Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Why Not ❯ Miyu's Slumber Party: A Small Journey from the Present to the Past ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Previously in Why Not …
 
(Scenes from chapter 4…)
 
"Miyu-chan!" Nanami came out in a simple strapless purple dress. Her hair was done one sided fashionably, "You look absolutely gorgeous!"
 
"Arigatou," Miyu said quickly, "But where's Aya-chan?”
 
“She called me earlier and said she'll be arriving a little late. She must be torturing herself about the perfect dress to put on for tonight.
 
"Cool that's okay then." Miyu smiled, “Oh yeah. Before I forget. Papa, this is my friend and classmate from school, Tenchi Nanami-chan. Nanami-chan, I would like you to meet my papa, Kouzuki Yuu.” Miyu introduced them to each other.
 
“I'm honored and pleased to meet you sir. But I must apologize for the delay of our other friend is causing. But on behalf of her, I would like to thank you for letting us celebrate Miyu-chan's birthday with your family tonight.” Nanami bowed down.
 
---
 
Ah, so you know my daughter. So are you the other friend of hers at school?
 
Kanata blinked and looked at Yuu. "No, I am not sir. In fact I am a teacher." His words were very stressed.
 
"Oh which subject do you teach?"
 
"Math."
 
"Wow, you must have a hard time then. Miyu abhors math, it took her a long time to actually get it." Yuu laughed a calming laugh and held out his hand, "My names Kouzuki Yuu, Miyu-chan's father. What might yours be?"
 
"Saionji Kanata”
 
---
 
"Aya-chan! Nanami chimed.
 
"She's here?" Miyu said exasperated, this was too much for one dinner.
 
"Nanami-channn!" Aya came prancing up to her friends then eyed Miyu,
"Waaahh! You are sooooo KAWAII!!" Then her eyes spotted their Math teacher and decided to mischief a bit. "Is this your boyfriend Miyu-chan?"
 
"Aya-chan!” / “Konishi-san!” both Miyu and Kanata yelled in unison
 
Nanami and Aya just just laughed and then looked over to Miyu's father.
 
---
 
"MAN! I've never seen anyone who is into his or her students! You SICKO!"
 
"Okay where does this false fact of yours could actually make me think of you anymore than a student come in?" Kanata looked at them with a hint of contempt.
 
"The second you jumped me at your—"
 
Kanata then quickly covered Miyu's mouth.
 
The other two raised both eyebrows, "Ohh please do go on."
 
"I think its time for Kouzuki to think out her actions, before she said anything else remotely stupid." Kanata said nervously.
 
"GRAAFPHHHHhHh" Miyu tore his hand off her mouth, "yuck TEACHER COOTIES!"
 
Nanami and Aya had themselves a grand time watching these two bicker. They didn't even have to light a fire to get them going. Coming here was the best thing they ever thought of.
 
Miyu began scrubbing her lips, "Ugh my virgin lips, touched by the hand of the DEVIL."
 
“You haven't been kissed?"
 
”Uh...no?" Miyu bowed her head down and blushed a bit.
 
And then, like Bananas in Pajamas, Aya and Nanami looked at each other. You know, the one implying `are you thinking that we should do what I am thinking that we should do?'
 
"THEN WE OFFER SAIONJI-SENSEI AS YOUR FIRST KISS!"
 
And before anybody else in that table could even react, Nanami and Aya shoved Kanata as hard as they could to Miyu.
 
Kanata stood up, "Man, remind me never to be within three feet of those two when they are with you."
 
"Same here," Miyu mumbled. "Where are they anyway? Where's everyone?" Then she turned to see a note on the table.
 
Gomenne Miyu-chan,
Here is the short hand of everything. Your dad needs to rush for something urgent, Your mom felt a little woozy co of the crowd, took Lu and went with your dad, And I need to help Aya-chan with her dress co Lu kind of hold on to her left strap and ruined it when we “accidentally” pushed sensei. So could you have him drop you off? Again we are very sorry, nothing like that will ever happen again.
-Nanami-chan
 
* * *
 
(Scenes from chapter 15)
 
“What are you trying…”
 
“Let me finish. What I'm trying to say is that… I think I'm falling for you Seiya.”
 
“Was that all you have got to say?”
 
