Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Memories… ❯ WHAT’S BEEN GOING ON HERE? ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Answer: Nothing. I'm just pissed sowee
Disclaimer: I do not own Daa! Daa! Daa!
A/N: Have you ever been so angry in your whole life that your hand starts having this tingling sensation like it's telling you it wants to hit somebody? Grrr…
 
The Kouzuki family and Kanata are having breakfast: pancakes, milk, and chocolate-chip cookies. They were eating silently all this time until Miki, Miyu's mom, suddenly asked the two teens eating in front of her, “So, how long have you two been going out? We've been really busy with work that we didn't have the time to personally talk to you and ask how you two're doing.”
It was a long moment of silence before Kanata said something. He really was expecting Miyu to answer her mom's question but until now, since her parent's arrived, she hasn't said anything.
“We haven't gone out yet. On…on a date I mean. We..we have only been to school and to the supermarket together and that's it.” Kanata answered slowly, bowing his head to hide his blushing.
Yuu laughed. Miki did also after she took a glance at her husband. This gesture made not only Kanata but also Miyu blush. “You….you two…”Yuu said as he was obviously trying to suppress his laughter. “I can't believe it. It's like me and Miki” and then he laughs again. Kanata and Miyu didn't understand what he was talking about so they looked at them with questioning eyes. Luckily, Miki got the message and after taking deep breaths as she continued smiling she said, “You two are very much like us. We would spend our free time together on each other's apartment every week” “Don't get it wrong. We were just spending the whole day cooking, eating, watching movies and talking about things. Actually it was more like having a picnic, but it was still great fun.” Miki added, looking sideways at Yuu as he held her hand.
“Don't worry you two. I know you just feel sad. We heard about your friends who just recently left. It's natural to feel like you don't have any reason to be happy but still you should be. After all it isn't everyday that you get to meet your special someone, is it?” Yuu said seriously as he looked at them, still holding Miki's hand.
“Wha…How did you know about that Uncle Yuu? About our friends I mean.” asked Kanata, who had just then understood what Yuu said.
“It's simple, your friends Ms. Hanakomachi, Ms. Tenchi, and Ms. Konishi, we met them on the subway yesterday afternoon and they recognized us. We had a little talk with them in order to catch up with what's going on with you guys but it seems that they have forgotten to give us the juiciest news yet.” explained Yuu, smiling at Kanata and Miyu.
“Yesterday? Uncle, you mean you arrived yesterday? Yesterday afternoon to be exact?” Kanata asked looking at Miyu's parents. “So Miyu… when you called and talked to Miyu, you were at the train station and not at the airport.” Yuu nodded as he and Miki looked at Miyu. Kanata, who sensed that her parents wanted to say something to Miyu brushed his hand against her's to catch her attention. Miyu didn't look at him but instead she took hold of Kanata's hand and held it gently.
“Ehem.” said Yuu as he cleared his throat after finishing his glass of milk. “Kanata, would you mind it if we would talk to Miyu about something? It's just that we need to tell her something important. That is after we clear up the dishes.”
“Sure. I don't mind. Besides, I was planning on going to the library today.” Kanata answered as Miyu tightened her grip on his hand.
After the dishes were cleaned up and while Miyu was busy wiping up the table, Kanata went silently to his room to get his library card.
 
Kanata was just passing by the kitchen when suddenly, Miyu grabbed his hand, pulled him outside and closed the door. Her parents were in the kitchen making tea that's why Miyu decided to go and find Kanata before he leaves for the library. The moment the door was closed and Kanata was within her reach, Miyu hugged Kanata tight and told him in a soft voice, “I'm scared.” Kanata knew about that even before she told him. He hugged her back and said softly, “Don't you worry. Everything will be fine, okay? Go inside now. Your mom and dad are waiting for you, I'll see you later. I'll be back in the afternoon so take all the time you want and spend it with your parents.” He kissed Miyu softly on the forehead and with that, he went on his way to the library.
 
Miyu was very nervous when she went back inside the house. She could have insisted to go with Kanata and spend the day with him but she didn't do that because she knew that he wouldn't agree to take her. Besides, even if she ran away from this kind of situation now, she would still definitely have to face it in the future. It would be best if she would get it done and over with today for everyone's and especially for her sake.
She found her parents in the kitchen finishing up their tea so she decided to sit down on the vacant seat facing them. Without further ado, the moment Miki saw that they now have Miyu's full attention, she said, “Honey, please pack your things. We're moving out now. It's January 21,2006 7:33 am and that's now.” She said as she looked at the clock to check if it's really 7:33, it is. And then she smiled at Miyu.
“What?!” said Miyu, terribly shocked. “It can't be. You just told Kanata that you want to talk to me about something and now you're telling me we're moving out?”
“Ah, at last you've found your voice. We were worried that you might have accidentally swallowed your tongue when you saw us at the stairs a while ago.” said Yuu, who was also smiling like his wife. “But, we won't entertain any of your questions. You have so much to do like pack your things, arrange them, explore the house, find Kanata…Ah, oh dear… it's already 7:40. The moving van will be arriving in 10 minutes with our furniture. So you must now go to your room and pack your things.”
It all happened very fast. One minute, they were just entering a small hidden gate near the one hundred steps to the temple and after another minute they stopped in front of a very nice house just beside Honshou Saionji's property.
“This is it.” Yuu and Miki announced happily.
“This is the house? Our house? Why, it's just beside Uncle Honshou's property! It seems like we aren't moving after all.” Miyu said, grinning.
“Precisely.” said Yuu as he opened the door with his keys. “And now let's arrange the things and make this house our lovely home.”
After four hours or so, with Miyu and her parents done arranging their things, and exploring the house, Miyu straightened herself up and told her parents that she plans on going to the library to check Kanata out. She was also secretly thinking that maybe they could even go out on a date. Her mom and dad already kissed her goodbye but she stopped on the open doorway before going out and asked, “Does Kanata know about this surprise?” Her parents, who were with her in the doorway shook their heads and happily watched their lovely daughter as she went down the stairs humming happily to herself.
A/N: Ahh…tension has lessened….at last. *takes a peek at the clock* wha?! It's already 2:16 am and I'm still not sleepy. I think this is my punishment for sleeping too long…
--Seiya (January 22, 2006; 2:16am)
P.S. Ah, and by the way, please spare me some of your precious time and write me a review. Please? ( o^.^)oo(^. ^ o) ( o^.^)oo(^. ^ o)