Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Why Not ❯ Miyu and Kanata's Break Up? ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 14: Miyu and Kanata's Break Up?
 
Disclaimer: D!3 is not mine
 
======
 
Previously in WHY NOT…
 
 
“Headmistress I don't think we should let this thing go on!” said a female teacher on her late twenties to the stern looking headmistress of the Heiomachi high school. “Mizuno-sensei”, said the headmistress looked at the teacher whose both hands landed on her white table, “we already had this conversation before, had we not?” the headmistress continued. Mizuno sensei retracted one of her hands from where it laid. “But headmistress, this is the third time that this kind of thing happened.”
 
“Don't tell me you've been listening with these rumors again, Mizuno sensei. This is not a good habit for someone at your age. You should know better than that.”
 
“Headmistress, I'm sure that you are already aware of the situation. Most of the student body have been circulating this issue and I'm pretty certain that the rest of the school faculty have been acknowledging the probability of the rumors validity.”
 
“Mizuno sensei, as like before, we couldn't validate the veracity of the situation. Yes the we could say that the faculty has been instructed to keep a watchful eye on him but there was no proof ever presented up to this time about the accusations.”
 
“Allow me to have a general assembly with the whole student body in the school gymnasium, Headmistress.”
 
****
 
May I know what is the meeting all about Mizuno-sensei?”
 
“It's just about all of the rumors circulating within this school about teachers being romantically involved with students. That sort of thing, are you familiar with those Saionji-sensei? It's just a start to put all of these ridiculous rumors once and for all.” Mizuno-sensei said without even batting an eyelash.
 
“Saionji-sensei, as a concerned colleague I want you to take this step seriously. For the last months you have been the subject of these rumors among with three other students.”
 
“You don't have to remind me of all of the humiliation that it caused me Mizuno-sensei. However personally I take this matter as measure of my growing popularity.”
 
“Joudanjanaiwa, Saionji-sensei!”
 
“Sorry for kidding, shikashi, I appreciate your concerned Mizuno-sensei. But I know how to handle crazed teenage girls.” He lied knowing that he really doesn't know a darn clue what to do with crazed fan girls. Passive ones he can tolerate as of much but the other specific students were different.
 
“It's not like I have personal beef with you Saionji-sensei. I'm just a student advocate looking out for the students' wellness to guide them in self-righteousness. I don't mean to intrude in your privacy in any way beyond my own concern.”
 
“Wakaru mashita Mizuno-sensei. You're a great teacher for being such an advocate. And I am not saying that to flatter you.”
 
“Arigatouyo. Tonikaku, I also believe in the saying `guilty until proven innocent' so please take precautions you see fit Saionji-sensei.” She left the room after saying her last remark.
 
*****
 
“No don—“ naturally his complaint was extinguished by the feverish kiss he received from her sensuous mouth. He didn't notice when he closed his eyes or when his body gave into her tantalizing kiss as her hands traveled over his back. Both were lost in the heat of the moment and both succumbed to their act of passion, hopefully everything would be like any other, but make it different among the rest. After all, it might be the last night they might ever enjoy tasting each other's lips and feel the heat from the other's body.
 
He took a breather away form her lips and took a few seconds to look at her face. “Didn't we promised that we won't be doing this kind of stuff when you're in your cheering outfit?”
 
“You aren't naked, are you? So that pact of ours is still clean.”
 
“You cannot get enough of this, can you?”
 
Kanata gave his smirk to her and stuck out his tongue to mock her, just like the time they first met. Miyu raised an eyebrow then stuck her own tongue in return.
 
Pretty soon they started laughing like innocent children but because Kanata still got Miyu pinned on his bed, it also didn't took long for them to make out like horny adults as their tongues clashed at each other, battling to get through to the other's mouth.
 
****
 
 
Miyu tries to open her eyes. She feels a little bit rested but she can't help but to feel something is wrong. Although kinda sleepy, too, she blinks a few times to catch a glimpse of the environment she's at.
 
She moves her head on the side and recognized immediately that it's Kanata's room. Now she remembers why she's here in the first place. She refused to crash on her own room last night because she wanted to know what was eating up Kanata ever since he decided to go home early from school.
 
She shifts her body upward a little but to no avail she couldn't. She feels like something is caught around her cheerleading uniform and keeps her pasted on the bed. She looks at the thing and the thing that is clinging around her is none other than the young math teacher himself, Saionji Kanata.
 
Kanata is practically has his arms latched around Miyu's waist, his left leg is on top of her lower torso covering her lower half protectively and the thing that really surprises her is that Kanata's head is cuddling between the groove of Miyu's upper chest with his mouth slightly open as she can feel him breathe in and breath out on the fabric of her uniform. He is holding her like a child hugging his big stuff animal or something.
 
Miyu's face can't go more crimson as she looks at the guy as he just lay there without an inch of personal space between them. Her eyebrow rises as she lifts her free arm to give the guy a whooping waking call of a lifetime, but suddenly, Kanata's head yet again cuddles on her chest and whispers the words “So Soft” and tightens her grip on her a little more.
 
Miyu smiles at Kanata's current state. The idea of punching him fades in a snap. Kanata looks so vulnerable being like this, and peaceful. She decides to let him stay like this. Being caught in a promiscuous position like this is moist certain inappropriate for a student like her and a teacher like him, but what the hey, they already went over the edge with their make out sessions every now and then so something like this is nothing different any longer.
 
They didn't do anything sweaty last night. Kanata returned to his grouchy self after talking things out with Miyu about things happened yesterday and minutes later they both end up having another make out session on his bed. That was it and nothing more happened. The next thing she knew they both end up still on his bed, still with their own respective clothes on from last night, and Kanata, who sleeps so comfortably with his oh so called personal female pillow.
 
