Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Why Not ❯ Kanata Abstains ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

WHY NOT Chapter 13
 
Kanata Abstains
 
Disclaimer: D!3 Not Mine
 
 
========
 
 
“OH MY GOD! ARE THEY KISSING?”
 
Miyu's eyes shot up as soon as she has heard Nanami yelled those words. She wasn't expecting one of the last things that would happen. Kanata and Christine? Kissing? Within the school premises? During school Hours?
 
Aya marched off to the couple in question. “Akane and Santa what do you think you're doing?”
 
Wait up…
 
Santa and Akane? Kissing? Within the school premises? During school hours?
 
“Oh it's only Santa and Akane” Miyu gave a big sigh of release. Nanami just gave her an odd look “What do you mean it's only Santa and Akane? Just who do you think you have in mind?”
 
“Betsuni, Nandemonaiwa Nanami-chan” Miyu waved her arms in dismissal of the subject to cover her falsification. “Let's just do as Aya-chan is doing and find out what's happening between those two, shall we?”
 
“Yeah. Killing time would be much faster if we hassle somebody else beside ourselves. It's still too early for our sixth period.” Nanami looked at her watch.
 
“OH NO!” Miyu screeched.
 
“Miyu-chan Nani?”
 
“I forgot my notebook somewhere when I was doing our assignment for sixth period!”
 
“You mean you haven't done it up until today?”
 
“Well I was about to do it last night before I retired to bed but something came up…”
 
“What came up?”
 
---Start of Flashback---
 
“Well, I think it's time to hit the hey. I want to catch up on my Zs.” Miyu started to walk first out of the dining room while he follows at her direction.
 
“Don't sweat.” he stopped when Miyu suddenly stop walking. Turning he gasp when she flew into him, pushing him heavily against the hedges of the plants that lined the maze. “Kouzu—” his words were cut off when she captured his lips in a sweet kiss. It was the only way she knew how to thank him.
 
“Hmmm,” she sighed moving from his lips. With a dreamy expression she looked at his shocked face, soft giggle escaping her lips. “Did I say thank you?” She inquired slipping off him. “If I didn't, I just want to say thank you again,” she winked at him walking off.
 
Shaking his head to regain his senses, he turned watching her form utterly speechless. Opening his mouth, he closed it reaching up to run his hand through his hair. “Damn,” he whispered walking off as well.
 
But he didn't go straight to his room. Oh no. Miyu felt two slender arms moved in a snake-like fashion and suddenly wrapped themselves around her slim waist. She's then pulled closer to the owner of those said hands as she also felt the warmth of the breathing that he's casting upon her nape.
 
She crooked her head a little bit to the side allowing Kanata to occupy the space on that particular soft spot of hers. He seemed to know her soft spots like knowing the back of his own hand. Perhaps the previous intimate contacts that they have shared, driven by primal instincts, were the causes of his knowledge over her.
 
She then looked at him out of the corner of her eye, "So now that you remember..."
 
Kanata lifted his head a few inches away from the skin of her nape and put on the irk face
 
"Did you mean all you said that night?" She smiled an evil sly smile.
 
Kanata immediately flushed. "What Night? I don't know what you're talking about."
 
Miyu smirked. "Lemme refresh your memory."
 
"I don't need refreshing, coz I don't know what you mean!"
 
"You're so perfect. I want you all to myself. Oh yah and there was 'All I ask is one night.'. Or how about 'I don't care anymore, I want you so bad.' That one was a classic. Don't tell me any of those doesn't ring a bell?
 
"I was drunk I couldn't help it. I didn't know what I was saying." Kanata whined yet still kept his up close proximity from her, "I was delusional!"
 
"Oh so you're saying I'm not pretty." Miyu said in a low tone. It's that very tone that makes a guy feel guilty about saying things they shouldn't be saying without even thinking. Things that he should have just lied or things that they should have just kept for himself and stick with it.
 
"NO! I am not saying that! I am saying that when you're drunk you are not in a good state to make judgments."
 
"So am I pretty or not?"
 
"..." Kanata glared at her hard.
 
"All I'm sayin', is you're sending me mixed signals, Saionji."
 
"I really can't figure you out, Kouzuki."
 
"Just tell me what I need to hear, and I'll stop confusing you."
 
"What?"
 
"I know you are deaf."
 
"How was I acting deaf?"
 
"Oh so you're playing me?"
 
"No!"
 
"Think you're the big playa on campus now, right?"
 
"No!"
 
"You got all of this girls head over heals over you some might even want to taste you!"
 
"AGH! SHUT UP!"
 
"Tell me that I'm pretty."
 
"FINE YOU'RE PRETTY." Kanata stopped, realized what he said then slapped a hand over his mouth.
 
"Thank you."
 