“What was that suppose to mean? I was pouring my heart out here, you idiot!”
 
“No, no! That's not it. You almost scared me back there with that kind of mood going on. I am relieved though. Seriously.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Because I feel the same way about you. For quite a while now actually. No! From the very moment that I laid my eyes on you. Seriously.”
 
“Shut up!” said the blushing girl as she taps the boy's shoulder.
 
---
 
“WAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!”
 
“Oh my God! I think I like her LIKE her… again!”
 
---
 
“It's okay Miyu. We weren't expecting that were on a collision course. Here let me help you.” The person said.
 
Miyu slaps his hand away and averts her gaze away from the guy. “If I want help from somebody I wont seek it from you, Yaboshi!”
 
---
“Why with Natsumi?” she asked coldly
 
“Natsumi is so down right to get you that she tries to look for other means of doing her dirty work. She found out that I know you and I told her our history. You know the rest. That's the short hand of it.”
 
---
 
“I just want to apologize so here it goes. I'm deeply sorry ever so much for everything. And I also want you to pass your own judgment on me.” Seiya pleaded.
 
She's stomped. “Are you for real?”
 
“Yeah I am. I thought hard about all of the nasty things that I have done and prepared myself for the worst thing that you I could ask from you the moment we bumped into each other a while ago.”
 
---
 
“Somehow I don't feel right hitting you, now that you wanted it. I wanted my vengeance serve cold not prepared over easy just because you asked for it.”
 
“But was that it? Just a couple of slaps on the face?”
 
Miyu bends her upper torso to be face to face with Seiya. “You're lucky that a couple of slaps were the only shots you got from me. Believe me, I wanted to do much more than a couple of slaps on the face back then but right now I chose not to so don't push it, bub.” She threatened Seiya and returns his blue cap on its previous place.
 
---
 
“Hey do you know that your slaps hit a lot stronger than that Math Teacher's punches?”
 
“Don't patronize me, Seiya. I'm warning you.”
 
“No really. Yours really stings. That Math Teacher hits like a sissy.”
 
“That Math Teacher has a name too you know. It's…”
 
“Don't say his name!”
 
---
 
“If you know that you're not on the right condition to teach or coach then you should have stayed at home.” Santa preached at the half-asleep teacher sitting right in front of him.
 
“You're being loud. Shut up!” replied the grumpy Kanata.
 
“Look at you man! Have you seen yourself on a mirror lately? If I don't know any better I say that you almost look like a girl who was taken advantage of by a molester inside a dark alley.”
 
“That was exactly what I was preventing.” Kanata grunted.
 
---
 
“So you stayed up all night just because you were worried that Seiya might do something funny again?”
 
“…”
 
“What do you have planned if he did? Take matters on your own hands again?”
 
“I was just…”
 
“I appreciate that you were worried but I'll handle Seiya on my own. If you were listening to us last night, you remember that I'll take my time before I get Seiya back and he understood.”
 
“He called me a sissy.” He said with a deep tone.
 
“I know your not but Seiya thinks you are. I can prove it, however, since you are dead set on our decision that we shouldn't be too close to each other, I'm not really that sure anymore.” Miyu smiled sweetly at him.
 
---
 
“It means that I won't let her be an easy target for you, Sujimoto. And that goes for the rest of that Math Teacher's fan club. So please stay away from my Miyu.”
 
Natsumi's eyes narrows in return to Seiya's ominous tone. “Are you threatening me, Yaboshi? I can get rowdy with you just as easy as I am with her.”
 
“Think whatever you like. Remember, I was the one who screwed her over, fought a teacher, got suspended, and back. Do you think I give a damn about you?”
 
---
 
“You just arrived here? I thought you went ahead.” Miyu inquires him.
 
“I'm sorry but I need to throw out the trash away from my locker that I should have thrown two weeks ago.”
 
 
“Eww! Must have been pretty rotten by now.”
 
“Nah it's pretty rotten from the beginning anyway.”
 
 
If Kanata chooses willingly to be Miyu's sword, then Seiya chooses gladly to be Miyu's shield.
 
 
“Then why did you have that lying around your locker?”
 
“I thought I have any use for it. Turns out that I don't. Not anymore.”
 