Speaking of pillows, she notices that all of Kanata's two white pillows are on her side of the bed. Come to think of it, no wonder Miyu finds him so close to her. All of his pillows are not available at the time so Kanata resorted to the next best thing that he can think of, Miyu's chest. Miyu cant help but to giggle at the very concept of that, so she just assumes that Kanata might have unconsciously wrapped himself on her body during those times when they were both asleep earlier.
 
Since she knows that she can't move her body completely even if she wants to, she just averts her eyes to the alarm clock standing on top of the small cellar besides the bed. It is only 4 in the morning, a little to early for her to get up for another exciting day of school. Since she ain't going anywhere at the moment, she let her eyelids close and try to get a couple of hours more of shut eye.
 
She makes one last look at Kanata's figure. Nothing changed since the past few minutes that she's awake and saw him like this. She lifts her arm and her delicate fingers run through Kanata's hair, clearing out his bangs so she can see his entire sleeping face. Her hand makes a stop on his warm cheek as Kanata still continues on with his rhythmic respiration.
 
The view of him enjoying himself is enough to award the sleeping male a gentle kiss on the clearing that she made on his forehead. She can feel the air passing through the fabric's threads to the flesh of her breasts, tickling her. She takes the blanket and covers them both under it as neatly as she can and soon enough she falls asleep with Kanata, still not shifting from his cuddling position.
 
 
-----
 
 
(Later that day at Heiomachi High School…)
 
 
Before sixth period ended, an announcement was made regarding an assembly at the school's auditorium and all of the students and school personnel were obliged to attend it.
 
Some students talked about what might it could be and some students just thought that it would be just another boring assembly no matter what's it about.
 
Kanata's eyes narrowed when he heard the announcement. He only knew about this just yesterday when Mizuno-sensei made `that' talk with him. He knew that an assembly was imminent but he wasn't expecting to be this soon. Since nothing he could do now but to brace himself on what's in store, he just gave a depressing sigh and told his class to emscray. (That means blow the scene or check out)
 
Whatever the students thought about the assembly, they all came anyway because they were told that it's very important. Some were curious enough to come and to know what it's about anyway and some, namely the female students decided to come unanimously because they would are to see their favorite man candy Saionji Kanata.
 
 
(Inside the Auditorium…)
 
“What's all this about, do you know Aya-chan?” Nanami seated besides Aya.
 
“I don't know Nanami-chan but judging by the attendance of this school's faculty on that stage in front us, it will be about something important I guess.” Aya shrugged
 
Miyu just stays quietly besides Aya's right side and witnesses how the Heiomachi students are filling the auditorium and more are coming through the auditorium's doors.
 
They are currently on the 5th row center away from the auditorium's stage. On that particular row, from right to left, there are Kurosu Santa, Shirai Akane, Tenchi Nanami, Konishi Aya, and Kouzuki Miyu.
 
“Excuse me, but is this seat taken?” a voice came from a particular girl with a long wavy pink hair. Miyu raises her head to look at the source of that voice and sees Hanakomachi Chrisitine standing there waiting for a reply from any one them.
 
“S-sure Chris-chan. This one is free. You can seat here beside me if you like.” Miyu kindly offered the empty seat.
 
Santa lowered his upper torso to see the new addition to their row. “Say Chris-chan, I don't mean to sound rude but how come you aren't with the Saionji-sensei fangirls up front?” he asked cheerfully pointing out at the first four left, center and right rows.
 
“Santa-kun!” Akane grabbed Santa's ear as he twitched of discomfort. “I apologize chris-chan, you don't have to pay attention to what he said.” She bowed her head as she also took Santa's head and made him bow as well to apologize.
 
The other three of their group just sweat dropped while Christine just laughed. “No that's okay. Actually I was the one who helped disseminate the information about this assembly because of my position in the student council. I told the girls that I might fall behind and told them not to wait for me.” Christine reasonably explained to the group. “I hope my stay here with you guys wont be of any inconvenience to all of you now.”
 
“Oh no It's our pleasure. We are all friends here.” They all shook their heads and said those words in unison and then they all laughed.
 
----
 
“That bunch sure is noisy.”
 
“What's the matter now Natsumi?” Miyuki asked her friend beside her.
 
“I think Ms. Natsumi is talking about Kouzuki Miyu's group over there at the back.” Chiaki replied who seats behind Natsumi.
 
Natsumi stares at the laughing Miyu and Christine. She cant help but to wonder why is Christine hanging around Miyu right now, even being aware of the issues that they have been discussing about during their club meetings.
 
Miyuki looks at Miyu and her friends with their club president Christine and then looks at Natsumi. Miyuki is not exactly a Saionji-Fangirl. The main reason she's in the said club is because she is highly concerned about her best friend Natsumi and her obsession with the young male teacher. Although to be in the Saionji Club you need to worship Saionji Kanata, Miyuki only lied to be in the club. Natsumi is aware of this but she allowed it nonetheless. Miyuki is the only real friend Natsumi has anyway out of all of the other girls dreaming about Kanata.
 
“Are you upset because Hanakomachi-san is seating with them rather than us?” Miyuki asked her friend without fear. Natsumi only looks at Miyuki at the corner of her eye. “What kind of a dumb question was that, Miyuki?” Natsumi uttered annoyingly. “Why would I even concern myself with that?”
 
Miyuki smiles and raises then drops her shoulders implying that she only thinks that way. “I was hoping that one of us could reserve a seat for her but she did say that it's not necessary. Maybe it's just coincidence that she landed right there with Kouzuki-san.”
 
Natsumi didn't say anything. She can see that Christine is having fun with Miyu and her friends. No surprise there. Christine and Miyu almost have the same classes together. It's no mystery that they shouldn't get along. Natsumi finally decides to avert her eyes from the seat at the back to the stage currently being set up for the whole shindig.
 
