Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ out of the question ❯ Chapter 10. Catching Fireflies ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Out of the Question

Disclaimers: Don't own them. Please don't sue. All I have are my OCs and my Kurama pillow.

A/N: The day before the dreaded finals. And here I am waiting for Ms. Congeniality to air. Feh, I'll study tomorrow for I'm the great CRAM Queen. ^______^V <really, I must lay down the milk and pringles.> The usual...Some OCCness might occur. Uh...and some spoilers too I guess.

//- thoughts
" "- speeches
**Flashbacks**

Out of the Question
Chapter 10. Catching Fireflies
------------------------------------------------------------

Kanata woke up from the loud banging on the front door. He glanced at the clock and saw that it's five minutes past midnight.

//Who in their right mind would do that?//

"Who is it?" he ask quite irratated.

When he saw it's just Naozumo, he cursed inwardly. // Why did I even bother to ask?//

"What do you want?" he snapped. Naozumo hold both his shoulders and shook him violently.

"You, Kanata Saiyonji will tell me everything." Kanata raised an eyebrow. "Everything I want and NEED to know."
---------------------------------

"Yumi, I'm not pressuring you or anything but I want to tell you somethings you need to know." Tanaka entered Miyu's room after knocking.

"What is it?"

"I've done some investigations on whom you might be and the answers just arrived today." he held out a brown envelope.

"In here, is the complete data about the life of someone named Miyu Kuozuki."
--------------------------------

"First, get your hands off me." Kanata gave Naozumo his icy death glare. Naozumo immediately let Kanata go.

"And second. who gave you the idea I'll tell you things just because you want to know?" he asked him point blank.

Naozumo then gave an equally icy death glare (which caught Kanata off guard but regain his composure in about 3 seconds.)

"Because I'll do anything, ANYTHING in the name of my love." he answered. Kanata just looked at him and turned. He then signed Naozumo to come inside.
-------------------------------

"Let me get this straight. You're telling me I'm Miyu Kouzuki? Daughter of some astronaut and Scientist named Miki and Yuu Kouzuki(1). That my inconsiderate parents left me to go to U.S not thinking what I feel. Left me to some kind of a weird monk and his even weirder son but the weird monk left us to have pilgramage on Tibet. And my every waking day is just suffering under that weird son?"

"Well, that sums it all up in the nutshell. The day you accidentaly got hit by a car, you're trying to ran away from that temple. You don't have friends since the monk's son dominates the school where you've always been bullied. the reports said that they didn't even file a lost when you've been missing in this past few days." Tanaka took a seat on Miyu's bean bag.

"I-I can't belive this. All those times I wonder what my life had been and always wanted to know when will I regain my memories. I can't believe that all along I want to get back to the life I want to escape..." Miyu looked confused. Somehow, she could tell that something's wrong.

"Maybe fate have decided to grant your wish to have a new life so they erased your memories to start over and have new and happy ones." Tanaka egged.

"I-I need some time...alone." Miyu turned away from Tanaka.

"I see. if you need me, I'm just in the study." Tanaka then started walking to her door. "If ever you made up your mind, it would be the happiest day in Yuki's life...."he then stepped out."....in my life." he added before closing the door.

As the door closes, Miyu collapsed on her bed and cried herself out.
-----------------------------
"So what do you want to know?" Kanata asked in a very unenthusiastic way.

"Where really is Miyu?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"Because I have a gut feeling that you're not telling the truth about Miyu staying to tend Ryu."

"Is that all you want to know? Fine, Miyu's not here because she's-"

"She's with Saji Tanaka. And that brings me to another question, Kanata. What role does Tanaka play in your life?"
----------------------------

"Wannya, take a look at this. An accident has been reported 5 days ago that a certain blond girl has been hit by a car and brought to the hospital. Apparently, the girl lost her memories and was brought home by the owners of the car. Do you think this is our Miyu? The last time she's seen is five days ago." Seiya as he hack over the police files.

"Maybe. Could you get the address of the persons who brought her home?" Wannya while giving Ryu his bottle of milk.
They're currently in Ryu's room using the ufo's computer to hack.

"Been thinking ahead of you. Here it is. No. 14 Mushiyori drive. Hey! It's not far from here."

"Did you get a name or a number?"

"Not only that. I'm printing it out." He took out a paper. "Here it is...uh...Wannya, you wouldn't believe this if I tell you,"

"What is it? Look, that boy looks like Kanata!"

"It's not a wonder because he's...."
---------------------------

"He's my cousin. On the mother side. And if one doesn't really know us, they'd tell that we're twins. But the real twins are our mothers." Kanata poured Naozumo's cup some tea.

"I see. Then he's Miyu's cousin too."

"Not really. You see, Miyu and I are not cousins." this made Naozumo to spit out his tea.

"Then you're really 'living together'." Naozumo stood up

A vein popped on Kanata's forehead. "No, we're not! Our parents are really close friends so Miyu's parents entrusted her to us."
-------------------------

The light sound of footsteps are the only sounds that can be heard on the hallway. The figure stopped in front of a very large door. She knocks and a faint 'come in' was heard.

"Miyu! Can I do anything for you? Oh, I've decided to call you your real name if you don't mind."

Miyu shook her head. "It's fine. But I now prefer to be called Yumi if that's not a bother. You see I've decided. I'll stay..." she closed her eyes and silently prayed that she's right. "....for good."

Her eyes were closed that she didn't see the evil grin that flashed in Tanaka's eyes.


~end of part 10

(1) Hmm...Miki and Yuu....Sure does remind me about Marmalade Boy. Don't you think it's a sequel? nah!

A/N: I won't make any promises but I'll try updating three times a week once my finals are over. And if I'll stick to that plan, this fic will be finished before April arrives. I've written up to chapter 12 and I think it'll be finished in Chapter 15. ^________^V As for the title...welll there's a reason behind it......

Thanks for the reviews. I really love you all!

Please R&R ^____^V