D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Garnet and Ametheyst ❯ It Breaks So Easily ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
Garnet and Amethyst
 
Disclaimer: I do NOT own D.N.Angel or InuYasha
 
Summary: Daisuke and Dark have their share of problems in the past year they've been a part of each other. What happens if one of them includes being stuck 500 years in the past? Crossover with InuYasha.
 
Warnings: This is a Dark/Dai and InuKag fic with some one-sided Satoshi/Dai and Riku/Dai and I just noticed that there is some slight one-sided Krad/Satoshi. No likie the shonen-ai/yaoi/guy on guy-ness then I suggest that you not read. No flamie! I warned you! There's quite a bit of language in this chapter as well!
 
GUIDE:
“Talking”
Anyone thinking
`Dark/Krad thinking to Daisuke/Satoshi'
“Dark/Krad talking”
 
 
Last time…
 
“I d-don't care… Anymore…” he muttered, his eyes flickering to stay open and alert but obviously failing. “J-just so y-you know… I… L-love you too… Dark.”
 
The boy collapsed unconscious into the kaitou. Dark frantically shook him, almost violently. He was desperate. Daisuke, HIS Daisuke, couldn't die. Not here… Not now… Not after just telling him he loved him too, damn it! “DAISUKE!!”
 
Chapter Twelve: It Breaks So Easily
 
Everything around the kaitou slowed. The battle ensued, but he barely registered anything that was happening. Inuyasha trying to hack away at Naraku seemed so distant, even if it was right next to him. Kaogme touching his shoulder trying to rouse him and get away didn't feel real at all. Nothing could be as alarming as this was. Dark believed that he wasn't breathing for a while. When did he start breathing again? Was it when he reached down and felt Daisuke's faint, but existing pulse? He didn't know, nor did he care. All that mattered to him now was the little red-head bleeding in his arms. He snapped, chanting a mantra for a healing spell. It would close the wound, there was no doubt about that, but it wouldn't guarantee that the boy would live. Dark concentrated on the gash and kept his gaze fixed on the damage. Slowly, the cut sealed itself and would probably leave a pearly white scar. This was all he could do for his former tamer. Daisuke would have to live with it for the rest of his life and that bothered the kaitou greatly, but at the very least, Dark had given the younger teen some time until they got somewhere that could take care of the wound properly. He still might not make it due to the blood loss. It was all up to Daisuke. “Stay with me, please…”
 
Dark carried him from the raging warfare that was going on. Most of the buildings had been destroyed and there were giant ruts in the ground from Inuyasha's Wind Scar and Sesshomaru's Tokijin. There were also craters in the ground from arrows and Naraku's attacks. Dark ignored all of this and spread his senses, searching for the little kitsune. Noting Shippo's location, hidden from the rest of the gruesome fight with a certain evil hanyou, he flew to the spot he had hidden their fallen comrades who were now just coming too. The violet eyed teen gave him to their care, not answering the questioning looks. He glared at demon hunter and the monk. “Do not let him die.”
 
With that he returned for the fallen Hikari, now back to Satoshi. Now, even though he did not want to save the police commander, he knew that Dai would never forgive him if he didn't. Picking up the boy and throwing him without care over his shoulder, he took off and placed the other teen next to his garnet eyed affection. Grunting from frustration, he turned to face the battle. This guy was going to pay and pay dearly for doing this to them all. He had never met someone so evil before and it made Krad look like a little bird. Naraku had the audacity to manipulate Dai and then throw him away as if he were nothing. It sent Dark over the edge and he made a straight flight attack right at the evil hanyou.
 
“He's not going to get away with this!” He seethed.
 
Naraku glanced up and saw his would-be attacker in the air. He smirked. “Are we upset, kaitou?”
 
“How dare you use someone like that!?”
 
“The heart is a fragile thing indeed, my dear kaitou. It can so easily be turned to the darkness with just a single seed of doubt. I only planted the seed; the rest was carrying out by him. Tsk tsk. You have but yourself to blame for causing his insecurity.”
 
“Would you stop yapping?” Inuyasha barked. “I'm your opponent! Wind Scar!”
 