"WAIT! I DI—"
 
She rested her entire body on his letting his arms still cradle her. They stood there on the spot of the hall saying nothing to each other. As the seconds passed, Miyu and Kanata are still not in their respective rooms, not much to his relief. The pressure and not to mention insanity was building up at an unsafe level.
 
The dinner table is still hasn't been cleaned up. It seems that Kanata either forgot to do the dishes or he will take care of that later. He felt that Miyu hasn't move since the last couple of minutes. He observed that she has her eyes closed and breathing rhythmically. It seemed Miyu had finally decided to go to sleep. He sighed and decided to do the same in a few minutes. School did start again tomorrow.
 
He carefully lifted her by doing the bridal carry and gently walked the remaining feet to her room. Luckily the door is already unlocked so he just slid his foot forward and pushed it open. However before he could even step inside she opened her eyes half way to look at the guy who is carrying her like a fragile glass.
 
“Hey…”
 
Kanata looked at her sheepish face.
 
“Kouzuki, did I wake you?”
 
“No it's not that. Um, can I… Im just wondering… can I sleep on your bed tonight?”
 
He blinked, "Okay, sure. I'll just get the couch ready so I can sleep there."
 
"Baaaaka" she whispered. "I meant with you in it."
 
Kanata turned and looked at her. She had that same look from the time they were having their personal talk.
 
"Why do you—"
 
"Please, for one night, just don't question me." She smiled softly.
 
Kanata stood there for a second, then nodded. With her still on his arms, he began took forth to the other room only next to hers. He slid Miyu into the bed and tucked her in then he turned off the lights.
 
"Oyasumi." Kanata said quietly as he lay down on the opposite side of the bed.
 
"Oya." She said softly.
 
Peace fell over them, for once. When Kanata felt Miyu closer to him.
 
"Kouzu—"
 
"Shhh."
 
Kanata had a feeling Miyu wasn't saying something. Then he realized that all that they really talked about was Akira and not having any subject of hers to share. And he knew it had something got to do with Yaboshi Seiya. But why would she still keep the rest of her feelings under wraps?
 
"Gomen nasai, Saionji." Miyu's voice rang through his thoughts.
 
"Eh?"
 
"For being so secretive, demo right now I don't feel like talking about it."
 
"Wakaru." He encircled his arms around her, "If there's anything I can do just tell me."
 
"Un."
 
---End of Flashback---
 
 
“Think nothing of it Nanami-chan. I think I remember now where I left that notebook. I'll take a dash to get it before even the next bell sounds.” Miyu reassured.
 
“Shikatanaiwa. Alrighty then. Ikoka Miyu-chan.”
 
“Hai”
==========
 
 
“Man, Those three girls sure are noisy. I heard Tenchi-san's shriek from here.” Kanata stood by the window peeking through it's curtains that was shading the room from the afternoon sun.
 
He turned around and faces the girl he was talking to before they were so abruptly interrupted.
 
“Were my ears deceiving me or did I just heard that there were people kissing?” Christine asked her teacher.
 
“Who cares. Let's go back to the subject at hand.” Kanata returned to his seat as Christine just watched him silently but with glee in her eyes. She couldn't believe she's actually sharing time with her crush talking about things other than school matters. But she couldn't help but to think why would he be asking her for such a thing. “May I ask why are you asking me for a wedding dress?”
 
“Well I…”
 
“Oh no!” Christine leant back and covered her lips with her hand. “No Saionji-sensei, we shouldn't. I mean, not yet.” Christine blushed furiously while looking at her feet.
 
“Wh-What?” Kanata just sweatdroped thinking that his student might have gotten the wrong idea.
 
 
===========
 
 
“Excuse me, Nakamura-san?”
 
“Hai Mizuno-sensei?”
 
“Have you seen Hanakomachi-san and Konishi-san anywhere?”
 
“You mean Christine and Aya?”
 
“Yes. I wanted to talk to each of them about something you see.”
 
“Well I've been outside a minute ago and saw Aya-san along with Nanami-san and Miyu-san talking to Santa-kun and Akane-san”
 
“Konishi-san is still with all of them now?”
 
“I guess so. The bell hasn't rang for the next period.”
 
“How about Hanakomachi-san?”
 
“I think I just saw her came inside Saionji-sensei's classroom.”
 
“She's with Saionji-sensei, you say huh?”
 
“May inquire what's goin on Mizuno-sensei?”
 
“There will be two events are coming this month. I want to talk with Hanakomachi-san, if she could organize the whole student body for the coming general assembly and the second event is going to be the school play contest and I want Konishi-san to direct my homeroom class' piece for the play.”
 
“A general assembly and the school play contest. Wow we're pretty busy this month.”
 
“Thank you for your help Nakamura-san.”
 
“I think you should go to Christine-san first. Saionji-sensei's classroom is nearer from where we are now.”
 
“Exactly what I have in mind.”
 
