D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Before the Crystal Memory ❯ When Satoshi Left ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

X I'm so tired. Sleep. Hmm. I remember when I used to do that… Maybe I should try it again. There's defiantly gonna be a sequel to this. Editors #1 & 2 should read the earlier chapters and tell me what they should be called when I type it (Jasmine: You mean when I type it!). Riku's not gonna play a big role and neither is Krad. Dark's still uncertain. I don't know what to do with him. That damn “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” song is on (Jasmine: I love that song 3!)… again! Curse you Green Day (Jasmine: I love Green Day 3!)! Why does your song haunt me! My shadow's the only one that walks beside me, my shallow heart's the only one that's beating… Dammit! Damn it to Hell! still listens to song anyway X
Ch. 6 When Satoshi left
There was a loud knock on the door. Groaning, Riku got up and answered it.
“Hello Ms. Harada,” the teacher said. “At nine the groups are exploring the grounds. Tell the others that.” The teacher left and Riku shut the door.
It was eight-thirty. Sighing, she looked at the top bunks, looking for her homosexual ex and her traitor sister… but no one was there. `Oh no! I'm alone!' she thought. `How am I gonna explain this!' She looked around frantically, and she saw a wisp of sky blue hair peeking out from underneath the blankets. `Oh… Satoshi's here…' She walked over to him and shook him, attempting to wake him.
“Unn? What? What?” Satoshi asked as he rolled over, still half asleep.
“Where's Daisuke and my sister?” Riku yelled.
“Oh… Okay,” Satoshi said and fell back asleep.
“Wake up idiot!” Riku yelled as she kicked him.
He sat up, looking a little startled, but still sleepy. “What?” he asked again, looking like he could fall asleep at any minute.
“My sister and Daisuke are missing, and all the groups are touring the grounds!” she exclaimed.
Satoshi snapped awake at once. “Daisuke's gone?” he asked, finally looking alert.
`Yes, and he's with that girl,' Krad said. `Are you aware of what they could be doing? Or why they're not here in the first place!'
`All that doesn't matter,' Satoshi said back as he got up and looked for his glasses. `Oh…' he thought, reminding himself. `He broke them…'
“Hello?” Riku yelled. “What are we gonna do?”
Satoshi took his and Riku's pillows and stuffed them under Daisuke's blankets. “Well, we can just say Daisuke's asleep with a fever,” he said.
“What about my sister?” Riku asked.
“Say she's taking a shower or something,” Satoshi said, more concerned with finding Daisuke than even thinking about Risa. “Since we won't be able to explore the grounds with only two people, I can go search for them,” he said as he began to dig through his bag for some clothes.
“And why do I have to stay here?” Riku asked defiantly.
`Is the other one like that?' Krad asked as he heard Riku yelling at Satoshi.
`No, she's whiny, not pushy,' Satoshi responded flatly. He still hadn't gotten used to having Krad in him, and certainly understood how Daisuke and Dark felt more comfortable with each other.
“You're staying because everyone can't be missing at the same time, and when I find them it won't be a problem finding my way back,” Satoshi responded as he went into the bathroom and started to change.
Riku huffed and sat down on her bed. `Could she have actually gone out to find me?' she thought guiltily. `And what about Daisuke?'
Satoshi came out and told her to tell the teacher that he was in the lobby. He left Riku alone in the room, wondering where exactly Daisuke could have gone.
“Unn… It's morning,” Daisuke murmured as he woke up the next day. `It's so light out…' he thought.
`Daisuke! What were you doing while I was sleeping!' Dark asked gleefully.
“Whoa!” Daisuke said as he realized that Risa was practically on top of him.
`Daisuke how could you? I thought you loved Satoshi!' Dark continued as Daisuke rolled Risa off of him.
`I, uh, I don't think anything happened… we just talked!' Daisuke said to Dark, who was laughing hysterically.
Risa slowly opened her eyes and sat up. “Oh! Wh-where am… oh Niwa,” she said, smiling.
Daisuke didn't smile back. `I feel kind of odd,' he told Dark.
`It's `cause you looove her!' he teased. `Daisuke loves Risa, Daisuke loves Risa!” Dark said in a singsong voice.
“Ni-chan, my ankle still hurts!” Risa cried as he shook his head, trying to ignore Dark's chants.
“C'mere, I'll carry you-!” Daisuke tripped over a rock while trying to get to her. He opened his eyes and found himself staring into hers.
“D-Daisuke…” she murmured.
“You finally didn't add any suffixes…” he murmured as he felt his heart skip a beat.
`Daisuke you two-timing idiot!' Dark yelled as Daisuke's lips hovered centimeters above Risa's.
`I shouldn't be doing this…' he thought as he pressed his lips to hers. His head was a swirling mass of confusion as she shifted her hands to his shoulders.
`You're transforming!' Dark agonized.
`I'm… wha?' Daisuke thought as he began to transform.
“Oh! D-Dark!” Risa cried as he broke the kiss and flew off of her.
“Daisuke you idiot!” he yelled, wiping his mouth.