The crowd is getting restless on their seats. The whole auditorium's walls are filled with the never ending buzzing sounds of students chattering of trivial matters, even forgetting the main purpose why they are inside of the building in the first place. Some of the administration personnel and faculty haven't arrived inside the auditorium yet so the audio-video guys in charge decides to play some intermission music to distract the students from being impatient.
 
The intermission music works just fine as most of the students are singing with the lyrics of the popular songs being played. This kind of choral sound is much better than the infernal racket that they were producing. It is only a matter of time until the whole school personnel are assembled. Most of the students are already settled on their seats.
 
After a few more minutes, the audio-video guys did their sound test with the microphones that will be used and it went just great. As the fourth intermission song echoes through the auditorium's speakers, the school personnel starts to come and take their places on the stage, starting with the teachers.
 
Suddenly, the auditorium exploded with girly screams as one male teacher makes his way up to the stage. It is none other than the newcomer young blonde teacher, Hikarigaoka Nozomu. As Nozomu's head is slowly getting bigger due to the young female students overwhelming response to his entrance, some of the teachers take aback from this kind of response from the students, thinking that it's all about a damn popularity contest to them.
 
“Hikarigaoka-sensei has gotten popular with the girls in such a short time, hasn't he?” Akane said cheerfully. “Well I don't blame the guy. He sure is handsome. I wish I have somebody like him.”
 
“Well sorry you have to settle with someone else who has not even reached half your expectations.” Santa said with teary eyes while Miyu and the others in that particular row cant help but giggle about Akane's bold teasing, although they weren't really sure if she was just teasing.
 
“Oh c'mon Santa I'm only kidding.” Akane smiled at her seatmate as Santa keeps his head away from her direction while on the same time covering his two ears with his hands because the girls, on the other row next to theirs, take their screams up a notch thanks to Nozomu's gesture to give out flying kisses to his so called audience.
 
“Really? That was kinda realistic you know.” Santa gave in to her plead. “For a moment there I thought I just saw your eyes twinkle like the other girls around here.”
 
“Well you're jealousy means that you once again prove that you really do care abiut me.” Akane leans closer to Santa's direction, reaches out her hands towards Santa's head and takes it closer to her. “Here let me cover your ears for you. I know you can't handle this kind of racket.”
 
He leans towards her so he can be comfortable enough while he is on his seat. Santa goes teary eyes again but this time it's joy because of his proximity to Akane and a big sigh of relief because she was just teasing him. “Arent you even bothered by the noise these girls are producing?” he asked.
 
“Not really. Compared to the records you keep on playing, this is nothing.” Akane smiled.
 
“What is that suppose to mean?”
 
 
(From the other end of that row…)
 
“I didn't know Shirai-san and Kurosu-san are that friendly with each other? They are such the odd couple, aren't they?” Christine crooks her head as she witnesses the two people flirting with each other. “It kinda makes me envious now just watching them like this.”
 
“Say, Chris-chan, We are just wondering.” Nanami said. “Don't you find Hikarigaoka-sensei attractive? I mean, almost all of the girls are squeeling like pigs in Ground Hog day.”
 
“Yeah even the Saionji-sensei Fan club girls are even being honest right over there at the front.” Aya commented.
 
“Well I got to admit that he is handsome but no matter what my affection will always remain to Saionji Kanata-sensei. I'm not prohibiting the members to shout out loud their honest feelings to the ones they find interesting other than Saionji-sensei, ofcourse.” Christine grinned.
 
“Damn Girl, get a hold of yourself. Are you listening to yourself just now?” Miyu shakes Christine by the shoulders. “I cant believe I actually heard someone talked about a teacher like that.”
 
“There is no surprise their Miyu-chan”
 
“Yeah. She is the president of the Saionji-sensei Fanclub. What do you expect.”
 
“Well my parents say that it's practically normal for a student to have a crush on a teacher, but it kinda gives me the creeps that's all.”
 
“Your parents have that talk with you about student crushes, Miyu-chan?”
 
“Yeah. But unlike you and your club members, my case was more like an innocent admiration than an infatuation gone wrong. And please, especially not on that miserable guy you girls are crazy about.” Miyu shrugges.
 
“I suppose so. But why do I sense a little hostility towards Saionji-sensei?” Christine smiles.
 
“Well with no disrespect with you, Chris-chan but I have a few things to be hostile about him. He makes me grade papers during lunch as a punishment when I am not even doing anything wrong; he's a grouch, a grump and obnoxious. He hasn't even apologized for that time when he bumped in to me the day I first stepped in this damn school.”
 
“Gee, I never thought you see him that way Miyu-chan.” Christine said shockingly. “But you are right about him being grouchy, grumpy and obnoxious.”
 
“What?”
 
“I observed that too, you know. Those are just some of the qualities that makes him so cool, although he can also be a nice guy at times.”
 
Miyu listened to Christine. It seems that she really has it bad for Kanata, which is so beyond Miyu. Even so, Miyu can't say that Kanata is cool because of his grouchiness or grumpiness however, she cant deny that Kanata can be nice when time permits him to. She knows how nice he can be ever since that bittersweet event she called a birthday.
 
================================
 
Start of Flashback (Miyu's Birthday Dinner Table Cloth Scene with Kanata from Ch.4)
 
Kanata grabbed the tablecloth, which of course could not hold his weight, same with Miyu and her chair. They toppled over with Miyu lying under Kanata who was currently trying to hold up the weight of his own chair, which was perched in an awkward angle along his back. And the table cloth? Well that thing fluttered harmlessly over them. Miyu had her eyes scrunched closed, fearing for the worst but she heard a calming voice spoke to her.
 
“Are you alright?”
 
“Uh hmm”
 
"Hey it's okay..."
 
She could feel the warm breath tickling her lips,
 
"See you still haven't been kissed."
 
Miyu opened her eyes to see her teacher just inches apart from her.
 
"Um, thanks..." She mumbled.
 
