D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Before the Crystal Memory ❯ What Happened in the Cabin, pt. 2 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

X I'm not really all that pleased with the ending of Ch. 2. Yes I know it was a little short (Jasmine: Oh Courtney! Don't be so hard on yourself; me and Mr. Penguin thought it was great!). Amber's probably gonna yell at me `cause everything went a little fast. Have you heard that one song “Clincher” by Chevelle? If not then YOU ARE A FOOL! My Tsubasa (Jasmine: You still haven't gotten around to letting me borrow Tsubasa #2 yet…) fan-fic is at a halt, again. I need my SUM 41 CD for inspiration… sniff… someone's borrowing it! Anyway, enjoy the 4th (and probably last) chapter. X
Ch. 4: What happened in the cabin, Part 2
“Ew!” Risa shrieked as she saw a frog leap across her path. “Riiiiku!” she yelled for about the umpteenth time. `Hmph!' she thought. `I wish Daisuke… er, Dark were here! Then we could just fly and look for Riku!' She continued searching (very slowly) for Riku. “Oh, I give up!” she cried, sitting on a stump. She began to cry, cursing Riku for getting herself lost. She looked at her watch (which perfectly matched her dress, shoes, and hair ribbons), and it was already six-thirty. “Waugh!” she cried, “Riku, where are you!”
Riku sat on the couch in one of the recreation rooms with Ritsuko. “It's a good thing I found you!” She said. Riku frowned. “What do you mean, `found me'? I was just in the bathroom.” Her and Ritsuko had been talking for a while about Daisuke, but it wasn't really helping her feel better. “So are you two still friends?” Ritsuko asked. Riku paused. “I don't really know. He said he still liked me as a friend, but I could tell he liked someone else…” “Risa?” Ritsuko asked. “I don't really know… I shouldn't have gotten so upset.” “It's dinner time!” a cook called from the kitchen. “I think Risa went to go look for you, though,” Ritsuko said as they got up. “Naah,” Riku said teasingly, “she probably just went back to our cabin. I'll go get her.” `I don't really care where Risa is right now,' she thought as she left the lobby.
`I'm just looking for an excuse to talk to Daisuke.' She passed all the cabins, thinking of what she would say. `Hey yeah,' she thought. `I wonder where Satoshi is… I haven't seen him all day…' Riku approached the cabin and saw the lights were on. “Yes! Someone's there!” As she got closer to the cabin, she could hear yelling. `That's Daisuke's voice!' she realized as she stopped. Her heart began to race. `Oh, what'll I say? I'd better apologize for being so rash…Daisuke will forgive me.' Riku was walking again and she could hear someone else yelling back. `Uh-oh', she thought. `Is he in a fight?' Riku was now at the cabin door. She slowly opened it and gasped at what she saw.
Daisuke turned his head away from Satoshi. `Now do you see why I told you to leave?' Dark asked silently. `So the only way Satoshi can be rid of this `Krad' guy is for him to capture you?' Daisuke asked Dark. `We're the same person, Krad and I…but we'll both cease to exist if we're united.' Daisuke closed his eyes. `All this stuff about the Hikari and Niwa clans…it's too hard to follow.' “What does Dark have to say?” Satoshi asked. “He says I wasn't ready to hear all this stuff.”
There was an awkward pause. Finally, Satoshi just lay down on his bed, back to Daisuke. “I understand,” he said dryly, “you can go to the lobby and eat with Riku.” Daisuke frowned. “I broke up with Riku yesterday.” Another pause. “What a stupid thing to do,” Satoshi said blandly.
“Look, just `cause you can keep your feelings bottled up doesn't mean I can!” Daisuke yelled. `This is getting interesting,' Krad thought suspiciously. `Maybe the Crystal Memory can be of use…' “I love you, Satoshi!” Daisuke yelled again, with Satoshi showing no signs of interest. Sighing, Daisuke prepared to leave. “How…?” Satoshi asked as he sat up. “How can you say you love me when you know what situation we'd be in! My wanting to capture Dark is totally selfish!”
“Selfish but understandable, Satoshi! If I were in your situation I'd do the same thing!” “I know how close you are to Dark though! How could you even stand to look me in the eyes if he wasn't ever around anymore!” Daisuke opened his mouth to say something, but realized how much sense Satoshi was making.
