Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Why Not ❯ Kanata Brings It Back ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3: Kanata Brings It Back
Disclaimer:
D!3 aint mine
- - - - - -

Miyu just sat there, staring at papers. God there were papers with such bad answers. She already memorized what the answer key's solutions were and with that, not to mention the answers in these papers were, all she does now is to put cross marks without hesitation. And you know what Saionji-sensei is doing at the moment? He is just watching her, with a look in his eye that suggests total control… or is it?

Miyu on the other hand isn't nervous; She isn't the type to get nervous that much. She has to take control like Nanami and Aya said. But she is easily annoyed. Especially by this teacher, what is he doing? Making sure her papers were marked correctly? Reading her mind? Or maybe checking her out!?

Miyu mentally cringed, 'Brrrg No time for thoughts like that'. So how long was she in there? She decided it was safe to catch a glance at the clock. Her mouth opened a little; she had only been inside there for 3 minutes! She groaned and returned to her papers.

3 minutes pass.
“…”

He's still watching.

Does he even need to blink?
Another three minutes passed and Miyu was on her last end of her nerves
 
“…”

“Alright,” Miyu splatter down the remaining test papers and looked at him dead on, “What the hell is your problem, Saionji?” She deliberately blurted on her sensei.

He didn't even budge on her seat. He just gave her a look and only smirked. “Wouldn't you like to know?”
`Calm down, Miyu." He's just trying to psyche you, that's all. He wont win unless we let him get the best of us.' With that on her thoughts she simmered down for a bit and huffed back on the test papers. Kanata is just enjoying his time of taunting.
 
And so on…
 
“Wow Nanami and Aya passed!” Miyu cheered on her friends with their papers on her hands.
 
“Is that surprising? Kanata said in a monotone. She stopped for a while and gave him a blank look. “Tenchi-san and Konishi-san pays attention in my class. They take my class rather seriously and don't get easily distracted.” Then he gave her another smirk. “Unlike somebody that I know”
 
“Oh Yeah?” she raised an eyebrow. “Then may I inquire what was grade then, Mr. Personality? Let me tell you something, I am capable enough in passing your tests to save my life.”
 
“Why are you so defensive?" Besides that wasn't the point. And in relation of your test grade, I haven't done with it yet.” Kanata just remained on his place.
 
“So that's why I can't find my paper. So when will you start checking it?”
 
“Later with Hanakomachi Christine and Sujimoto Natsumi.”
 
“Chris-san and Sujimoto-san?”
 
“I prefer checking their papers myself because those two always score the highest among the others.”
 
“Well yeah ofcourse they would. They also have the huge crushes on you among the others. They probably don't want you to be disappointed at them.” She spoke out ever so bluntly.
 
Now Kanata is aware of the crushes going on around him. It maybe flattering but shouldn't be left uncheck for his sake. “Oh is that a fact?”
 
“And why are you holding up my paper, anyway?”
 
“I prefer checking your paper just for the sheer amusement of you flunking it with flying colors just incase.” He spoke with a smug face.

Miyu has now out reached her last nerve and fallen off the cliff. She used a trick that she have learned for quite a while ago, and began counting silently.

1... 2... 3... 4... 5...
 
Kanata sensed something is about to happen but still wasn't budging.
 
6... 7... 8... 9... 10...
 
And with that last number, Miyu suddenly pounced at Kanata. Now normally a rational student wouldn't even do that to a rational teacher. But ofcourse, these are not your normal rational student and teacher, ne?

“ARGGHHHHHH!!!!!!”

Only two things that saved Miyu from getting into any trouble at all or further trouble in that matter: The fact that Aya and Nanami saw the whole thing outside from the door's glass window and they were quick enough to pull Miyu back after she jumped at Kanata. Also the fact that Kanata probably has tons of crazier fan girls than this one who are after him, so he knows how to handle a surprise attack or two.
******

“Miyu-chan no baka!” Aya and Nanami yelled at her in unison. “Datte he was just acting sooo....” Miyu scratch her head as she racked her brain in annoyance for an answer, ”SOOOOooOo...”

“Miyu-chan, he was just sitting there innocently.”

“THAT'S NOT THE POINT!” Miyu stomped her foot. “I'll gonna get him. I'll gonna get him good! He's so going down! I am gonna take him down, NO MATTER WHAT'S THE COST!”

Aya and Nanami just slowly backed away from the crazy and scheming girl in front of them. “Nanami-chan, she is doing that crazy scary maniacal evil laugh again…”
 
“MWA HA HA HA HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!”

- - - - - -
----Kouzuki Household, Miyu's room----

“Wannya-chan,” Miyu sighed petting the cat's tummy as her little brother Lu holding their pet. “As far as I am concerned you are Kami-sama right now. Do I have permission to never to go to that School again.” Miyu rested both of her hands on her cheeks.

MAO!” The cat began to growl and squirmed its tummy way from her.

