Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Why Not ❯ Kanata and Miyu's Time Apart ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
PREVIOUSLY ON WHY NOT…
 
(a few excerpts from chapter 8,9,and 14)
 
“If I knew that this was going to be our first and only date, I would have hesitated to come in the first place to know her real intentions were.”
 
Miyu could barely make out his crouched form. She doesn't understand what he was talking about but she just let him speak out the words eventually.
 
“It's over.”
 
Miyu bent down and put her arm delicately on his shoulder, not knowing what to say. She wanted to know more behind everything that has transpired during his meeting with Akira. She can't… not right now.
 
“I was so upset about it that the last thing I said to her was to leave me alone…” Kanata's voice croaked, “like she did to me back then.”
 
“I know…” Miyu began, “I know the feeling.” She wrapped another arm around Kanata's shoulders.
 
“Before I came here at Heiomachi, I had this thing with a guy back at my last school. He really seemed nice and all and every little thing that he did for me flattered me a lot because he was the only one who thoroughly showed a lot of effort just to get my attention.”
 
Miyu rested her head on top of Kanata's, “I didn't know much of the dating world even up till now. Back then, I was sure that I'm ready for it, and gradually I learned to feel the same thing for him. My first love, so does speak. But I was younger and less smart. I soon found out that he hits on every new girl that is admitted on that school."
 
“I learned the truth the hard way and saw him actually doing it after telling him what I feel.”
 
“I couldn't think straight soon after and every following day I kinda lost track and affected my studies. Each time I walk through those halls I cant help but to feel that everyone was glaring and laughing at me for being one of his victims. It was so embarrassing that it was so hard to forget everything. Then my folks decided for us to move and the rest is what we call history.”
 
-------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------
 
“Hey, little Miyu.” said a masculine voice… and a familiar one too.
 
Miyu turned around to meet two familiar faces, “Looks like we have met again.”
 
“Wh-What are you doing here, Seiya?” Miyu backed away almost fearfully.
 
“My family moved a while ago,” Seiya smirked,” And I just happened to be transferred to this school. And I met a good friend of yours, Natsumi.”
 
“She's no friend of mine.” Miyu spat at the sight of Natsumi's figure beside him. Natsumi just smirks at her with such glint on her eyes. It seems that she acquired a very interesting facts about the blonde that she dislikes with a passion.
 
“I don't understand how you could even make a single friend here considering,” Seiya let out a cold laugh, “Should I say it Natsumi?”
 
“This bitch needs to pay her dues...” Natsumi chortled.
 
“You were…”
 
“STOP IT!” Miyu's feet dug into the ground.
 
“Oh, I see,” Seiya crossed his shoulders, “You still haven't gotten over it, have you?”
 
Miyu's eyes open wide. An image of her past being taunted by everyone for falling in love with a guy who really didn't cared about her.
 
“Didn't I explained it to you back then? You were really never worth the attention. That's why you don't see your folks most of the time.”
 
“It's-It's not true...”
 
`We're going to pursue our childhood dreams so we will be busy to look after you'
 
“And it seems that your father will not be staying here as planned, right? What was that… Oh yeah just like the last time…” Seiya placed his hand on the locker besides Miyu's head to continue his verbal torture.
 
“STOP IT!” Miyu fell to her knees and began to cry,
 
Natsumi is having a field day witnessing this. She hasn't smiled like this since Kanata became one of her teachers.
 
“So both of your parents can live there at America and take care of your little baby brother leaving you all alone again.”
 
“I was wrong to share you that much of my life! I was wrong to trust you! I was wrong to even think that you actually cared!”
 
-------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------
 
“SAIONJI-SENSEI!!” Aya screeched. “MI-MI—“, she was obviously out of breath.
 
“Miyu has been missing from school form four and a half days. Well actually I called Kouzuki-san and he says that she refuses to come out of her room!”
 
Kanata's eyes narrowed. “Why?”
 
“Well, there's been a rumor going around...”
 
-------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------
 
“Your father's persuasion is true though. I do have something to tell you about sensei.” Nanami sat besides Miyu's on her bed.
 
“Well you heard Saionji-sensei was back,” Nanami said brightly, “He was just at this Akira girl's marriage meeting.”
 
Miyu nodded.
 
“Well, as soon as he heard about what that guy you knew from junior high school said to you...” Nanami paused, “Well, they had a little `talk' after school.”
 
“What do you mean by...'talk'?” Miyu raised her eyebrows skeptically.
 
“Let's just say Kanata is in trouble for attacking a student and right now. That Seiya guy looks totally innocent because Natsumi was there to witness it all...she says that Seiya wasn't fighting back at all.”
 
“That's cause Seiya's a WIMP!” Miyu screeched, “Yah for Saionji! He beat up Seiya!” Miyu cheered.
 
“But by trouble I mean,” Nanami frowned, “He may get fired trouble.”
 
-------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
“MATTE!” Miyu screamed, by now bending over and breathing harshly.
 
“Kouzu—“ Kanata looked up surprised.
 
“Look miss, I am in some important business right now.”
 
“Hai, hai. I know Your Majesty!” Miyu bowed. “Demo, I found something that may have been over looked!”
 
“Konishi Aya-san had set up her cellphone in video camera mode to shoot for a photo collage she was planning on with her new phone. She was going to set it up for a week at the park to see all the changes that took place. And combine them.” Aya said to the man.
 
“And what does this got to do with anything, miss?” the superintendent inquired.
 
“Well Your Excellency it also happened to capture Saionji-sensei and Yaboshi Seiya-san's fight. Just press this button here so you can play the footage.” Miyu handed the cellphone to the superintendent raised his brows up high.
 
“Let me see.” He took the phone and pressed the button
 
“You couldn't hear much of anything from where I was standing but it was seen clearly that Seiya threw the first punch.” Aya explained to the man holding her cellphone watching the scene of the crime.
 
“Yes, yes...” The superintendent mused, “This changes the outcome of my decision. But even if Saionji-sensei was defending himself, he should have just walked away.”
 
