D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Through Divided Eyes ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
[I pulled pretty heavily from various Multiple Personality books for this, so don't kill me if it isn't dead accurate. ]

Through Divided Eyes

Rating: PG-13 for swearing and mentions of sexual bad things.
Genres: Comedy/Romance/Psychological
Pairings: Krad / Daisuke, hints of Dark / Krad. (Both come much later.)
Summary: Krad Hikari is a psychiatrist living with his personal secretary whose life and principles are torn apart when he meets his new client.

Satoshi Hiwatari was very used to hearing his roomate's greeting as Krad entered their apartment. This greeting ranged anywhere from, "Satoshi, I'm home," to, "Why don't I just check into a damned institution!?" At one point, even a drunken, "They're heeeeeeeeere!" had issued from his mouth. But tonight, his usual salutation was absent.
Concerned by the uncharacteristic silence, Satoshi left his study to see just who had come into his apartment un-announced. It was Krad, taking off his shoes and coat in silence. The blonde ponytail and tall figure was a dead give-away. It was still Krad who sat down at the dining room table with his bag still in hand. But the moment the blonde erupted into frustrating yelling, Satoshi knew something was off.
"Is everything alright Krad?" Satoshi asked, pulling up a seat across from him.
"'Is everything alright?' he asks." Krad mimicked. "No, everything is NOT alright. Things are very VERY wrong." He breathed deeply rubbing his temples.
"Was it one of your clients?" Satoshi folded his hands under his chin.
"Yes."
"Miss Kurashina?" Satoshi knew Krad had been having problems with the narcoleptic girl.
"No."
"How about Miss Towa, the Obsessive-Compulsive?"
"No."
"That new client then?
"... Yes."
"Talk to me."

At precisely 7:45 AM on a sunny Wendsday morning, Krad Hikari and Satoshi Hiwatari entered the Azumano Offices, home to three other small buisnesses with their own respective floors. Krad had just opened the door to their floor when he caught sight of a short woman in a purple dress counting the beads on her necklace. It didn't take Krad two seconds to recognize her as Towa Shirube, one of his five regular clients. In fifteen minutes after Krad and Satoshi were both settled in, Towa was accepted into Krad's office to begin her therapy.
This was a usual Wendsday for Krad, seeing his usual morning patients; Towa, the obsessive-compulsive for two hours, then a PTSD patient, Eiri Yuki, for another two hours. Then he went to lunch for an hour with Satoshi, came back and did some cleaning up. Finally he saw a narcoleptic Menou Kurashina and prepared for a new client.
The most he knew about this new client was that his name was Daisuke Niwa and that he had been referred to Krad by the school counselor at his college. In the few brief seconds he had between clients, he realized that Daisuke might not even have problems and he might have two whole hours free in a matter of seconds.
That was not the case, for a problem showed up the second Daisuke entered the room and said, "Hey. Daisuke couldn't turn up, so I'm here instead. That's cool, right?"
"Daisuke, you're standing right in front of me."
"No way, man. Can't you tell? I'm Dark Mousy."

"You're positive he said he wasn't Daisuke?"
"Yes, I'm positive. He said that he was someone named Dark."
Satoshi grinned from behind his cup of tea. "Are you sure you weren't hallucinating?"
"It gets worse, Satoshi."

Krad had sat back in his chair and rubbed his temples. "Very well, <i>Dark</i>, please have a seat." He gestured to the couch near him. Daisuke, or Dark, didn't walk to the couch and lay down, as any normal patient would. He sauntered and reclined, as if coming home from a very active day at school.
"Well, psych-man. Lay it on me."
The blonde took out a clip board and a pen. "Okay, why don't you tell me about yourself? Like who you are and why you think you're here."
The boy on the couch grinned. "I'm Dark Mousy, age 19. Born November 11, 1988. Purple hair, brushed up to the front . Purple eyes. Both of those are natural. I'm a little shorter than you, maybe 5'11". I like art work and women." Dark paused, letting Krad write everything down. "I honestly don't know why I'm here. Daisuke's your patient, not me."
Krad scribbled down a few replies to this comment. "Okay, then. Where is Daisuke right now?"
"He's here but he isn't here."
"Could you elaborate on that?"
"I could, but if I do, he'll get all pissy."
Krad blinked. "Are you resisting therapy?"
Dark schooled his features to an innocent pout. "I don't see how I am. Daisuke's the one who needs therapy, not me."

Two hours of continuous banter between them had left Krad in near hysterics by the end. The main portion of which was Krad trying to get past Dark's sarcastic and witty attitude and Dark repeatedly telling Krad that he wasn't Daisuke.
Looking through his notes, Krad had noticed something interesting. He had written down Dark's statistics, the words disassociative, schizophernia, failure to cooperate and a few choice words that Krad had wanted to yell out. But a few minutes before the session ended, Krad saw that he had written multiplicity.
"You honestly think that he is a multiple personality?" Satoshi questioned, looking over Krad's notes. "Don't you think that's jumping the gun a little bit?"
Krad pondered this, now with his own cup of tea. "You're right. It could just be a cry for attention. I'm going to take a bath."
"You do that."

[Mega points go out to Eiri Yuki, of Gravitation, for being one of the random assorted psychos. ]