D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Garnet and Ametheyst ❯ The Boy Who Overcame Time and the Kaitou Who Was Just Overcome ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
Garnet and Amethyst
 
Disclaimer: I do NOT own D.N.Angel or InuYasha
 
A/N: I just wanted to say that this fic occurs over the course of eight days… So I will be posting what day it is as to not confuse people. Now… Dai fell asleep by that tree Sunday afternoon, so it is STILL Sunday right now! Arigato!
 
Summary: Daisuke and Dark have their share of problems in the past year they've been a part of each other. What happens if one of them includes being stuck 500 years in the past? Crossover with InuYasha.
 
Warnings: This is a Dark x Dai and InuKag fic with some one-sided Satoshi x Dai and Riku x Dai. No likie the shonen-ai/yaoi/guy on guy-ness then I suggest that you not read. =3 No flamie! I warned you!
 
GUIDE:
“Talking”
Anyone thinking
`Dark/Krad thinking'
“Dark/Krad talking”
 
Chapter Two: The Boy Who Overcame Time and the Kaitou Who Was Just Overcome (a/n: Couldn't resist :3)
 
The blunette ( a/n: I love that descriptive word) read his book, uncaring about the yelling and squealing of his fellow classmates as they ran rampart through the hallways. He was currently working on his next plan to capture Dark.
 
`It will not work, Satoshi-sama. You must use my power. Let me go and I will capture Dark for you…' a voice with a slight accent told the Hikari in the gentlest voice he could muster.
 
“No, Krad,” Satoshi nearly growled. “Never.”
 
`It seems the little rodent is active…' the fallen angel mused.
 
“Hmmm?” he said, looking over to Niwa's bed.
 
Upon it was a twitching Wiz. Dark's familiar resembled a rabbit with a long fluffy tail and eyes as red as Niwa's. What Krad said was true. It seemed once the little fuzzball noticed he was being watching, the thing glanced over to Satoshi and wagged its tail. Wiz beamed at the boy, bounding off the bed to jump onto the tamer's lap. Said teen frowned. He was not happy at the interruption, to say the least.
 
With the cruelest glare he could muster, he hissed at the creature. “What do you want?”
 
“Kyuu! Kyuu! Kyuu!” was Wiz's reply, with a frantic plea in his tone.
 
`Seems it is worried, Satoshi-sama,' Krad smirked. `Shall I kill it for you? Its very annoying, after all. I'm sure that the Niwa and Dark would not mind… Too much.'
 
“Leave him alone,” the blunette frowned, about to put the thing away when he heard a high-pitched voice call his name.
 
“I'm sorry, Hiwatari,” Riku apologized at the doorway. “I was hoping that Niwa-kun would be back by now. We left the shrine a couple of hours ago and I haven't seen him. Do you know where he went?”
 
“No,” Satoshi replied. “He can take care of himself.”
 
“I know,” the brunette frowned. “But he left me all of the sudden! He just up and ran away!”
 
Inwardly, Satoshi was concerned, not that he dropped his cold exterior for a second. Niwa never `just up and ran away' someone without it being an emergency.
 
“How long did you say you left him?”
 
“About three hours ago,” the Harada twin answered. “Will you tell him to see me when he gets back?”
 
“Of course,” he stated as-a-matter-of-factly.
 
Satoshi was worried, ever so slightly. It was odd that Niwa wouldn't at least come back here after whatever pulled him away was taken care of. Surely Krad would've mentioned if something was amiss. He certainly didn't sense that anything was wrong, so why hadn't the red-head returned? Perhaps the furry little animal was worried as well? Could that be the reason for the twitchy-ness?
 
`Such concern, Satoshi-sama!' the white wing laughed in the back of the Hikari's mind. `You do, indeed, cherish the boy. I will have to kill him next time I come out.'
 
Leave Niwa alone! He hissed.
 
Satoshi looked at the little creature. “Do you want me to go out and fine Niwa?”
 
“Kyuuuuuu!” the rabbit squeaked and pounced on the teens face.
 
With a smothered growl, the Hikari pulled the critter off of his face and took one of Niwa's shirts from the dresser. He held the garment in front of the familiar's nose. It looked at him indignantly, as if to ask `what do I look like, a mutt?'
 
“If you want to see Niwa and your master again, I would highly suggest that you reason with me, fur ball.”
 
