D. Gray-man Fan Fiction ❯ 'Till Halloween ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: The usual: I don't own D.Gray Man. I'm using the characters for my own entertainment and molest Lavi in my mind frequently. XD
 
Pairing: eventual Lavi/Allen
 
BTW, this is AU and Lavi has both of his eyes and Allen has no scar and a normal arm :D
 
`Till Halloween by Yaoi Girl
 
Oh, how Lavi wish he could break through the wall and strangle Allen at the moment…
 
He had been woke up at least five times within the past hour from the teen's alarm clock blaring behind his head on the other side of the wall, and it wasn't just a beep or two and then the snooze…Oh, no. It was go off for five minutes or so then the snooze would be hit. And guess what time it was.
 
The red-head refused to look at his clock. He didn't see any hints of the sun peeking in his window, so he didn't even want to know.
 
But the sixth time it went off, he decided to go ahead and go to the bathroom to relieve his full bladder. Many cans of soda and water will do that to you when you sit on a couch for 10 hours watching television the day before.
 
And when he came back from the bathroom, the alarm was still going off…And so, very irritated that he was awake to begin with, not to mention the additional blare of noise, set Lavi off enough to smash his fist into Allen's wall in an attempt to make the noise stop. But instead, he got another noise.
 
Apparently, that loud bang had scared the poor white-haired teen enough to roll off his bed, on the opposite side of the bed from the clock at that.
 
`What's Lavi thinking?' he mused while holding his elbow, which had aided in his sudden drop to the hardwood floor beneath him before he stood and crawled onto his bed, smashing the snooze button again before balling up beneath his covers after hauling the pile back up to the bed that had fallen with him. How he hated the cold! `Doesn't he get up at 6:30 like a normal person?' Little did he know…
 
Allen didn't want to move. He was too cold now to go back to sleep for another few minutes before the alarm went off again, so he simply shut off the machine and huddled under his covers. His feet were freezing, the end of his nose was cold as hell, and he was shivering enough to make his teeth chatter.
 
`Maybe Lavi's place is warmer?' he thought as he wrapped a blanket from his many around himself before waddling to the bathroom then to his front door with his keys in hand.
 
`What now?' the red-head inwardly groaned as he heard someone banging on his door some minutes later. `Who the hell comes to someone's place at this hour in the morning?'
 
Angrily, he threw off his covers, slipped on a T-shirt and his slippers and padded groggily down the hall to his living room, quickly opening the door only to find his neighbor chattering with his blanket wrapped around himself.
 
“Allen?” was all he could manage in his confusion.
 
“Did I wake you?” the teen asked innocently.
 
“Several times,” he groaned, motioning for the teen to enter his domicile. “So what's up? Why are you banging on my door at 7 in the morning?”
 
Allen smiled sheepishly as he sat on Lavi's couch, balling up deep into his blanket, thanking whatever was out there that this guy wasn't a polar bear like Mana was. “Sorry, I know I have a bad habit of sleeping through my alarm. I'm just so used to it now…”
 
Lavi waved him off as he yawned, curling up in his own blanket on the other end of the couch, his slippers falling off and hitting the carpeted floor with a dull thud.
 
“So why are you here exactly?”
 
“Oh…My dad likes to freeze me to death. He complains all the time that it's so hot and he has to have the AC blasting till icicles are hanging from all the rooms. Only then is he satisfied. And half of my blankets are still packed up, so I only had about three to cover me last night.”
 
The older boy didn't know whether to believe him or not. Lavi had to have a certain temperature too, but cold was not his thing…nor was hot, for that matter. Just a nice in between temperature suited him just fine. And apparently it applied to Allen as well.
 
“I was hoping you wouldn't mind if I thawed out over here for a while. I left a note for my dad so he knew where to look for me.”
 
This kid was something else, Lavi could tell that much. Pounding on his door at an ungodly hour, at least to him, to warm up. How cute.
 
“I don't mind you coming over and all, but I don't have anything to do. I don't normally wake up until after noon on any given day because of class and parties. So since I sleep a lot, I only have basic stuff to keep me entertained. I'm not used to guests.”
 
Allen shrugged, blinking lazily like he was going to fall asleep.
 
“So, wait…You had your alarm set for what then? It wasn't to come see me…”
“It's just a force of habit for me to set it and hit the snooze until I'm either ready to wake up or dad wakes me up by taking my covers.” He shuddered. How he hated those mornings.
 
“I'm going to break that habit of yours or I'm going to break your clock. You're choice,” Lavi grinned lopsidedly at him. “I'm not a morning person. But since you don't know any better, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt today. If I have to, I'll pound on your wall everyday.”
 
The younger teen blushed from embarrassment as he recalled what had happened not even more than a half an hour ago as he fell to his floor.
 
“It seemed to work,” Lavi again smiled.
 
“You heard me fall, huh?” he asked tiredly.
 
He then received a nod and a small laugh. “I've never had a neighbor like you before, no matter where it was I've lived before this. But then again, I don't think my room was ever against someone's bedroom before either. It was always like a closet or something.” He shrugged as he tried recalling a previous address.
 
After he was done reminiscing, Lavi looked up to find Allen out cold, relaxed as could be against the arm of his couch.
 
`I'll let you sleep for now,' he thought as he took in the boy's face, how cute he was while he was asleep. He could tell he and Allen would get along just fine. Just exactly to the extent of that `how fine' Lavi didn't know. But he wouldn't get his hopes up. Allen was younger than him after all.
 
He had always gone after the older guys; well, not too much older. Just by a couple years or four, or they came after him. But it was always for a relationship. If he knew a guy was just trying to get in his pants, he cut him off right there on the spot. Lavi wasn't like that. He would get too lonely, thinking that's all he was good for…He sighed.
 