“And he was protecting me from...this....BILE!” Miyu dramatically pointed to Seiya. “He was spreading evil rumors around the school about me! And I was so beside myself I had to stay home, Your Honor! Not to mention the childish nicknames he gave me… what was that other one?”
 
The superintendent turned his head to Seiya.
 
“Oh god, you're one of those jerks!?” Suddenly flames burst out from no where, “YOU SHALL BE PUNISHED SEVERLY!!!!”
 
-------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------
 
“There is also a serious risk that either party may exploit the other. The more senior person may be interested in the other person solely for sexual or romantic reasons, but the other person may construe that attention to be due to intellect and academic interest. There is also the risk that the person with less authority might seek out a relationship solely because of a desire to obtain some academic or employment benefit from the relationship. The circumstances may change, and conduct that was previously welcome may become unwelcome. Prior consent does not remove grounds for a charge based upon subsequent unwelcome conduct.”
 
“The relationship can cause problems for both parties and harm the academic and work environment at the University. There is the appearance, and often the reality, of a conflict of interest on the part of both parties to the relationship. Third parties may believe that the person in authority favors the other person because of the relationship, thus creating an atmosphere of suspicion and resentment among others who think that person is obtaining undeserved benefits. No University employee shall enter into or maintain any romantic or sexual relationships with students or with employees over whom they exercise any academic, administrative, supervisory, evaluative, counseling or extracurricular authority or influence. Similarly, no University employee shall exercise any academic, administrative, supervisory, evaluative, counseling or extracurricular authority over any student or employee with whom that employee had previously been involved in a romantic or sexual relationship.”
 
Mizuno-sensei makes her way back to the center stage, and on the process, makes eye contact with Kanata. She doesn't make any facial gestures but her stare gives him the same message that she's been trying to spread out to the rest of the people inside the auditorium.
 
“Teaching professionals in particular are under a special obligation to preserve the integrity of their relationships with students, and therefore are expected to maintain at all times the highest level of professionalism with students, whether or not any real or perceived authority over the student exists.” Mizuno said in a firm striking voice.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------
 
“It's strange,” he said so softly she barely understood him. “When I'm around you I feel as if I ought to be somewhere else.” He hesitated. His hands were still on her body and in her hair, softly touching her. He doesn't seem to know what he is doing, but she wants more of it. “I don't know what to think.”
 
Just as she is about to pull away and walk back, she feels his arms encircle her body roughly and suddenly, his hands digging into her sweater and clutching her tight. She allows herself to be pulled close to him; her head falling sideway against his chest, inhaling his scent and feeling him surround her simultaneously. She cuddles close, not asking questions to which she will find no answers. He hugs her and she takes a moment to take in the material feel of him, a body that is not perfectly formed yet feels perfect to her. Pressed up against him, she seems more vulnerable than she expects, and for a flash she feels that getting really close to him is possible.
 
“Why don't you tell me what it is in your mind?”
 
Kanata releases her from his embrace and looks at her. This is it. Now is the time. He should listen to what Mizuno-sensei and the Headmistress. In fact, he should have done this long before everything has gotten worse. Though he knows that everything at school has indeed gotten worse, he cant deny from himself that everything else in his life has gotten better… all because of her.
 
"I don't think we should talk to each other anymore."
 
Whoa! Wait a tic, she doesn't want that straight forward of an answer.
 
"What...?" She feels her heart stop.
 
"I don't think it's appropriate for us to be this close."
 
"D-datte! We're just frie—"
 
Friends? Who she kidding?
 
"The fact still remains that we are teacher and student Kouzuki." He said with no emotion in his voice. “If you weren't listening to Mizuno-sensei earlier, here is the Campus by Laws. Look it up.” He said coldly, waving the booklet at her face then tossing the thing to the bed.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------
 
She opens the door and gives one last glance back, "I trusted you, Kanata." Then she looks down a sad smile on her face.
 
And some how, there still wasn't a bit of anger in her voice.
 
“I hope you find it in your heart to understand, Miyu…” Kanata uttered softly, hoping that the evening gale carries his message to the one girl who just left.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
 
 
WHY NOT
Chapter 15: Kanata and Miyu's Time Apart
(A/N: I don't own D!3)
 
 
 
The cherry blossoms scatter its pinkish benevolence up to the bluish sky and through out the greenery of the plain, where two souls are enjoying the beautiful sight as the wind calms them along with the petals.
 
 
“I have something to tell you Seiya.” said a female voice.
 
“Isn't wonderful to watch?” said the other.
 
“You're not listening to me again.” said the girl pouting.
 
“Oh I'm sorry. I was so captivated by the cherry blossoms that's all.” said Seiya apologetically.
 
“It seems you're more interested on the cherry blossoms than me.”
 
“No don't say that. I'm liking it because you're with me. However compared to you, it's nothing because nothing else compels me when I'm not with you.” Smiled Seiya. To top it all off, he removes his blue cap from his blonde head and places it comfortably on hers, which she cheerfully accepts.
 
“You sure know how to sweet talk a girl, don't you?”
 
“Not really. No. So what is it that you're going to say?”
 
“Well we may not have known each other for a long time but…”
 
“But…?”
 
“But I cant I cant help to feel that there's a connection between us, you know?”
 
“No doubt about that.”
 
“And you were the sweetest and nicest person that befriended me since I got here. You were very persistent about it, too. I tried to push anybody away from me because I don't want to gain another person close to me just so I can loose it in the long run. Eventually we started to talk with each other, and we talk a lot and I told you almost everything in my life.”
 
“What are you trying…”
 
“Let me finish. What I'm trying to say is that… I think I'm falling for you Seiya.”
 
“Was that all you have got to say?”
 
“What was that suppose to mean? I was pouring my heart out here, you idiot!”
 
“No, no! That's not it. You almost scared me back there with that kind of mood going on. I am relieved though. Seriously.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Because I feel the same way about you. For quite a while now actually. No! From the very moment that I laid my eyes on you. Seriously.”
 
“Shut up!” said the blushing girl as she taps the boy's shoulder.
 
