Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess ❯ new life new arrangements ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Hi...Hope you enjoy this chapter. Thanks a bunch for the reviews. And please continue REVIEWING…
Disclaimer: I do not own Daa! Daa! Daa!
 
 
Chapter 3
New life, new arrangements
 
 
“Come and have your breakfast, Miyu.” said a pretty young woman with shoulder-length black hair.
“Oh yes, thank you very much, Lady Mizuno.” replied Miyu.
“I told you before… you don't have to call me `Lady'. `Mizuno' is just fine.” she said, rather embarrassedly.
“Alright Lady… I mean Mizuno.”
 
 
`Princess' Miyu had reached Heiomachi village only the previous evening.
 
She didn't exactly make the most royal entry that time…. Actually, she was covered from head to toe in slime and dirt from the swamp.
Kanata had taken her straight to Doctor Mizuno's house. Mizuno had treated her minor wounds, lent her a descent dress to wear and was kind enough to let her stay her stay the night. She had even helped her in scrubbing and washing her long blonde hair (which had practically turned brown)
 
 
And now that she was fresh and clean, all Miyu wanted was to explore the scenic little village and get to know the people around there. Just then, Mizuno came from outside and said, “Kanata is here. Why don't you go with him and have a look around the village?”
“I'd love to! Thanks for everything. See you in a while” exclaimed Miyu and ran outside.
Kanata was busy brushing his horse, with his back turned to her.
“How are you?” inquired Miyu, pleasantly.
 
 
 
Kanata climbed onto his horse and without turning back, replied, “After all the trouble I went through yesterday, I couldn't slee…..”
Kanata's words trailed off as he turned towards her.
His eyes opened wide. He had expected to see the dirty brown haired girl from yesterday… not a beautiful blonde. He gazed at her as the wind played with her locks of her and made it fly about gracefully.
 
 
“I was hoping you would take me around the village… Well, how about it?” she asked softly.
“Sure, it would be my pleasure miss”
“What's with all the `Miss' stuff ? What's wrong with you, Kanata? ”
 
Kanata practically fell off his horse when he realized that the girl standing in front of him was the same girl from yesterday.
“You are Miyu?” asked Kanata, shock written all over his face.
 
 
“Of course I am. Now don't tell me you thought that I was someone else.” replied Miyu.
“Now why would I think that?” he shot back and then added, “You are same helpless little girl from the forest.”
 
 
 
“HELPLESS?? I know that you saved me and all… but that doesn't mean you can start acting like you are some great hero. Now, are you going to just stand there all day or are you going to show me around your village?” she said and started walking.
Kanata glared at her for a while and then climbed on to his horse and galloped right past her.
 
 
“Hey wait for me….” She cried out and chased him. “Why do you always leave me behind?? Can't you take me on your horse too?”
 
 
Kanata just yelled, “HURRY UP!!”
Miyu ran as fast as she could after Kanata, but she had to dodge the villagers and carts full of vegetables. It was amazing how Kanata managed to ride a horse through the village without any trouble at all.
Miyu cried out, “You are supposed to show me around and introduce me to everyone… not make me run around like I'm crazy.”
 
 
 
Just as she said that, she stumbled on a rock and fell forward. The next thing she knew, a pair of strong arms had wrapped themselves around her waist and she found herself leaning against someone's chest. She straightened up and turned towards the face of her savior to see a handsome young man with black hair and blue eyes. The situation was too awkward and rather romantic for Miyu…so she blushed.
 
 
“Hello there, I'm Mizuki. And who might you be?” he asked softly.
“Mi..Miyu” she replied timidly.
 
 
“Hey!! What do you think you are doing?” came a voice from nearby.
Mizuki slowly let go Miyu and turned around to see a very annoyed looking Kanata.
“Hello, Kanata. It's been a while. Good to see you again”
 
“Wish I could say the same. I thought you weren't coming back for another month.” Kanata retorted.
Mizuki simply laughed and said, “You are the same as always”
“And what is that supposed to mean?” he replied, arrogantly.
“Oh nothing, nothing at all.”
 
 
Miyu, who had been silently watching the two turned towards Kanata and said reprovingly, “You don't have to be so arrogant. Try to act civilized for once.”
“Goodness! Kanata, don't tell me you are in acquaintance with this pretty young girl.” remarked Mizuki. Miyu blushed even harder at the praise.
 
“You are calling her `pretty'? You should have seen her true form yesterday.” Kanata replied.
“I'll show you true form!!” countered Miyu angrily.
 
 
 
Mizuki laughed and said, “I did not know that you two were such good friends.” Both Miyu and Kanata opened their mouths to oppose but Mizuki turned towards Miyu and continued speaking.
“Actually, I had been to the neighbouring village to visit my sister, Mikan. I thought of staying there for a month, but she had to leave on some urgent business, so I came back. Well, I'd better get going. See you around, Miyu.”
 
Miyu smiled and slowly walked ahead. For some reason, Kanata was no longer galloping ahead of her. Instead, he trotted behind her.
Noticing the blush which still lingered on her cheeks, he said, “You don't have to look so smug.”
 
“Why? What's bothering you?” she asked.
“Nothing!” replied Kanata “Just the fact that you look like this was the happiest moment of you life. What is wrong with me? Why am I so bothered about it?”
 