***********
 
(To Kanata's Apartment from Ch.4)
 
She couldn't help but snort as they walked up the stairs to the apartment. Kanata gave her a look. Poor girl must have lost it due to the crazy evening.
 
"Sorry, I just have to laugh at this, this situation." She smiled sadly, "I mean I was abandoned by my parents, my best friends almost had me kiss my least favorite teacher, then abandoned me, and now it seems like you're being the nicest person in the whole world."
 
“…”
 
Miyu began wiping her eyes, "Crap, I don't usually cry. I shouldn't, I am gonna look back at this night and laugh hard, but now it just seems, so sa-"
 
And at that moment, she felt two warm arms wrap around her sincerely, and somehow there was no need for any questions or answers as she wept in her teacher's warm embrace.
 
************
 
(Kanata's Apology and his Gift to Miyu from Ch.4)
 
"Ano, um, I wanted to apologize, for being rude." He boyishly scuffed his feet on the ground.
 
"No, it was sorta my fault to, I mean I shouldn't act so childishly."
 
"I think on your birthday you have a right."
 
"Heh, maybe I should just celebrate my birthday later, this one has seemly sucked much monkey balls." She stood up and brushed her self off, "I better head off to bed. Second door to the left, right?"
 
"Look, I am sorry. I probably made your birthday a hundred times worse than it already is," He started.
 
Miyu's hand is now on her cheek to swipe some dropping water from her eyes. With this, he couldn't felt anymore responsible. Now I warn you Kanata is a spontaneous person at heart too.
 
“Look. You said you could look back at this night and just laugh about it. But after all that has happened, I doubt that you would do that anytime soon.”
 
Miyu just smiled a little, as he's being the gentle person that she rarely sees. What even concerned her more is that he took her hand away from her face and held it tight. Kanata took a few inches closer to her while she began breathing strongly, aware but uncertain about the thing that is about to occur. And for the first time, Kanata's instinct outweighed his reason entirely.
 
"But here's something good that you can look back at." Kanata finally grabbed her shoulder and dove into Miyu for a new kiss...
 
…A better kiss
 
 
(End of Flashbak)
 
==============================
 
 
Miyu tries not to blush but replays those very moments with a straight face. Christine notices Miyu's sudden breath of silence. She cant help but to wonder that it would be much easier if Kanata can be nice all the time. But will that be the real Saionji Kanata? No. The advantage that Miyu holds over the rest of the girls that like him so much or everybody else for that matter, is that she already caught a glimpse of the real him. And she is learning a few more things about him one day at a time.
 
“You say that he's nice, huh?” Miyu finally chirps. “Well maybe he aint so bad, if you say so, Chris-chan.”
 
Nanami and Aya just look at each other and grin. Nanami then makes a sign to Aya to tell her something. Aya obliges and leans to her. “I cant believe they are talking about Saionji-sensei like this.” Nanami murmured.
 
“You cant believe that? I cant believe Miyu-chan is holding her ground on this subject acting like nothing has truly happened between her and our not-so-promiscuous teacher.”
 
“Yeah I mean, if Christine only knew everything, right?”
 
“Oh Heaven forbid we should get out of here as fast as we can if that happens.”
 
“What are you two girls murmuring there?” Miyu realized.
 
“Oh nothing!” Nanami and Aya shockingly said in unison.
 
“Miyu-chan, I have something to tell you.” Christine looks at Miyu at the eyes. “Remember that you said that Saionji-sensei makes you grade papers with him during lunch periods as punishment without you doing anything wrong?”
 
“Um…Y…Yeah?”
 
“And you also heard the rumors that you two are having some sort of relationship because of the constancy of that particular thing that you mentioned.”
 
“Oh.”
 
“You see, the club's recent topics of discussion were nothing but debates if that rumor is really true.” Christine said. “Actually I have a feeling that a few girls from the club started those rumors involving you. So I just want to say I'm sorry for the inconvenience that they are causing you.”
 
Miyu doesn't find any surprise there. She knows the gossips. She's not blind to see or deaf to hear not to.
 
“Chris-chan, you don't have to apologize for them. Besides, you know how I described him to you. We can be hostile with each other during class, especially me.”
 
Christine's eyes twinkle and her eyebrows twitch. Nanami and Aya sees this and grab Miyu and cover her mouth before saying anything else that can make the thing worse. Miyu just realizes what was going on so she shuts up.
 
“You know, my skepticism that you and Saionji-sensei just don't like each other is like skating on thin ice. There is a saying that the more two persons dislike each other ends up being quite the lovers. You said it yourself, right?” Miyu, Aya and Nanami just lean away from Christine because she is about to have another one of her episodes. Santa and Akane seem enjoying themselves without even caring what is happening with their friends. “You spent lunch periods with him grading papers. That's quite enough time for you two to get acquainted better and get to know each other better and like each other and….”
 
“OH MY GOD THERE IS SAIONJI-SENSEI!”
 
Christine hears of that announcement and quickly returned to normal. “Where? *Gasp!* There he is!”
 
Save by the bell!
 
The girls almost bring the house down as the whole auditorium is once again filled with their screams of adoration for their idol. Kanata just shook his head and continues to walk to the stage pretending that he is not hearing anything, though the noise is pretty evident that it's hard to deny that it does not exist.
 
He takes a seat besides Hikarigaoka Nozomu-sensei, without having much choice since the seats are all accounted for. Nozomu smirks and thinks of something. Nozomu then put his arm around Kanata's shoulders and gives a Peace Sign to the audience. With this bold gesture, the screams were louder than ever and a few of the teachers behind them are starting to get uncomfortable.
 
“What is it with this kids?” One teacher said
 
“Saionji-sensei and Hikarigaoka-sensei sure are popular among the female students.” Another teacher said.
 
“Well if you ask me, these two punk kids who just arrived here are only rookie teachers and now this?”
 