“You shut up.” The boys grin with glee as he returned the favor by tackling her down to the green lawn under the very same cherry blossoms tree that the are seeking shelter from the bright rays of the spring sunshine.
 
And at that time, their eyes lock with each other, nothing like before. Each containing the same passion but with contrasting amount in which one pair is like trying to prove that it has more emotion in it than the other.
 
Both of them are flushing red as their hearts pump in rapid succession, rushing more blood up to their faces, all because of their proximity and confession of their feelings. Nature tries to push the envelope of love further by throwing another gale upon the land just for their cooling comfort on their heated moment. However the real reason is that so the gust could blow the darn hat to the soft grass from the female's head because it serves as a hindrance for what is about to happen.
 
Their faces gently and slowly creep towards each other. Hesitance plays it's part as both minds are asking the questions “should we do this now?” and “are we ready?”.
 
But hesitance is not enough reason for them to stop them.
 
No chance in hell.
 
“Seiya.” Whispers the girl to the face that is hovering over hers.
 
“Miyu…”
 
“Miyu…”
 
“Miyu…”
 
“MIYU?!”
 
 
“WAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!”
 
 
Seiya Yaboshi. A 17 year old boy and a student from Heiomachi High School. He was given a two-week suspension by the school superintended for assaulting an educator. It was over a month already since his last encounter with the school teacher Saionji Kanata and his so called “personal friend” Kouzuki Miyu.
 
For quite some time now, Seiya is not having a peaceful night's sleep lately. He is having the same dreams involving cherry blossoms, green grass, a gust of wind and especially Kouzuki Miyu.
 
Normally when someone awakens from a dream, he usually recalls vivid remnants of it. In Seiya's case, he is sweating all over with drops trickling down his white tanktop. All because he remembers everything that happened in his dream.
 
He is having the same dream every night for the last few days. However, repetition is not the reason he was able to remember his dream. Nope.
 
He remembers it well because what happened in that dream really did happened between him and Kouzuki Miyu.
 
Seiya leaves his covers and goes straight to the bath room, with just a tanktop and short boxers and all. (AN: Yeah you Seiya fans can imagine that and drool).
 
He turns on the faucet and splashes the running water to his face a few times to let himself cool down. He needs to cool down really. He cups his hands close together, gather up some water from the faucet then runs his liquid filled hands through his yellowish strands.
 
He shakes his head a few times and takes a good look at his bathroom mirror. He winks his eyes out of his disbelief of what he's been having for the last few days.
 
“Oh no, that dream again… why do I keep having the same dream over and over again?” the blonde boy said. “What's this feeling I'm having anyway?”
 
Seiya closes his eyes and thinks about that one part of his dream when he is face to face with Kouzuki Miyu. He can't help but to blush all of the sudden.
 
He remembers the whole damn thing when she confessed to him a couple of years back. He also remembers that it was all just a ploy and made her junior high school life miserable.
 
He learned that she's transferred at Heiomachi High School and conspired with Sujimoto Natsumi to add more insult to injury, however, got punished accordingly by the school superintended.
 
He liked it then and still somehow liked it now.
 
But what has changed?
 
Was it because she grew braver, stronger and wiser?
 
Was it because she is a different person than what she was before?
 
“No.” said Seiya with a smile creeping up on his face. “I knew my Miyu first and more than anybody else she has newly known.”
 
Seiya leans on the sink, takes a big breath and sighs it out. “Miyu is still the same girl. Only she is not alone anymore.”
 
Then the thought of one particular individual comes to his mind.
“Saionji Kanata…” he whispered.
 
Seiya feels an oddly urge to punch something. Though with enough restraint, he simmers down. He thinks it over and explores the strange feeling that has bothering him.
 
Back then, his sick demented behavior that almost ruined Miyu for life was just a mere façade of what he truly felt about her. Yes he did hit on every girl on junior high and yet he did said that what he felt about her was mutual. However, he denied it upon himself and chose to be an ass.
 
He is just one of those people who loves tormenting the person they truly cared.
 
And now came Saionji Kanata.
 
To simply put it, he is just one of those people who would rather be rough around the edges around the person they truly cared yet can be as smooth when necessary.
 
Maybe that's why Miyu is fond with the teacher.
 
What Kanata has on his advantage is that he shows that he cares for the girl subconsciously and denies it entirely because of some obvious reasons.
 
On the other hand, Seiya's mistake is that even though deep inside he likes to embrace the girl, he would rather choose to see her tripping herself to a puddle of mud and be laughed at.
 
Both guys are two pieces, carved differently from a big pie called denial.
 
Then it hit hard and clear. His feelings towards Miyu are slowly re-igniting.
 
Truth to be told, what he loves about that dream is the part where he is about to kiss her. He never did have the chance to capture her lips. The next thing that has happened was that there were people who came barged in and ruined the moment, and the very next day, well… was history.
 
He chose to think with his groin rather than with his brain. He chose to listen with his loins rather than with his heart. Not to mention he also made a fool out her in front of the students of their junior high. It's a teenage boy's problem that comes natural. However, he knew that if things didn't turned out the way they were, he would have been her first kiss.
 
Thinking about it, he is kinda agitated that perhaps that damn teacher may have beaten him to the punch. It could happen. Saionji is still young at heart and far not invulnerable to a youthful charm of a girl such as Miyu's.
 
Before, Seiya found Miyu quite interesting for her naivety and well mannered nature. But now, since she barged inside the superintendent's office, he finds her newly acquired spunk and aggressiveness ravishing. Although Natsumi once said to him that those things about Miyu will someday serve as her downward spiral.
 
“Oh my God! I think I like her LIKE her… again!”
 
With all of the things rushing into his mind one after another, he decides to step out of his bathroom and gets dressed to take a walk outside under the cool late night sky. The confusion, desire, and jealousy are just so endearing that he needs to clear things out for himself to know what he really wants, and also hoping that it is not too late to turn things around.
 
“I gotta get out of here!”
 