====================================================
 
 
WHY NOT: CHAPTER 16
 
Miyu's Slumber Party: A Small Journey from the Present to the Past
 
Disclaimer: D!3 is not mine
 
A/N: Thank you so much for sticking with me through out this time and I also want to apologize for the long wait. This is the finalized version of chapter 16. You will notice some changes in the composition of this one prior to the first one that I posted. I will not going to lie to you, this is officially the longest chapter that I have ever released, almost a hundred pages. This is no longer a double whammy. Since it I didn't release the next installment for 3 months, this is now a triple whammy hence making this chapter the longest, which also means it will take sometime for me to update again. There will be a lot of dialogues here and a lot of flashbacks and fillers. I just wish I could get more good reviews from all of you though. This is like my Christmas gift to you, just like chapter 4 and 5 last year. Hell Yeah it's been a year already. Unfortunately WHY NOT season 2 will be ending soon, four more chapters to go. I can't tell when will I post the next chapter but let's see. And another thing, if you find stuff that aren't right in this chapter, just write it down as a review and I'll do something about it. I will consider them as constructive criticism. Have fun reading it and please do have a ball reviewing it as well. Thank You all and I wish you Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year.
 
Without any further delay, here it is.
 
 
========================
 
 
“Sleep over! Sleep over!” Miyu cheers around her seat.
 
It is a typical day inside the campus cafeteria. Of course the usual mess and ruckus all thanks to the students with a care on the world. It is that time of the day when a student feels liberated and free from all of the formulas, from all of the equations, from all of the grammars, from all of the past events and from all of the physical exertions.
 
It's lunchtime and a certain blonde is exited about a certain night activity.
 
“Seat down, will you please?” Nanami pulls her overreacting friend.
 
“We haven't even decided where to do it yet, Miyu-chan.” Says Aya sitting besides Akane who is busy slapping Santa's back because he ate his lunch way too fast. Akane made it for him and being the lovesick puppy that he is, he was too happy to oblige on the special treat.
 
“You don't understand you guys. It's like my first sleep over… like ever!” says a teary-eyed Miyu.
 
“Hountoni?” says Christine who is sitting besides Miyu on the left.
 
“Hountoni-des.” says Seiya who is sitting besides Miyu on the right.
 
“And I thought Miyu was just too happy.” Says Christine. This particular pink haired girl decided to stick around with Miyu's gang for the time being. For now she could only name atleast three reasons why she should hang with them.
 
Hanakomachi Christine's Three Reasons on Why She Likes to be with Miyu and Her Friends
 
Miyu and her friends are so much fun to be with than the other Saionji Fan Club Members.
 
Why? It's nice to have something in common with people like being with the Saionji Fan Club but a little bit of contrasting likings as being with Miyu's group.
 
Miyu and her friends are so interesting that there are many things going amongst them.
 
Why? Truth to be told, all of the people in this particular group are some of the most socially active people in campus and each one has it's own interests to be proud of.
 
More importantly, though it's hard for her to accept this theory, however, Miyu's gang has a better acquaintance with the one she admires the most, Saionji Kanata-sensei.
 
Why? For some strange occurrence, Saionji-sensei is somewhat has a unique connection with each of the person in the group, not to mention a certain a long blonde haired girl.
 
Although she has that hidden agenda, they have accepted her to their circle. Sure that MOST of the posse is not head over heals about the Math teacher but all of them are really nice and friendly after all. Its no wonder she didn't noticed Miyu had a hard time since she came to the Heiomachi High School. The new girl has found the perfect companions.
 
 
Hanakomachi Christine's Profile Abstracts of Chosen Acquaintances
 
Tenchi Nanami - the posse's big sister. She has always keeping an eye on everyone of their circle. She is sometimes being mistaken to be a little tomboyish but perhaps that is because she shows this shine of strength and courage whenever necessary and considerably the leader of the group. Saionji-sensei gives her credit for not showing any fear in front of a teacher.
 
Konichi Aya - the posse's sophisticated sister. She has always been a fan of all of the arts, whether it is visual or musical art, she enjoys it. She is also the mastermind of some of the greatly directed and produced plays the school ever had. Saionji-sensei noticed her obsessive-compulsiveness towards dramatic plays; hence he called her the Drama Queen.
 
