D. Gray-man Fan Fiction ❯ 'Till Halloween ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: I don’t own D.Gray-man. I’m simply using the characters for my and my muse’s entertainment.

Notes: eventual Lavi/Allen, AU: Lavi has both eyes.

‘Till Halloween by Yaoi Girl

The days and weeks seemed to fly by too quickly, the pair and the kitten following their normal routines of interaction, that being Allen helping Lavi three times a week with algebra homework and coming close to housebreaking the kitten.

And Lavi hadn’t forgotten that Allen’s birthday was only two days away. On his way home from class on Wednesday, he decided to stop by a couple stores in hopes of finding something for Allen. But what he was going to get him, he had no clue. Allen hadn’t really dropped any hints as to wanting anything at all and the red-head really had no idea of what Allen liked other than taking pictures.

‘Maybe a scrapbook or photo album?’ he mused as he walked up and down isles in different stores in the mall. ‘Nah. Something flashier. Hmm…pictures, flashier…’

And with that he had pulled his cell phone from his pocket, dialing up Mana. Yes, Mana, not Allen. It would totally give his brilliant idea away if he called the silver haired teen.

“Hey, Mana, it’s Lavi!” he chirped as he leaned over a clear display case in a certain store. “I was wondering if you knew what type of lenses Allen had for his camera.”

“I think he only has the basic one and a small zoom lens. But I’m not real sure…I don’t usually pay attention to his camera. Why do you ask?”

“I was thinking about getting him a new one for his birthday. I don’t know what else to get him unless you have any suggestions.”

“Oh, no, Lavi! Those lenses will cost a fortune!”

“It’s fine, really. I have plenty of money to buy one for him.”

“I’m still telling you not to.”

Lavi chuckled. “As long as I know he’ll take care of it, seeing how he loves photography, I’d love to buy one for him. Who knows, maybe one day you’ll thank me when he becomes a famous photographer.”

Mana sighed, knowing that he wasn’t going to win this fight. “I know Allen would be happy with a new lens.”

“Great! Thanks for your help, Mana!” Lavi beamed as he closed his cell and pocketed it. “Ma’am!”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

‘I hope he’s not in the house,’ Lavi thought as he walked down the corridor to his room. ‘I don’t know how I would distract him so he can’t read the bag.’ And, of course, Lavi had nothing else to hide the bag in.

But, alas, Allen was sitting curled up on the couch wrapped in the red-head’s blanket no less, but he was out cold with the TV on. That was a plus.

As quietly as he could, Lavi unlocked and shut his door, managing to keep his keys at a low noise level as he slid them into his pocket and snuck down the hall to his room. From there, he tucked the lens away in a dark corner of his closet and shut the door.

He ventured back down the hall, only now to find the silver haired teen laying down and curled up, mumbling about something as his eyebrows furrowed slightly. Lavi could only smile as he walked past the couch to the kitchen.

He began pulling this and that out for dinner, being as quiet as he could. He knew that Allen hadn’t slept very well the night before, seeing as he was running a fever and thrashing around in the bed, much to Lavi’s dismay. So it gave him all the more reason to ditch college today.

Once everything was thrown together in the beginnings of a delicious, as always, masterpiece, Lavi headed back to the living room and knelt beside the couch before placing a gentle hand on Allen’s forehead.

Allen flinched slightly as a cold hand touched him, but didn’t wake. In fact, the hand felt kinda nice against his burning hot flesh, and so he nuzzled closer to it.

Noticing the reaction his cool skin received, Lavi dared to go farther. Not too far though, mind you. Just to see what other reactions he could get from the boy.

He left the one hand on Allen’s forehead while he gently placed the other on the teen’s exposed neck, in which the silver haired boy arched into. The hand then gently trailed up to his cheek where he dared to ghost his thumb over the teens slightly parted lips. When his thumb moved to join the rest of his fingers, Allen mumbled slightly but still didn’t show any signs of waking, so Lavi did it again, gaining the same response.

Not being able to resist anymore from the too innocent looking teen who was driving him mad just by laying there sleeping, he leaned in and placed a chaste, feather light kiss on those pale, slightly parted lips.

As soon as he backed away, he quickly removed himself completely from Allen, eyes wide. ‘What am I thinking?!’

Allen groaned at the loss of coolness and rolled to face the back of the couch, pulling the blanket up to his chin.

He shook himself from his stupor and abruptly stood, heading towards the kitchen. He peeked in the oven to check on their meal before plopping unceremoniously into one of the kitchen chairs.

Lavi had never gotten this worked up about someone; hell, usually he was the one to let the other guys do the chasing and he became the somewhat submissive one if he liked them. But Allen was different. He was younger and appeared to be more vulnerable, not at all the type to be dominant.