*******
 
 
 
It isn't really that late of night. The moon is way up above the velvet sky, surrounded by the stars and without a single wisp of clouds floating in the heavens. Down below, the cobble streets are almost empty, a sign that a lot of people are falling under the spell of the sandman for the due evening slumber. Some cars are parked at each side of the roads, their luminous shine being reflected by the shimmering light brought by the post lamps.
 
The streets are almost empty because there is one person walking on them. With her bag and pet Wannya on her grasps, Kouzuki Miyu is keeping her pace to get home. It's been quite a while since she stepped out of the Math Teacher's apartment and she knows that she should have reached home by the now. The only problem is that she still thinks about the things that happened back there that she keeps making random turns along the way.
 
Is she upset? Yes. Is she crying? Well not anymore. She didn't shed a lot of tears though. Why should she? Her brain keeps raising the banner that there is nothing between her and Saionji Kanata, despite of what others think. But how come that she feels that her heart has its fingers crossed?
 
Minutes after Kanata brought up the school-by-laws up on her face, she went from denial and then some time later, she is now on anger. Her constant muttering echoes through out the street that she's walking. And since it's the only sound that is radiating this evening, it's loud enough to her ears for her to listen. But she doesn't care. Hell she doesn't even care looking where he is going because her eyes are staring at her two feet, trying to out run each other.
 
What she's muttering? All of the curses and swears that there is on the book. And there are some words that aren't even there yet that she's no shame on saying.
 
As she approaches the next intersection, she bumps into someone's chest, causing her and the stranger to loose their equilibrium. The other was able to hold on a nearby post lamp while Miyu on the other hand, isn't so fortunate. She has her baggage with her that gravity didn't help her to keep a steady stance so she falls flat on her derrière.
 
“I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I going and…” Miyu apologizes sincerely because it's kinda her fault but before she could even finish her sentence, she raises her head from bowing and sees the last person she is wishing to meet.
 
“YOU!”
 
The stranger only smiled at the girl and reaches out a hand to her.
 
“It's okay Miyu. We weren't expecting that were on a collision course. Here let me help you.” The person said.
 
Miyu slaps his hand away and averts her gaze away from the guy. “If I want help from somebody I wont seek it from you, Yaboshi!”
 
That striking tone from her really hits the spot, as far as Seiya is concerned. That's why he still offered his hand, even though it is quite apparent that Miyu still hates his guts.
 
“C'mon Miyu, you have got to get off that spot sooner or later. Don't worry. My hand doesn't bite.” Seiya chuckled.
 
Miyu raises her right eyebrow still hesitant about the offer. Wannya is waddling behind her. It seems that the pet is not exactly Seiya's number one fan.
 
“It's clean.”
 
Eventually the cold street is starting to overcome the fabric of her pants so she gathers her bag and Wannya then takes Seiya's hand. Seiya makes a good grip on her hand and boosts her up. Quite soon enough Miyu is able to stand on her own two feet.
 
“Since when did you become so gentleman-like? It's not like you., Yaboshi.” She hissed.
 
“I'm not much of a gentleman but I can be nice if I wanted to. And please call me Seiya. Just like before, Miyu.”
 
“Forget it. Now if you excuse me, please release me from your iron vice hold on my delicate little hand so I can continue on with my business.”
 
Seiya looks at the body part she is talking about and realizes that he hasn't let go of her hand yet. Ofcourse the right thing to do is to follow her request.
 
Nah, he didn't mean to hold it for that long. He's just spaced out because he has this thing for Miyu again.
 
“Where are you headed, anyway? It's quite late. Aren't you supposed to be home at this hour? Seiya interrogated.
 
“Why do you care, jerk!” she huffed.
 
Now Miyu's tone towards him sounds a little different, though Seiya knows that he can't blame her for being this way. What he doesn't know is that along with the intense dislikeness to Seiya, she is also blowing off steam. It's called projection, where a person directs its aggression towards other people other than the one responsible for the said aggression.
 
Seiya looks at her seriously. And for the first time after several months since they first met, Miyu finds again the Yaboshi Seiya who flattered and courted her before that faithful day when he turned the other cheek.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
 
*** Heiomachi Park ***
 
We find Seiya and Miyu on the swings. Seiya finally convinced her to talk to him but Miyu still has her defenses up against whatever Seiya's got in store. They aren't together as friends for now but they are here as acquaintances.
 
“So what have you been doing on your 2 week suspension?” the girl said as her body swings forward.
 
“Nothing much. Ever since the superintendent passed judgment on me, I've spent more time at home.” Seiya said while keeping his swing perfectly still.
 
“Doing what?”
 
“Video games. Lots and lots of video games.”
 
“You're such a guy.”
 
“I'm kidding!” he snickered. “Actually I read our textbooks and some notes.”
 
“Seriously?”
“Seriously. You don't expect me to fail my subjects just because I got suspended for ten school days.”
 
“Do I need to remind you that it was your fault by the way for receiving that kind of punishment?”
 
“I know that already. But I did study a lot. I maybe a jerk to you but I also want my parents to get the best out me.”
 
“I remembered that line before. You said that you want to impress your parents by being such a brain, though at the same time you balance it by being such a jock. How did your parents take the news anyway?”
 
“I haven't told them yet. They are still on their business trip. They weren't here when I did my time. It's funny that whenever they are not around, I feel so care free doing whatever hell I want. I asked Rui not to tell them about that fiasco or else my Dad will freak out.”
 
“I'm sure Rui wouldn't tell since you have been so productive. How is your sister, anyway? Is she still on America?”
 
“She's doing fine. She came home from abroad to spend her vacation here. She is still with her boyfriend though.”
 
“You mean …”
 
“DON'T say his name!”
 
“You still can't stand him? I think he suits your sister just right. Kinda of a pimp at times but he can be so ridiculously romantic towards your sister.
 
“Yeah, any who… I heard they are invited on a wedding ceremony this coming month. She is a close friend of the bride you see, and Rui promised that she'll attend the wedding on her vacation, so here she is at Heiomachi.”
 
“Is that right? Well she'll make a wonderful bride's maid.”
 