I'll consider that as a no.” she glared at him and started rubbing his stomach again. “How about you Lu? I'll change my question. Do you think it is wise for onee-chan to go see that infernal math teacher of mine?”
 
“Aie-eee” Lu just answered her in baby talk.
 
Why am I asking the both of you anyways? You're no help at all. That's what I get for asking a pet and a baby.” Miyu just sighed and both patted each of them in their heads. “But then again, I should be more persistent, like you I guess.” she closed her eyes, “And not give up.”

- - - - - - -

So there they sat the next day and just like the previous one, there they were again. Miyu again grading papers silently, Kanata again staring at her silently. And once again her annoyance level is reaching peaks unheard off. However, unlike what happened the last time, she has extended her patience and regained restrain. Luck was still somehow on her side because Kanata didn't even add up another punishment for assault and battery. And it was like this, day after day, until Thursday that is…

::Beep::

“Hmm… ” They both blinked.

::Beep beep::

“Hmph,” Kanata growled. “Relax. It's just my cell phone. "I wonder who it could be.” He took glace at the cell phone registry and a huge joyful look crept on his face.

Miyu looked at him like a boy who is just about to open his present on a Christmas morning. Whoa, that wasn't in his personality.

“ Hello,” He said. “Hey how's it goin' Dad?!”
Miyu just pretended in concentrating on the papers as she quietly eavesdropping on the conversation. Kanata doesn't even bother to take the call elsewhere.

“No I don't want to go there in India.” He turned around his face away from Miyu. “Dad, we've been through this a thousand times I don't want to marry who ever it is you are trying to set me up with either! Is this the only reason you called?”

Silence. She leaned forward; she could hear slight buzzing on the other line. Hah, his Dad must be giving him an earful of preaching or something like a deep persuasion.

“ No I am not seeing anyone dad.” He put his head in his left hand; she could see his profile, and a slight tint of red to it. If it wasn't for the dislikeness she is feeling about her teacher she would have thought it was kinda adorable him getting all red because of that matter. “Look dad, if this is not going any further than this then I gotta go, I'm in the middle of grading papers so—“

Now Miyu is one of the spontaneous type. And we all know how the spontaneous types usually end up in the most compromising predicaments, right. So this is a perfect example of her planning to get even with Saionji-sensei.

Miyu snatched the cell phone from her teacher's hand, “Wait a second, sir. I just wanted to tell you, your son is way too modest on the phone, but to tell you the truth, he and I got engaged last week!”
“What the fu--” Kanata was in such a state of shock that he could not move. He could only helplessly watch as his student set out to ruin his life as she continues this…

“Oh you wish for me to call you father?” Miyu smirked and slowly looked at her teacher who is still staring blankly in space, “I am sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, my name is Kouzuki Miyu.”
 
Miyu looked a little shocked, then an even eviler look came to her face. “You have heard of my father and mother have you? So do you know about me then? They hardly talk about that kind of stuff in interviews you know.” Miyu listened intently on the other line.
 
“Well I don't think age should be a factor at all right? I mean if the love is true then it can conquer anything.” Miyu didn't know what she is talking about now. She was subconsciously talking too much. She didn't even know half the trouble she was in.
 
“Well I will talk to you later, bye! Love you…” Miyu then came a litter closer to Kanata for the coup d'grace. “DAD.”

She turned off the cell phone and put it in Kanata's front pocket, prancing off to go spend lunch with her best friends. The guy just stood there and still didn't know what happened. All he can think of now is Kouzuki, a boulder, a long sturdy rope, and a deep lake.

Man, she didn't know a quarter of the trouble she was in.

- - - - - - - -

After that event, Kanata was absent by the time her last period had come up. In fact, he was absent the entire week. The female students were getting restless because they were worried about what happened. The others were just relieved that they were free from the torments of Saionji-sensei's class.

-End of school Saturday-

Nanami and Aya knew about what Miyu did, but didn't really ...Know exactly. Let's just say that Miyu left out some key points for her own protection, like that she said she was engaged to Saionji-sensei, or the fact that she got on the phone with his father at all. Can't be too careful about what you say to people… especially when the subject is as delicate as Saionji Kanata.

“ I don't think the flu has been going around, it's way too early in the year for that.” Nanami said thoughtfully.
“There hasn't been anything that happened in the past week that can be related to his disappearance.” Aya added.

“No big loss,” Miyu shrugged. “I still don't get it why I have to deliver these stupid cards from those prissy girls to Saionji-sensei's apartment.”
“Yeah. I don't get that one myself. Perhaps they couldn't trust the other teachers to be bothered enough to bring them to him.” Aya deducted.
 
“Because for some reason, everyone thinks you have something with Saionji-sensei.”

Miyu tripped over her roller blades yet still managed to keep equilibrium.


“I mean, with you in his class room every lunch period, and everyone senses...” Then Nanami lowered her voice. ”Sexual tension.”

“ WWWHHHHHAAAATTTTTT!!!???”
 
