D. N. Angel Fan Fiction / Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Alchemists and Thieves ❯ The Arrival. ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The exited town of Azumo was busiling with life. It was an exeptionally large town that layed off the coast. The buildings there where rich, and the streets combined with the style of the houses resembled something that could be found in London. The town also had markets that stood near the parlor, placed next to the soft sea where boats could be found basking in the warm sun and catching fish for future sales to come.
The uniqu town also was beautiful in many ways. It seemed that the single purpose of Azumo was to capture an onlookers wandering eye with its rare delicacy of refine art. The town was so delicatly beautiful that even by a glimps you could tell it was special. It had everything from a magnificent clock tower placed in the middle of the town that reflected the ocean off its polished surface, to an art museum which was crafted masterfully with statues of angels. And -to add to it all- The people where also diffrent. But in a good way. They also had the same unrealistic glint to them; although as if perfict to fit in a frame of artwork.
The people of the town were all seemingly full of life and where happly bouncing up and down the shops, talking to each other, laughing, and continueing on their way.... untill they saw the strangers, standing in the center of the comotion. Some people stoped and stared at the two people who were standing in there much beloved town, and other people just passed up the strangers and continued on their way; But not before a long glance in there direction. Its not that Azumo didnt like strangers in there town.... In fact, most of there profit revolved around the tourim there. It was just that the two strangers standing there were just, well, strange.
One of the two strangers was a kid. He looked about 14 or 15 years old, but despite his age, he was only about 5 feet tall. The boy had dark yellow hair that formed into a braid along his shoulders, and had long bangs that into and past his eyes. He wore a black vest along with black pants on which he kept a thick black belt. On it was a small silver watch, engraved with a small lion that seemed to signify something. On His shoulders lay an hoodless red cloak that went down to his ankles and had a black insignia on the back.
The second of the two was a suit of armor. The armor was grey-ish blue in color, exept for a lone red feather sticking out of the helmit. The armor was also big, so the height of its companion only went up to the top of its shoulder at the most.
"Were are we now...?" Sighed the smaller companion, crossing his arms as he turned his head to stedily look around.
"Azu..... mo....." Replyed the other. But the odd thing was that when he talked... despit his bulk and size, his voice was soft and small.... resembling that of an 11 year-old.
"huh?"
"The sighn." The armor repeted in his child-ish voice, raising his arm to a sighn nearby. "It says Azumo"
"Azumo....." Wispered the boy, lifting his hand up to his chin in thought. "Were have I heard that before...?" He asked slowly. "Do you know, Al?" He said, turning to the suit of armor for help in remembering but only getting a shrug in reply.
"Ed..." Al said quietly, cutting off his thoughts. "Shouldn't we find a place to sleep?"
Ed shook his head. "Ya..." He said at the same time.