D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Garnet and Ametheyst ❯ Aid ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
Garnet and Amethyst
 
Disclaimer: I do NOT own D.N.Angel or InuYasha
 
Summary: Daisuke and Dark have their share of problems in the past year they've been a part of each other. What happens if one of them includes being stuck 500 years in the past? Crossover with InuYasha.
 
Warnings: This is a Dark/Dai and InuKag fic with some one-sided Satoshi/Dai and Riku/Dai and I just noticed that there is some slight one-sided Krad/Satoshi. No likie the shonen-ai/yaoi/guy on guy-ness then I suggest that you not read. No flamie! I warned you!
 
GUIDE:
“Talking”
Anyone thinking
`Dark/Krad thinking'
“Dark/Krad talking”
 
Chapter Eight: Aid
 
Wednesday Afternoon to Thursday Morning
 
Satoshi's were still locked on the demon lord's. He had just finished explaining just about everything to Sesshomaru (all except for Krad and Dark, since the teen really didn't feel like discussing it nor had the taiyoukai brought that up). He decided to stop at this little clearing in the forest. The little girl, Rin, wanted to stop and pick a few flowers. It surprised the Hikari that this demon lord, to which it was obvious he hated humans from his actions towards Satoshi earlier, would care about the whims of a little girl. Satoshi would've smirked at the great demon, but he did owe him for not killing him after he had regained control of his body.
 
“Why is this other human so important?” Sesshomaru inquired from his spot against a tree.
 
`That's what I've been ask him for the past year and he has still yet to answer me!' Krad snorted.
 
Hiwatari ignored his other self and wasn't about to explain THAT to Sesshomaru. “I cannot get rid of my curse until I capture Niwa's curse.”
 
“That one with the blonde hair…” the inu youkai stated.
 
“Yes,” Satoshi continued, “my family and Niwa's family inherited a gene that allows our bodies to host two beings; Krad is my curse and Dark is Niwa's.”
 
“Does this… Dark act the same?” he asked.
 
`Very curious dog, isn't he?'
 
Shut up…
 
“I am not sure how Niwa's curse works, but dark does not force his control.”
 
“You care for this Niwa.” He stated.
 
Satoshi frowned. “I don't think…”
 
“You do,” Sesshomaru said in a bored tone, “and this Sesshomaru could care less. We are not alone.”
 
`He's smarter than he appears,' the fallen angel mused. `I was wondering when he was finally going to say something.'
 
What are you talking about?
 
`Someone has been following us for the past few hours, Satoshi-sama.'
 
“Who is it?” he asked out loud.
 
“Kagura,” Sesshomaru stated.
 
“So now you notice me?” a low note feminine voice chuckled.
 
Satoshi looked in the direction of the voice. Dropping down from the branches was a woman, or so she appeared but the teen had his doubts, judging by her tapered ears. She had dark hair pulled back into a bun with three feathers sticking out of the tie. Her eyes were a red color without any pupils and she wore a two-toned yukata with a fan in her right hand. Kagura raised her fan to her dark crimsons lips. “I'm pleased, Sesshomaru-sama.”
 
“What do you want?” the taiyoukai said in a cold tone.
 
“Well,” she smiled, “I was here to see you, but after hearing your little chat I want to make a deal with this boy.”
 
PAGEBREAK
 
Wiz pressed himself against a wall outside the hotel. He was breathing hard and panicked. The little familiar had been trying to avoid everyone in the last few hours. His little run-in with Saga was enough to make anyone try to avoid all human contact. The rabbit finaly understood why Daisuke got all freaked out every time the blonde (a/n: Saga is blonde, right? I mean, he never was in the anime…) was around. The guy didn't know how to control his teenage hormones!
 
The only reason he had managed to get away was because Saga actually let him go…
 
FLASHBACK
 
Wiz looked up to see if anyone was coming his way and sighed in relief when he saw no one. He took one step out the door only to be glomped. “It's Niwa-kun!!”
 
“Saga…” Wiz whined.
 
“Hmmm?” the blonde looked at the Daisuke look-alike. “What's wrong with you today, Niwa-kun?”
 
“Wh-what do you mean?” Wiz asked nervously, thanking the gods that Daisuke had taken the time to teach him how to speak.
 
“You aren't yourself today,” Saga frowned, helping the familiar up. “Are you alright?”
 
Wiz had forgotten that Saga had a sixth sense when it came to Daisuke. Somehow that guy just knew who Daisuke was and who was just an imitation. Wiz also thought that Saga might know that Dark and Daisuke were one in the same. Yet, it was also the blonde that brought Riku and Daisuke together in the first place. The bunny sighed. “I don't think I understand…”
 
“I knew it!” Saga beamed. “You are ill! Let me take you to your room!”
 
