D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Before the Crystal Memory ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ch. 1: The Beginning
X I don't own D-N-Angel or any of its characters, blah, blah, blah… This version is slightly different than the other one. This () means that there's been a flashback. This () means that there's a pause or the story is from someone else's point of view. I love Botan. To anyone reading this on the internet, if my references as to how I have no lead in my pencil or anything like that, it's cause this story was written on paper before I typed it up. Whenever I make references about people, they're all people who attend my high school. I still love Botan
_________________________________________________________________ ________
Daisuke lay on his bed in the cabin, facedown in tears. `That bastard!' Dark thought. `Daisuke was about to spill his heart out to him and he shot him down before he could even open his mouth!'
It was the annual end-of-school field trip for the eighth graders, and Risa, Riku, Daisuke, and Satoshi would be sharing a cabin.
The day before, Daisuke had broken up with Riku to confess his feelings for Satoshi, but judging by what they had overheard, telling him anything would be pointless. `Daisuke!' Dark yelled. `Change into me and I'll-` Suddenly his (or their, to be technical) heart started to beat faster. Looking at himself, Dark realized that Daisuke had transformed from just thinking about Satoshi. `Daisuke…' he thought sadly.
`I'm so sorry Dark,' Daisuke said, `even after he said that all those things, I can't stop thinking about him… I'm so sorry…'
Daisuke nervously stared down at his feet; he couldn't bring himself to look her in the eyes. “W-what?” Riku asked, totally shocked.
“I… I, uh, still like you as a friend, but I don't know if I really want a girlfriend right now.”
Riku's head was spinning and she felt she would cry at any minute. She wanted to say something, but she was so caught off guard no words would come out. The silence was killing Daisuke. He was calmer than he thought he would be, but he at least wished that Riku would say something. At last he couldn't stand the silence and started to walk away. “Do you like someone else better than me?” Riku asked sadly.
`She's going through the same thing I went through with Risa,' Daisuke thought sadly.
`Well, there's not anything you can do but be honest with yourself,' Dark reminded him.
“Well! Who do you like!” Riku yelled at him. “It's Risa, isn't it? You were only going out with me to be closer to her, weren't you?”
“What?” Daisuke said, “I really did like you Riku! But now…”
“I get it!” she yelled, crying, “But now you like Risa!” Riku turned away and started to run home, almost knocking people over in the process.
Daisuke stood on the sidewalk in front of the school, watching Riku dash off. `I don't feel anything…' Dark thought. `If I was in love with her, then why don't I feel anything…?'
“Hey Takeshi!” Daisuke yelled. “Is Satoshi in the locker bay?”
“Uh, yeah. He's the last one there. See ya!”
Waving good-bye and trying to clear his mind of the Riku-dilemma, he slowly walked towards the locker bay.
Daisuke's heart pounded heavily as he opened the door. `I feel more nervous now than when he broke up with Riku,' Dark thought. `Why the hell am I so nervous!'
Daisuke started toward Satoshi's locker when he heard: “You should've gotten the hint, I love him, not you. There's nothing you can do to change my feelings, so stop pursuing me!”
Daisuke stopped dead in his tracks. Both his and Dark's heart felt as if they had turned to lead. He turned and slowly walked out of the locker room and towards home. No one else was on the street. He was alone. `You know,' Dark said silently. `It's okay if you cry… I won't say anything.' So, all alone on the street, Daisuke cried.