Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Why Not ❯ Miyu Wonders ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

WHY NOT
 
Chapter 12: Miyu Wonders
 
Disclaimer: D!3 not mine and song “I wont Say I'm in Love”
 
A/N: The bold words are part of the Flashback scene while the italic words are part of the song “I wont Say I'm In love” from the animated motion picture Hercules.
 
P.S. Enjoy
 
 
========
 
 
“You've got to be kidding me!” Kanata shouted at the receiver of the phone. “Kanata please you really have to help me.” The other end of the phone pleaded to him. “Don't you have girl friends to ask about those kind of things?” Kanata continued to repel from the favor. He's been pacing back and forth at the front of his table. It's only a few minutes before his next class, actually Miyu Kouzuki's.
 
“To tell you the truth I thought I can handle my part all by myself but I was wrong.” The other end said apologetically. “And you have to call me first all of the sudden? What in the world were you doing anyway forgetting something very important as that?” Kanata said annoyingly.
 
“I thought handling the details first would be better so I kinda put `that' one the last thing on my list. But time flew so fast and it kinda slipped my mind.” Said the person on the other end. “It's only 4 more weeks away!” Kanata shouted again. “I'm aware of that so don't beat around the bush. I'm only this close to be panicking right now.” Said the other end to him.
 
“Let's just say that if I agreed, if you couldn't find where to get one then what makes you think a guy like me could do it?” Kanata retaliated with a question. “Well you can ask somebody in your school. Please Kanata, help me.” The other person said and Kanata just scratched his head in frustration. He promised that he would try to help this subject on hand seems out of his line of knowledge. He was hoping to help with the other things but since the most of the details were already taken care of, he couldn't escape from his promise.
 
Then suddenly, his eyes were averted to the girl who took a few steps to come inside his classroom. “Oh, pardon me. The door was open and you were preoccupied at the moment so I decided to let my self in quietly to my seat.” The girl said. A smiled etched on Kanata's face when he looked at the girl that he knows so well. He just nodded his head acknowledging the girl's gesture and took his cellphone back to his ear again. “Hello, about that matter, I think I have someone here that might help the both of us.” Kanata still continued to smile at the girl who just came in making her blush all shades of red. “Really Kanata? Oh that is so great.” The other end of the phone sounded with glee.
 
“I'll call you back on the developments, alright. Besides my class is about to begin.” Kanata saw the other bunch of his students flocking in. “What are you looking at?” Miyu said to him still putting a façade that both of them can't stand each other to the rest of the school body. Kanata kept his smile despite of that and got back to his phone. “Alright Kanata. Thank you so much. Ja ne.” said the person on the other side. “Bye bye, Akira.” He said softly to the receiver and ended the call right there.
 
He placed his phone on his pocket and straightened himself before standing on the back of his table. The class were all accounted for and stood up beside their respective seats. The class representative led the class from standing up, greeting the teacher, to seating back down. With all of the formalities done, he started the class by giving a math problem only to be directed at some girl named Miyu Kouzuki for that witty remark earlier.
 
 
===================
 
 
---Meanwhile in the Administrative Office---
 
“Headmistress I don't think we should let this thing go on!” said a female teacher on her late twenties to the stern looking headmistress of the Heiomachi high school. “Mizuno-sensei”, said the headmistress looked at the teacher whose both hands landed on her white table, “we already had this conversation before, had we not?” the headmistress continued. Mizuno sensei retracted one of her hands from where it laid. “But headmistress, this is the third time that this kind of thing happened.”
 
The headmistress just slumped back on her foam chair and took of her glasses with her right hand while rubbing her forehead by the looks of what Mizuno-sensei said. “Don't tell me you've been listening with these rumors again, Mizuno sensei. This is not a good habit for someone at your age. You should know better than that.”
 
Ms. Mizuno's face didn't changed. She knows for certain that she is not basing the issue simply with rumors this time. This time, she can really feel on her gut that there really is something going on around the institution's halls especially at that “particular” male teacher involved in the rumors. “Headmistress, I'm sure that you are already aware of the situation. Most of the student body have been circulating this issue and I'm pretty certain that the rest of the school faculty have been acknowledging the probability of the rumors validity.”
 