The blazing yellow beams didn't even make a cut. Naraku had created a new type of barrier. Dark wasn't sure how well one of his binding spells would work and how long he would be able to hold it up… Yet, he really didn't need that long as long as they would be able to cover after he was done. He glanced at Kagome, trying to indicate for her to be ready. She met his gaze and nodded. Dark caught Sesshomaru's eye. The taiyoukai's eyes and glowing fingertips told him that the gesture was understood. Inuyasha, however, didn't get the hint. Yet, that was all right; the kaitou never expected for the inu hanyou to listen in the first place. He was far too ignorant and arrogant to listen and that was perfect for this. Said idiot raised the fang again, obviously not learning from his previous endeavor that his attack would not have any effect whatsoever. “Wind Scar!”
 
Naraku didn't even bat an eye. He chuckled, completely unharmed. Kagome took this moment to fire her arrow. Sesshomaru lunged from his spot forward toward that evil hanyou, whip ready to strike. Naraku dodged the first with a smirk and then Sesshomaru's green poison ship scratched along the surface of his clothing. He didn't even realize until it was too late that it was all a distraction. Black feathers locked around his arms and legs, tightening their grasp on him and held him fast midair. Dark took the moment to soar over to the struggling villain. The bondage would break at any second. With a single swipe that only a phantom thief could manage, he grasped the Shikon away from the dark-haired hanyou.
 
Dark tossed the gem down to Kagome just as the black feathers dissolved into nothingness, the spell broken. Naraku hissed and hurled forward to grab at the jewel, but as he fell, a fist connected with his stomach. Then he was thrown to the ground as the girl from the future caught the completed Shikon, purifying the evil gem instantly. Dark wasn't done with him though, and walked very calmly on the outside, fury raging on the inside toward the grounded hanyou. Naraku, in desperation, attempted to use his miasma to flee, but was stopped by another punch to the face. It was followed by two others, walking hand-in-hand by two kicks in the stomach and then a well placed kick upside the head. He sputtered blood and cursed aloud. It was then that Dark pulled himself from his vicious blows only to start in once again.
 
“Don't.”
 
Punch.
 
“Ever.”
 
Punch punch.
 
“Touch.”
 
Kick. Punch.
 
“My.”
 
Kick.
 
“Dai-chan.”
 
Very hard punch.
 
“Again!”
 
Dark stopped and glared at the beaten form below him. His fists were a bloody mess but he could care less. That bind had drained the evil hanyou so that he couldn't escape. Dark had wanted to torture the being, but couldn't quite bring himself to do it. Instead, he grabbed Naraku by his hair and glared at his face, eye to eye. “It is not my place to kill you…”
 
The kaitou tossed Naraku aside and backed away. Sesshomaru sniffed and Inuyasha growled. “Looks like this is the end for you, Naraku.”
 
The taiyoukai took out Tokijin once again and Inuyasha readied Tetsaiga. Brothers combined the power of the respected fangs and joined their attacks, target now without a way to rejuvenate. Kagome released a single arrow, giving it all she had. The three powers swirled together and unleashed themselves upon contact with their common enemy. Naraku hissed and yelled from the pain, dust flew up into the darkened skies, obscuring the view. Dark paid no heed to what became of Naraku. There would be no body after that attack, or so he hoped. Instead, he found himself at Daisuke's side. Sango, Shippo, and Mirokou ran to the rest of their tachi, all smiles.
 
He squatted besides Dai, ruffling the crimson locks. Kagome knelt down by him, not participating in the celebration. “We need to get him to Kaede. Fast.”
 
“The village is days away…”
 
“Then it would be wise to get moving, would it not?” the stoic lord commented as he walked gracefully away from them, now satisfied. He was heading back to his ward and vassal.
 
Both teens agreed. Kagome called over her friends angrily. Apparently they had forgotten all about the injured. The girl looked over Satoshi's injury. Krad had taken no time in healing his tamer. Seems no matter how much the blonde would deny it, he cared for the young Hikari and always saved some magic to heal. Perhaps that was the reason why the boy's skin was so flawless. Krad was vain in that respect, in Dark's opinion. He sighed and picked Daisuke up in his arms, hoping that he would not reopen the wound.
 