“I don't know about her being the bride's maid but she aint that wonderful. Ha ha ha”
 
“She'll kill you if she heard you. Ha ha ha ha.”
 
 
Seiya and Miyu just laughed a little more. Once they settled the humor down, silence comes barging in between them. They haven't had such a conversation for a long time. The evening atmosphere is getting to Miyu's biological clock causing her to yawn. On the other swing, Seiya is being kept awake by his pounding heart beat trying to blow away the silence that is choking him.
 
If Seiya wants to set things right, there is no better time than the present. So his mind constructs the words he wants to say while his heart gathers the courage he wants to dish out.
 
However Miyu beats him to the punch.
 
“Why with Natsumi?” she asked coldly.
 
Seiya knows exactly what she is talking about. He is kinda relieved because he didn't have to start things up by explaining himself.
 
“Natsumi is so down right to get you that she tries to look for other means of doing her dirty work. She found out that I know you and I told her our history. You know the rest. That's the short hand of it.”
 
“I see.” She said with an empty tone. “And about that thing between you and Saionji-sensei?”
 
Seiya remembers that Aya has caught them exchanging fisticuffs with her mobile, however, with not enough audio output, no one is sure what really went. All that was clear was Seiya threw the first punch, enough for Kanata to retaliate in the name of self defense. Though the teacher should have taken the high road but it was a guy thing so he went for it.
 
“He confronted me about what I have done to you, I responded verbally, he started with his litany and insults, I got fed up and punched him, he took a shot at me and it got out of hand. That's the short version. That's the truth I swear.”
 
Miyu continues her motion on the swing, trying to understand what was the blonde boy had just said. Actually, she never really asked Kanata why he and Seiya rumbled weeks ago. She didn't go to school that day and stayed at home. Nanami only came by and told her that he might get fired for hitting a student but with Aya's help, it was proven otherwise that Kanata acted on self-defense however, the visual proof might have convinced the superintendent for his decision but it really wasn't enough for Miyu.
 
She always believes that there are three sides in every controversy. Yours, the other person's and also the Right one.
 
“Look, Miyu. That suspension that I got from the school superintendent? That was just between me and that Math Teacher of yours.”
 
“What are you trying to say?”
 
“What I'm saying is that, I know that I made a mockery of you back at junior high and played your heart. I never admitted that to myself and especially to you. Then I let Natsumi be her instrument of your ruination willingly like signing a deal with Hades himself.”
 
Seiya pauses and takes a big breath as Miyu stretched her legs to make the swing come to a screeching halt.
 
“I just want to apologize so here it goes. I'm deeply sorry ever so much for everything. And I also want you to pass your own judgment on me.” Seiya pleaded.
 
She's stomped. “Are you for real?”
 
“Yeah I am. I thought hard about all of the nasty things that I have done and prepared myself for the worst thing that you I could ask from you the moment we bumped into each other a while ago.”
 
Miyu takes her bag off her lap with Wannya sleeping on top of it and place it gently on the ground. She stands up and begins taking steps towards Seiya. He's entire circulation turns frigid all of the sudden and cold sweat starts to trickle down on the side of his head and chest. He knows that he is asking for it. Even though he is not sure how much she can dish it out, he would gladly take it all.
 
It wasn't very long when Seiya's eyes followed her form from her swing to the very spot she's standing on. It's Miyu right before Seiya, who is practically like a sitting duck waiting to get shot by a crazed hunter. He wants to close his eyes just so the pain he might feel wouldn't hurt so much but he can't. He stares at the eyes of the one hen marooned. He remembers those green eyes that were full of icy vengeance from way back. He's partly scared yet partly amused at the same time.
 
Unknowingly, she takes his blue hat from his blonde head and puts it on her and turns it backwards.
 
“Did I mention that I kinda like this hat of yours? I don't want to send it flying to the dirt when I put you in a world of hurt.” Miyu said with a devilish smirk on her face. Seiya gulps in worry still not budging from his spot.
 
She takes a swing and slaps him square on the right cheek. Seiya tried not to whine but the cold evening air made the sting on his face hurt a little more. She takes another swing and slaps her square on the cheek.
 
He had it coming. He knows that, too.
 
And just like that she stops.
 
Seiya can't believe it that nothing else followed those two slaps. He looks at her but all he can figure out is a pretty face with a void look.
 
“What's the matter? Why did you stopped?”
 
“Somehow I don't feel right hitting you, now that you wanted it. I wanted my vengeance serve cold not prepared over easy just because you asked for it.”
 
“But was that it? Just a couple of slaps on the face?”
 
Miyu bends her upper torso to be face to face with Seiya. “You're lucky that a couple of slaps were the only shots you got from me. Believe me, I wanted to do much more than a couple of slaps on the face back then but right now I chose not to so don't push it, bub.” She threatened Seiya and returns his blue cap on its previous place.
 
“Well does that mean I'm forgiven?”
 
“Heh, not even close. You screwed me Seiya, remember? I haven't forgotten that fact. I wont start babbling what I went through just to pass that part of my life to you because I know that it would be a waste of time.”
 
Seiya chooses to remain quiet and listen. It is still her turn.
 
“What I did to you a while ago? That wasn't the payback I had in plan. That would be such a crime against the law. But I could careless. I'll wait for the right time and right place without you asking for it or even knowing it.”
 
“I understand completely. I know what I did and I know that forgiveness is a long shot. But atleast grant me the privilege to set things right between us. You know, maybe not as friends for now but not as strangers either?”
 
“I don't know, Seiya.”
 
Seiya takes Miyu's hands and cups them with his. “C'mon Miyu. I'm changed really! I won't cross you again I promise. I mean, you just said my name twice this evening.”
 
Miyu knows not to trust this guy again right ahead. But it was a wild and crazy night and she wants to call it a day already. Besides, she kinda wants to have some company. It would be rude if she disturbs Aya or Nanami. She'll tell them the details tomorrow. Perhaps.
 
“If you want to set things right then you could start by letting go of my hands and walk me home. I'm beat.”
 