The headmistress just rotated her chair and looked outside her window, looking at the happy students doing their usual routine school activities and leisure. “Mizuno sensei, as like before, we couldn't validate the veracity of the situation. Yes the we could say that the faculty has been instructed to keep a watchful eye on him but there was no proof ever presented up to this time about the accusations.”
 
Ms. Mizuno's eyebrows met in frustration. She already knows that fact. True that listening to the constant rumors from the exaggerated teenagers may not help as well as relying on her gut feeling, but her gut feeling has never failed her before. However she is also aware that confronting him wouldn't be professionally right without even having a single bit of evidence. This alone made it difficult on account of that, the alleged teacher has always been observed by the rest of the faculty as an aloof person yet nevertheless courteous and cooperative enough so does speak.
 
“But don't you think that it's odd that the others involved our from his class?”. The headmistress didn't moved from her current spot. “I remember the time when you came to my office and said that he was involved with Hanakomachi Christine. We investigated it secretly but we found nothing to support that allegation. Then there was time that you came here again and reported that he was linked with Sujimoto Natsumi but the incident was proven false. Now we are here once again and basing it all again on rumors that he is again on thin ice with one of his students, Kouzuki Miyu.”
 
The headmistress finally turned around and faced Mizuno sensei, now with her glasses on with lenses reflecting the light hence covering her eyes behind them. “What do you expect for us to do this time, Mizuno-sensei?” Ms. Mizuno balled her fists and thought that awareness of the issue would be better at this time, carefully enough until she finds out for herself that he is guilty. “Allow me to have a general assembly with the whole student body in the school gymnasium, Headmistress.”
 
The superior didn't even flinched but she already knew that this was coming. “Ooh? A general assembly you say? Very well I'll schedule the whole thing.” Ms. Mizuno bowed her head to that acknowledgment showing her thanks for the headmistress then started heading to the door. “Mizuno sensei” she stopped with her hand already on the knob.
 
“Please act accordingly at the moment especially think very well about the things you will be saying on your requested event because even the faculty will be joining, including him.” The headmistress said in a calm but enforcing tone. With that said, she turned the knob and before even stepping outside she gave a nod. “I understand headmistress. Thank you for your time.”
 
The headmistress just released a big sigh. Things are really getting complicated. Now she is beginning to think that perhaps hiring him wasn't a good idea after all to say the least, if this keeps up. But armed with her faith and belief in him, she would remain neutral about the whole thing surrounding the allegations towards him and the involved three students.
 
She waited a few minutes to make sure that Mizuno sensei has left the administration building and resumed her class. After that she assumed that it was all clear, she averted her glance to the intercom on her table and pushed the button. “Good afternoon, Madame headmistress” said the voice of her secretary from the intercom. “Do you want to see “him” again to your office?”
 
The headmistress just gave a small chuckle that her secretary has an ear and wit of a fox but she is sure not her secretary wasn't eaves dropping but came to a conclusion her secretary wasn't that naïve especially when Mizuno steps inside the administrative building. “Yes but could you please go to him personally this time and fetch him for me. I don't want Mizuno sensei to hear his name being broadcasted to the entire school that he is being summoned once again to face “this” issue again.”
 
“I understand, headmistress. I'll get Saionji-sensei immediately.”
 
“On second thought…” the headmistress said abruptly. “I think I'll still stick to my instinct here. Maybe I'm just getting paranoid like Mizuno-sensei.”
 
“Are you sure, Madame? Do we have to wait for the outcome of this controversy again?” her secretary said with concern. “They say that the third time is the charm. Still, something tells me that this time is not like the previous two.”
 
“And what of Mizuno-sensei's request?”
 
“She will get that general meeting. It's better to meet with the issue head on rather than letting the rumors circulate to our gradual ruin, don't you think?”
 
 
===========
 
---Free Time---
 
“Miyu-chan?”
 
 
“Miyu-chan?”
 
 
“MIYU-CHAN!”
 
“AAAH WHAT?” Miyu fell from her side of the bench from that kind of shock from none other than her friends. Luckily nobody is giving much of attention to her fall. Everybody else on the surrounding seems to be enjoying the day with their various happy activities.
 