`I'm lonely now. But at least I have a person I can hang out with that's sober and who will remember me the next day, unlike a lot of the people I usually party with,' he mused as he watched Allen's head roll the slightest bit, his silky hair moving to tickle his cheek. `I better go back to bed while I can too.' And with that, slowly he stood from his couch, nudged the white-haired teen just enough to wake him slightly and told him that he was going back down the hall to his room, to which he received a grunt of acknowledgement.
 
“Silence at last,” he smiled as he curled up under his own blankets, yawning. `I don't think he'll try to steal my stuff or anything; he doesn't seem at all like that kind of person,' Lavi then thought as he rolled onto his side to get comfy. `And what am I going to cook for dinner?' were his last thoughts before he drifted off.
 
It was some hours later, closer to his normal wake up time, that Lavi began to shift and stir again, tensing as he felt something next to him that was never there…
 
He turned his head, confused as hell, to find Allen curled up with his own blanket next to him.
 
`What the hell is this kid thinking?' was all he could think of in his sleep mused mind. But he didn't want to wake him.
 
So he climbed out of his bed as gently and quietly as possible and headed towards the bathroom for his normal routine, ending up in the kitchen with the thought of food on his mind.
 
`Toaster struddle things or bacon sandwich?' The bacon sandwich actually required a little bit more work than opening a box and throwing some pieces of frozen goodness into a toaster for a few minutes. But he did have a guest over, so breakfast should be a little more than that today.
 
So he fished around in his fridge for what was left of the bacon from the day before, fried it up and cut up a tomato and toasted some bread.
 
Now where was Allen since his morning's masterpieces were complete, save for the mess left from creating it.
 
After setting a couple sandwiches on two plates with some mixed fruit juice, he headed back to his room, calling gently for Allen, so as not to startle him again. The last thing he needed was to explain why 1) Allen was at his place so early 2) Allen falling off Lavi's bed and 3) Allen sleeping on Lavi's bed in the first place. But even he didn't know why or how he had ended up in his bed.
 
“Allen,” he whispered next to the boy's ear as he gently shook him by the shoulder. “I made breakfast. Get up.”
 
The teen groaned and tried rolling away from Lavi, but Lavi caught his blanket and started to tug it away. And only then did Allen wake up.
 
And what a horribly cute blush exploded across his cheeks.
 
“I'm so sorry, Lavi!” he blurted out, wanting to hide right now. “I was just still so cold after you went to bed that I needed something to warm me up, so I crawled in bed next to you…”
 
Lavi laughed and ruffled the younger teen's hair. “Not a problem. It kinda freaked me out waking up with you there out of no where, but I don't mind. At least I know now why you were there. Now come eat breakfast before the bacon gets cold.”
 
“Breakfast?” he asked looking at Lavi's clock.
 
“Fine, lunch if you want to be picky. You can eat bacon sandwiches for any meal!”
 
That sounded good. Especially on an empty stomach, like Allen currently had. He hadn't eaten since the night before when he and Mana had gone out for dinner. And that had been an early dinner too.
 
By the time Lavi got Allen away from his blanket, the boy had one of his hoodies on over his clothes from being so cold. It was almost too cute how big it was on him too. At least Allen had some sweats on to keep his legs warm, but only a T-shirt otherwise and some socks.
 
“Dig in!” Lavi grinned as they began to eat, and it all went too quickly, but that was fine because it was so good. Allen didn't have anyone to really cook for him anymore; Mana was usually too busy with work and Allen was too lazy or cold to cook, not to mention that he wasn't too good at it anyway.
 
“You've just given me another reason to come over early in the morning other than warming up.”
 
Lavi quizzically looked down at him as he chugged his juice.
 
“You feed me.”
 
And that nearly caused the red-head to choke on his juice as he began to laugh and tried to swallow at the same time.
 
“It's not an everyday thing that I cook real food; it's usually just instant stuff.”
 
“Me too, but I can't cook to save my life unless it comes with microwave directions.”
 
“You at least know enough to tell me how to make that pie, right?”
 
Allen's eyes lit up. He had forgotten all about that.
 
“Of course I can. I know a lot of recipes for sweets, but I can't make them at all. They always burn or I mix them in the wrong order or something goes wrong.”
 
“Then I'll take you shopping with me later so you can get everything we need to make that pie! And so I can decide on what I'm going to make for dinner.”
 
“I really appreciate what you're doing, Lavi. We've never had anyone invite us over before, or if they had, we were too busy with other things to go anywhere.”
 
“I'd invite you guys over every night if I could, but with school, I can't. I can really only cook on the weekends. At least until summer break kicks in, and then I'll have a little bit of extra time. I'll just have to kick back on the parties. They've gotten dull lately anyway. Same people, same drinks, same music, same party…”
 
“I've never really done anything other than school and photography.”
 
“You like to take pictures?”
 
Allen nodded. “I love landscapes.”
 
“You'll have to show me sometime.”
 
“Of course,” he smiled as he finished off the last of his breakfast and juice. “Thanks for whatever meal you consider this.”
 
“No problem,” he grinned as he picked up the glasses and plates and disposed of them in the sink for the time being. “Go take a shower and get ready; we'll leave in about an hour and a half so I have time to clean up a little bit before you guys come over tonight.”
 
Just the thought of that delicious pie…you could practically see Allen drooling.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The peaches and cream pie~ The best! I'll actually include the recipe in the next chapter or two, whenever I decide they're gonna make it!
 
Allen's like a lost, frozen little kitten, ne? XD