Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess ❯ Unexpected happenings ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Hooray!! My main exams are over. So, I'm finally back. A thousand apologies for updating ever so late… I just hope you all didn't lose interest in my fic.
THANKS for all your reviews and do keep reviewing. It means a lot!!
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Daa! Daa! Daa!
 
 
Chapter 4
Unexpected happenings
 
 
“Kiwi, have you heard any news from Guava?” asked a very annoyed looking Durian.
 
“Yes, she made it safel…” started Kiwi but Durian snapped, “I didn't ask whether she reached safely or not! What I want to know is whether she has managed to find Aura's mirror.”
 
 
Kiwi backed a few steps away from Durian and muttered timidly, “I…I'm afraid she still hasn't found it. But I'm sure this is a minor delay… she will find it soon.”
 
 
“`A minor delay' is not part of the plan! We need that object to open the book!”
Kiwi cringed at Durian's tone and said, “Bu…But I thought that we would be able to open the book. You said that once Princess Miyu is out of the way, everything will be fine...”
 
 
“I know what I said! But things have changed.” replied Durian, “Miyu and Luu definitely possess some sort of positive energy. I didn't want that to interfere with my plans.”
 
“But what could they have done?” asked Kiwi.
 
“More damage than you can think. They are fools to be oblivious of their powers. But if they do find it, then that will be the end of us.” replied Durian.
 
 
“But I still don't understand why you waited so long to send princess Miyu away.”
 
“I didn't want the king and queen to lose confidence in me. They wouldn't exactly be pleased if I told them that their second child was in danger too. And besides, the planetary alignment is due next year. So there was no harm in keeping her here for so long.” replied Durian and walked over to a stone pedestal where a big black book was kept.
 
 
It was rather sinister looking for a book, which was bound by thick rusty chains and a huge lock. Durian had barely inched her fingers close to the book than a barrier appeared around it and repelled her hand.
 
“You see this; I still cannot touch the book.”
 
“Why hasn't the barrier disappeared?” asked Kiwi.
 
“The barrier has weakened and that's enough for now. With the mirror and the locket that belonged to Aura, we will be able to break the cursed shield. Now, I put you in charge of silencing Miyu. Have you planned how to do it? If she comes back to the castle, all our plans will be destroyed.”
 
“Not to worry, I have already hired a couple of people. The job will be done soon”
 
Durian smirked and said, “She managed to survive for two weeks after we sent her to the swamp. But we'll see how she weasels her way out this time.”
 
 
 
Meanwhile, back at the village of Heiomachi,
 
 
Miyu sighed as she gently wiped her sword with a piece of cloth. As she gazed at her reflection on the shiny blade, she thought about how her life had changed so drastically in the past two weeks.
 
She, who led the luxurious life of a princess, was now forced to lead an ordinary life.
But still, Miyu didn't complain.
 
She had always wanted to leave the castle and see how it was to be an ordinary commoner.
 
 
And Kanata didn't make things any easier for her either. Now that she was staying at his place, it was agreed that they would share all the chores between themselves. But Kanata didn't do half of what he was supposed to do.
 
Miyu found it really difficult to adjust at first, but she had no other choice. Moreover, as she had told everyone that she was a cook, she couldn't act like she was new to this sort of life.
 
By now, she trusted Kanata enough to tell him that she was a princess but she thought it would be better this way. If the news reached Durian, she would be in big trouble.
 
She would have to tell Kanata everything eventually, but for now, she just had to fit in.
 
 
So, she worked hard and managed to get all her chores done properly.
Miyu tried preparing all sorts of dishes but Kanata always had something to complain about.
“How can you call yourself a cook? No wonder no one has given you a job!” he would say.
 
But Miyu saw that he ate the food anyway and even took second and third helpings. So she just kept quiet and didn't argue. Otherwise, he was bearable enough.
Besides, she had other things to worry about. She wanted to search for her brother. She had no idea what he looked like and
 
 
 
 
“Why the heck do you keep on shining that sword if you don't even know how to use it?” retorted a very familiar voice.
 
Miyu snapped out of her thoughts and turned her head to see Kanata leaning against her door.
“What do you mean by `don't know how to use it'?” she asked.
 
“Well, for one instance you couldn't fight those wolves.” he said, smirking.
 
“That was different! I was already exhausted after wading through the swamp.” She countered.
 
“Now, why don't you give that beautiful sword to me? I'll make good use of it.” He said and steeped forward with his hand outstretched.
 
Miyu jumped to her feet and pointed the sword at his neck “If you want it, then why don't you fight me? Whoever wins gets the sword.”
 
Kanata rolled his eyes and said, “I don't to waste my time playing with a helpless young girl.”
“I think the truth is that you are afraid of losing to a `helpless' young girl, Kanata.” She said, tauntingly.
 