Some students were reading thick academic books under the trees and even the school ground grass. Not bad reading spots than the library if you appreciate places that neither too noisy nor too quiet. Since the student lounges and bleachers are full of noisy kids. Some students prefer reading comic books.
 
The majority are just happy go lucky students who are busy with their routine gossips, meaningless chatter, and dumb tomfoolery. Some girls are squealing like crazy watching their crushes play physical activities while some girls are discussing the latest events on the cheesy soap operas that are airing on the local television.
 
Some boys on contrary are at it with their debates on who have reached the higher level in a popular role-playing game, some boys are busy with their talks about other manly related stuff, while some hormone driven boys are at the school track drooling over the girls short bloomers.
 
Yep. Just your typical student body action day after day, however Miyu seems not to be in the mood to submit herself to the school routine. “What is it?”
 
“You seem to be out of it since we got here, Miyu-chan.” Nanami said
 
“Is something bothering you?” Aya, Miyu's other friend said.
 
Nanami and Aya. Miyu is so lucky to have found reliable friends on her first day. They have been so supportive and understanding to her that she felt like they know her from head to toe already. Christine does contribute on the little posse of girls but she is mostly seen with the Saionji-worshippers.
 
Miyu knows better than to mingle with those people because it wouldn't be healthy for her if they know that she was at their `object of desire's place again after the basketball game. In fact, they shared another moment last night at dinner right after their one on one heart to heart talk.
 
--Start of Flashback—
 
“Why are you being this nice to me?” she asked suspiciously wondering what he was up to. Kanata had no idea why he was being so nice, and couldn't find a suitable answer. He had no idea why he followed her out here to begin with. “Well?”
 
“I don't know,” he admitted truthfully. Looking a the sky he smiled at the full new, “Maybe the full moon brings out the gentleman in me,”
 
“Riiiight. That's cheesy.” she smiled, her mood lightening some.
 
“It was, wasn't it?” he grinned when Miyu lifted the glass of iced tea to her lips only to pause. “Yeah, I hope you didn't used that to Akira,” she told him holding out the glass to him. Lifting his hand he took it from her. She didn't need to drink in order to make herself feel good because her mood was already better.
 
“You're the first.”
 
“Good, because I'm afraid to say you wouldn't get anything with such lines,” he chuckled at her insult standing up. When they weren't at each other's necks, he found her humor to be very gratifying.
 
“Thank you,” she laughed standing up with him. “Well, I think it's time to hit the hey. I want to catch up on my Zs.” Miyu started to walk first out of the dining room while he follows at her direction.
 
“Don't sweat.” he stopped when Miyu suddenly stop walking. Turning he gasp when she flew into him, pushing him heavily against the hedges of the plants that lined the maze. “Kouzu—” his words were cut off when she captured his lips in a sweet kiss. It was the only way she knew how to thank him.
 
“Hmmm,” she sighed moving from his lips. With a dreamy expression she looked at his shocked face, soft giggle escaping her lips. “Did I say thank you?” She inquired slipping off him. “If I didn't, I just want to say thank you again,” she winked at him walking off.
 
Shaking his head to regain his senses, he turned watching her form utterly speechless. Opening his mouth, he closed it reaching up to run his hand through his hair. “Damn,” he whispered walking off as well.
 
 
--End of Flashback—
 
 
“Nah. I'm just not on the cheery side at the moment that's all.” Miyu smiled weakly to her friends.
 
“That's odd. We didn't do anything or go someplace that was upsetting.” Aya said
 
“And Saionji-sensei is being such a sorehead to any of us as always.” Nanami added.
 
“C'mon Nanami-chan, why mention him all of the sudden?” said by an annoyed Miyu.
 
“Well let's just say that the bomb shell that you have dropped upon us the other day made our imagination go rampid.” Nanami shrugged.
 
“As if that you're imagination couldn't go crazier.”
 
“But Miyu-chan, don't you get it? Every assumption that Nanami-chan and I have joked didn't classified as jokes anymore. I mean all of those times that you two made out?” Aya giggled at the very thought of Miyu and Saionji-sensei hot action.
 