=========
 
“Akane said I'm not man enough to be romantically intimate with her that's why I kissed her.” Santa shrugged.
 
“Akane-chan, was that right?” Miyu inquired while Nanami and Aya wait for an answer as well
 
“Akane just put her hand hand on her hips and pointed the forefinger of the other hand at santa's nose “Nuh hu! I only said that he doesn't take too much efforts in finding quality time with me.”
 
“I told you Saionji-sensei wanted me to do 100 lapses around the court.”
 
“That's because you spiked his water the other day. Besides, he didn't said that you should do it now.”
 
“I came with you here out of the kindness of my heart.”
 
“I practically dragged you here!”
 
“Well I'm here aren't I?”
 
The three girls just listened idly as words were exchanged but nothing more than mere two dumb kids in love having a little bit of romantic frustration.
 
“I gave you a kiss. Soredake…”
 
“Soredake?”
 
“Soredake, that should cover all of those alleged time that I neglected being with you.” A blushing Santa said in lower tone poking his forefingers at each other's tips.
 
Nanami and Aya just giggled due to the mushiness that Santa was showing. Miyu just was just amazed how Santa have managed to be this bold.
 
“Well, you could have just give me a warning.” Akane blushed as well.
 
“Awwwwwwwww….” The other three girls said in unison.
 
 
============
 
 
“I know things were been stale between us but I think I'm not ready yet to be getting married and beside we should wait until everything else are clear between us before we could even date openly first.” Christine just continued on with her fantasy
 
“Uh no Hanakomachi-san. The wedding dress is not for you.” Kanata told her bluntly and smiled weakly at her.
 
“Sonotouri desuka. Bakamitai, ehe he he he he he he he.” Christine scratched the back of her head. But then her eyes glared at him like shooting daggers as another question popped in her mind. “So whose it for?” she asked him suspiciously.
 
Kanata gave a big sigh and decided that he might as well tell the details to her just to relieve anymore anxieties. “It's for a friend of mine, Hanakomachi-san.”
 
“When you say…” She narrowed her eyes “You mean it's Miyu-san, don't you?”
 
“Iiya. Machigae!”
 
“Yappari soudesu. It's practically clear to me now.”
 
“Hanakomachi-san…”
 
“You two have been getting close at each other ever since she came here in this school. You two were act like you dislike each other when you are with others but secretly you two have been being intimate with each other everytime you two get the chance to be alone.” Christine's aura suddenly became a little bit darker now as she went on her conspiracy theory.
 
Kanata just took a few inches back watching her about to have another one of her episodes. He couldn't believe that she would have guessed this much almost too correctly about him and Miyu. But that issue is way besides the point here.
 
“Oh Kouzuki I cant bear to keep our relationship under wraps like this.”
“But we cant risk of being exposed. You'll be in a lot of trouble.”
“Thank you for worrying about me, Kouzuki.”
“Ofcourse saionji-sensei. That's what a lover should do.”
“Have about if we get married? I'll get you a nice wedding dress in order to celebrate our love with the rest of the world without the school knowing.”
“Oh saionji-sensei, I don't know what to say.”
“Just say yes”
“Yes, Saionji-sensei.”
“Call me by my name, Miyu”
“Oh Kanata”
 
He just listened to her monologue idly and cant help but to snicker. Now he is definitely sure that she is almost too correct. First of all, Christine's impersonation of Miyu wasn't that realistic coz Miyu is not that charming. Second of all, he wont be asking a girl to marry him anytime soon. He just find this monologue of hers amusing in a sense that it aint gonna happen, but ofcourse a little nervous because if he doesn't do something quickly to calm her down, she might end up doing something stupid.
 
“Hanakomachi-san, onegai yamette gonazai. It's really unlady like. Soreni, I'm not that close to Kouzuki-san as you have been saying.”
 
Christine came to her sense as she has heard the firm tone in his voice and recomposed herself. Well that is what people get when they misinterpret things way out of proportion.
 
“Gomennasai Saionji-sensei.” She bowed
 
“I'm not a type of guy who would explain myself to anyone but so that it might relieve you of your assumptions I'll tell you the short cut version of the truth.” Kanata leaned forward placing his elbows on edge of his table.
 
“You really don't have to do that, sir.” Christine protested.
 
“A lady friend of mine is getting married two weeks from now and she forgot to get a wedding dress. Now it came to my knowledge that you're family owns a marital shop so I was wondering if you could show her around your shop so she could choose the dress herself.”
 
“Souyo, is that all, sir? I'll be happy to help Saionji-sensei. Yorokonde!”
 
“Yosh. Her name is Kijou Akira. I'll contact her as soon as possible so we set the time for you to meet up with her.”
 
“If that is all Saionji-sensei, Itekimasu.”
 
“Chotto matte Hanakomachi-san!” Kanata interjected “Whose notebook is that over there?”
 