 
She seemed to have struck a nerve because Kanata unsheathed his sword and said, “Very well, as you wish.”
 
He lazily twirled it around and yawned “Come get me.”
Miyu charged forward and Kanata had to quickly defend himself. “Not bad for a girl.”
 
As they continued fighting, Kanata was really surprised at how skillfully she was handling the sword.
Half an hour passed and still, all they managed to do was to inflict damage on each others clothes. Kanata's sleeves had been cut off and Miyu's ankle length skirt had been reduced up to her knees.
 
 
Miyu was equally surprised at Kanata's skill. No one had ever managed to cut even a single strand of her long blonde hair before.
 
At one point both their swords were knocked out of their hands. As Kanata tried to get to his sword which was nearer, Miyu launched at him, knocking him to the ground, “No you don't!!” she cried, victoriously
 
 
Just then, Mizuno burst inside the room saying, “I've got great news for you!!”
But as her eyes fell on the two of them, she turned bright red and cried out, “SORRY!! You two do whatever you were doing. I didn't see anything!!” and ran out of the room.
 
 
Miyu just stared at the door and said, “What's wrong with her?” and turned towards Kanata.
Then, she suddenly realized what Mizuno had thought she had seen.
 
She was practically on top of Kanata!!
 
She screamed, turning beetroot red, and jumped away from him and ran after Mizuno, “IT”S NOT WHAT YOU THINK!!!”
 
Mizuno was sitting at the table, still blushing, “I'm ever so sorry. I should have knocked and I didn't even know that something was going on between you two”
 
“No, no. We were fighting….” Miyu tried to explain.
 
But Mizuno just held up her hand and said, “It's alright. I won't tell anyone.”
 
“I'm not lying. We were sword fighting and I got carried away and pushed him to the ground. That's all!!”
 
 
Mizuno merely laughed it off, “Ok, you two were fighting. I get it”
Miyu blushed like crazy. She had never been more embarrassed.
 
“Anyway, I came here to tell you that Mizuki and I are going to the next Mikan to visit Mikan today. She came back from her trip. So I was going to ask you to come along. And maybe we can also do a bit of shopping.”
 
 
“That's a great idea. I wanted to go there to buy some new weapons. Why don't we all go?” suggested Kanata, who had just come downstairs.
 
“Yes, and you'll definitely need some new clothes, Miyu.” Mizuno replied and with a quick glance at her torn dress, whispered, “The next time you two make out, I suggest you ask him to be more careful or you'll have to go shopping for new clothes every other day.”
 
“I TOLD YOU THAT THERE'S NOTHING GOING ON BETWEEN US!!!!” Miyu screamed, still blushing.
 
“What's going on between who?” asked a very puzzled Kanata.
 
Miyu jerked her head around angrily and screamed at him, “IT'S ALL YOUR FALUT!!!” With that, she stomped upstairs and banged her door shut.
 
“What did I do?” asked Kanata, clearly not having understood anything.
 
Mizuno just chuckled and said, “She will be alright. By the way, we'll be going there this afternoon. Why don't you both come after lunch?”
 
“Fine, I'll bring her.” said Kanata.
 
“Oh Kanata, you are finally growing up to be a fine young man. Miyu is definitely one lucky girl.” She said cheerily and left.
 
Kanata just scratched his head and said to himself, “Wonder what that was about?”
 
 
Miyu jerked her head around angrily and screamed at him, “IT'S ALL YOUR FALUT!!!” With that, she stomped upstairs and banged her door shut.
“What did I do?” asked Kanata, clearly not having understood anything.
 
Mizuno just chuckled and said, “She will be alright. By the way, we'll be going there this afternoon. Why don't you both come after lunch?”
 
“Fine, I'll bring her.” said Kanata.
 
“Oh Kanata, you are finally growing up to be a fine young man. Miyu is definitely one lucky girl.” She said cheerily and left.
Kanata just scratched his head and said to himself, “Wonder what that was about?”
 
 
 
 
Later that afternoon, Miyu and Kanata set off with Mizuki and Mizuno to the next town. Miyu ended up having to ride with Kanata. He complained that it was too much of a burden, but secretly, he was glad she wasn't with Mizuki.
They reached the town in an hour.
 
 
Miyu was thrilled to see that the town was actually a harbour. She had always read about the sea, but she had never actually seen it. The calm deep blue was the most beautiful sight she had ever seen in her life. There were a few ships docked on shore.
 
 
They stopped in front of a really majestic bungalow with lush gardens.
“WOW!” Miyu exclaimed, “This is Mizuki's house?”
 