Before Wiz knew it, the elder teen was holding him bridal style and demanding the receptionist give him a spare key to get into the room. Then Saga had placed the rabbit into the bed and winked at him. “Tell Dai-chan, whoever you are, that I am will be waiting for him.”
 
END FLASHBACK
 
Wiz laughed nervously at the memory. Daisuke sure had his hands full. Of course, it wasn't too long afterwards that Risa and Riku had come knocking. That's how he ended up here, against an alley wall. He silently hoped that no one saw him come out here. As the fates would have it, nothing ever did go his way.
 
“Daisuke?” Riku asked. “Why are you avoiding me?”
 
PAGEBREAK
 
 
“Why should I make a deal with you?” the tamer frowned, not liking the smile the incarnation wore.
 
“Why? I just so happen to know where your little love interest is being kept,” Kagura replied smugly.
 
`Clever little witch!' Krad smirked in the corner of Satoshi's mind. `I think I like this one, Satoshi-sama.'
 
SHUT UP! Why aren't you asleep like you usually are? “He is with Kagome-senpai.”
 
“That's where you are wrong. Naraku captured the brat last night and took him away,” she said.
 
`I'm hurt, Satoshi-sama! You do not want me around? Honestly… I am not sure but I feel recharged. Must be all that spiritual energy from this era.'
 
Damn that Dark! He let Niwa be captured?
 
`Now that is interesting…'
 
“Where is he, witch?” Satoshi growled.
 
“He's in Naraku's castle. Do you want to get the little red-head back?”
 
“That's why I came. What do you want?” he glared.
 
“Her heart,” the taiyoukai sniffed.
 
“Heart?”
 
“Naraku holds my heart,” Kagura frowned. “I will tell you where the castle is if you bring me my heart.”
 
“Fine…” the Hikari said. “Now where is this castle?”
 
“It's a deal then,” she smiled mischievously. “You can find Naraku's castle a day's journey to the northwest. Good luck.”
 
Kagura left with a movement from her hair to the sky. Satoshi looked at Towa and got up. She transformed back into her bird-like appearance and situated herself upon Hiwatari's head. He turned and began to walk in the direction given by the wind witch. The two left the taiyoukai and his tachi behind, feeling there was no time to waste. Why Daisuke would be there and why that Naraku wanted him, he did not know. He didn't care to ask either. All Satoshi cared about was getting Niwa back to their own time.
 
It felt like an hour before he came face to face with the same taiyoukai as before.
 
`What's he doing here, Satoshi-sama?' Krad asked irritated.
 
“I thought you hated humans. So why are you here?”
 
“I am going not because this Sesshomaru is concerned, but only because there is some unfinished business with that hanyou,” the stoic lord replied curtly and called for Ah-Un.
 
Rin was seated on the two-headed dragon. “C'mon, niisan! It will be faster if you get on!”
 
`Such a cute girl…' Satoshi's other half mused. `Can I kill her?'
 
No… The Hikari smiled at the girl as began to walk to the dragon.
 
PAGBREAK
 
“You are just going to let him go, my lord?” Rin asked the inu youkai after the teenager left.
 
“Of course he is going to Rin!” the toad scolded. “Sesshomaru-sama wouldn't degrade himself to go after that boy! He's human!”
 
“But it's going to be dangerous! He could get hurt!” the little girl cried, tears starting to come down her cheeks.
 
Sesshomaru inwardly sighed. It amazed him that he put up with the two arguing all the time. Of course it was dangerous. Naraku would tear into the blue-haired human. The inu youkai was curious as to why the evil hanyou wanted another teen like the human he has just encountered. There was nothing special about those two humans, beyond the fact they housed another soul within their own. Yet, it was special. The taiyoukai had never heard about it before. To house another soul and be able to harness their magical abilities was no small task; it required quite a bit of energy to do that. Perhaps he ought to help the teen?
 
“Sesshomaru-sama saved Rin from Naraku when she was taken!” his charged yelled.
 
“And I do not know why!” Jaken yelled back.
 
The taiyoukai inwardly growled at the memory. No one touched his property without his permission and go unpunished. Yet, Naraku never was able to receive his inner inu's wrath at the incident. Sesshomaru cringed at the thought then suppressed a smiled as he found his excuse. “Jaken…”
 
“Yes, m'lord?” he squawked.
 
“Go and tell my idiot half-brother,” Sesshomaru said.
 
“But why?”
 
That was something the taiyoukai couldn't respond to. Perhaps it was the fact that his half-brother was on a quest to avenge. He knew the story very well by now and he was amused that the hanyou would do something honorable. Whatever the reason, he sure didn't need to explain himself to the toad. Sesshomaru kicked Jaken in the head. “Go.”
 