Christine looked at the said objected on the floor among the rest of the chairs. She recognized the floral patter of the cover of the notebook on account of that the owner of that notebook was writing something into it during their math class.
 
“I think I know sir. I'll return the notebook to her.”
 
Kanata didn't even bother to ask who was the owner of the book. He knew whose it from. He can practically saw her doing something with that notebook during his lectures but decided to give her the benefit of the doubt. It's a good thing that she can stand her ground during pop quizzes and exams though. He played safe by not saying it's from Kouzuki so Christine won't start up again.
 
After she took the notebook, she started heading to the door but stopped right on his tracks as a female teacher blocked the doorway. Kanata looked at the visitor on the corner of his eye not changing his facial expression.
 
“Konnichiwa Mizuno-sensei” Christine acknowledged the teacher in respect.
 
“Konnichiwa, Hanakomachi-san. I was looking over for you.” She replied.
 
“Looking over for me?”
 
“Yes but before that, can you wait for me in my classroom? I have something to tell to Saionji-sensei first. I'll see you there in a few minutes. Do you mind waiting?”
 
“Oh no, Mizuno-sensei. I'll wait.”
 
Mizuno-sensei stepped aside from the door and Christine finally was out. She took a bow to the female teacher and to the male teacher and went off to the room where she was instructed to wait.
 
Kanata only glared at the female teacher as she was looking at the student currently retreating away from that room. After making sure that Christine was gone, she then averted her attention to him.
 
“How long were you standing behind those walls Mizuno-sensei?” he said in a monotone voice.
 
“Well I didn't mean to eavesdropping on your conversation a while ago Saionji-sensei.”
She closed the door behind her.
 
“Yeah I know. You just happen to wait until Hanakomachi was available outside of my classroom, huh?” Kanata stood up and offerd his seat to Mizuno-sensei
 
“I do have business with Hanakomachi-san. Dakedo I was rather intrigued on why she was here with you alone talking about wedding dresses and marriage.” She retorted and took the chair on her vantage.
 
“It's nothing of your concerned Mizuno-sensei.” Kanata looked down on the female who is now sitting on his recliner.
 
“I'm not implying anything of some sorts, Saionji-sensei. I did come here with a purpose.”
 
“You said that you have business with Hanakomachi as well. Which is it that you really want to say first?”
 
Mizuno-sensei only smiled at him and savored the comfort of the recliner. She was a little tired of walking around looking for the students that she wanted to talk to.
 
“Alright then. I have requested to the headmistress to have a general meeting of the whole school body. And I want to talk to Hanakomachi-san to organize the students to participate on this and myself to the rest of the school faculty, which also involves you.”
 
“Involving me, you say?”
 
“Mochiron desu. Your one of us Saionji-sensei. You'll also take impart to this meeting. I think you'll find it very interesting.” He didn't like that smile on her face as she spoke those words.
 
“May I know what is the meeting all about Mizuno-sensei?”
 
“It's just about all of the rumors circulating within this school about teachers being romantically involved with students. That sort of thing, are you familiar with those Saionji-sensei? It's just a start to put all of these ridiculous rumors once and for all.” Mizuno-sensei said without even batting an eyelash.
 
Kanata didn't flinched at that and just smirked. “Ridiculous rumors indeed.”
 
“Saionji-sensei, as a concerned colleague I want you to take this step seriously. For the last months you have been the subject of these rumors among with three other students.”
 
“You don't have to remind me of all of the humiliation that it caused me Mizuno-sensei. However personally I take this matter as measure of my growing popularity.”
 
“Joudanjanaiwa, Saionji-sensei!”
 
“Sorry for kidding, shikashi, I appreciate your concerned Mizuno-sensei. But I know how to handle crazed teenage girls.” He lied knowing that he really doesn't know a darn clue what to do with crazed fan girls. Passive ones he can tolerate as of much but the other specific students were different.
 
“If you really say so, Saionji-sensei then I have nothing more but this.” Mizuno-sensei stood up form the recliner and looked straight at him. “Look at me in the eye and tell me that you are not dating any students in your teaching career.”
 
The task was particularly easy enough to abide. The truth of the matter is that he really is not dating any students. He just gave a big sigh and gets the thing over with.
 
“I am not dating any of students in my teaching career.”
 
He seemed sincere enough according to Mizuno-sensei's thoughts still her gut feeling says otherwise. No matter what he would say in his defense now, the general assembly is still on.
 
“Yoroshii Saionji-sensei. The assembly's place, date and time are still tentative as of now but the final decision of its details will be done soon.”
 
“Thank you for inquiring me Mizuno-sensei.”
 
She turned her back on him and stopped at the door. Kanata wondered what is it now that she wanted to say.
 