Shirai Akane - the posse's sporty sister. She is the first cheerleader of the group before Miyu joined some time ago. Aya and Nanami don't take kindly on cheerleaders. When Santa offered them both some of her home made lunches and since then she is so in. Saionji-sensei also tasted her cooking and complimented her that she will be a great wife someday.
 
Kurosu Sanata - the posse's peculiar brother. He is Akane's object of affection. It's been said that their relationship started as pen pals until Akane's family moved to Heiomachi. He also has a weird sense of style about a lot of things. He also plays for Saionji-sensei's basketball team. Saionji-sensei seems to be more open to him. Maybe it's just a guy thing.
 
Kouzuki Miyu - the posse's baby sister, the youngest of all but only by a few months. She's the new girl. She made quite an impact when she enjoyed the cheerleading squad and now the squad captain after making Natsumi run for her money. Horrible rumors started when she made Saionji-sensei angry and made her stay with him during lunch hours to “grade papers”
 
And the other one right here…
 
 
Yaboshi Seiya - Nothing more is known about him aside from the fact that he is one of the integral influences of Miyu's past. It was also said that he came back from a 2-week suspension after having fisticuffs with Saionji-sensei. The boy seems to be a nice guy up til now. The blue hat fits him so stylishly. Must acquire an explanation out of Seiya for hurting Saionji-sensei
 
 
“So where do you think this sleep over should take place?” says Akane to the others after making sure Santa can shove more food down his throat hole.
 
“I think I can arranged something at my place, if it is not any trouble to you guys. We have some rooms big enough to accommodate all of us.” Christine recommends to her peers.
 
Santa looks at her with glee, “Sweet! I can eat fancy food at Hanakomachi-san's place!”
 
“You just eat your lunch and stay out of this!” says Akane sticking a chopstick full of dumplings inside Santa's pie hole and he gulps it like an obedient dog.
 
“Well we certainly haven't got the chance to visit Chris-chan's place.” Says Nanami.
 
“I got to admit I am kinda curious to see how big your house is.” Aya adds.
 
“Say, since it's Miyu's first time to have a slumber party, how about having it in Miyu's place!” Seiya suggests. “Her folks are there now.”
 
Miyu points to herself in disbelief. “Watashi-ni?”
 
“Wouldn't it better if there are no parents us?” says Santa with a mouthful of rice.
 
“Here's more food. Just leave the talking to us.” Akane pushing her own lunch box to Santa, which he takes right away. “I always wanted to meet an astronaut. I almost forgot that your mother is one Miyu-chan.”
 
“Well it's been awhile since we saw Miki-san and Yuu-san. Ne, Nanami-chan?”
 
“Wait a minute, you guys. You can't be serious about this now, are you?”
 
“C'mon now, Miyu-chan. It's going to be fun. Besides, I still feel a little embarrassed of your folks for that stunt me and Aya pulled on you and Saionji-sensei.”
 
Kind the think of it, it's been almost four days since her encounter with Kanata in the library. Ever since then, they haven't seen each other socially except in the usual time of their class. Sure Kanata is keeping the whole things between them inconspicuous during school hours and he is doing a good job. But for the last few days, Miyu would get out of the classroom with her gang without even looking a second glance to Kanata, unlike the other love struck girls in her class.
 
“What stunt they pulled on you and Saionji-sensei?” Christine and Seiya both angrily demanding an answer to the blonde between them while a sweat drop creeps down on Miyu's cheek. She might as well think of something to make Nanami pay for her slip up.
 
“Okay it's decided! My House, 20:00 hours! Aya-chan and Nanami-chan will think of some slumber party activities.”
 
“Hai!” Nanami and Aya blink with approval.
 
“Akane-chan and Chris-san, I'll leave the refreshments to you.”
 
“I'll try to make it in time to bring the food.” Akane shrugs.
 
“What stunt they pulled on you and Saionji-sensei?” Christine and Seiya still angrily demanding an answer to the blonde between them while more sweat drops creep down on Miyu's cheek.
 
“How about me and Yaboshi-kun?” Santa raises a hand.
 
“I want the two of you to bring your best behavior. I'll keep an eye on Seiya and Akane seems got you under her control. Okay guys. Break!”
 