`I don't know what to do…' Daisuke thought. Dark said nothing. `It would be good for you to just give up on this,' Krad said softly. Satoshi clenched his fists. “Go on, just leave, Daisuke-“ His eyes widened. Daisuke was pressed up against him, whispering. “Oh, I love you Satoshi, I really do, but… I don't want Dark to disappear…”
Satoshi sighed and wrapped his arms around Daisuke. ` I don't know what to do or how to act,' he thought. He wanted to be with Daisuke, to make him happy, but he had a lurking suspicion that it would all end badly. `I don't want him to be lonely on my account…' “It'll be fine…don't cry…” Daisuke, looking teary-eyed, looked up at Satoshi. He slowly shifted himself up and pressed his lips against Satoshi's. Satoshi shuddered and opened his mouth to Daisuke. `I'm gonna transform…' Daisuke thought vaguely as he felt Satoshi's tongue in his mouth. Satoshi slowly opened his eyes as Daisuke transformed. He broke the kiss and stepped back.
Dark averted his eyes. “Do you really love Daisuke?” he asked. Satoshi nodded. Dark pressed himself against Satoshi. “If you hurt him I'll kill you,'' he said as he kissed him. Satoshi's mind was swirling as Dark changed to Daisuke. `Why did Dark kiss me…? Why did I kiss him back?' he thought as he ran his fingers through Daisuke's hair. Suddenly the door opened and Riku was standing in the doorway, her eyes as wide as they could possibly be. “Augh!” Daisuke cried as he jumped off Satoshi. `It's a good thing I transformed back when I did, or else we'd have quite a situation on our hands!' Dark laughed. `What the hell do you mean!' Daisuke yelled back. `We still do have a situation on our hands!' “What were you…? Daisuke, you broke up with me for him!” she yelled, pointing at Satoshi.
`It's rude to point…' Satoshi thought distantly. “Uh, um, it's not what-“ “LOOK AT YOU!” she yelled. “YOU STILL HAVE A HARD-ON!” `Hmmm,' Satoshi thought. `He does.' Daisuke blushed and covered himself up, listening to Dark's laughter. “N-no, you don't understand, I'm going out with your sister!”
“WHAT!” Riku and Satoshi yelled in unison. `Uh-oh', Dark said as he faded away, not wanting to see the impending battle. “I am so out of here!” Riku hollered as she stormed through the door, not even bothering to shut it all the way. Satoshi turned his head and looked at Daisuke. “I'm only going out with her because she knows I'm Dark! I'm being blackmailed!” Satoshi narrowed his eyes. “Is that the truth?” “Yes that's the truth…” Daisuke said, hanging his head.
“Pfft…hahahahahahahahahhaha!” Satoshi laughed, shocking Daisuke(and Dark). `H-he's laughing…' Dark thought. `Well, he's human, I guess,' Daisuke reminded. `He just doesn't seem like the kind of person who'd be laughing at anything.' “Who'd be so careless to get themselves found out like that?” Satoshi continued, starting to embarrass Daisuke, thus provoking Dark's laughter.
“C'mon Satoshi, be serious!” Daisuke pleaded. He immediately stopped laughing and sat up on the bed. `Weird…' Dark thought. `Are you guys role-reversing or something? It seems like Satoshi should be telling you to be serious…' “What is Riku gonna do?” Daisuke asked Satoshi, as if he'd know the answer. “Even if she tells anyone, I doubt anyone will believe her. It just seems so outrageous.”
`But what about dinner!' Dark yelled, popping up out of nowhere. `It's past seven and I'm starving!' Daisuke's stomach growled. “Should we go to the lobby?” He asked. “You can,” Satoshi said, lying down again. “I'm going to sleep.” `It's too early!' Dark thought. `How can he sleep! Jeez, Daisuke, your love interest is boring!' `What're you talking about?' Daisuke snapped. `You like him too. Don't say you don't!' `Like hell I like him!' Dark yelled back. `Then why did you kiss him, Don Juan?' Daisuke responded smartly. `Uh…t-that wasn't what it seemed like! Riku! Riku is the one I like!' `Yeah, yeah,' Daisuke replied as he turned off the light and headed out the door towards the lobby. `Tell yourself whatever lies you need to…'
Top of Form
Bottom of Form