Kirara transformed and Kagome moved the blunette up to the demon cat's back. Sango and Mirokou climbed on as well, holding the unconscious boy in place. The cat took to the sky, sprinting on flames. Dark followed her, not really knowing what direction they had to go in. Shippo hooked onto Kagome's shoulder while she hiked onto Inuyasha's back. The hanyou ran at a breakneck pace to keep up with the cat and kaitou in the skies. Excited as they were, medical attention was needed.
 
PAGEBREAK
 
Friday Afternoon
 
Kaede caught sight of them all. The old woman was pleased to see that everyone was well. It meant good news. She was brought out of her bliss when she saw Dark holding onto the red-headed boy very carefully and a battered tachi. She had no idea who this man was with huge black wings holding Daisuke, but the boy was injured and that worried her. Kaede would worry about that later. The kaitou looked at her with pleading eyes. Immediately she gestured for him to hurry and bring the boy inside. Kaede brought out all of her ointments and medicinal herbs, noting that the wound was open again. “Go out and fetch me some water!”
 
Dark obeyed, grabbing the wooden bucket and running to the nearby river. Kagome was digging through her huge yellow bag as he returned, hovering over the old woman. The priestess growled as she deftly cleaned the injury. “I cannot do this task with the presence of ye all around me. I know that ye are worried, but give me some space and air. Go out side now and have Kagome take care of the rest.”
 
He hung his head and exited the little hut and watched the reincarnation work on Inuyasha's injuries. Mirokou was concentrated on Sango's wrist. “It must be set, my dear Sango.”
 
“I can do it myself, you pervert!” she hissed back at him, everyone winced at the crack when the bone was back in its correct place.
 
The monk took the depressors (a/n: that is what they are called, right?) and placed them against the hunter's wrist before wrapping it up. They had set Satoshi inside the hut, allowing him to speak. Dark was nervous and scared. He had never experienced these feelings before. It was beginning to frighten him and that was so not cool in his opinion. A phantom thief was always supposed to be suave and collected. Right now he was a jumbling little bunch of nerves.
 
Moments later Kaede came out. Dark nearly pounced on the woman, but she gave a death glare. “The boy is in a serious condition. He has lost a considerable amount of blood. It is hard to tell at this time if he will make it.”
 
“Is he awake?” Kagome asked, concerned.
 
“He is not. I believe ye call it a coma?” she answered. “What happened?”
 
Everyone looked at Dark. He just shook his head and walked into the hut, wanting nothing but to be near his former other half. Kaede looked expectantly at the rest of the tachi. Sango and Mirokou shrugged. “We were out during the fight with Naraku.”
 
“Ye fought Naraku?”
 
“How the hell else do ya explain all our injuries?” Inuyasha huffed.
 
“Inuyasha!” Kagome chided. “Well… Kagura showed up, and Dark-san and Daisuke were split and…”
 
“So that is Dark-san?”
 
“Yes,” the girl said, continuing. “Daisuke was kidnapped and taken away by Naraku, apparently he was being manipulated by the pedophile with a tainted jewel. He betrayed us, giving my half to him.”
 
“And after that we had a helluva time trying to even put a scratch on that bastard!” Inuyasha commented.
 
“Oh?”
 
All of them cast a glare at Inuyasha. Kagome tried to sum it up the best that she could. “Naraku got Daisuke's shard, Dark-san was about to be attacked, but Dai got in the way. Dark-san also got the Shikon back to us and…”
 
“He beat the shit out of him!” the hanyou smirked, he enjoyed that little bit. “Then Sesshomaru, Kagome, and I all beat him together. That's the end of that, I guess.”
 