“Wait! What stunt they pulled on you and Saionji-sensei?!!!!”
 
 
 
====================================================
 
Later on in Miyu's House… 30 minutes before 20:00
 
 
 
“Miyu-chan, where do you want me to put all of this futons?” says the Kouzuki patriarch hugging a few futons stacked together. Yuu is helping his teenage girl willingly with the whole enchilada.
 
“I just finished setting up the den so please just leave it there and I'll take care of the rest, Papa.” says the Kouzuki daughter while wiping the sweat off her forehead with her sleeve. Miyu has been doing the arrangements ever since she got home from the school earlier.
 
“I'm so happy that you are going to host your very first slumber party, Miyu-chan. It's so good to know that you finally have a nice bunch of friends.” says the Kouzuki matriarch as she places a big bowl of punch and a big plate of finger sandwiches on the table that Miyu set in the den.
 
While the rest of the Kouzuki household are busy with the preparations, baby Lu is having his own time playing with the fat cat Wannya, pulling it's whiskers and patting it's head while it lies lazily on the carpet.
 
Miyu takes a gander at the window to see if any of her friends are coming early. She doesn't notice anyone she knows but she does note the evening sky to be a little dimmer than usual. There are hardly any stars visible up there and she feels a gentle chill from the swift chill that blows by her way.
 
“Is it just me or the weather tonight is getting a little windy?”
 
Then comes a rather loud rumble from the high up as thunder clangs it's sound from the camouflaged clouds. Miyu is getting the message that the heavens aren't quite good with the idea of her having her fun tonight in the upcoming sleep over.
 
“Geez, make that a little stormy.” Miyu complains after closing the window.
 
“I think I heard the weatherman say that there will be a monsoon coming tonight.” Says Miki standing behind her then lets the drapes down. “Papa, don't forget to set the thermostat as well, okay?”
“Hai.”
 
“Wow. To think the weatherman got the forecast to be this believable. But if it should rain, can it wait when it's a school day or something?”
 
“Well let's hope that it doesn't rain so hard. We sure can use the cool air brought by the evening rain.”
 
“You two shouldn't be talking about if it's raining hard or any rain at all. You're going to jinx it.”
 
“Well sorry but I'm an astronaut and not a meteorologist.”
 
“Just kidding, honey. Say, Miyu-chan who did you say are coming for the sleep over?”
 
“Nanami-chan and Aya-chan, you met them before. Also Chris-san, Akane-san, Santa and Seiya.” Says Miyu counting every single one with her fingers.
 
“Santa and Seiya are the boys that you mentioned, right? Are you sure that it's okay for you girls to have these two sleeping in the same den?” says Yuu.
 
“It's okay Papa. Those two are cool. Besides Akane-chan knows how to handle Santa and I can manage Seiya with Nanami-chan and Aya-chan's help.” Miyu replies proudly.
 
“It seems that the boys have the short end of the rope in your group. I feel sorry for the guys already.”
 
“What's that suppose to mean?”
 
“Don't listen to your father, Miyu-chan. He just can't take the fact that us women have the power over them men at certain times.” Says Miki holding her daughter's shoulders.
 
“I couldn't have said it better myself, Mama.”
 
Laughter then ensues the household. It's quite rare for them to have a joyous moment like this. Miyu looks at her parents with their petty flirting and Lu with Wannya having their carefree lives.
 
It's one of this times that she wishes that she could have more of this. She hardly sees them. Their jobs mean so much to both of them that sometimes she feels less important. Atleast Lu gets to go with them whenever they are called back to NASA.
 
She's being irrational but who could blame the girl for wanting to see her parents for longer than a month or so. There are a lot of people who can't stand being around with their parents, she is just baffled on why they even think so.
 
“It's almost time. I know there is such thing as fashionably late but I hope they don't know the vocabulary.” Says Miyu looking at their wall clock showing 5 minutes before eight in the evening. “You think I should call them or something.”
 
“It's a little early for you to do that, Miyu-chan. I'm sure they are on their way here now.”
 
“Maybe they heard about the incoming storm and decided that they can't come.”
 
“Miyu-chan don't be ridiculous. You are the host of the sleep over. If anything should go wrong beforehand it's your call. Besides, if they decided they couldn't come they would have called you hours ago.”
 
