D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Embrace the Angel ❯ And So it Begins ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Embrace the Angel - Chapter Two ~ And So it Begins


~*~ Hoy there, small fry! Tis I Breetneh, the creator of this that you will shortly read. I just want to say that ANY, I mean ANY, little comment, little review or piece of advice will help me out here with the exception of flames. I never really finish anything, and I run out of ideas quickly, but I'm very determined to see this fiction through. Please keep me going, and be patient!! Yaoi will come soon enough, and hopefully another chapter! Please forgive this short chapter, I'd rather take it bit by bit and try to keep it narrowed down then big, hefty chapters. Once again I'm sorry, but you also get more of the story faster this way ^^; Thankyou and I hope you enjoy this X3 ~*~


And then he leaned in... My heart racing, my eyes closing. I wanted to think it was the rain clouding my vision, but I saw him lean in, a few inches from my lips. I don't know why I didn't pull away or flinch, I guess I kind of welcomed it, or was too surprised I want to say, maybe a little scared, even. Sometimes things never do change as we get older. I'm still the same I was twenty long years ago.Can you see in the darkness of heart?


I half expected him to grab my lips and plant his own within mine, yet he was close; very close. I could taste his breath and smell his cologne as if they were my own. His eyes fluttered slowly, staring back at me, "You always get so...nervous, Daisuke. You didn't hurt me...by what you said."

My face turned hot pink, burning like a furnace running underneath my skin. Satoshi... he was so close to me, and he remained there, only inches away. I shook my head, trying to form words upon my tongue, yet I was speechless. Too afraid to trust myself with words. He held my hand, slowly lifting it to his face. My fingers ran along his cheeks, I didn't understand what he was doing, maybe he was just delusional from the loss of his wife.

"You're hands are soft...Have you stopped painting?" Satoshi questioned me without leaving my eyes.

"I...don't have time... for painting... like I used to..." I managed to reply, barely any volume left in my voice, yet he heard me just fine as he let my hand slip away.

"That’s a pity...Our family has great history for...artwork.." Satoshi was starting to give me the creeps. His voice sounded so tranced and eerie, I'm not sure what effect Risa's death had on him, I'm not even sure if he's alright.

Satoshi saw the fear in my eyes, and alas, he pushed away, avoiding my stare. "I can't go back to that house, Daisuke. All I see is her in that house..." His hands ran together, colliding, finger aside finger.
"Satoshi... will you be alright...?" Those deep blue eyes glanced back at me from the drifting skies.

"I...don't know..." was his simple reply.

The funeral ended some hours later, I'm glad it did. I hate seeing so many people crying, so many sad people. Riku hasn't said much of anything to me all day. Satoshi and his son, Akito, are staying the night here after I insisted that he shouldn't be on the road so soon. It will be a while before the family puts itself back together. I wish there was something I could do, anything to help us through these rough times.

And Daisuke let the pencil fall, laying beside the small journal on top his desk. A sigh escaped his lips, a headache pounding inside Daisuke's head. His eyes rolled over, watching Satoshi lay asleep on the living room couch. The fire still dancing and hissing inside the nitch of the fireplace. Only that little light by the fire illuminating the room. I've never seen Satoshi sleep... so peaceful when he dreams...