“It's not like I have personal beef with you Saionji-sensei. I'm just a student advocate looking out for the students' wellness to guide them in self-righteousness. I don't mean to intrude in your privacy in any way beyond my own concern.”
 
“Wakaru mashita Mizuno-sensei. You're a great teacher for being such an advocate. And I am not saying that to flatter you.”
 
“Arigatouyo. Tonikaku, I also believe in the saying `guilty until proven innocent' so please take precautions you see fit Saionji-sensei.” She left the room after saying her last remark.
 
Finally silence echoed on the room. Kanata ran his fingers through his hair and grabbed a handful. Kanata just slumped on his recliner and spun around.
 
“I knew that already so you don't have to tell me.”
 
*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*
 
“Ne, Saionji? I think I left my notebook inside your room. May I take a gander for it?” a certain long blonde hair girl peeped on his door.
 
“You're notebook is not here. Go ask Christine. She took that notebook and said she'll return it to the owner.” Kanata stood up and stretched his arms.
 
“Christine doukoiruno?” Miyu asked him as he is putting his stuff inside his case, which is unusual for him to do because he has one more class before quitting time.
 
“Go look for her at Mizuno-sensei's room.”
 
“Oh yeah, I think I just saw Chris-chan here and then Mizuno-sensei stepped out of your roo--- Oi! Chotto!”
 
He didn't even looked at her as he passed her by and gradually marched outside his room to the hallway. Dumbfounded, Miyu followed her to see if he was going to the teachers lounge. Yet, he seems to be going in the main exit of the building.
 
“Oi! The lounger is this way! Where do you think you're going?”
 
With his case over his shoulder and one hand inside his pocket, Kanata stopped for a while to give her a response.
 
“Kaire.”
 
He's going home, she wondered. She doesn't know what is wrong with him now. “It's too early for you to go home. Don't you have another class?”
 
“Kouzuki-san.” He said in a relatively brass tone. He didn't turn around or even averted his head towards her. He remains stagnant on that area.
 
“Ha-hai?”
 
He took a white board marker and tossed it way over his shoulder sending it flying in mid-air. “Could you write on the board SELF STUDY for my next class?” Miyu was able to catch the marker with her two hands and looked at the object that she grasped. Every Monday and Wednesday, Kanata handles Miyu's class on their last period on 3 PM, while the rest of the days of the week like today; he handles other classes on various time schedules.
 
“Daijobu Saion----” before she could even finished her sentence, he was already going down the stairs leading to the main exit.
 
“Kiwotsukete. Tanumdazo.” He waved his hand as we descended on the stairs leaving Miyu with nothing but a white board marker on her hand.
 
“Saionji Doushitano?”
 
=============
 
Later that night in Kanata's Place
 
Miyu arrived with her cheerleading uniform on. She was too tired to change her outfit and it's already late thanks to the extended practice routine that the coach instructed the whole cheerleading squad to do.
 
At his doorstep, she knocked on the door. When her knuckles hit the hard wood, it slowly opened from its latch. The door was already open. She thought that he might have been expecting her arrival.
 
Ofcourse he was expecting her arrival. She can't go home just yet for another couple of days or so. But leaving the door unlocked and unattended aren't on Kanata's trait list, unless he is sitting by the living room and waiting her to come inside the apartment.
 
And there he was just as she thought. Sitting by the sofa… in a dim environment where the only light present is the television's flashing screen. She just stood there and stared at him, waiting for an invite for her to come inside. She would normally intrude or break an entry to surprise him but she kinda sensed that Kanata is not being Kanata-like.
 
“Tadaima.” She said softly
 
He placed his arms on his knees as leverage to push himself upward so he could stand up. With the place barely lit, not to mention the outside's early evening sky, he managed to approached her.
 
“Okairi.” He said to her still looking away from her face.
 
Miyu just frowned. She swung her bag over her left shoulder and let herself inside. He shut the door without expression and led her silently into his living room. He watched her from the doorway, one hand against the wall, as she roamed about the room.
 
Perhaps he should have spoken more, but he felt that Miyu was not perturbed by his silences.
 
"Do you want anything to drink?" he asked her finally.
 
"Water is fine," she said. He couldn't detect anything from her voice. He thought that his behavior this day has already gotten through her by now.
 
"You can sit on the couch if you like," he said softly as he progressed himself to the kitchen. "When dinner's ready you can join me at the table. It's mostly done." She was already beat and can't drag herself to her room just yet so she took the offer to rest her aching muscles. She sat down and he watched her body fold gracefully, her slim legs crossing smoothly at the knees, before turning to the kitchen.
 