“I guess that means that you are going to be leaving us, Kagome?” Sango asked. “The Shikon is complete and Naraku is no more…”
 
Everyone was silent. It was a subject they all knew had to be touched, but no one wanted the girl that had invaded their lives so to leave. They had grown so close over the years and every one of them knew that once she left, it would not be the same. She was the one that held them all together. Without her, they'd all go their separate ways. The one that would be most affected by the situation would be Inuyasha. He loved her deeply, not matter how many times they fought and bickered to the point of physical harm to their vocal chords. It would rip his heart out to have another that he loved leave him. Kaede thought of the girl as one of her family, not as Kikyo, but as Kagome. Shippo would lose something similar to a mother. Sango and Mirokou felt as thought their sister would be lost forever to the ocean that is time. All wanted Kagome to stay.
 
Said girl smiled. “We still have to find your brother, Sango!”
 
“He's gone, Kagome…” Sango said, a tad bleary eyed, knowing that one of those jewel shard was all that was keeping Kohaku alive. “It's okay. At least he's not under Naraku's control anymore.”
 
“Yeah…” Kagome sighed, hanging her head in defeat. “But I'm not going to leave just yet, okay?”
 
Inuyasha stood up and walked off. No one made a move to go after him. He was dealing with the situation the only way he could. Kagome understood better than anyone that he needed to be alone with his heart. She sighed and decided to go inside and check up on the three from her own time. She knew that the bird, called Towa, was away at the Tree of Ages setting up for their return trip home. Pulling back the curtain, she saw Dark holding onto Daisuke's hand, his thumb caressing the little hand.
 
“Dark-san?”
 
He didn't look her way. Just Dark, please.”
 
“He'll be okay.”
 
“I was so careless… How could I not tell? I was in his fucking mind until then, damn it! I should've known what he was thinking and feeling this entire time!”
 
She sat down by him. “You can't blame yourself for this!”
 
“I'll be damned if I can't! You don't have any idea what this is like! I have been a part of their family for four hundred fucking years!” Dark hissed, angered at his lack of thought. “How could I not see it? How!? He isn't like the rest of his family… I should've been able to tell!”
 
Dark suddenly felt a sharp sting on his cheek. He looked at the girl who had just slapped him. Her eyes were burning fiercely. “It's not your fault! You didn't know, so what? How is your self-loathing going to help him now!?”
 
“You're right…” the kaitou looked down, chuckling. “Thank you, Kagome.”
 
She softened. “Anytime, Dark. Now take care of your uke!”
 
The kaitou blushed a deep crimson. “Wh-what!? H-how did you!?”
 
“I'm in love, too, you know! I can't tell!” Kagome giggled.
 
“Dammit…” he blushed even more.
 
PAGEBREAK
 
The afternoon soon turned into evening. Evening soon draped the land and the tachi with darkness. Dark never once left Daisuke's side. Actually, to accommodate everyone in the hut, the kaitou had pulled his former tamer onto his lap, Dark's back against the wall. He was constantly rubbing the boy's back, hoping that Daisuke would stir. Dark had wrapped his wings around their forms, adding extra protection as well as warmth. Sango was snuggled next to Mirokou and Shippo on Kagome. Kirara was nuzzling at the demon hunter's side. The hanyou was away from everyone, taking his usually sleeping posture on top of the roof. Inuyasha had come back some time ago, a somber look on his face. Everyone was just silent. Barely any noise came from the tachi. There seemed to be a thick heavy air of tension that didn't want to break.
 
Dark, for one, was grateful for that. He was too concentrated on Daisuke. Yet, nothing ever seemed to go his way, just like with Wiz... A certain Hiwakari decided to wake up. His icy blue eyes locked onto Dark's pained ones then looked at the barely breathing form in the kaitou's embrace. “Niwa?”
 
“He was betrayed by that Naraku…” Dark whispered, digging his nose into red locks. “Then ran in the way of an attack meant for me…”
 
“Why didn't you notice!? Is he okay!?”
 
Shut up! I know it's my fault! I should have been there for him! And why the hell did you allow Krad to attack him, huh!? And as for Dai… We don't know… He's in a coma now.
 
“And Naraku?” the teen asked, ignoring the accusations.
 
“Dead.”
 
“How long have I been out?”
 
“About a full day,” Dark answered, wanting to bury himself into a hole right now.
 
Satoshi snorted. “We need to get back, Dark.”
 
“I know that, Creepy Boy,” the kaitou hissed.
 
“Then let's go!”
 