“Well, it's actually his sister's house. She is a novelist and her stories have fetched a lot of fortune from different kingdoms.” replied Kanata.
 
“What do you mean?” she asked.
 
“She sells her stories to merchants who pass by this dock, and they sell it to rich nobles. I heard that they are really popular among the royal families. So Mikan leads a pretty luxurious life here.”
 
“That's so wonderful!” exclaimed Miyu.
 
“Hey, are you two love birds going to sit there all day or are you going to come inside?” called out Mizuno.
 
Both of them blushed themselves silly. Miyu quickly got down from the horse and peeked at Mizuki to see if he had heard what Mizuno just said. But he was too busy talking, to a young woman with short red hair, to notice anything.
 
 
Eager to make a good first with impression, she hurried over and exclaimed, “Oh, it's so good to finally meet you, Miss Mikan!”
 
The young woman laughed, “I'm afraid I am not Mikan. I'm her assistant, Wanya. Miss Mikan hasn't arrived here just yet.”
“But she sent me a letter saying that she was already here.” protested Mizuki.
 
 
“Maybe she thought she would reach sooner and sent a letter earlier.” She replied.
“This is just like my stupid sister to do something like this. Oh well, let's go in and freshen up.”
 
The bungalow was big enough for each of them to have their rooms with two rooms to spare. Miyu was impressed. After freshening up and a nice tea, they all set out to explore the town.
The town was nothing like Miyu had ever seen. The place was packed with all sorts of people and it was very noisy.
 
 
Mizuno dragged Miyu into a dress shop and bullied her into trying out different outfits. The boys waited outside for a while but as the girls showed no sign of winding up, Kanata went inside and said to Mizuno, “Hey, we both are going to check out some stuff. We'll meet back at Mikan's place.”
 
 
“Sure.” Said Mizuno, dressed in an extremely frilly pink outfit, decked with glitters and ribbons “By the way, how do you like my dress?” she asked, dancing around the spot.
“Yeah, it's… great. Hehe he” *sweatdrop*
 
 
“By the way” he added, looking around the store “Where's Miyu?”
He had barely completed his sentence Miyu stepped out light-footedly from behind a curtain saying, “Mizuno, this dress is lovely. But I don't think I'll be able to afford it.”
 
 
Kanata stood there gaping at her as she appeared, clad in a delicate blue off shoulder dress with a flared skirt. Unlike Mizuno's it was plain, but it fitted perfectly around her slim figure and brought out the green of her eyes beautifully.
 
 
Miyu seemed flustered to see Kanata inside the store. “What are you doing inside?” she asked.
Kanata just stood there staring, without saying a word. Miyu squirmed uncomfortably. What was wrong with him?
 
Just then, Mizuki came inside, looking for Kanata.
“Oh wow!! You look incredibly gorgeous.” He exclaimed on seeing Miyu, only to receive a loud “Hmph!” from Mizuno.
 
 
“You look... uh… great too.” he said and added to Kanata “Let's go”
Kanata finally snapped out of his trance and left with Mizuki.
 
Miyu ended up buying ordinary clothes instead of the beautiful blue dress. She couldn't afford it and she didn't want to trouble Mizuno. There wasn't much money in the bag that her parents gave her. So she had to be very careful about how she spent it.
“Its alright.” she explained to Mizuno as they headed back “I'll buy it later. I don't need it right now.”
 
But Mizuno argued, “No, it was perfect for you. You should have let me buy it for you, Miyu.”
 
Miyu replied “Don't worry…” but her words trailed away as a group of formidable looking men approached them.
 
“Hello, ladies” said one of them. “Could you please take me to the bar?” he asked and linked his arm around Miyu's and began dragging her away.
 
 
“Leave me alone” she cried “I don't know where the stupid bar is. I'm new in town.”
 
“That solves everything, sweetie.” He said “That's exactly what I wanted to know.”
Miyu struggled to break free from him.
 
The other men pushed Mizuno out of the way, gagged Miyu with a piece of cloth and hoisted her onto a ship, docked nearby. Miyu put up a good struggle but what could she do without her sword against so many muscled men.
 
 
Mizuno couldn't believe that those men pulled off such a stunt in broad daylight. And already, passers-by were trying to board the ship to save Miyu.
 
And then something happened that made Mizuno's heart skip a beat- The ship unfurled a deadly looking flag with a sinister looking Skull.
 
It was a pirate ship!
And it was already sailing away…..
 
 
Too many things were happening in Miyu's life. And she didn't like it one bit.
 
 
 
 
A/N: I know I said I'll include Luu here but I couldn't. Guess I should stop giving hints about the later chapters.
Anyway, hope you all enjoyed it. If you did, then please do REVIEW…
 
Constructive criticism is always welcome. I really want to improve in any way I can.