D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Before the Crystal Memory ❯ What Happened in the Woods ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

X hmm… I liked that chapter a lot (Jasmine: I agree, but I still say you should have stuck with the original Dark/Satoshi scene…)! It was the best one yet (in my opinion)! I think I should unfold the plot a little more. I should be working on my speech for Kerzee's class, but who cares? Did you see Fullmetal tonight! I love Roy! Roy Roy Roy Roy Roy Roy Roy Roy Roy Roy Roy Roy Roy… continue until annoyed. X
Ch.5 What happened in the woods
Daisuke sat at the table next to Takeshi, who was bothering him about why he was so late. “Hey, I heard about Riku! Why'd ya dump her? I overheard them talking and Ritsuko said it's `cause of Risa!” Daisuke sighed and stopped eating. “It's not because of Risa. Well, now it kinda is, but it wasn't before!”
`Less talk more eat!' Dark hollered at Daisuke. Ignoring Takeshi, Daisuke was interrupted again by someone tapping angrily on his shoulder. `Jeez!' Dark screamed. `Can a guy get a little fricking food in this hellhole!' Daisuke turned around and saw it was Ritsuko. “Get yer butt out of that chair and follow me!” she ordered, turning to walk away somewhere. “Uh… what?” Daisuke asked before Ritsuko grabbed him by the hand charged off.
Satoshi lay on his back, staring at the top bunk. `It'll be very awkward tomorrow,' Satoshi thought. Tomorrow each group of four would be exploring the grounds with one of the teachers of counselors. `Why aren't you worried about that girl?' Krad asked. `I know Daisuke is unwary enough to get himself in that situation. And I trust him.'
Krad was silent. `Well, we'll see where your trust gets you in the end,' he added dryly before fading out. “Finally I can think in peace,” Satoshi mumbled. `But Daisuke is going out with someone else, even if it is only a relationship of convenience…' Satoshi tossed and turned as he tried to ignore his growling stomach.
`It's not like me to be acting like this,' he thought uneasily. Sighing, he rolled over again. `Whatever. I'll be able to spend the whole day with Daisuke tomorrow, so who cares?'
“What! Dump Risa and go back out with Riku!” Daisuke yelled.
“Duh!” Ritsuko said. “Look, Riku still really likes you!”
Daisuke sighed. “Where is Riku, anyway?” he asked, trying to change the subject. `Who cares!' Dark yelled. “I. WANT. TO. EAT!'
Ritsuko paused. “Y'know, I think she went to go look for Risa!” she said, clapping her hands.
“Have you seen her!” he asked, starting to get worried. Even if she annoying, she still his “girlfriend”, and he couldn't just leave her to wander around. Ritsuko shook her head. “I'm gonna go look for her!” Daisuke shouted, charging away.
“Wait! What about Riku!” she asked.
“I'll, uh, think about it!” Daisuke ran out of the doors, thinking of where Risa could possibly be. `So now that theme-whore is more important than my food!' Dark asked angrily. Ignoring him, Daisuke continued to try and think of where Risa could be.
This wasn't an easy task with Dark muttering in the background. “The woods!” Daisuke said, still ignoring Dark's bad mood. “She probably thought Riku would most likely be in the woods, so she might've gone to look for her in there!” he said as he walked towards the woods. `What if your theory is wrong?' Dark cynically asked. “Well I thought about that, and that's why I'm transforming into you so we can just fly and look.” Dark sighed. `You idiot, we don't have Wiz! How the hell are we supposed to fly?'
“Dammit!” Daisuke yelled. `Maybe Risa's rubbing off on you,' Dark laughed. `Well, since I figure we're not ever gonna eat, so I'm going to sleep. G'night.'
`Wait, I need help!' Daisuke said. Too late. `God, he's already asleep,' he thought bitterly. Daisuke set off wondering how he would find Risa and then how he would get back. As he walked on, he could hear sobbing sounds. `That's her!' he thought. “Risa! Risa, are you there?”
“D-Daisuke-chan?” she asked, annoying him like crazy. `Daisuke, not Daisuke-chan!' he thought as he walked toward the sound of her voice.
“Daisuke-Ni!” she cried, throwing her arms around him when he approached her.
“Hey, uh, Risa, could you stop adding suffixes to my name? Just Daisuke, okay?”
Risa ignored him. “Oh, Dai-chan, it was horrible! I went off to find Riku, b-but I can't find her and-“
Daisuke put his hand to her mouth. “Daisuke, not Dai-chan. And Riku's fine, she's… umm… at the lobby or something,” he said, glad he got her quiet. He turned around and began walking. “You didn't make any turns, so we should only have to walk straight back. Jeez, you walked far, though…” Daisuke could hear Risa panting behind him.
“Ni-chan, y-you're walking so-“
Daisuke stopped and turned around. “Risa?” he asked. She was on the ground, holding her ankle.
“D-Dai-kun…” she whispered. “Waugh! M-my ankle! I tripped! Waugh!” Risa began to cry hysterically, causing Daisuke to panic.
`Dark! Hey Dark!' he called out. No answer. `Dammit! He's asleep,' he thought. “Risa!” he yelled over her hysterics. “Risa!” She stopped immediately. “It's too dark, so I'm gonna carry you so I can find a place to stay overnight.”
Risa's lip began to tremble.
“B-but my dress… I don't wanna stay outside overnight!” she yelled as she began to cry again.
`Ignore, Ignore, Ignore…' Daisuke thought as he picked her up and started to walk off. `Damn, I can't see,' he thought. “Hey Risa, what time does your watch say?” he asked.
Still sniffling she said, “Eight o'clock…”
Daisuke began to get more frantic now. He knew he wasn't on the right path anymore, but finding shelter was most important. “There!” he yelled, looking at a small cave-like thing. He rushed in and immediately put Risa down. `What should I do about her ankle?' he wondered as he saw her start to whine again. `She's sprained it, but…' Daisuke frowned in deep thought. Finally, as the thought came to him, he said, “Risa, I'm gonna go look for something that can splint your ankle.”
Risa shook her head. “No Dai-Dai, that's impossible. It's too dark and you have nothing to wrap it with.”
Daisuke paused. `Jeez, she might be right!' he thought miserably. “Oh! Risa, you're a genius!” he yelled. “I can use my shirt to wrap your ankle!”
Taking off his uniform shirt, Daisuke wrapped and tied Risa's ankle.
“Well, I guess it's good you were the only one to wear your school uniform today,” Risa said, “because you still have your undershirt!”
Daisuke nodded and looked at her watch. `It's almost eight-thirty,' he thought.
“I bet they're gonna start looking for us tomorrow,” Risa said softly.
`She actually sounds intelligent,' Daisuke thought as he listened to her.
“So how do you transform?” she asked.
“Feelings of love. But now I can kinda transform on my own, seeing as how I've done it so many times.”
`Hmm,' Risa thought. `This is really weird, talking to Daisuke like this… at school he's usually so klutzy and tactless, but to realize he's really like this…' Risa and Daisuke continued to ask each other questions, starting to understand each other more and more.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form