Finally he flipped the lights on. Kanata kept seeking for familiarity and found himself mostly self-conscious. He hated being self-conscious, especially in his own home. He used to not be self-conscious at all. That sort of thing took an awareness of society and a concern for the thoughts of others, which was new to him. But strangely enough, he cared immensely what Miyu thought. He was also more distracted by her body than he thought he would be, which didn't help, and began wondering when kisses and touches were considered permissible. His whole body seemed to be filled with electricity everytime the proximity of her body to his catches on with his mind. He would have liked to wrap and arm around her waist. He would have liked to do more, if he really thought about it, but not too much more, not yet. He was still a little scared.
 
Dinner was simple and homemade. Miyu uncurled herself from the couch and joined him at the table, complimenting the food with a sweet politeness that made him smile secretly. But he paid little attention to dinner. He was more interested with what was supposed to happen after they finished eating. When the dishes were put away, she agreed to watch a movie and he let her select one from pay-per-view, a psychological thriller part criminal and part political or a soothing romantic comedy. Maybe a movie can get her mind off of everything else and perhaps might cause Kanata loosen up a bit.
 
Then he turned off the lights.
 
Miyu had settled in the corner of the couch, her eyes shining in the darkness as she looked at the television screen. He watched her from the wall beside the light switch until she looked at him. When she smiled, he approached her softly.
 
"Saionji," she whispered, and the darkened lights made odd shadows on her face. "What are you thinking?"
 
He could tell by the glint in her eyes, the half speculative, half certain-sure gaze that caught at him suddenly. "Nothing," he replied in tones that made darkness seem smooth. The thoughts he had just been having suddenly seemed a little wrong.
 
She lowered her eyes, her hands relaxing limply over her knees. "Sit with me?" she asked, not looking at him as she moved aside so that there was room for him by the edge of the couch.
 
Once more fascinated, he sat beside her, aware of the closeness of her body to his, the breath from her throat and her glistening eyes. He half opened his mouth to say something, but before he could speak the movie came on. Miyu turned away when it did, sitting primly beside him with her hands on her knees, looking a little tense to him. He was tense too. He forced himself to relax, leaning against the armrest. Miyu glanced at him and did the same, her shoulders sinking into the back of the couch. Kanata found himself watching Miyu and tracing the lines of her body more than the screen.
 
"Have you seen this one?" Miyu whispered when there was a break in the dialogue.
 
"No," he said, wondering if she was feeling at all like he was, like the movie didn't matter hardy at all. He also didn't feel like himself. It was strange and discomforting. He didn't know what to think about it.
 
"I missed what he said," Miyu said later, during a crucial scene. He repeated what she had missed, still only half paying attention. She smiled and made a joke about his being able to pick up on things so easily. Before he realized it she had shifted on the couch, turning slightly so that her shoulder rested against his. If he had been able to make up his mind and summon the courage, he would have reached for her and brought her to lie against him. As it was, he merely stopped breathing and became dreadfully confused.
 
It felt so ridiculously juvenile. And yet. And yet… He reached for her hand, the one lying next to her leg, barely touching her little finger, merely brushing it experimentally. He had lost all focus of the movie. Her hand twitched next to his, dancing in a small space as if wishing to embrace his and yet not sure. It should be a difficult thing to hold her hand, but Kanata found himself unable to just grasp it. He just stared at her manicured nails. He vaguely realized that she wasn't watching the movie either. Her eyes were pinned to a spot between her shoes. The silence stretched, the movie blurring into the background.
 
"Kouzuki," he said quietly. He had two fingers touching her hand now, carefully, like the brush of a feather in a sacred place.
 
She turned her head, looking up at him with sparkling blue eyes. "Hai?"
 
They both had to be thinking on their physical proximity, both afraid and desiring it to be closer, and yet they ignored it with such energy it couldn't help but be obvious, like an explosion in a tight room purposefully ignored. They were too reserved, too inexperienced to say the least, and too unsure to be too bold. Miyu ignored the gestures of his fingers pointedly, looking into his face and sometimes at anything in the room except him. When she did look at him he found himself staring into her eyes, feeling strangely vulnerable and liking the feeling.
 
Her hand slipped suddenly into his, as if she had just gotten a clue that he wasn't going to grab her. He felt her palm against his and felt a surge of satisfaction that was difficult to express. Nothing in her expression had changed, though. Her eyes were serious, the serious, intense eyes he rarely saw in another face besides his own. He caressed her fingers, to soothe her, to communicate what he was trying to say. I want to try this. It was still a surprise when she caressed him back. He suddenly remembered that there was a reciprocal in this arrangement, and was surprised by how it made him feel.
 
They were sitting side by side, hands clasped, Miyu with her head turned to face him, her shoulder touching his. He really wanted to pull those shoulders away from the couch and against his chest, but he didn't. Her skin seemed to glow in the light of the television. He wanted to touch it…her shoulders, her neck. He just looked at her, wondering what she was thinking. She turned her head away again, toward the television.
 
He held her hand throughout the movie, clasping it even when their palms began to get sweaty, thinking constantly about how he could touch her more, draw her closer. He wondered if he should kiss her, and if so in what places, but he didn't think he had the courage. She might be offended. It might be too soon. He still thought about it.
 