Nozomu keeps on smiling and waving while Kanata is getting irritated with his proximity with him. “Hikarigaoka what do you think your doing?” he raises an eyebrow
 
“Saionji-kun, you should smile sometimes. You're face is always like that.”
 
“Get off me, will ya!” Kanata removes Nozomu's arm and pushes him away then straightens his necktie. Nozomu laughs. “You know the response that you got wasn't so bad.”
 
“What are you talking about now?”
 
“The girls' screams, man. Weren't you paying attention at the adoration and appreciation that the female students are showing you? Although I got to admit that my response from them was better than yours. Aha ha ha ha ha”
 
“Good. I'm happy that you feel that way Hikarigaoka-sensei. Hooray for you.” Kanata said sarcastically.
 
“C'mon Saionji-kun. You cannot be my rival if your fighting attitude is like that. Atleast show some enthusiasm.”
 
“I told you before I don't want to be you rival. You can have all of their adoration yourself. I don't care. In fact, that would be a load off my back.”
 
“Oh would you look at that Saionji-kun. It's Miyu-cchi and her friends seating right over there behind your fanclub. They are looking at us, man. C'mon let's wave at them.” Nozomu puts his elbow on top of Kanata's shoulder.
 
Kanata just raises his eyebrow and shrugs Nozomu's elbow off. “Hikarigaoka-sensei would you please just behave there on your seat. It's enough that you see them so there is no need for any waving.”
 
“You know my Papi…”
 
“Yup. Still call your dad Papi?”
 
“Yeah, Anyway my Papi used to tell me that guys are supposed to give dreams and hope. That's why ever since I was little, I wanted to be the guy that all the girls would adore and revere.”
 
“It's fine that you feel that way Hikarigaoka-sensei but you should keep your personal philosophy towards women in the right place. Well nevertheless, it has nothing got to do with me.” Kanata crosses his arms on his chest.
 
“That's why Saionji-sensei, I wanted to know whether you were worthy of becoming my rival.”
 
“Well, have fun, because I'm not interested at all.” Kanata said with an irk face.
 
“That's what you say but we've been competing for it even before we came to this school. That means you couldn't stop thinking about me.” Nozomu holds his chin with his hand then points his finger to Kanata. “You've already accepted me as your rival, am I wrong? Ofcourse I'm not. There's no way I could be wrong.”
 
Kanata shook his head. Hikarigaoka shouldn't be saying such ridiculous things at a time like this. No, change that. Nozomu shouldn't be saying such ridiculous things ever.
 
“Ofcourse I'm right. It's decided! Decided!” Nozomu continued. “Oh that's great! Aren't rivals wonderful? Let's have fun as rivals! Aha ha ha ha ha ha ha!”
 
 
Back to the gang…
 
 
“Wow. Hikarigaoka-sensei and Saionji-sensei sure do get along aren't they?” Nanami giggled.
 
“Yep. The bishounen of the teaching department should stick together, I guess.” Aya added.
 
Since most of the girls are too busy to notice anything, Miyu only looks at the two teachers bickering on the stage probably because of Nozomu insisting that Kanata is his rival for the most handsome guy in campus.
 
Though both of them aren't sure, Kanata and Miyu caught each other's glances. Miyu tested this theory by sticking out tongue at him. It worked actually. Kanata just turned his head in annoyance. She just smiled. It's probably because of what happened earlier this morning when he found out that he was spooning with her.
 
To summarize what happened earlier that day, this was the 411.
 
When Kanata realized that what he was touching was not exactly a pillow, he quickly released his grip on Miyu to his shock and made haste to the bathroom for a cold shower, A very cold shower. Miyu just laughed at his embarrassment when he came out. Kanata was so flustered to even say anything to ward her off.
 
The last time when he came out of the shower and she was on her cheerleading uniform, the unthinkable almost happened. But this time, he chose to take the high road and just shoved her out of his room so he could change. Besides, he wouldn't think of being the one violating their agreement that they won't be doing anything stupid within the said conditions. He's trying to abstain from any intimate contact from a student, especially the girl who's temporarily living in his apartment, which still remains unknown to the school but Nanami and Aya, and he's hoping that it will continue to be unknown.
 
When they finally got changed for school and met at the table for breakfast, Miyu gave Kanata a few more helpings of teasing, aside from what they are having for their meal, which Kanata forced himself to make and not putting any inappropriate ingredients to her share of the food. To mention a few, she asked him deviously on how was his sleep and why he looked so `busted'. Right then he was regretting that he didn't put any inappropriate ingredients on her share of the food.
 
Kanata wouldn't admit it out loud to her, but that was the best sleep he has ever had in months. Maybe it's because he was with someone that he's comfortable with. Perhaps it's because he was ON something that he's comfortable with (^_~). Well whatever the reason was, he wouldn't give her the satisfaction that he kinda `liked' he's sleeping position earlier.
 
Miyu wouldn't stop annoying him so he just thought of a better way to deal with her teasing. Denial, aside from kissing her, which was the usual yet irrational thing that he would do in this case. So the minute Miyu said again that she have heard Kanata saying her chest is “so soft”, he took a reasonable distance away from her and said that they were soft as a hiking bag filled with cement, gravel and rocks. In an instant, her mood changed and chased him around the apartment, whopping his head constantly with a broom, and also calling him names like sick perverted pedophile on the process. Since it was not healthy for them to go together to school due to a number of reasons obviously, they went separately after some more name-calling.
 
Back to what is happening…
 
After 15 minutes more, the whole school personnel have assembled on the stage. The headmistress scans every face of her faculty and staff present and then glances at the eager and getting impatient student crowd. She takes the center seat and gives the signal to the one person that will lead and will facilitate the general meeting. It is none other than the woman, who thought of it from the start, Mizuno-sensei.
 
“Good Day, Minna-san!” Mizuno-sensei said on the microphone. The students responded lazily with a “Good Day”.
 