Seiya's smile could go any higher and finally stands up then shakes her hands altogether. “Gladly at your service Miyu, I'll walk you home!” Seiya said with glee before releasing her.
 
“Can I expect no monkey business?
 
“No monkey business I assure you.”
 
Miyu then takes Wannya with her while Seiya lifted her bag then starts heading towards Miyu's house. Even though Seiya doesn't know when and where Miyu will strike, all he cares about now is the present. He is happy that things turn out smoother than he hoped it would. This was the closest thing that God could provide him other than that scene on his current dreams. And he won't settle for anything less.
 
What the two teens don't know is the one particular person hiding from the shadows is following, brooding, watching and listening to Miyu from the very moment she left Saionji's apartment.
 
“Hey do you know that your slaps hit a lot stronger than that Math Teacher's punches?”
 
“Don't patronize me, Seiya. I'm warning you.”
 
“No really. Yours really stings. That Math Teacher hits like a sissy.”
 
“That Math Teacher has a name too you know. It's…”
 
“Don't say his name!”
 
“You always say that when you can't stand a person. Other than hitting you, what did he ever do to you anyway?”
 
Seiya just blushes all of the sudden and hides his face by lowering his blue bull cap.
 
“Just because, all right?”
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
 
*** Heiomachi High School Gym ***
 
Another day, another practice game for the basketball club. Kanata is not having a great day. He looks like a complete wreck. His eyes are bagging, his hair is raffled, and he can't bear standing for more than two minutes.
 
He decided to dismiss all of his class but this one. He just left a message on the chalk board saying SELF STUDY SO SCRAM.
 
Right now, he is just slumps back on a chair dozing off. He hasn't made any coaching phrases other than GO AND START PRACTICING.
 
The team can't help but to notice their coach's current behavior. Nonaka Kyou, the team captain, felt that responsibility to take charge considering their coach's state and instructs his team mates to play some hoofs and enjoy it without any lip from Kanata.
 
On the other hand, Santa looks onward and wonders what happened to Kanata.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
 
*** After Practice, on top of the bleachers outside the GYM ***
 
 
“If you know that you're not on the right condition to teach or coach then you should have stayed at home.” Santa preached at the half-asleep teacher sitting right in front of him.
 
“You're being loud. Shut up!” replied the grumpy Kanata.
 
“Look at you man! Have you seen yourself on a mirror lately? If I don't know any better I say that you almost look like a girl who was taken advantage of by a molester inside a dark alley.”
 
“That was exactly what I was preventing.” Kanata grunted.
 
“What was that?” Santa asked failing to hear what might have been a clue to Kanata's current status.
 
“Nothing! I was just up all night grading papers and thinking of a new strategic play for the team. That's all!” Kanata quickly retorted.
 
Santa sighed in defeat and plants his bottom to sit next to his best friend. He knows Kanata's stubbornness and he won't get any real explanation by bugging him constantly. Kanata will eventually say something about it.
 
“I just got Akira's wedding invitation. How about you?” Santa changed the subject. It's not the greatest topic to discuss with Kanata but atleast he is trying to open up that closed lid of a heart of his.
 
“I just got it this morning.” Kanata replied immediately.
“I can't believe our Akira is getting married to someone else. I'm sorry things didn't turned out good between you two.”
 
“It was a dumb promise to begin with anyway. You have nothing to apologize about.”
 
“No man. I know you two so well. You were like inseparable back then, remember? I know we three were the best buds but she paid more attention to you and I could tell that you returned that same attention to her as well.”
 
Santa takes a look at Kanata and he finds a serious look on his face now.
 
“I wonder what kind of a guy she have met at the states.”
 
“You and me both, man. You and me both.”
 
Santa pats his best friend's back trying to ease up any worries that are coup up inside of Kanata.
 
“Things went weird between you and Miyu since yesterday, huh?” Santa bluntly asked him. Kanata only looks at him with the corner of his eye.
 
“What are you talking about?”
 
“I already know everything, man. It's no secret for me.”
 
“You mean everything? How? Did Tenchi and Konishi have got to do about this?”
 
“Easy man, those two are cool. Besides, when I heard her volunteer to take you home when you got loopy at out previous game, I knew something was up.”
 
“Yeah I haven't forgotten how I got loopy on the first place, thanks to you and your crazy ideas!”
 
“Well you may have a lot on your fan base but that gesture was the boldest one yet that I have ever saw.”
 
“That girl isn't exactly one of the girls that want to get a hold of me.”
 
“Way ahead of you man, that is why it is quite interesting. I don't even care whether the rumor between you and her is true or not. All I want is your stability in life, man. You're a teacher now. You got the brains, the look and the athleticism. You really should find a girl to call your own like me. And I'm not even close to what you are now.”
 
“This coming from a guy who takes the high school life again just to pursue a love interest. Are you still with that Akane - girl of yours?”
 
“Well thank you for not forgetting the name of the girl who means the world to me, man.” Santa said cheerfully.
 
Kanata smiles a little when sees his best friend like so happy with his life. He can tell that Santa can't be any happier than being in the same high school with the girl of his dreams.
 
Santa and Akane have known each other from a letter sent wrong. Three years ago, a letter was delivered on Santa's mailbox by mistake. It was from a girl from the northern part of the country. Because of his odd personality, he wrote back at the letter by sending it to the return address. Soon enough Santa got a response and since then they became pen pals. This girl pen pal of his is none other than Shirai Akane.
 
One day Santa has received news that Akane was moving to Heiomachi to attend high school there. Also at that time, Kanata was set on teaching at the same school by the favor given to him by the directors of education. Santa told Kanata about everything and he was able to convince him on sending him back to high school by making Santa appearing not to have enough high school units to accomplish secondary education.
 
Santa gave the news to Akane and both agreed to meet at their first day of high school. It wasn't long before they started to date each other. Since Santa went to the school first, Kanata waited for his turn. It wouldn't look right if the school received two new admissions, one who is a little too old to be a high school student and the other a little too young to become a high school teacher. Two months later, Kanata made his grand entrance and Santa watched his back since then.
 