“Aya-chan please don't say that out loud and people might hear you.” Miyu instructed as she tries to hide the reddish coloration of her face. “Besides couldn't you put it more sensitively like kissed than made out?”
 
“Well that is because you watch Oprah while I watch Springer. Deal with it.” Aya defended.
 
“Regardless, are you sure that you and Saionji-sensei are not a …” Nanami paused as she looked both sides to see if anyone within the proximity is around. “ A you know what?” Nanami's eyebrows went up and down suggesting a mischievous and controversial thought of a forbidden involvement.
 
Well it's true that Miyu is lucky to have friends like these. Actually the truth of the matter is that they can be more vicious than the Kanata-worshippers when it comes to know the truth about this kind of things.
 
It seemed that it was the right thing to do at that time when she approached Aya and Nanami for some advice, the time when she was in a very compromising situation with Kanata the other day and Miyu's brain fortunately kicked her back in to her senses before they even go beyond the first base. It's kinda weird thinking all about it this way.
 
She actually got the chance to live in Kanata's pad for sometime until her father comes back from the states. Both individuals thought that everything became more awkward between them but their own playful side still triumphed.
 
They got the time to explore each other's personality as well to learn more about where one stands from the other's feelings, the very things that kept them preoccupied and molded them to what they are now respectively. Each is trying to relieve the other from their ghosts by active listening and positive feedback. Heck, and they have even made an agreement if she is really willing to live only next room to him during that the same talk they had.
 
--Start of Flashback--
 
She felt like crying. No. She already is. Kanata noticed a few drops of her tears marking on his shirt. Kanata wrapped his arms around her and put his head atop her, "I'm so sorry Kouzuki. If I can do anything..."
 
"Hold me close." She whispers snuggling closer to him, "That's all I need."
 
Kanata clutched on tight to her. He had never seen her afraid, and right now it just felt like he was being torn apart inside.
 
"That's how I fell for her." Kanata let a smile grace his lips, "I was really in a pretty bad state back then but somehow, she was there for me, and without really saying it to me directly, she have said the things that I wanted to hear.
 
"You must have really cared for her." Miyu says quietly. Kanata only nods. She heard enough. She envisioned the story inside her thoughts and caught the very thought of everything that it stood for. “Have you forgiven her yet?”
 
“Of course. She's still my friend after all.” Kanata murmured. Miyu felt him trembling. It must have taken a lot of composure to remember the whole thing after all these years, and then tell it with a straight face. “Did you ever regretted having your bad memories with her?” she asked, hoping that he could answer for the both of them. She wanted to know now at this point, about how one can emerge from the very root of all the bad memories she has to put up with Seiya because somewhere in between, she did almost fell in love with him. She wanted to believe back then that Seiya would be the one to understand.
 
“I did, once, when the very thought of she forgetting about me knocked.”
 
“I see…”
 
“But…”
 
“But?”
 
"But I always think… that I will always cherish all my memories to the end… even if they are sad memories that hurt me so deeply. Even if it's so sad that I wish I'd forget about them forever. If I can bear them and not run away from them, then someday… someday, it will make me a stronger person.”
 
Miyu lifted herself to look at his face once more. She thought that he might be crying as well. He just faced the window and stared at the dark evening sky, solemnly.
 
“I want to... believe that. I want to believe... I do believe... no memories should ever be forgotten forever. Honestly, I didn't want Akira to forget about me. But... that's just my selfishness... it's a secret, ok?"
 
He did answer… He did answer for the both of them willingly. She is just thankful for that at the moment.
 
"Alright Saionji lets make a pact." Miyu pulls away, "We'll never ever be in the same room when your naked and I am in my cheerleading out fit."
 
Kanata pouts, "Awww but that was so much fun." She smacks him on the arm. Miyu lifted her hand and so does Kanata. However, Miyu retracted back her hand and smiled coyly. “What's the matter?” he asked her.
 
“I have a better idea. How about a kiss to seal our deal?” she asked him cutely. Shaking his head, he grinned wondering if she would ever give up on him. He is really going to jail, much worse most probably hell.
 