“If I can be serious for a moment, I'm sure all of us here will know what we are all doing here inside of the auditorium on this wonderful day.” The student body now sits quietly for her speech. Kanata just looks at Mizuno-sensei's form at front. Miyu only hopes that nothing bad happens, if Mizuno-sensei's speech is what Kanata and herself are thinking.
 
“Now as most of you know, Heiomachi High School has been the cesspool of intrigue regarding of the consensual sexual relations between school personnel, namely teachers and then the students.” Mizuno sensei exclaimed without hesitation.
 
This bomb that she dropped caused a great deal of buzzing sounds through out the student body. The headmistress observes quietly on her seat. Before the assembly even began, she had a talk with Mizuno-sensei to be careful enough on what she would say. She prays that the issue will be solved by this way rather than create a scar to those involved. “Mizuno-sensei.” She murmured.
 
“The relationship between teacher and student is the foundation of the academic mission of the University. This relationship vests considerable trust in the teacher, who, in turn, bears the responsibility to serve as mentor, educator and evaluator. In discharging this responsibility, teachers are accountable for behaving in a manner that reflects the highest levels of professional responsibility, recognizes the dignity and worth of each person at the University, and protects the integrity of the student-teacher relationship.” She continued.
 
 
(At Natsumi's row)
 
“I didn't expect this, did you?” Miyuki asked her best friend quietly.
 
“Do you think the administration is fed up with all of the intrigue going on around here, coz I think they are trying to straight things up with this.” Chiaki commented at the back.
 
“She hasn't said any names yet but let's listen to what Mizuno-sensei has got to say.” Natsumi crosses her arms as she listens intently.
 
 
(At Miyu's row)
 
“I'm sure Mizuno-sensei will be referring this speech in general.” Nanami murmured.
 
“You really guess so?” Miyu said.
 
“I think she's right. I think Mizuno-sensei won't be careless enough to violate the right of confidentiality and say any names.”
 
 
(At Kanata's area)
 
“Consensual relationship between a teacher and a student, huh? Strangely enough, it's rather interesting, don't you think so Saionji-sensei?” Nozomu looks Kanata on the corner of his eye.
 
“It's not a big revelation to me if you find it that way, Hikarigaoka-sensei. That's right in your alley.” He retorted.
 
“I'm appalled you think of me of such a way, Saionji-kun.” Nozomu smiles. “After all, aint we just humans, you and I?”
 
Kanata only responds with a scowl.
 
 
(Back at center stage)
 
“Faculty-student relationships carry risks of conflict of interest, breach of trust, abuse of power, and breach of professional ethics. For these reasons, teachers must not engage in any consensual sexual relationships with a student while the faculty member is in a position of supervisory academic authority with respect to the student. Nor may a teacher assert any supervisory academic authority with respect to a student who was the subject of a previous consensual sexual relationship. “
 
Everyone is listening in silence.
 
“This prohibition extends to consensual sexual relationships between a graduate or professional student and an undergraduate when the graduate or professional student has some supervisory academic responsibility for the undergraduate, to consensual sexual relationships between department chairs and students in that department, to consensual sexual relationships between graduate advisors, program directors, and all others, each of whom is considered a teacher; who have supervisory academic responsibility for a student and that student. When a teacher-student consensual sexual relationship exists, has previously existed, or develops, the teacher must decline to participate in any evaluative or supervisory academic activity with respect to the student.”
 
Mizuno-sensei took out her copy of the campus by laws and flashed it to the student body.
 
“All that I said is right here on the campus by laws. It also states that The Provost, deans, department chairs, and other administrators should respond to reports of prohibited sexual relationships by inquiring further, and if such reports appear to be accurate, initiating appropriate disciplinary action or remedial measures against the teacher involved. Egregious breach of this policy is adequate cause for termination under paragraph 12(C) of the Statement of Principles Governing Faculty Relationships. Non-consensual sexual relationships are prohibited by the non-discriminatory harassment policy.” She added.
 
The faculty and student body remains silent.
 
The headmistress stood up and slowly made her pace to the center stage where Mizuno-sensei is waiting for her share of the issue.
 
“Ladies and gentlemen. Our school is facing in a dilemma brought out by outrageous prepositions and intrigue.” The headmistress spoke clearly on the microphone. “There are special problems in any romantic or sexual relationship between individuals where one party possesses direct academic, administrative, supervisory, evaluative, counseling, or extracurricular authority over the other party. Such positions include, but are not limited to, teacher and student or assistant, supervisor and employee, senior faculty and junior faculty, mentor and trainee, advisor and advisee, counselor and client, teaching assistant and student, coach and athlete, and the individuals who supervise the day-to-day student living environment and student residents. A unique problem occurs when a consensual relationship takes place between a teacher and a student and the student is enrolled in one of the teacher's courses, or when the student is likely to be enrolled in such a course in the future. Such relationships are of significant concern to the University because of the ethical and administrative problems they can pose. Because of the potential for conflict of interest, exploitation, favoritism, harassment and bias, such relationships may undermine the real or perceived integrity of the supervision and evaluation provided, and the trust inherent particularly in the teacher-student context.”
 
Mizuno-sensei received another microphone and started to stroll around the stage. “There are numerous ways in which a consensual romantic or sexual relationship can create problems within the University community. For example: What seems to be consensual to the party in the position of authority may well be unwelcome or coercive from the perspective of the other party. Where a party has the ability to grade, advance, promote, recommend, or otherwise influence the employment or academic status of another, that person may fear that refusal will result in loss of employment or academic benefit. They may even consent to the relationship even though it is in fact unwelcome.”
 
She turned her head from the left and then to the right to see how the students are getting all of these. “There is also a serious risk that either party may exploit the other. The more senior person may be interested in the other person solely for sexual or romantic reasons, but the other person may construe that attention to be due to intellect and academic interest. There is also the risk that the person with less authority might seek out a relationship solely because of a desire to obtain some academic or employment benefit from the relationship. The circumstances may change, and conduct that was previously welcome may become unwelcome. Prior consent does not remove grounds for a charge based upon subsequent unwelcome conduct.”
 