“Have you told her the truth about yourself?”
 
“Not yet but I'm planning on telling her by graduation.”
 
“And you said that you tell each other everything.”
 
“This is different, man. If I don't play my cards right I might end up losing her. If that happens both of our troubles will turn for naught.”
 
“Well you have to tell her eventually so I guess I'll just leave your love life to your self.”
 
“And I'll leave your love life to your self as well.”
 
“Good that we have that understanding.”
 
“It's funny how we muster up all of this courage for these girls yet at the same time can't be brave enough to tell them everything like sissies.”
 
Kanata suddenly shot up his eyes wide open and stands up.
 
“WHO ARE YOU CALLING A SISSY!” Kanata shouted at the blank horizon leaving Santa even more confused.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
 
*** School Yard, Student's Hang out ***
 
Seiya is with Miyu, Nanami and Aya having a little study group session. Miyu is trying to prove what Seiya said to her last night that he really was studying during his time of absence. Nanami and Aya still can't believe that Seiya is back, and especially sitting with them at the same place and at the same time.
 
Miyu has told them both what happened since she left Saionji's Apartment (without the steaming romantic details) up to the part when Seiya dropped her off at her house. The two girls keep on looking at each other each time Miyu gets impressed at Seiya when he answers her questions correctly.
 
They thought Seiya was a creep. Miyu said it herself. But this is the first time they saw this side of Seiya. They don't know if she got so upset with Kanata that Miyu changed her perspective on Seiya overnight. It was kinda awkward for them both but seeing that Miyu is cool about it, all they could do is go with the flow.
 
Even though Nanami and Aya feel the same way, they have something that isn't exactly on the same page. Seeing Miyu like this with Seiya, she feels that Miyu shouldn't be too close again with Seiya and let Saionji-sensei be the one under the spot light of romantic controversy. On the side, Aya can see the sparks shooting between Miyu and Seiya, just like how Miyu told them when Miyu and Seiya were in junior high. She feels that perhaps it would be a lot easier for Miyu to bust bury the hatchet and go out with Seiya than face the terrible consequences if Miyu and Saionji-sensei continue their bizarre game.
 
“Well that was it. Those were all the quiz and examination questions that I could possibly remember for the past fourteen days.” Miyu said closing her notebook shut.
 
“An since I answered all of your questions correctly, you have to abide by your end of the bargain.” Seiya smiles at her. This makes Nanami's eyebrow to rise and Aya giggle.
 
“Alright, alright. I'll let you walk me home for today. But I'm warning you. My folks might have arrived by now and you know how much they like you having around the premises.”
 
“But you said that you'll take care of it.”
 
“Yeah I'll think of something.”
 
“Great! I'll just go to the lockers and take some of my stuff and wait you there..”
 
“That's fine with me. I have to go the library to borrow a novel or something for my book report. Wait at the gates instead. This might take a while. Nanami-chan, Aya-chan, are you coming?”
 
“No Miyu-chan. Me and Nanami-chan while go to the drama club to see how is the production going on for the upcoming school play. Ne, Nanami-chan?” Aya pulled Nanami-s sleeve.
 
“Nani? Oh yeah that. Sorry Miyu-chan. We'll call you later okay?” Nanami replied nervously.
 
“Cool. Let's get goin.”
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
 
*** Heiomachi High School Library ***
 
Miyu has been browsing the entire novel section and can't decide what book to get. What she likes is something interesting with action, romance and drama, full of twist and turns but at the same time a book that is not too thick. She doesn't have that much time to prepare a book report, much less have the patients to read something thicker than the dictionary. Aya suggested a few titles that match her criteria and now Miyu is trying to find the recommended books and choose which one would be fine.
 
“I see that Yaboshi Seiya has come back to school.” A familiar voice echoed from the other side of the book shelf that Miyu is standing right in front of.
 
“Seems that way. His two weeks were already up.” She retorted back.
 
“He looks like a different person when he was with you back there.”
 
“Well he looks a lot more decent than you. Did you even think of fixing yourself before you came barging in this school this morning?”
 
“….”
 
“If you felt guilty about the way you acted last night, you could have just said so, not by stalking me.”
 
“How did you…”
 
“How did I know? C'mon do you honestly think that I would mutter all of those swears and curses at the empty streets for no reason? I know you were following me.”
 
“I was just worried that you might not arrive at your house safely. You keep making random turns I thought you were too furious that you can't think straight.”
 
“Seiya took me home safely. Don't mind it, Saionji.”
“I know that.”
 
“So you stayed up all night just because you were worried that Seiya might do something funny again?”
 
“…”
 
“What do you have planned if he did? Take matters on your own hands again?”
 
“I was just…”
 
“I appreciate that you were worried but I'll handle Seiya on my own. If you were listening to us last night, you remember that I'll take my time before I get Seiya back and he understood.”
 
Miyu then sees the last book on her list and gets it. But before she could retract her hand away, she sees Kanata's face on the other side. Then suddenly his hand lands on her hand which is holding the book.
 
“Just say it if he tries anything.” Kanata said softly before he takes his hand away.
 
Miyu walks away from the shelf and makes her way back when she stops abruptly when his body appears out of nowhere right in front of her.
 
She looks at the same disgruntled appearance he has, the same look from this morning. It is such a good thing that they are in the far most regions of the library where no other person go often except for the librarian. Or else it would be another issue.
 
He looks grumpier though, making Miyu shake her head.
 
“He called me a sissy.” He said with a deep tone.
 
Miyu then takes the liberty of brushing some lint off and straightening the creases and folds of his shirt. Then she looks at his sleepless eyes and raises her soft warm hand to caress his bony cold cheek.
 
“I know your not but Seiya thinks you are. I can prove it, however, since you are dead set on our decision that we shouldn't be too close to each other, I'm not really that sure anymore.” Miyu smiled sweetly at him.
 