“Fine,” he agreed wanting this pact to go into effect because it would hopefully lessen her unpredictable nature. He stood up and hoisted her with him from the bed. Moving her arms into his unbuttoned shirt, she wrapped them around his torso tiptoeing. Bending his head, he watched her eyes slid shut, before closing his.
 
Gently their lips touched in a soft kiss sealing their deal. When she moved her hands from his torso to around his neck, he held her body drawing her closer to him. The kiss intensified, as they got lost in each other's sweetness, the cold air fading to the back of their minds. Unconsciously he drew her closer to him, holding protectively on her small form. The other kisses they shared were intense but never felt anything like this. Maybe there was a difference because he actually CONSENTED to this one, which is very wrong to begin with, not to mention that all of their past mishaps.
 
It only ended for a mere second before he gave her another kiss. Miyu followed him sharing another lip lock before small pecks. Breathing heavily, they stared into each other's eyes. Kanata's heart racing. “Wow,” Miyu whispered wanting more of that and then some.
 
“Yeah,” He agreed making her laugh. He knew if he didn't let go of her soon, he might steal another kiss, which wasn't a good idea. Smiling wickedly, she gave him one last kiss before reluctantly removing her hands from his neck. She wrapped her arms around him resting her head on his chest. In turn he wrapped his around her, trying to keep her warm.
 
 
--End of Flashback—
 
 
 
OH Boy, what the hell was she thinking now, not to mention what the hell were they thinking back then?
 
If there's a prize for rotten judgment
I guess I've already won that
No man is worth the aggravation
That's ancient history, been there, done that!
 
Nevertheless, she only told Aya and Nanami their past incidents as simply putted as `kisses' and described them as `spurt of the moment' thing. It was also right for her to hold back the details of every incident. She didn't like being only this truthful to them but it can't be helped.
 
Who'd'ya think you're kiddin'
He's the Earth and heaven to you
Try to keep it hidden
Honey, we can see right through you
Girl, ya can't conceal it
We know how ya feel and Who you're thinking of
 
Knowing that the female's sixth sense is more powerful and mysterious than the male's, she is quite aware that denying something faultily to somebody like them is like desperately trying to be brave in front of a wild animal that can smell fear. So she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. With that little amount of time, she was able to conjure up words inside her mind and look at their eyes for sincerity.
 
No chance, no way
I won't say it, no, no
You swoon, you sigh
Why deny it, uh-oh
It's too cliche
I won't say I'm in love
 
“How many times do I have to tell you guys that it is NOT gonna happen?” Miyu said every word sternly, enough that they don't show a bit of frustration, anguish, annoyance or hesitance. She just wished that they could take a hint this time.
 
I thought my heart had learned its lesson
It feels so good when you start out
My head is screaming get a grip, girl
Unless you're dying to cry your heart out
 
Aya and Nanami may not be the sharpest knives on the drawer but they so can take a hint. A girl would just settle for an obvious denial but Miyu was prepared to deliver the pitch. But of course that doesn't mean they would let go of their digging just like that.
 
You keep on denying
Who you are and how you're feeling
Baby, we're not buying
Hon, we saw ya hit the ceiling
Face it like a grown-up
When ya gonna own up
That ya got, got, got it bad
 
“So why were you all silent a while ago?”
 
Miyu just dropped her head on disappointment. It seems that the subject of today's discussion will be centered again about him. She really didn't like it that even though he is not around he always ends up being talked about by somebody. She really doesn't understand how much popularity can one aggravating math teacher get.
 
No chance, now way
I won't say it, no, no
Give up, give in
Check the grin you're in love
This scene won't play,
I won't say I'm in love
 
This time, she is lost for words. Kanata was being the whipping teacher as always. He even gave the first problem solving to her all because she asked him what he was looking at, Kouzuki style.
 
You're way off base I won't say it
Get off my case I won't say it
Girl, don't be proud
It's O.K. you're in love
 
Then again, it's not that at all. It's how Kanata looked earlier. He was smiling when he was talking with somebody on his cell phone. She didn't know exactly if he was smiling at someone or he was smiling because he was talking with someone. However, if she knows him as half as she thinks she does, she could only guess that the only could really make him lighten up like that is Akira.
 