When the movie ended and the credits began to roll, they sat for several moments longer in the darkness, fingers intertwining now. Surely they were both way too old for this, but what had age to do with the first one? They were people unsure of themselves and each other.
 
Miyu suddenly began to talk. Kanata blanked momentarily, pulling himself out of a haze, and then attended to her words. She clutched his hand, caressing his fingers while she stared at her knees, and talked about her life. He began to get a feeling of how lonely she was. It resonated with him. He broke in when a thread of silence hung between her words, echoing her sentiment.
 
“Do you want me to hear about it? She whispered.
 
“Nothing is wrong, if that's what you mean.” He finished. “I'm just stressed out I guess. It will pass eventually.”
 
There didn't seem to be more to say but they said more, haltingly at first and then with less reserve. Miyu listened as he talked about how he was able to decide on Santa's punishment for spiking his drinking water with vodka during the previous game, the time when Akira called him by his cell phone asking for help about her wedding dress, the time when he threw the first math question at her for acting so rude even before the class started, the time when he saw her scribbling down her homework on her notebook during his lecture without even taking consideration of paying the least of attention to what he was scribbling on the board, the time when he asked Christine to help him get the wedding dress for Akira and almost causing a scene due to her unnecessary episode, and the time when Mizuno-sensei approached him about the general assembly. He didn't spoke too much about Mizuno-sensei's intentions about the said gathering.
 
She listened with understanding eyes, gazing at him with a look that seemed both knowing and interested. When he fell silent she told him about her day, from the time she was able to answer the surprise math attack from him, the time when she was successful in doing her assignment during his class, the time when she along with Nanami and Aya saw Santa kissed Akane in the school field, the time when she ran to his room to find her notebook but ending up writing a note for his next class, the time when she finally got her notebook from Christine at Mizuno-sensei's room, the time she aced her assignment for the 6th period, the time when Aya shot up like a rocket when she heard that she will direct the class play for the upcoming school drama contest and up to the time when the squad took overtime to finish a new routine.
 
She squeezed his hand then, turning to look at him with her lower lip caught in her teeth and the skin above the bridge of her nose crinkled. He caught a seriousness in her words, a surge of emotion in her eyes, amplified by the way she squeezed his hand and seemed to be saying a million things she couldn't put into words. He wasn't entirely sure of any of them. For a second, he really felt he could kiss her, but instead he found himself saying, "it's getting late." It was almost midnight, far later than he meant to keep her for a movie, for a meager second date.
 
Kanata felt something cold and wet touch the hand that held Miyu's and he released her suddenly. Wannya sniffed the scents in the air between their unclasped hands and then put his head on the couch, rolling his dark eyes to look at Kanata pathetically. He looked at Wannya half with annoyance and half with relief. Swallowing, he stood up, walking around the couch to let the fat cat out of the living room. When he turned around, Miyu was on her feet, straightening her outfit and looking for her bag. It was already on Kanata's arm.
 
Solemnly, he walked her to her door. Miyu fidgeted, as if waiting for something or trying to decide if she was supposed to wait for him to say or do something. Before she could make up her mind, Kanata stepped close and wrapped his arms around her. She returned the hug, her arms reaching over and around his shoulders, pulling him close. All at once, the scent he had caught tantalizing whiffs of on the couch overpowered his senses. He took deep breaths, inhaling the sweet smell, which really was like sugar and spice, and delighted at the way his hands wrapped around her middle to rest on her lower back. The small part of her back seemed made for his hands.
 
He wondered if this day could end without one of them even initiating a liplock. Kanata keeps repeating Mizuno-sensei's words for him that afternoon. It's not like him to be rattled and be affected entirely. She advised him to take precautions that he sees fit. To his own words, that means he should better watch his back cause sooner or later he'll be in trouble. Whether or not they are just messing with each other, he is just thankful that everything that has happened between him and Miyu didn't go beyond actions unthinkable and unspeakable.
 
She kept on looking on his face wishing that she could read what's written on his eyes that he desperately trying to keep away from her. Even if doesn't see that she's staring at him, he could definitely tell. Maybe he really has gotten too influenced by her.
 
Having their moment on the couch, more than ever, he can't afford to look at her eyes. For he knew that if he was drawn in to those green orbs, he will most definitely fail on testing his abstinence. It seems that ignoring her is the best way to keep them both off of each other… atleast for now.
 
He can't help but to feel a little bit upset, however. It's obvious that she is getting worried about him. She isn't used to this kind of display from him. They already have gone as far as hugging each other tonight. What's the harm of that, right? His original plan was to find out if he could go on a whole day without fooling around with Miyu.
 
