D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Before the Crystal Memory ❯ Risa's Feelings ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“Riku!” Risa yelled to her sister from outside her bedroom door. “Riku, I didn't know Daisuke was going to break up with you for me! Honest!” This had been happening ever since Riku came home. Risa was totally at a loss. She felt bad for her big sister, but excited at the idea of someone breaking up with someone for her.
Riku, stony-faced, opened the door. “Ah! Riku, you finally came to your senses! Do you believe me that-“
“I'm just going to the bath,” Riku grumbled. Sighing, Risa opened her door and shut it firmly. `Jeez, older sisters are such a pain!' She turned off her light and set her alarm clock. She shut her eyes but could not sleep. `Daisuke broke up with Riku… to go out with me…' She felt guilty, but she also felt glad. `It wasn't fair anyway, her having a boyfriend when I don't… even though I have Dark.' Now that she thought about it, she had only ever actually seen Dark in person once or twice.
“But Daisuke's always around…” she whispered. Every time she shut her eyes she found herself seeing a ruby-eyed boy with crimson hair.
It was the first day of the seven day-six night field trip. Coincidently, she, Daisuke, Riku, and Satoshi were sharing a cabin. Satoshi and Riku were nowhere to be found. She didn't really know-or care-where Satoshi was, but figured that Riku was at Ritsuko and Miyuki's cabin because she didn't want to be around Daisuke.
“Daisuke…” Risa murmured as she left the main lobby-building-thing and headed towards the cabin. `I hope he's still in there,' she thought. She slowly opened the cabin door without making any noise. `It's so dark in here… I don't think he'd stay in here with no lights on…' Feeling dejected, Risa sighed and almost backed out the door.
“Me and Satoshi are gonna have a little talk,” a deep voice said. Stunned, Risa looked up at the top bunk of Daisuke and Satoshi's bed. Sure enough, the Phantom Thief Dark was sitting up in the bed, wearing Daisuke's uniform.
Dark poked his head out of the door and, making sure no one was around, walked outside. `You should transform back into me,' Daisuke said vaguely. `It's only two o'clock, so it's still light out.' Dark forced a picture of Riku to conjure in his mind. Nothing happened. `Why aren't you transforming?' Daisuke asked, suddenly interested.
`Shut up!' Dark snapped. `I don't know-`
“Dark Mousy?” a girl's voice asked. Spinning around, Dark saw the girl was Ms. Risa Harada. “Well, well,” he said, turning on the charm. “If it isn't Riku's twin sister…”
`How on Earth did she sneak up on us without you noticing?' Daisuke wondered.
“Hello Dark,” Risa said flirtatiously. “Or should I say, Daisuke Niwa?”
`Augh!' Daisuke screamed. `How on Earth does she know!'
Risa, still smiling cheerfully, said: “I saw you in the cabin. So how do you do it? Costume? Actual transformation?”
“What makes you think I'm that loser?” Dark said.
`Loser! What do you mean, loser?'
`Sorry Daisuke, but I gotta play it off somehow,' Dark reminded.
“I can prove it!” Risa said triumphantly. She flipped up Dark's collar and read: “Daisuke Niwa. It's mandatory that we sew our names under the collar of our shirts, Daisuke… I mean, Dark.”
`Uh-oh,' Dark thought.
`Run!' Daisuke yelled. `Run away!'
“No one will believe you,” Dark said to her. “You have no real proof.”
Smiling, Risa took out a tape recorder out of her bag. “Hee-hee!” she giggled. “I have the whole conversation on tape!”
`God, she's so shrewd!' Daisuke said.
“But if you do what I want, I'll record over this tape.”
Dark rolled his eyes. `No wonder we liked Riku more,' he thought, `this girl is annoying!'
`Wait a minute, liked?' Daisuke asked curiously, `So that means you don't like Riku anymore?'
Quickly changing the subject, Dark asked Risa what it was she wanted. “Go out with me,” she said bluntly.
“What! No way!” Dark yelled. “You had your chance!”
`You tell her, Dark!' Daisuke supported. `And, uh, technically, it's chances…'
“Okay then,” she said, winking. “I'll just take this tape to the newspapers…”
“No!” Dark yelled. “Fine! I'll go out with you! Jeez!”
Risa grinned widely. “So transform into Daisuke!”
“It doesn't work that way!”
“Well then, do whatever you need to do. I'll turn around.”
`What a strange turn of events…' Daisuke thought. Dark thought of Riku. He felt nothing. He tried again. Nothing. Dark sighed. He looked at Risa from behind. And again, felt nothing. Daisuke, frustrated that Dark wouldn't transform, let his mind wonder to Satoshi.
`I need to talk to him and see if that's really how he feels,' he realized. `It's pointless to sit and mope-` Daisuke paused. `You transformed!' he thought. `All that thinking of Riku finally paid off, huh?'
`Yeah…' Dark said slowly, not wanting to discuss why he transformed.
“Risa?” Daisuke asked.
Risa turned around, smiling. “Daisuke-chan!” she cried, throwing her arms around him.
`She called you Daisuke-chan!' Dark laughed.
“Uh, Risa, people are watching…”
“Oh Daisuke guess what?” she gushed. “Blah blah blah…”
`To think I once liked her...' Daisuke thought miserably.
“All students from class 2-A come to the main lobby!” the teachers voice rang out.
“I, uh, left something in the cabin!” Daisuke yelled to Risa as he gladly ran away from her.
`Both of them are so mysterious!' Risa thought happily as she ran to the lobby. When she entered, she looked everywhere for Riku, but she was nowhere in sight. “Risa!” Ritsuko yelled to her as she ran in her direction. “Have you seen Riku! She's missing!”
X I thought about it and decided that I'm not going to do the whole Satoshi-flashback thing. It's just too late to do it anyways. I've also decided that Daisuke is going to start liking Risa again. Please don't hit me Amber, it'll all work out!