"But I always think... that I will always cherish all my memories to the end… even if they are sad memories that hurt me so deeply. Even if it's so sad that I wish I'd forget about them forever. If I can bear them and not run away from them, then someday... someday, it will make me a stronger person.”
 
Kanata did confirmed about his thoughts about Akira back then. He took sometime to say them to somebody else but they all came from his mouth. She admired him for being so level headed, being loyal, and being a `stiff-of-a-lip' kinda guy. Only a rare number of men are like that.
 
“I want to... believe that. I want to believe... I do believe... no memories should ever be forgotten forever. Honestly, I didn't want Akira to forget about me. But... that's just my selfishness... it's a secret, ok?"
 
For some strange reason, she felt a pang on her chest. Having that thought on her mind, the conclusion that Akira will always play a vital part on his life emerged again… but why? She didn't know why it hurts now that she remembered Kanata's words about her even though it didn't matter to Miyu.
 
“Honestly, I didn't want Akira to forget about me. But... that's just my selfishness...”
 
Is that it? Is that the reason why she feels upset? Is she becoming envious of Akira because she will always have somebody as caring as Kanata?
 
“But... that's just my selfishness...”
 
Or is it because she feels awe for Kanata because somebody as wonderful as Akira couldn't see the truth with her eyes?
 
“It's a secret, ok?"
 
It's like no matter what she does to help him cope up, somehow the Akira factor will always be there to either make him feel better or make him feel worse.
 
Nanami and Aya just stared at her quietly as Miyu gazed at the horizon in her own silence. Miyu didn't give much attention about everything else that has happened between herself and Kanata.
 
All of those intimate moments that they have shared were considered only as stupid things that should have, would have and could have been prevented. Atleast she thought they were. Afterall, they were all just a `spurt of the moment' kind of things, right? The only thing that will remain constant is that he will always be the math teacher with an attitude and she will always be the smart-aleck pupil.
 
Oh
At least out loud,
I won't say I'm in love
 
“What does he think of me… I wonder?” Miyu murmured to herself.
 
“Does this mean that Saionji-sensei's Female Socialization Lessons will stop?” Nanami asked. Miyu's eyes shot back up. She almost forgot the point of it all. She… no… they wanted him to be more inept with the female gender and to be more sociably equipped with knowledge on handling himself well around or being with close with them.
 
Miyu personally agreed to the plan because she didn't want girl's like Natsumi gets a hold of their teacher. He doesn't need someone like that, a vane girl who changes her boyfriends as often as she changes her clothes.
 
Got to think of it, the only girls that Kanata really has “that” much contact with him are previously Akira and now technically Miyu. Well out of all the Kanata worshippers, Christine would have their vote.
 
“Hey guys look at that.” Aya noticed two people inside Saionji-sensei's room. The first one is certainly their young math teacher and with him is a female. The long wavy pink hair is a sure give away.
 
“Are my eyes playing tricks on me or I'm seeing Saionji-sensei with Christine?” Nanami narrowed her eyes to have a clearer look. “Wow, Christine sure does holding her own this time.”
 
“Why did you say that?” Miyu asked her friend
 
“Normally when Christine gets within atleast three feet with Saionji-sensei, she would stutter or babble like an infant. But when it comes to serious and officials business she can function alright.” Nanami explained. “But what's odd is that Saionji-sensei only keeps students after class when they did something wrong. I mean, the only one I know who should be there with him is Miyu-chan”
 
“That is Odd. Why would be talking with Christine? Perhaps Saionji-sensei has something important to discuss with Christine. Let's just hope it wont lead to anymore scandals.” Aya shrugged. “Although it's been a while since they did this kind of thing after class before those disasters occurred.”
 
“Disasters?”
 
“Oh didn't we tell you?” Aya looked at the blonde girl. “When Saionji-sensei was still a few days new here, they said that he was `involved' with Chris-chan and then with Natsumi but not until just recently.”
 
“Just like the rumors circulating of you romantically involved with him.” Nanami pointed out. “Only in their case it started a little differently.”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“OH MY GOD! ARE THEY KISSING????!!!”
 
Tsuzuku
 
(Read and Review)