It's practically clear that he failed on achieving his goal for tonight thanks to that infernal couch that started it all. Knowing and admitting total defeat, he wanted her to sleep soundly tonight without worries so he give out a big sigh, a sign that he will revert back. He can be a student advocate on his own way with her. But that doesn't mean he is necessarily subjected to go on with her playful nature everytime they get to be alone together.
 
“Even though you got a nice grade on your assignment, that was a stupid thing you did there, despite of the fact that I told you that you should pay attention on my class.” Kanata said angrily.
 
Miyu's frown turned upside down as soon as she heard his growl. Now she can be herself a little bit more than being stale a couple of hours ago.
 
Kanata decided to be this playful once again.
 
“I still don't know how you found out about that. I was really careful.” She folded her arms on her chest waiting for her rebuttal.
 
“I just know.”
 
“The hell you do. Besides it isn't any of your business what I do” she shot back indignantly.
 
“I don't even know why I bother,” he said after a moment turning to leave. Miyu laughed softly watching him walk away, he didn't stop or turn to her. Well atleast he is starting to be the grouch that he is again.
 
“I'm touched that you care,” she called following him slyly. “Aren't you even going to look at me?” her tone was teasing. “You've been doing that since I went to your classroom this afternoon.”
 
“Why should I?” He continued to his bedroom and left her at the hall. Turning he saw a flash. He grunted in pain landing on the mattress of his bed with her tiny body upon his. “What the hell?” he gasps when she lifted herself up smiling covertly. How was it possible for someone her size to continuously attack him in such a manner? “Get off me” he cried making her laugh louder.
 
“Not a chance,” she moved her hands over his chest. A sigh left her lips feeling his muscles react to her touch. “I always knew there was something magnificent beneath your shirt” she told him, moving her green poles to his handsome face.
 
“Do you get some sick pleasure out of harassing me?” he inquired with a mild glare. He hadn't meant for it to be funny but listening to himself he knew why she laughed. Wrapping his arm around her waist, he quickly flipped over so she would be on the ground giving him the upper hand.
 
Miyu gasped in surprise and pleasure. “Oh wow, aggressive are we?” it wasn't until after he did the act that he realized he'd made a terrible mistake. Miyu latched her arms around his neck and used all her might to pull him down to her.
 
He really shouldn't be doing this now.
 
She really shouldn't be doing this now.
 
They really shouldn't be doing this now.
 
But to hell with it!
 
It is a new day tomorrow.
 
He'll start doing the precautions he sees fit by then.
 
But tonight…
 
He'll try not to get over excited.
 
She really is a handful.
 
 
“No don—“ naturally his complaint was extinguished by the feverish kiss he received from her sensuous mouth. He didn't notice when he closed his eyes or when his body gave into her tantalizing kiss as her hands traveled over his back. Both were lost in the heat of the moment and both succumbed to their act of passion, hopefully everything would be like any other, but make it different among the rest. After all, it might be the last night they might ever enjoy tasting each other's lips and feel the heat from the other's body.
 
He took a breather away form her lips and took a few seconds to look at her face. “Didn't we promised that we won't be doing this kind of stuff when you're in your cheering outfit?”
 
“You aren't naked, are you? So that pact of ours is still clean.”
 
“You cannot get enough of this, can you?”
 
Kanata gave his smirk to her and stuck out his tongue to mock her, just like the time they first met. Miyu raised an eyebrow then stuck her own tongue in return.
 
Pretty soon they started laughing like innocent children but because Kanata still got Miyu pinned on his bed, it also didn't took long for them to make out like horny adults as their tongues clashed at each other, battling to get through to the other's mouth.
 
 
Tsuzuku
 
 
 
Japanese Terms Used On this Chapter
 
Betsuni Nandemonaiwa - It's nothing just forget about it
Baka - Fool, Stupid, Idiot
Oyasumi - Good Night
Gomennasai - I'm sorry, apologize
Wakaru - I understand
Shikatainawa - It cant be helped
Ikoka - Let's go
Hai - Yes
Soredake - therefore
Sonotouri - That's right
Bakamitai - I'm such a dummy
Iiya Machigae - No you're mistaken, wrong
Yappari - I thought so, I knew it
Onegai - please, I beg you
Yamette - stop, refrain
Soreni - Besides
Souyo - I see
Yorokonde - With Pleasure
Yosh - Alright, great
Itekimasu - I'm leaving, I'll take my leave, I'm going
Chotto Matte- Hold on wait up
Konnichiwa - Good Afternoon
Mochiron - Ofcourse
Joudanjanai - It's no joke
Shikashi - However
Yoroshii - very well
Arigatou - Thank you
Tonikaku - Anyway
Doukoiruno - where is
Kaire - go home
Daijobu - are you okay, alright
Kiwotsukete Tanumdazo - Take care I'll leave the rest to you
Doushitano - why
Tadaima - Im back
Okairi - welcome back