D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Through Divided Eyes ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
[Just bursting with inspiration for this one. Mmmmyep. ]

Through Divided Eyes

Rating: PG-13 for swearing and mentions of sexual bad things.
Genres: Comedy/Romance/Psychological
Pairings: Krad / Daisuke, hints of Dark / Krad. (Both come much later.)
Summary: Krad Hikari is a psychiatrist living with his personal secretary whose life and principles are torn apart when he meets his new client.

"So, what will you do if 'Dark,' turns up at your appointment again?" Satoshi asked his employer, watching as he stumbled across the room for his coffee. They had been pouring over Multiple Personality Literature and textbooks, even watched Sybil 3 times over and found very little information. Satoshi had summarized their findings.

In a Multiple Personality Disorder, a rare but serious disorder, a patient will detach from his or her self in order to cope with an emotion. In the case of Sybil, she split into the other selves to deal with the traumas of her childhood. During the time belonging to the other self, the other person is often unaware of the time spent by that persona. More often than not, it is a triggered reaction that can stay for days at a time. As the patient learns to deal with the issue behind the other personality, the personality will absorb back into the original self.

"I don't know. Maybe I'll turn him away at the door," Krad laughed to himself, straightening his tie. A brief pause occured before Krad asked, "So, who do we turn to the psych ward today?"

Satoshi looked over his various papers to the day schedule. "Eiri Yuki, Towa Shirube, Daisuke Niwa and Akio Ohtori."

Krad scowled. "Today is going to be all sorts of fun." He rolled his eyes, just thinking about the patients ahead of him. Then he looked at the kitchen clock. 7:30. "Mmm, lets go. We're going to be late."

"Mr. Punctual today, are we? Why get so worked up over Eiri Yuki?"

"Because he feeds us, that's why. Now hurry or I'm leaving without you."


As it turns out, Eiri Yuki was 15 minutes late to his appointment, but that was just fine with Krad for several reasons. One reason was the fact that he didn't like Eiri's snotty attitude. Another was that he felt as if he were looking into a haircut mirror when he rose to shake his hand. But lastly, it gave Krad a chance to think about what would happen in the afternoon when Daisuke/Dark came back.

"Perhaps it won't be either of them," he mused absently as he waited for the other blonde. That was a possibility. In the cases he had read over, each person had more than one other personality. Sybil had at least 16, Toby had 10. Why should Daisuke be any different?

Daisuke was in his head all day. He was all Krad could see while making a major-breakthrough with Eiri Yuki. The man left with his real last name, Uesugi, firmly in mind. During his OCD counseling with Towa, he was thinking about a way to connect with Daisuke himself. Even during lunch at a cafe with Satoshi, he was still thinking about the red headed patient. 'How will I connect with him?'

Finally, three minutes before his appointment, an idea hit Krad in the face. When he entered his office, Krad's eyes strayed to a painting. A landscape of dark purple ground and dark red skies. He remembered that Daisuke was in college for an art major. "Satoshi, could you run a very fast errand for me?"

"O...kay."

"There is an art shop across the street. Would you mind getting a sketchpad and some charcoals?"

"Alright. But what do you plan on doing?"

"Something a bit unorthadox. Now hurry."


[Hmm... ]