“We can't! Not yet!”
 
“And what not?” he said, quirking his eyebrow.
 
“They are all worried about him as well, you damned brat!” Dark glared at the younger teen. He wondered if those Hikaris ever had feelings of courtesy around others.
 
“Quite down both of ye,” Kaede warned.
 
The kaitou and police chief glanced at each other once before settling back down for the night.
 
PAGEBREAK
 
Daisuke groaned. He didn't feel very well at all. The red-head felt sick to his stomach and there was a burning wildfire dancing across his back. Opening his eyes, he shuddered, trying to readjust to the brightness of it all. They burned and screamed for him to go back to sleep, but his heart told him that something was wrong. Once they had refocused, he was going to move. However, it wasn't the protest of his limbs that startled him; it was the tightening of a grip around him the scared him. Daisuke tried to move his head, but there was a dead weight upon it. The teen noticed the dark feathers surrounding him and shuddered again, this time out of embarrassment. This meant that Dark was the one hindering his movement. Had he been watching him this entire time?
 
Dai tried to speak, but his voice failed him. Dai hissed and did the next best thing; he bit into one of Dark's arms. Said kaitou yelped, jerking his head up from the younger Niwa's. He looked down. “Daisuke?”
 
He nodded and felt the crushing weight around him again. “Don't you ever do that again, you hear me!? I thought I was going to lose you!”
 
The red-head groaned again, trying to shift around, but dark stopped him. “Stop it… You'll reopen your wound!”
 
Daisuke stopped and glared up at the kaitou. Said violet haired teen laughed slightly. “I'm glad that you're okay. You scared everyone, you know that?”
 
Dark clasped his former tamer's chin, earning a deep red tinge to the pale skin. “What good would it be for me to have this body and not share it with the one that I love? If I would have lost you, I don't know what I would have done. There would've been no point for me, you know?”
 
His blush deepened, but he looked angry. Dark smirked. “Don't give me that. It's true and I am not ashamed about it and neither should you be angry with me about it. Since you didn't die, it's a moot point. Now the question is; where do we go from here? Hmmm... I think I know where to start…”
 
Dark pulled Dai's lips to his own gently, not wanting to harm his precious one. Daisuke tensed at first from the contact, and then gave into the warm and inviting motion of Mark's mouth on his own. It was everything that the red-head had wanted. It wasn't pleading and desperate like the first time Dark kissed him when he was caught up in the darkness, but passionate and caring, grateful and loving. It paled in comparison to that Naraku's, but then again, Dai loved Dark. When the kaitou moved away from his lips, he whined slightly. Dark smirked. “Does my Daisuke want more?”
 
Daisuke frowned. He did not like being teased like that. The kaitou chuckled and began his pursuit. This time the thief licks Dai's lips before meeting them hungrily. Daisuke felt something warm beginning to pool in his lower regions when Dark parted his lips with a very skilled tongue and began to fight with Daisuke over dominance. He was lucky his voice was gone or he would've moaned when he lost the battle to his kaitou and Dark claimed victory by tasting and memorizing every last detail. Dai felt Dark's smirk again his lips, his breathing already a tad bit labored. “That's enough of that, for now… You are still inured and underage of consent.”
 
For only a month… he thought.
 
“Maybe I'll toss that rule out the window and it'll be a welcome home present, hmmm?” Dark whispered seductively into Dai's ear, making him shiver from the spine down. He wasn't quite finished yet, though. There was one more thing that he wanted to get across to anyone that would come near his former tamer. Dark began to tease the little area of skin on Daisuke's neck. The teen shook slightly from an unvoiced gasp when Dark bit, leaving his mark.
 
The kaitou smirked at what he knew was going to develop and carefully pulled the boy back into him. “I love you, Daisuke… But I think we both need some sleep.”
 
I love you too, Dark… Daisuke thought, nuzzling into his kaitou's chest, wincing slightly, but not from any of the pain that gripped his body.
 
PaGEBReAK
 
Satoshi had seen the whole thing. He would've rather have not, really. Hiwatari thought that he could've stood a chance with the thief's blunder. Alas, fate was not on his side. The blunette was never going to be rid of his curse. He was stuck with this monster living inside of him. Sure, Krad did heal him, but he was the cause of all that pain.
 
