Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Cupid's Arrows ❯ How they met ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“A new teacher?”
 
“Yes. He's starting tomorrow. I can't believe that Miss Mizuno would leave, more dubious in the middle of the school year!” Says Aya Konishi, as she announces the news to the whole class.
 
“We-we-wait a minute- He? Our new homeroom teacher is a boy? A man? A… MALE?” counters Miyu Kozuki, captain of the Heiomachi Cheerleaders.
 
“Yup. But he is not like the old farts around school. He can bring a whole school down. Believe me!”
 
“I believe you…” Christine Hanakomachi came busting through the door. Her expression was just like one who just saw an angel.
 
“He is heaven-sent…” She collapsed on the floor. Some girls helped her to her seat.
 
“Chris, ANY man is heaven-sent to you.” Says Miyu says to her best friend.
 
“But this one is special…just ask Nanami.”
 
As if on a cue, Nanami Tenchi floated through the door.
 
“He IS an angel!” somebody shouted at the back.
 
“Probably.” Miyu doubtfully proclaimed.
 
~Cheerleading Practice~
 
The girls were practicing their twists and flips, including Miyu. The boys were at the other side of the court, playing basketball and some were already drooling for the cheerleaders.
 
“With the music now.”
They went into formation and did all the movements perfectly. Soon, the practice was over.
 
Miyu stretched her arms. “Huuh…another day has gone by.”
 
Then she saw a man with a briefcase rushing past. She didn't mind him, but when the man tripped a little, something shiny caught her eye. She went closer and found out it was a cross-shaped pendant.
 
“I better return this.”
 
She walked up to the room where the man went and followed him, double the pace.
 
“Excuse me, sir!”
 
The man turned his well shaped head towards her to show his attractive face. Miyu was stunned by his good looks but it didn't distract her from the deed at hand.
 
“You dropped this a while ago.” Miyu presented the pendant to him. He smiled and took it from her hand. He couldn't take his eyes off her, for the moment.
 
“Ahh, you are new here?” Miyu asked politely.
 
“Yes, why do you say that, miss?”
 
“Because you are headed directly for the Ladies restroom, sir.”
 
He looked at where he is headed and, without a doubt, he was headed straight for the…
 
“Ladies room…sorry.”
 
“I could show you the men's room, if you want.”
 
“I would appreciate that a lot.”
 
Miyu led him across the building and into the entrance of the nearest restroom. He nodded. “Can I ask you another favor?” the man asked. “Sure. What is it?”
 
“Can you lead me to room `4-3'?”
 
“That is our section!” She took his wrist and dragged him to their room.
 
“This is Room 4-3!”
 
“This is where I'll be working.”
 
“You're the new homeroom teacher?”
 
“Yes. Thank you for everything. May I know your name?”
 
“It's Miyu Kozuki. What is yours, sir, so I may address to you properly?”
 
“My name is Kanata Saionji. Nice to meet you.”
 
Miyu bowed. “The pleasure is all mine. I have to go.” She bowed again.
 
“Nice girl.”