With that, Wiz hurriedly sniffed the shirt and squeaked, darting out the door. Satoshi swiped his jacket and followed after the white rabbit. Krad, on the other hand, couldn't help but poke fun at this. `Following the white rabbit to your Alice are we, Satoshi-sama?'
 
“Shove it, Krad.”
 
PAGE BREAK
 
A half-demon sniffed the boy out. His group had spotted this little red-head by the Sacred Tree on the way back to Kaede's village. They just recently received Koga's shards, completing their half of the Skikon Jewel. Now all that remained was in Naraku's possession. It had been a long struggle with the evil hanyou, one that had lasted nearly two years. His side was getting tired of it. More importantly, Kagome was getting tired of it.
 
In fact, it was the same girl that had actually saw the red montionless blur at the tree's base. Immediately she told everyone that he was in trouble and needed their help. As reluctant as the half inuyoukai was, he was `sitted' enough times already to know that the priestess would not hesitate to use her weapon if he refused. So, their band of six, counting Kirara, made their way over.
 
Now he was staring at the kid. He looked no older than Inuyahsa did, being that the hanyou himself didn't look beyond fourteen or fifteen. The red-head wore clothes similar to those he saw whenever he passed into the well to get Kagome from her time, five hundred years in the future.
 
Kagome scowled. “Don't be so rude, Inuyasha!”
 
“I'm sure that the boy would be very frightened if he awoke to your face,” the perverted Miroku smirked.
 
“Is he okay, Kagome?” the little fox youkai, Shippo, asked from his perch on Kagome's shoulder.
 
The dark-haired girl smiled. “Yes, he is fine. But I think we should take him back to Kaede's hut and see how he got here.”
 
“His clothes are from your time, aren't they, Kagome?” the demon hunter, Sango asked with Kirara in her arms.
 
“Obviously,” Inuyasha huffed, squatting in front of the sleeping form in question.
 
“Are you actually offering to help, Inuyasha?” the monk mocked surprise. “That's terribly kind of you!”
 
“Shut up you pervert!” the silver-haired hanyou growled, adjusting the red-head he was giving a piggy-back to. “I'm doing this so we can hurry and get to the old woman's house!”
 
Kagome giggled and shook her head. She knew Inuyasha far better than that. He glared at her then at the rest of his party. “What the hell are you waiting for? Let's go!”
 
When they arrived, the old priestess, Kaede, greeted them warmly. Setting the boy inside and drapping a blanket over him, she turned to the team. “What brings this one here, Kagome?”
 
“We're hoping he'll answer that for us when he wakes up,” Inuyasha snorted. “But it's not anything that affects us, so why do we have to bother?”
 
“Inuyasha!” Kagome growled. “OSWARI!”
 
A loud thud could be heard as the hanyou crashed into the wooden floor. He was about to yell at the wench for actually sitting him when his ears picked up the boy's heartbeat. It was quickening, meaning he was about to awake…
 
PAGE BREAK
 
Dark was about to take control when he heard footsteps in the distance. The tree had taken its toll alright. For starters, he didn't know WHEN he and his tamer were, let alone where they were. He knew that the tree had pulled them into another time, but it could've been the past or the future. The kaitou was worried about why the thing had chosen Daisuke as the one it'd use. It isn't everyday that a legendary tree just so happens to want your tamer for some unknown cause. The thing had even gone so far as to put a sleeping spell over the red-head to make sure he didn't leave during the process.
 
When the one with silver hair and dog ears sniffed Dai, Dark's first thought was to kill him. No one should get to breathe in his tamer's scent when he, of all people, couldn't. The second thought was joyfulness when the girl with dark hair and lighter colored eyes rebuked the hanyou. His third thought was back to malice thinking as the very hanyou hoisted Dai up onto his shoulders.
 
Why am I getting so worked up about this? Dai-chan isn't mine… He can never be…
 
The kaitou sighed deeply. `Daisuke! Daisuke! It's time to wake up, sleepy-head!'
 
Go away, Dark… Sleepy time…
 
`No, it's not. You need to wake up,' Dark mentally nudged the boy.
 
It wasn't until a crashing sound hit “their” ears that Dai was urged to wake up. “Hmmm?”
 
The red-head opened his eyes, only to meet about seven other pairs staring directly into his. Immediately his thoughts raced. He was panicking.
 
What's going on? Where am I? What happened? Dark? DARK!?
 
`Shhh, Daisuke,