As Miyu starts to make a single step away from the shelves, finally his resolve snaps and he silently slide his arms around her slim waist and buried his face into her hair. The swift motion catches her by surprise that Miyu accidentally losses grip of the three books that she's carrying, causing them to splatter on the library floor. Miyu gasps and moans gently at the feeling of Kanata's body pressed against hers, something that they were desperately trying to avoid.
 
She feels Kanata's hot breath against her ear as he sighs. "That punk kid called me a sissy.", he whispers gently in her ear then pulls her soft warm body tighter against him. “Would you get off of your macho pride already?” Miyu slides her eyes closed and a small smile tugs at her lips. Neither of them tries to speak seconds later and Kanata continues on holding her from behind. In that moment, Miyu has never felt so safe and relaxed.
 
But they knew it shouldn't, wouldn't and couldn't last.
 
"Saionji, I would like to remind you that this is definitely inappropriate touching" Miyu surprises herself at the steadiness of her voice.
 
Kanata growls low in his chest that why the hell could she resists his touch when before a single caress left her weak in his hands. Kanata angrily steps away, more angry with himself for being so weak and giving in after only less than 24 hours. It is obvious that he talked big last night but couldn't dish it out in the long run. Miyu let out a silent breath of relief and feels some of the stiffness leave her body yet her heart continues to beat rapidly.
 
Turning slowly towards him she forces a sweet smile onto her face. "Is there anything I can help you with, Saionji-sensei?" it came out so sickly sweet that it makes even Miyu feel ill.
 
"Just came to tell you that you won't be grading exam papers with me during lunch periods anymore." Kanata's voice did not portray any of the feelings that burn inside of him. After handing over the message, he falls on his knees and sweeps the books from the floor and stacks them with his bare hands. “Be careful in going home with him. I still don't trust the guy.”
 
He turns swiftly on his heal then marches out the room after putting the books on top of the currently empty librarian's table, purposely making his strides normal so she would not know that not being with her, not talking to her or even not being near her is effecting him… as much as he tries to tell himself that it isn't.
 
When the coast is clear, Miyu follows soon after to the librarian's table to sign the books out. If Kanata had turned around as he shuts door, he would have noticed that she worn a satisfied smile. Miyu is winning their little mind games and it wouldn't be long before Saionji-sensei completely brakes.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
 
*** At the Locker Room ***
 
Seiya is taking his time on getting his stuff from his locker. He must be prepared on things that might happen if Miyu's parents don't like him hanging around her.
 
When he shuts the door of his compartment, he is surprised to see Sujimoto Natsumi leaning on the locker besides his own.
 
“Yaboshi.” She greeted.
 
“Sujimoto.” He replied.
 
“Good to see your back within school premises.”
 
“Yep. It's good to be back. What are you doing besides my locker, anyway?” He asks her.
 
“Nothing. Just want to see if it really is you. I mean it's hard for me to tell a while ago on account of you're fraternizing with the enemy at the student's hang out.”
 
“You still have that fit against Kouzuki Miyu? Damn, what else do I have to know since I was gone?” Seiya rubs his temples with his fingers.
 
“Ms. Mizuno finally made her move yesterday, calling out a major gathering of all of the school's population. It was about the issues of teacher and student relations, if you catch my drip.” Natsumi winks at the blonde.
 
Seiya brushes it off then turns his back on Natsumi, then his back pack swings behind his right shoulder. “So I was told.”
 
Natsumi seems to have sensed that Seiya is leaving without saying anything else so she grabs his shoulder to make him stop from walking away from the lockers. “Anyway, tell me what you got in store for our little miss perfect. I want in.”
 
Seiya turns his head to look at her. “I'm sorry. Been there. Done that.”
 
“Excuse me?” Natsumi flabbergasts.
 
Seiya takes her hand off of him and faces her again. “You heard me. I have nothing against her. I am actually with her now.”
 
“What do you mean, with her?” Asks Natsumi, who is still confused.
 
Seiya smirks at Natsumi and takes a step closer to her. Natsumi didn't like the look. Not at all.
 
“It means that I won't let her be an easy target for you, Sujimoto. And that goes for the rest of that Math Teacher's fan club. So please stay away from my Miyu.”
 
Natsumi's eyes narrows in return to Seiya's ominous tone. “Are you threatening me, Yaboshi? I can get rowdy with you just as easy as I am with her.”
 
“Think whatever you like. Remember, I was the one who screwed her over, fought a teacher, got suspended and back. Do you think I give a damn about you?”
 
Natsumi pushes him away and flips her hair over her shoulder, then leaves with utmost frustration and anger. Seiya just waves at her good bye as she turns her back away from him.
 
Seiya sees Miyu approaching the school gates from the other side of the building and gets his groove going towards her.
 
Standing up against Natsumi felt good. It is refreshing for Seiya to be the one protecting Miyu for a change. He knows the Math Teacher has already established his mount but because of the unavoidable circumstances, Seiya can't help but to laugh at Kanata's predicament that limits the things that he can and he cannot do.
 
“You just arrived here? I thought you went ahead.” Miyu inquires him.
 
“I'm sorry but I need to throw out the trash away from my locker that I should have thrown two weeks ago.”
 
 
“Eww! Must have been pretty rotten by now.”
 
“Nah it's pretty rotten from the beginning anyway.”
 
 
If Kanata chooses willingly to be Miyu's sword, then Seiya chooses gladly to be Miyu's shield.
 
 
“Then why did you have that lying around your locker?”
 
“I thought I have any use for it. Turns out that I don't. Not anymore.”
 
 
Tsuzuku
 
***************************************************************** *******
 
 
A/N: I'm sorry It took so long before I uploaded Chapter 15. I am busy with my hospital work that I kinda left it hanging for two months, though I only got less than ten reviews from the last chapter. I hope you like this one though. It's quite long because it's another double whammy for not posting last July and August.
 
Please Read and Review. If you do that then the probability of Updating will rise. Thank you for all of the fans who keep supporting this story. I won't say any names because you know who you are.
 
And one more thing, daddynaz and ragnarok_totg are just one of my usernames so those among you who knows this story from the other fanfiction site, it's cool ho-mes. It's still just me.
 
Peace!
 
Aramis