 
 
By evening, Miyu had got introduced to most of the villagers. But she was disappointed with the fact that there were only two young people of her age. They were Santa and Akane. Santa was an energetic and rather weird boy with black hair. He loved collecting all sorts of strange things starting from heart shaped pebbles to bits of stick and string.
Akane on the other hand was a really pretty and intelligent girl with short black hair. It was evident that they were quite fond of each other.
Miyu also heard that there were two other girls but they were working in some distant kingdom. How she wished she had more girl friends. Anyway, she was happy for now. She had made rather interesting friends, especially Mizuki.
 
 
Anyway, it was getting late. She had eaten her lunch at Akane's house. But she thought it would be better if she went back to Mizuno's house for dinner. She waved goodbye to her new friends and slowly made her way back.
It was a while before she noticed that Kanata was not around. He had left without even telling her. “Rude as usual! she thought.
Suddenly, she felt someone grab her round the waist and hoist her on to a speeding horse. It happened so fast that she couldn't even defend herself.
“What do you think you're doing?? Put me down!!” she cried out and began to struggle to get away.
 
 
Instead of letting her go, the grip tightened around her waist and the person said, “Calm down or you'll fall.” She knew that voice.
Startled, Miyu turned around to see Kanata.
“What are you doing? Let me go.” She said, rather timidly.
 
“No. It was you who wanted me to take you for a ride on my beautiful horse. You get what you want.”
 
 
She had no choice. It was this or the ground. Anyway, she was tired and couldn't help but appreciate the free ride. And another thing, she couldn't help noticing how warm and gentle he was. It was not everyday that she was literally swept off her feet by a handsome young man. As she continued gazing at his face, she noticed that he seemed familiar, somehow. She knew that she had never seen him before… and yet, something deep inside her heart told her that she knew him, very well.
 
 
Miyu had never faced such a situation…two romantic encounters with two handsome boys, in one day. And more surprises were yet to come.
 
 
They reached Mizuno's house soon enough. Miyu was surprised and really pleased to see that Mizuki was also there for dinner. She found out later that Mizuki was Mizuno's cousin and that he and his sister Mikan used to stay together.
 
“I'm so sorry, Miyu. But since Mizuki came back, I'm afraid I won't be having any spare rooms. I am terribly sorry.” said a very troubled Mizuno.
“Oh, I see. Guess I have to find some other place to stay. No need to apologize. I understand.” replied Miyu. “But the question is, where?”
As soon as she said that, both Mizuki and Mizuno turned towards Kanata, who was busy stuffing his mouth with food. Noticing the sudden silence, Kanata finally looked up from his plate and looked around.
“What? Why are you all looking at me?” he asked, clearly having paid no attention to the conversation.
“This is perfect.” replied Mizuno. “You have a spare room. So, Miyu can stay with you.”
 
“WHAT??” yelled both Miyu and Kanata at the same time.
“It's perfect. Kanata, you have been staying alone for so many years. Isn't it about time you had some company. Don't worry. Everything will work out just fine.” said Mizuno.
 
 
“No it won't!” argued Kanata “We will never get along. We never agree with each other on anything.”
“Yes, we probably will be fighting all the time.” replied Miyu.
“See, you are already agreeing with each other right now. I don't want to hear any more excuses from both of you. This is the only arrangement we can find.” said Mizuno, a definite finality in her tone.
“I won't…” insisted Miyu.
 
 
 
But later that night, Miyu wondered how the heck she had ended up agreeing to stay in Kanata's house. The cottage was a little separate from the village. One had to climb a low hill and go through a clump of trees to get to the cottage which stood on a small clearing. The rooms were spacious enough. Her room was upstairs, right opposite to Kanata's. It had a small bed in a corner, a cupboard, a table and a chair. It was nothing compared to what she had in her room in the palace. But guess she had no other choice but to adjust.
She sighed and got into bed, hoping that things would start looking brighter for a change.
 
 
Meanwhile, in the castle
 
“Durian, are you sure this plan is going to work?” asked a young girl with short red hair.
“Of course it's going to work, Guava. The `book of evil' always had a strong barrier around it when that stupid princess was around. But now, the barrier has weakened. At this rate, we will be able to unleash our true power on the night of the alignment of all planets.” replied Durian.
 
“But you haven't told me what the purpose of the `book of evil' is, yet.” said Guava.
“Yes, even I'd like to know what it is” said another young girl.
 
“Guava, Kiwi, be patient. All will be revealed to you in due course of time. Now, all I need is your cooperation. Is that understood?”
 
After a moment of hesitation, the two girls replied, “Yes, as you wish.” And with that, Guava put on a traveling cloak and hurried off towards the stable.”
 
Durian laughed evilly to herself and said, “My `princess', you made it through the swamp. But don't worry; you'll be put out of your misery very soon.”
 
 
******************
 
A/N: I have holidays now…But once classes start it will be difficult for me to update. SORRY. Anyway, hope you liked this chapter. (hope I haven't made any mistakes).
I've decided to give you all a peek into the next chapter…Princess Miyu will finally get to meet her brother Prince Luu. Her adventures in the village have just begun.
And by the way, PLEASE REVIEW!! Thanks for reading.