“Now that makes a lot of sense. I think you brought it upon yourself, see ya later missy, your turn is here.” As they all stopped in front of a building,
 
After a few more squabbles of denial, Miyu slowly waved to Nanami and Aya then turned to see head straight to the apartment building. She sighed, a deep heavy sigh.
 
As she climbed a few stairs and look on the numbers of each door she pass by, she couldn't help but think about what she'll see in a male teacher's place. Eventually she found what she was looking for.

Miyu knocked on the door.

“Who is it?” A voice inside said.

Miyu thought quick and disguised her voice. She was thinking a little surprise would be an order. “Um this is one of the students from the school. Since you been sick and all, I was sent to deliver some get well cards and homework that we've done.”

“Cut the act Kouzuki, I can see you.”

Miyu almost jumped as she saw him looking out his window. Only an idiot would not have thought of that obvious fact. Crap, how had she not seen that? But Miyu was quick, she jumped to the offense.

“Yeah, sick are we? You're just faking it, aren't you?”

“No. I'm trying to explain to my father that I am NOT marrying my 17 year old student, mind you.” He shot her a glare.

Miyu rolled her eyes. “Actually its 16, 17 tomorrow.” Then she cocked her hip to the side, “Besides that's only like, four and a half year difference.”

“Oh so you are suggestion that I propose to you Kouzuki?”

Miyu flinched. ”Uh no, um I was—“
 
She proceeded to blush a deep red. “I meant...”

“Right what ever keep your sick fantasies to yourself, will you?” Kanata whisked opens the door.
 
“My stuff then?” Miyu was about to hand him his stuff, when she noticed something, “It's.... so.... clean!” She pushed past her teacher and began to look around.

“HEY! What do you think you are doing?” Kanata turned around trying to get back at the girl who just broke an entry.

“I am looking around, you dope.” Miyu walked into the kitchen, “Damn, either you don't cook anything, or you were a maid in a past life, I can't keep anything neat for my life.”

“As shown by your handwriting, now will you PLEASE leave now?
 
“No way, I'm going to watch some T.V.” Miyu mused while walking towards the entertainment unit in the living room.

Now it was Kanata's turn to count to ten.

One... “OOOOoooOOoo CABLE! I haven't watched a TV with cable for a long time.”
 
Two... “Wow! I need to break in here more often! Look at all these channels.”
 
Three... “Man I didn't know you watched TV. I thought you were more the read
Books type and do not have a life.
 
Four... “Oh My God! A 24/7 Anime channel! Yey! Yey!”
 
Five... “Hey Saionji-kun can I come here more often?”
 
Okay, To HELL with this counting thing. Just like what happened earlier, Kanata lunged at her.

“AHHHGGG! Rape! Rape!”
 
“Would you shut up and just hand back the remote Kouzuki and you won't be hurt.” He growled.

“OOoOoOhhh roughness, I like that in a man.” She somehow still managed to keep the remote away from her stronger, larger and taller teacher.
Then comes a rather awkward chain of events. He screamed in sheer frustration, pinned one of her down on the floor with his hand, and grabbed her wrist with the other hand. Miyu's hair was disorganized and scattered on the floor. Both are not even aware of their current situation… yet.
 
“Alright let go of the remote, and get out while you are at it.”

“Now just before we move,” Miyu smirked, “I want you to consider the awkward yet suggestive position you are in with your poor little defenseless student.”

Kanata had the `irk' face on. But why they haven't separated yet?

“Now my only condition for me not spreading this around is that I get an `A' when I DESERVE it. No grading me harder, no B's, cause I know my Math by heart and can do it in my SLEEP.”
“I know. Remember your paper?”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“I lied. I already checked several days ago. You passed with flying colors. I don't like your method during class but it is still an A well earned.”
 
“Really?”
 
“…”
 
“…”
 
Silence. Now they are just taking their time here. Kanata and Miyu then began realizing the moment and started changing facial color as they kept on staring at each other's eyes.

“Okay,” Kanata blushed and stood up brushing himself off, “Also for your...
`misbehavior' both in and out of class, you have to help me grade papers, AFTER your cheerleading practice, until the end of the year. Got that?” He offered his hand for her to use it as a support.

“...”
 
Miyu blinked, “WHAT?!”
 
- - - - - -
--The Next Day---

“Okay, Miyu-chan, what the heck is the score now?”

“Even 4 to 4. The phone thing was counted as 2 points.”

“You're taking this thing you call `competition' way too seriously, aren't you Miyu-chan?”

Miyu shrugged, “It's more exciting that way.”

“Well regardless, I can't wait for your party tonight. So where is it gonna be?”

“You know that nice Italian place?”

“Hai.”
 
“On main street, uh huh.”

“There, it'll be totally awesome.”

“Un, I am sure it will be.” Then Nanami thought for a second, “So will your Kanata-koi be there?”

Miyu just chased Nanami as Aya just watched them fool around.
 
 
tsuzuku