“Right away Sesshomaru-sama!” he croaked, running off.
 
“Let's go…” was all he said to the dragon and the girl and took off after the boy's scent.
 
It only took about fifteen minutes to reach the boy at his pace. No doubt he would be curious as to know why.
 
“I thought you hated humans. So why are you here?” he asked, irritated. Sesshomaru guessed it was the boy's other half speaking to him mentally. The demon lord had noticed the same look on the boy's face ever-so-often.
 
“I am going not because this Sesshomaru is concerned, but only because there is some unfinished business with that hanyou,” the stoic lord replied curtly and called for Ah-Un.
 
PAGEBREAK
 
It was now that the sun was starting to fall in the sky. Reds were bleeding into an orange and violet was starting to spread over the sky like a blanket with little pinpricks of light. They had been walking all day with no breaks. Dark didn't mind so much since he wanted to find Daisuke. He was still undecided about what to do. The entire day he had spent in trying to figure if he should just swipe the Shikon. Dark doubted it, since he had grown accustomed to their presence already. The kaitou knew what they were trying to prevent was what Naraku wanted him to do. How could he just do that and then walk away? What would Dai think of him for doing that?
 
Instead, he shrugged off those thoughts. He needed to get rid of the stress for the moment. That meant it was time to stir up some trouble with a certain silver-haired, dog-eared hanyou.
 
“This is so boring!” Dark shouted.
 
“Well excuse me if traveling isn't the most interesting thing in the world,” snorted Inuyasha from his position in the front.
 
“Shut up, mutt face,” the kaitou smirked, wanting a reaction.
 
“What was that!?” the hanyou stopped in his tracks and was in the teen's face the next second.
 
“Here we go again,” Shippo said from Kagome's shoulder. “Dark-san is just as bad as Koga.”
 
“Only Dark-san is not in love with Kagome,” the monk smiled. “He says these things out of boredom.
 
“And I'm thankful that is the only reason!” Kagome smiled.
 
“Aren't you worried that Inuyasha will lose his temper though?” Sango asked.
 
Kagome shook her head as the shouts and profanities increased. “Not really. I think they both are getting restless. I'm sure if they were to get in a fight it would be good for the both of them.”
 
“How can you say that!” the demon hunter exclaimed.
 
“Easy,” Mirokou and Kagome said at the same time.
 
The girl from the future smiled. “Shouldn't we stop and eat though? I'm getting kind of hungry.”
 
“Why the hell do we need to stop!?” the hanyou hissed, turning his attention away from the taunting kaitou. “We need to keep going!”
 
“Exactly!” Dark frowned.
 
All of the remaining tachi stopped in their tracks. They stared at the red-clad hanyou and the violet-haired thief. Dark shifted uncomfortably under their gaze and Inuyasha's temper began to rise even more, if it was possible. He finally caved. “What the hell are you all staring at!?”
 
“You two stopped fighting…” the monk said, eyes wide.
 
“We don't argue all the time,” the kaitou crossed his arms in annoyance.
 
“Yeah,” Kagome said, “but you two agreed on something.”
 
Inuyasha and Dark glanced at each other. They glared at the person across from them and then glared at the rest of the tachi. Inuyasha snorted. “Like that's so hard to believe?”
 
“Yeah… Even I can agree with an idiot when it comes down to important things,” Dark added. Like getting Dai back and safe… We can't stop until he's away from that evil bastard.
 
“It's just kind of nice,” Kagome grinned, pulling some food out of her bag. “But we do need to stop, Inuyasha.
 
“Feh…” the hanyou snorted again. “Whatever. Oi! Do you have that stuff?”
 
“Ramen?”
 
“I don't know… That stuff with the water!”
 
“That's ramen!” Kagome yelled. “How many times do I have to repeat myself? I tell you every time!”
 
“Don't be too hard on him,” Dark smirked, sitting down along the path they were on. “He can't help it that he's too stupid to remember.”
 
“Look! Do you have it or not!?” Inuyasha growled.
 
“As a matter of fact, I do,” she frowned, pulling out the package from her bag. “But I don't know if you deserve any!”
 
Dark pulled himself out of the conversation. It didn't matter to him at all. He still hadn't told them about Naraku's deal. The kaitou had decided not to do it. It wasn't right and Daisuke wouldn't have wanted Dark to do something like that. From how this tachi talked, if the evil hanyou did get his hands on the full jewel, he could become very powerful. Dai wouldn't have wanted him to be the cause of something so evil descending upon the world. But how could he get his tamer back without having to agree? I have to tell them. They would help me somehow, wouldn't they?
 
“Are you all right, Dark-san?” the monk asked.
 
“I'm fine. But there's something that I need to tell you all about this morning…”
 
“What is it?” Sango said, concerned.
 