The headmistress raised her microphone again and started to continue her side of the speech. “The relationship can cause problems for both parties and harm the academic and work environment at the University. There is the appearance, and often the reality, of a conflict of interest on the part of both parties to the relationship. Third parties may believe that the person in authority favors the other person because of the relationship, thus creating an atmosphere of suspicion and resentment among others who think that person is obtaining undeserved benefits. No University employee shall enter into or maintain any romantic or sexual relationships with students or with employees over whom they exercise any academic, administrative, supervisory, evaluative, counseling or extracurricular authority or influence. Similarly, no University employee shall exercise any academic, administrative, supervisory, evaluative, counseling or extracurricular authority over any student or employee with whom that employee had previously been involved in a romantic or sexual relationship.”
 
Mizuno-sensei makes her way back to the center stage, and on the process, makes eye contact with Kanata. She doesn't make any facial gestures but her stare gives him the same message that she's been trying to spread out to the rest of the people inside the auditorium.
 
“Teaching professionals in particular are under a special obligation to preserve the integrity of their relationships with students, and therefore are expected to maintain at all times the highest level of professionalism with students, whether or not any real or perceived authority over the student exists.” Mizuno said in a firm striking voice.
 
 
===============================
 
 
(Home…)
 
After such a grueling day of litany from the headmistress and Mizuno-sensei, Kanata and Miyu find themselves once again alone together having their dinner. Since the minute they came back, neither one would even talk about the assembly or even about anything.
 
Miyu is not comfortable with such awkward situations like this. She likes it better when somebody is talking. She loves to be the one who will be doing all the talking but with all of the craziness that has transpired hours ago, she finds it hard to talk for some reason.
 
It was just this morning that the two of them were lively and fighting. Now they returned once again to the same serene thing like yesterday. Miyu steals a few glances of Kanata and wonders what things are going through his head at that moment. But she can't read anything from him aside from his way of sipping his soup with his spoon.
 
What about Kanata? Mizuno-sensei has finally spoken and left her mark. Lucky for him, she didn't mention any names in particular. He remembered what Mizuno-sensei said to him yesterday at his classroom before she left.
 
“It's not like I have personal beef with you Saionji-sensei. I'm just a student advocate looking out for the students' wellness to guide them in self-righteousness. I don't mean to intrude in your privacy in any way beyond my own concern.”
 
He knows that Mizuno-sensei's intentions are just. She is indeed just being a student advocate. Probably a whole lot more than he is, Heck, he is damn sure that she is a whole lot more than he is. Maybe it's time to act now. Mizuno-sensei has already made her move to protect every student. Now it's his turn to make his move to protect even just one.
 
After the meal, Miyu is at his room gazing at the evening view of the sky and the twinkling lights of the buildings that are etched at the horizon. The evening wind blows gently to her face and she feels it's cool temperature. She loves this part of Kanata's room. Sometimes she wanted to ask him to trade rooms, either that or suggesting to share his room with her during the evenings. But she knows that is such a bogus request.
 
“It's really beautiful here,” Miyu murmured, venturing out a few steps on her own to break the closeness and take the pressure off. The breeze blows across her cheeks and face like the finger touches of angels. She stares out over the city, watching the waves lap up on the beach at a distance as the wind tosses her hair first into her eyes and then streamlines it away from her face as she turns her head. She knows it would get tangled. She hardly notices the cold.
 
From behind, Kanata's hand reaches suddenly around her waist and she shivers, starting slightly. She isn't sure when he had approached her, but the contact threatens to break the barrier that is the silence she imagines between them. The touch is light. She can barely feels his hands at all, but as his hand settles just above the curve of her left hip, her left hand crosses over her body to hold him there. He steps closer and she feels him looming behind her, larger and stronger and harder than she thinks. Her eyes stare straight ahead of her, her stomach trembles under his hand. She feels his head leaning close to her so that his breath blows warm and gentle across her neck and cheeks. A thought strikes her that if she turns her head, she might kiss him, but she rather doesn't. Yet Kanata's right hand touches her hair, his fingers threading lightly through it, and the sensation is so pleasant and so lulling that she closes her eyes and manages to stop trembling. When he speaks the following words, it is in a whisper, for her ears alone.
 
“It's strange,” he said so softly she barely understood him. “When I'm around you I feel as if I ought to be somewhere else.” He hesitated. His hands were still on her body and in her hair, softly touching her. He doesn't seem to know what he is doing, but she wants more of it. “I don't know what to think.”
 
Miyu wants to sink into the ground or melt backward into him. She has her eyes closed still and can't open them. A sense of pleasure is coursing through her; full and soft and steady, yet so powerful she can hardly contain it. Kanata's absent-minded touches are setting it off, stroking the life out of her, feelings she doesn't know she had. She is like a cat about to purr. Those feelings flicker inside her like the wings of butterflies brushing her soul, causing her to feel nauseous and sensuous at the same time. The soft and heated burning of desire glows like an ember.
 
She realizes with surprise just how much she really wanted him to kiss and hold her. But she doesn't have the energy to open her eyes, much less turn around, and Kanata isn't moving. If he isn't going to kiss her, she at least wishes that he would hold her tightly. She already knows that Kanata has a fit about initiating such an act, or at least that is what she thinks. His hand moving through her hair is so relaxing and so sensitive she wants to disappear into the feeling.
 
The feeling abates suddenly and she opens her eyes, feeling a sense of loss draining out of her as his hands leaving her and she comes aware of herself independent from him. The wind blows about her with a touch more chill than she notices before and she clutches her shoulder to keep the warmth in.
 
Kanata is looking out over the city now, quiet and contemplative. Whatever he is thinking can't visually be seen, but Miyu can't help trying. Is he looking at the stars or the sea?
 