`That's not very nice, Satoshi-sama…' said curse huffed. `Look at Dark go! Look who's the pedophile now… He has at least three hundred and some odd years on the boy.'
 
Shut up… he barked mentally and forced his eyes shut.
 
PAGEBREAK
 
Towa was finished. She collapsed in a heap in front of the tree. This as a lot of hard work, but she was the only one that could. She was the Guide for god's sake! If she couldn't find their way home, who would? The only catch was, they'd have to leave today or wait another week to do this. Towa doubted that Wiz could pose as Daisuke for a week and Satoshi would go a week without someone wondering about his disappearance. The green eyed artwork sighed and rose to leave, but a hand held her fast to the spot that she was standing in.
 
She turned around to face another girl. This stranger looked young, but also held a tremendous amount of wisdom in her pale yellow eyes. She was about five foot high with long hazel hair falling down and touching the ground. This girl was tanned, a silver circlet adorning her brow with green leaved tucked around the metal. She wore a kimono that was gold in color and shimmered, decorated with the colors of leaves in the fall. The robe that was tossed on her shoulders was a pastel forest green. Her ears were tapered and her eyes almond shaped. There was a slightly white glow around the girl. “Are they ready?”
 
“Who?” Towa asked.
 
“The ones that I brought here some time ago, are they ready to go home?” she asked again, her voice a rich deep, contrasting her looks.
 
“I'm not sure who you are talking about. Who are you?” the guide asked again, even more scared than before. Where has this one come from? “It's dangerous to be out here all alone!
 
The girl smiled. “It's quiet all right. No harm can come to me in this form. I am the Tree of Ages…”
 
PAGEBREAK
 
Wiz shifted around uncomfortably. It was time to go and see what in the world was taking so long. He transformed into Daisuke and headed out the door. Too bad for Wiz, he didn't remember the way to the temple. He sighed. It was going to be a long day, indeed. Hopefully for him, one of the Haradas wouldn't show their face today. That and Takeshi was busy, so he was only concerned about the twins. They were the scariest things he ever encountered. He can't believe what his master ever saw in either of them.
 
After about an hour or two of walking around, the familiar decided it would be easier to go in his natural form. Transforming in an alley, the white rabbit started to hop along the sidewalk, desperately trying to seek out anything that looked familiar to him when he explored before now. If anything, if they turned up, he would be some where close by and ready to meet them.
 
PAGEBREAK
 
However, nothing goes Wiz's way, as we know. The thing he did not notice was that Riku Harada was following him. She had seen the Daisuke copy and wanted to say something. Noting that he hadn't seen her, she walked after him, barely keeping up. She had seen him turn down an alley and seen the entire thing. Once she saw the transformation, she hid, not wanting the familiar to know what she was up to.
 
Of course she had noted the odd behavior this week. At first, she thought that it was only her. Riku believed that he little outburst at the shrine would cause Daisuke to stay away from her. Yet, he was being distant with everyone. That was not like the Daisuke Niwa she knew. This version didn't get embarrassed as easily and was far better to scare. The elder twin thought then that he was probably sick in some way. That excuse failed when Saga released him. Saga would never willing let go of Niwa. That's when he thought that something might be up with Daisuke.
 
She followed after Wiz, knowing that where ever he went, Daisuke would be the one he went to. Riku made sure to keep out of sight and upwind of the little critter. She applauded herself once or twice for her mad ninja skills. The Harada pumped her fist into the air. “I knew that you were hiding something form me, Niwa. Now I'm going to find out what's been going on around here…”
 
Little did she know what was in store for her when she found out what was going on…
 
 
 
Preveiw of Chapter 13: And To Say Goodbye
“I needed them here for this short period of time; it's as simple as that.”
 
“What am I going to do with you?”
 
“Forget about it, would ya? And don't you cry either! Be a man!”
 
“So I guess this is goodbye?”
 
“Hey, Wiz! Glad you could join us! How'd you handle things here, little buddy?”
 
“D-Dark and N-niwa?”