The kaitou took a deep breath. He than began to explain what exactly had occurred with Naraku. However, before he could say anything, a screaming from the forest on the path ahead of them. All the tachi looked up to see a green toad heading their way.
 
“Why is Jaken running this way?” Inuyasha huffed, mouth full of ramen.
 
PAGEBREAK
 
Daisuke was all curled up into a ball on the bed-like matt. So many things were in his passing thoughts. He didn't want to believe Naraku, but how could he not? Naraku showed him. The hanyou had proof. How can you deny it when it was right there in front of your own eyes? Dai's heart sank. He just didn't want to accept it. That was the crashing final thought. His heart was now clouded and dark. It's true. All of it… I don't want to be weak anymore.
 
He sat up and looked at the doorway. Naraku was there, leaning against the frame. “I heard you call out to me.”
 
Dai titled his head. Had he really called out to him? The hanyou chuckled. “Not verbally, Dai-chan. You were calling out for help in your heart. And as you can see, I am here and who is not?”
 
“You're right…” Daisuke answered. “I wanted help. I don't want to be weak anymore. Can you help me?”
 
“Of course I can.”
 
“What do you want in return?” he asked.
 
“I am hurt. You believe that I would require something in return for your aid?” Naraku chuckled.
 
“Don't you?”
 
The evil hanyou smiled and seated himself in front of the red-haired teen. He pulled a pink shard with a dark hue from his sleeve. “And you won't be anymore. This will give you the strength to protect yourself. You will not need to rely on the kaitou any longer.”
 
Daisuke took it between his fingers. “What is this?”
 
“It matters not,” Naraku reassured the teen and lifted the shard from Dai's fingers. “This will hurt. Try to be still.”
 
The half breed took the shard and pulled back the teen's sleeve, exposing the flesh on his arm. Being as gentle as he could, he placed the shard on the arm, pressing it in. Dai yelped from the pain that shot up though his arm in electric shocks. To his surprise, there was no blood as it sank deeper and deeper into him. He felt his confusion, pain, and sorrow melt away. Daisuke could also feel the hum of magical energy the shard. The red-head looked back up to Naraku. “It is done. Now how do you feel, Dai-chan?”
 
“Better than I have in a long time,” he responded truthfully. “But you don't want anything?”
 
“Very good,” the hanyou smiled, grasping the teen's chin with his fingers. “Nothing but loyalty. As long as you are, you can depend upon me.”
 
“Th-thank you,” Daisuke smiled a real smile for the first time in what felt like months.
 
“You are welcome,” he said, pulling the teen's body close to his own. “And nothing shall harm that which belongs to me.”
 
The hanyou closed the distance between their faces and forced his mouth on the younger male's. Daisuke yelped in surprise, but didn't back away. He wasn't going to either; he was more than willing at this point to receive what the hanyou had to offer. The teen still loved Dark, but this half breed had actually shown that he cared and was willing to help him and even had given him the strength to protect himself. That was more than anyone else had done for him, save his father, Kosuke.
 
Dai opened his mouth slightly when the hanyou gently bit the boy's bottom lip. Naraku quickly slid his tongue into the red-head's mouth. His hand moved from Daisuke's chin to the small of his back, stroking gently. The tongue in his mouth traced every line perfectly before retreating and licked the teen's lips; Naraku's kisses becoming more passionate. Dai could barely move from being pinned there like that, but managed to snake an arm around the hanyou's neck and the other fingered the long wavy black hair. It was surprisingly smooth and soft as he touched it. Naraku smirked against the teen's lips, taking it as a sign to go further. The hand on his back fiddled with the lining on Daisuke's shirt, Naraku pulling away from his lips and attacking his neck. The boy's breathe hitched while the hanyou smirked yet again, running his hand up Dai's shirt and the other hand's fingers started to toy with the edge of his jeans. The red-head clutched naraku's hair out of reflex moaned quietly.
 
Naraku suddenly chuckled, his breath hot on Dai's neck. “It would seem that we have company.”
 
“Who?”
 
“Two believe they are here to rescue you and the other has some unwanted business with me…”
 
“Nara…”
 
“Go to them,” he instructed, placing one last chaste kiss upon those lips before pulling away from the boy. “They will take you back to the kaitou, more than likely. Bring the tachi to me, Dai-chan.”
 
“Sure,” Daisuke replied, walking to the doorway, now able to pass through the barrier.
 
“Dai-chan.”
 
“Yes?”
 
“Make sure that it doesn't appear that I let you go, hmmm? Wouldn't want anyone to get suspicious, now would we?”
 
Dai smiled. “Of course not!”
 
Naraku chuckled as the boy left and he made his way to greet his visitors. “That's my good pet.”