`S-sorry!' Daisuke said. `I don't know what came over me! Her face was so close to mine, and…'
`There's no excuse!' Dark yelled back. “Get up!” Dark snapped at Risa. The sooner they left the woods, the better.
“I can't put pressure on my ankle!” Risa squealed.
Dark (reluctantly) picked up Risa and walked off. `Why the hell did you transform!' Dark yelled to Daisuke.
`I… I don't know!' Daisuke said back.
Risa stayed quiet most of the way back. “Umm… Dark? Could you transform back into Dai?” she finally asked.
“Gladly!” he yelled as he thought of Satoshi. Dark transformed, and faded away as soon as he did.
`Jeez, he's really mad,' Daisuke thought.
“Niwa-kun?” Risa asked quietly. “Why'd you kiss me?”
Daisuke blushed furiously. “Uh, um, well we're going out and all,” he stammered.
Risa paused before speaking again. “Does Dark hate me?”
`Yes,' Daisuke thought, but he didn't tell her. “Well, he was just a little surprised I transformed when I did,” he said.
“You transform according to feelings of love, right?” Risa asked excitedly. “So that means you love me?”
Daisuke stopped dead in his tracks. `No!' he thought. `Satoshi! Satoshi is the one I love!'
He ignored Risa the rest of the way, feeling guilty that he kissed her. `But we're dating,' he thought. `So technically I'm cheating on her with Satoshi…' He hung his head, feeling guilty for thinking like that.
“I can see the lobby from here,” Risa said, pointing up ahead.
Daisuke could see all the groups gathered around the lobby. “I wonder where Riku and Satoshi are,” he said, still wondering what to do with Risa.
“Daisuke! Risa! What on earth are you two doing?” the teacher asked as they came into full sight.
“Ms. Harada sprained her ankle!” Daisuke said to her.
“Oh my! But Riku told me you were in the bathroom when I visited your cabin!”
“Oh, uh, she… she thought she saw something in the woods…” Daisuke said disbelievingly.
The teacher narrowed her eyes. “And you went with her? I thought you were sleeping.”
Daisuke's heart was beating like crazy. “She, uh, woke me up,” he lied.
“You two weren't doing anything I should know about, were you?” the teacher asked, not believing their story. Risa blushed and turned her head.
“No!” Daisuke said, hoping she couldn't tell he was blushing.
“Yeah,” the teacher said, smiling. “You're not the kind of kid who would do something like that.” She helped Risa up and walked her into the lobby.
Daisuke headed to his cabin, hoping to see Satoshi. `I should tell him what I did,” Daisuke thought as he spotted him packing his things. “What're you doing?”
“I'm packing. I requested that my father pick me up early.”
“Hmm?” Daisuke said. `Why would he want to go home six days early?' he thought as he saw him zip up his bags. “Satoshi, I have something I need to tell you…” Daisuke said, rubbing his head.
“You don't have to tell me anything,” Satoshi said dryly.
`What…?' Daisuke thought. `He couldn't be talking about Risa… could he?' He reached out and touched Satoshi's shoulder. “Satoshi… What are you-“
Satoshi shrugged off his hand. “I trusted you… I let myself get close to you… to love you… and I thought you loved me. I actually fell for it! I should've listened to Krad…”
“Are you… talking about Risa?” Daisuke whispered.
“I saw you on top of her, kissing her!” Satoshi yelled, spinning around.
`He-he's crying…' Daisuke thought as he noticed that Satoshi had tears running down his face.
Satoshi wiped his eyes and hung his head, so angry he couldn't bring himself to look at Daisuke. He had gone out into the woods to search for Daisuke (and Risa, but mostly Daisuke), and when he found them, he had seen Daisuke kissing her. “I feel like an idiot,” he said bitterly.
`You should,' Krad hissed. `I warned you about that girl… but you trusted him.'
Daisuke was silent. `What can I really say?' he thought. `I did kiss Risa… but do I like her?' Daisuke clinched his fists and grinded his teeth. “I don't know what my feelings are for her. I honestly don't.”
“What makes you think I care!” Satoshi yelled as he sat down on his bed, burying his face in his hands.
`For him to open up to someone seems ten times harder than it would be for me…' Daisuke thought miserably.
Satoshi stood up and grabbed his bag. He walked up to Daisuke and stopped as he came directly to his side. “I won't forgive you. I'm not going to lie to you. If I ever see you or Dark again, I won't be your ally.” He walked to the door and opened it slowly. “But… I won't be your enemy, either.”
X Yes, it's over. No more. Over. Done. Zip (Jasmine: Okay Courtney, we get it, the fan-fic's over!). But, there will be a sequel! You'll see twice the Satoshi (Jasmine: cough Liar! cough) but even less Dark. When I type this up (Jasmine: Once again, when she means I, Jasmine, the greatest person in the world, type this up) there'll be titles and stuff, but not now (Jasmine: Well, technically, yes now, because I'm typing this and there are titles and stuff…).
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Top of Form
Bottom of Form