He turns to look at her and she approaches him as if it was a summons, malleable by his eyes alone. He turns his head as she draws close, but when she stops within inches of him he looks back at her and her heart begins pounding. She can't stop staring at his mouth, and knows the darting of her eyes must give her away. She has never before noticed how long and full his lashes were as she finds herself glancing at them momentarily. Swallowing, she looks away.
 
She wants to put her hands on his waist and feel his body to make sure he is real and solid and tangible. And she wants him to kiss her more desperately than ever, but a twinge of doubt remains. Perhaps she is wrong. And perhaps he doesn't feel the same way about her. They had been through so much, and so much had changed and was changing. As much as she wants him close she also wants him to remain constant and she is afraid too much change will drive him away from her for good. He simply can't be as well adjusted, as he is pretending, not after the part he has played in a war that, for him, has lasted a lifetime, the war between his instincts against his reason.
 
He touches her cheek suddenly and she lifts her head, surprises to feel something like tears in her eyes, but only cold sweat. They stand inches apart, facing each other with their spines straight and their feet firmly planted. Miyu's hands are clenched into fists at her side now. Kanata stands like an impassible structure with one hand casually lifted to her face, raising her head so that she is looking him in the eyes. His eyes are stationary, his expression unreadable, his body posture self contained and unexpressive. Miyu's heart pounds in her chest with a dull thud that echoes in her ears.
 
Miyu studies his face, tracing the lines and structures to find a clue to how he is going to respond. It is rare that she is able to predict what he is going to say. It all remains buried inside of him. She can't even read it in his eyes. Sometimes, she can feel his thoughts, though, like a resonating of emotion. But the words are always a mystery until he speaks them.
 
She leans her cheek against his hand in relief and gratitude. He watches her with searching eyes, scanning her face, her small nose and cheekbones, her pale green eyes and creamy skin. As she feels the coolness of her hand against her flesh she wishes for him to kiss her, kiss her right now, under the gleaming starlight that overlooks the city, with sincere words and something like promises that they have exchanged between them from the previous nights. She envisions it in her mind, his leaning close, capturing her lips, igniting to flame the ember that burned low.
 
But he already made up his mind a while ago to protect him and her, though she doesn't really know that idea or how he's going to pull it off.
 
Closing her eyes, she smothers her disappointment and said nothing.
 
Just as she is about to pull away and walk back, she feels his arms encircle her body roughly and suddenly, his hands digging into her sweater and clutching her tight. She allows herself to be pulled close to him; her head falling sideway against his chest, inhaling his scent and feeling him surround her simultaneously. She cuddles close, not asking questions to which she will find no answers. He hugs her and she takes a moment to take in the material feel of him, a body that is not perfectly formed yet feels perfect to her. Pressed up against him, she seems more vulnerable than she expects, and for a flash she feels that getting really close to him is possible.
 
“Why don't you tell me what it is in your mind?”
 
Kanata releases her from his embrace and looks at her. This is it. Now is the time. He should listen to what Mizuno-sensei and the Headmistress. In fact, he should have done this long before everything has gotten worse. Though he knows that everything at school has indeed gotten worse, he cant deny from himself that everything else in his life has gotten better… all because of her.
 
"I don't think we should talk to each other anymore."
 
Whoa! Wait a tic, she doesn't want that straight forward of an answer.
 
"What...?" She feels her heart stop.
 
"I don't think it's appropriate for us to be this close."
 
"D-datte! We're just frie—"
 
Friends? Who she kidding?
 
"The fact still remains that we are teacher and student Kouzuki." He said with no emotion in his voice. “If you weren't listening to Mizuno-sensei earlier, here is the Campus by Laws. Look it up.” He said coldly, waving the booklet at her face then tossing the thing to the bed.
 
"I—"She began but couldn't find the words.
 
Kanata waits for any of her outburst but nothing. He is rooting that she might get atleast a bit upset about this. Though no matter what the outcome, he wishes to God that she would not make this harder for the both of them.
 
He is not thinking of saving them both from the line of fire. Not anymore. He is thinking of saving just her. He decided that he'll protect her, but he can't protect her by keeping this all up and try to keep everything classified.
 
He is expressionless while she is having trouble what emotion to express.
 
He needs to be cruel to kind.
 
A minute passed, then Miyu gets up wordlessly and leaves to go to her room.
 
As another minute idly rambles by, she comes out changed and ready to go. Where? Back to where she should have been from the start.
 
 
“Wanya-chan” The cat immediately wakes up and comes to her side.
 
When she is about to get Wanya, her cellphone starts to ring. She let it ring a few more times refusing to answer it right away. She isn't quite in the mood. She will rather let the phone receive a voice mail from whomever it is that's calling her.
 
“Hello Miyu…”
 
That voice is familiar.
 
“Honey, it's me your Mom. If you cant get to your phone right now, I just want to say that me, Dad and your baby brother will be coming home. We'll be there by tomorrow noon. See you soon honey.”
 
With so little information, it manages to bring a little smile on her lips but only that much it can provide her right now. She puts her phone inside her bag and heads out. She wishes that he wouldn't have held her like that earlier because she couldn't be more confused. She can sense him seeing her off from a few feet away behind her.
 
Was all of this a part of his plan? To play her? To make her detest him? Because if it was, it worked.
 
She opens the door and gives one last glance back, "I trusted you, Kanata." Then she looks down a sad smile on her face.
 
And some how, there still wasn't a bit of anger in her voice.
 
“I hope you find it in your heart to understand, Miyu…” Kanata uttered softly, hoping that the evening gale carries his message to the one girl who just left.
 
Tsuzuku
 
| |
| |
| |
| |
-------------------
\ /
\ /
\ /
\ /
\ /
\/
Check out the GREEN BOX below saying WRITE REVIEW and click on it