As he sat mulling over his thoughts and emotions, one silver haired teen appeared in the archway for the kitchen, leaning against the inside of the frame with a hand over his stomach, cheeks brightly flushed, eyes barely open, and his breath coming in pained pants.

“Allen! You should be in bed resting!” he said as he stood from his chair, walking to the boy and placing a hand on his forehead. “You’re still burning up!”

Allen swallowed hard before beginning to pant again. “The medicine’s not working, Lavi.”

As he had said this, he slumped against the red-head who then scooped him up and carried the shivering teen down the hall to his bedroom. There, he laid Allen down and went to get a bowl of ice water and a washcloth.

When he had returned with said items, Allen had already kicked off the blankets Lavi had placed over him before he had left them room, and Lavi instantly covered him back up and admonished him.

“I know you think you’re burning to death, but your skin’s as cold as ice!” he hissed as he dipped the rag into the water, wringing it out a moment later before folding it neatly to place on the boy’s head. “You need to stay under the covers. Does your dad know you here?”

Allen nodded slightly, eyes drooping shut slowly.

“Does he know your ill?”

To this Allen shook his head lazily and Lavi sighed before pulling his cell phone from his pocket.

He pulled up Mana’s number and hit the call button, the tone ringing about three times before the man answered.

“Is everything okay, Lavi?” the man greeted, somewhat worried considering the fact that he knew that Lavi knew that he was at work.

“Well, Allen’s been running a fever all day and it’s not going down any.”

“I see. What have you given him?”

“He had some Tylenol earlier this morning, but I think he’s thrown it up. In fact, I’m pretty positive that he did.”

To this, the silver haired teen smiled somewhat sheepishly before holding three fingers up from beneath his blanket.

“Okay, he’s thrown up three times today since I’ve been gone. I’ll give him some more and some toast or something to try and keep it down though. Right now’s he in my bed with a cold rag on his head.”

“I won’t be home until late tonight, so do you mind watching over him until I get home?”

“I don’t mind keeping him all night so that you can rest! I don’t have class tomorrow, so it’s no problem.”

“I really appreciate it, Lavi. But if it gets to where you can’t handle it, either bring him over tonight or take him to the emergency room or something. I don’t want you to stress out over him.”

“We’ll be fine,” Lavi soothed, smiling down at Allen and running a hand over his cheek.

“Okay then, thanks again, Lavi. But now I have to get back to work.”

“No problem. I’ll see you later.” And with that he closed his phone and set it on the night stand beside the bed, Allen’s hand now resting atop Lavi’s whose was still on his burning cheek.

He and Lavi stayed like that until Allen fell asleep a few minutes later. Finally, slowly, removing his hand and setting the teen’s back under the blanket, Lavi returned to the kitchen to take dinner out of the oven.

‘Considering the fact that’s he’s already thrown up as much as he has today, I don’t think he can handle this until tomorrow,’ he mused as he looked down at the steaming pan now resting on top of the stove. He then shrugged and let it sit to cool before he could dig out some for his own dinner, going to wrap the rest to save for the next day while he made a few slices of toast for Allen and grabbed the medication.

As he entered his room, he couldn’t help but stare longingly at Allen who was now curled up on his side with the rag hanging on his forehead and the pillow. If only Allen was interested in him that way…

He didn’t want to wake Allen, but he knew that if he could get the toast and medicine in him quickly and then the boy went right back to sleep, he’d have a better chance of not throwing it back up. And so he journeyed to the bedside and gently shook the teen with his free hand.

The silver haired boy whimpered slightly, his eyes furrowing tightly together as he rolled to his back. After a few more prods, his eyes opened and focused on Lavi.

“Eat this,” he said as he sat on the edge of the bed, urging Allen to sit up against the headboard. “Eat it slowly though. If not, you’ll get sick again.”

The teen nodded and took a slice of the slightly browned and buttered bread while Lavi left the room, returned when he was about half way done with the slice, holding a cup of milk.

“Now go ahead and take this. Don’t gulp down the milk either; take slow sips.”

Allen did as he was told before handing the glass back to Lavi who then instructed him to finish the toast and try to go back to sleep.

And fall asleep he did shortly after he had coaxed Lavi into laying down with him. When Lavi finally gave in and changed for the night, he instantly curled up against his side, the red-head wincing slightly against the burning hot flesh of the teen’s forehead and the iciness of the rest of his body.

Not too long before Lavi finally began to shut his eyes to go to sleep, Allen lifted his body slightly and rested his head on Lavi’s bear chest, snaking an arm around the red-head’s chest in the process while his legs balled up and rested against’ Lavi’s thigh.

Slightly awakened from the temperature changes, he looked down and smiled before wrapping one of his own arms around the silver haired teen and laying a gentle kiss to his forehead.

“Sleep well, Allen.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

And just where is the little one in this story? You'll see next chapter! Naughty kitty!

Just so you know, I eat reviews like candy :d