“I guess you're right. He he.” Miyu scratches her head.
 
“Let's just hope you're friends get here in time, pumpkin.”
 
“OH YEAH! Speaking of pumpkin, that reminds me.”
 
 
 
======================================================
 
 
On the other side of town, A certain bachelor pad that belongs to a certain Math teacher standing on his veranda with his mobile on his left ear.
 
Akira decided to surprise Kanata by calling him out of the blue. She doesn't want him to be bothered about the whole matrimonial celebration that is goin to take place really soon. She just feels like she owes it to him for them to just talk privately even if it is only by mobile phone.
 
Kanata was ofcourse delighted to hear from her again, and not just because his heart still bears a very big part for her. He stepped out of his room and went to the veranda to settle a suitable mood for him to talk to her.
 
Akira's fiancé seems to be some kind of a television network producer in Tokyo but he couldn't come so Akira decided to go to a business appointment as his representative. Even though she is not really a part of the production staff, her suggestions are sometimes being considered by the board of directors for her good ideas based on the current demography interests.
 
In other words, she knows what is hip or what could be the next big thing for the majority of the masses.
 
“So what happened?”
 
“Well that is about it. We tried negotiating with her but she still wanted to retire early. A lot of people are going to be upset about this news. The press conference should be broadcasted later.”
 
“It's a shame Mizuki-kun's network is going to loose Michiru-san. It's hard to find an idol like her.”
 
“He sent me there because he thinks I can convince her otherwise just because I'm more in synch with her than the other network big heads.”
 
“Have you guys thought about who should be the next idol?”
 
“We can't think of putting just anyone to take over. Michiru-san won the hearts of the people not because of our publicity but it's her natural charisma that made her so popular. On top of that, one of the nicest and humble girls you'll ever see unlike other snobbish idols that let the spotlight got way over their heads.”
 
“So what you are saying is that you are just waiting for the right person at the right place at the right time?”
 
“Affirmative. Actually I was thinking maybe Miyu-san could be an idol someday.”
 
“Kouzuki? Are you serious?”
 
“Well she is a little rough around the edges but a few touches and refinement she may have a shot at this.”
 
“I don't know about that. So do you think Michiru-san will be all right now that she is done being an idol?”
 
“Personally, it's good that she is pursuing something meaningful in life than the bright lights. She didn't wanted to be an idol in the long run. She saved all of her earnings actually for her future plans. And you know what, she should eat more. Haruka-san doesn't want her to enslave herself just to look perfect all the time.”
 
“So Haruka-san is worried about his anorexic girlfriend, that is natural... Could you blame the guy if he feels a little insecure whenever a bunch of guys are staring at her posters like crazed maniacs.”
 
“That is such a macho response coming from you, Kanata. And this is more like a girl - gossip topic. Since when you're in to showbiz.”
 
“Hey I only met the couple once and it is obvious that he cares for her. All I'm saying that I can relate to the guy.”
 
Yeah I know how sweet you can be in your very own way.”
 
 
Kanata is about to respond to that last comment of hers when he hears a few honking sounds from her end of the line.
 
“Akira, are you driving all this time?”
 
“Not anymore. I should stop when the light is red, you know. Man, the traffic here in Shinjuku could be such a mess.”
 
“Akira you shouldn't use your mobile phone whenever your inside a vehicle, moving or not. You should know better.”
 
 
Akira takes her phone a few inches away from her ear but still can hear Kanata's ramping. How she misses his tone of disapproval of things.
 
“I know that okay. C'mon don't be angry. I just want to talk to you that's all.”
 
“If you just want us to talk then we can arrange something just like what we did when we got your wedding dress from Hanakomachi-san's store but I won't let your safety be in jeopardy just because I also wanted to hear from you as well.”
 
“Kanata…”
 
“What?”
 
“Honestly, you sound just like Mizuki. He said the same thing about using my phone when I'm driving the other day and I was like…”
 
“Another thing we have in common, huh? Sometimes I'm beginning to think that if you marry me instead of Mizuki you couldn't even tell the difference.”
 
“Don't joke around like that. It's really hard for me to take this animosity coming from the two of you.”
 
“Well jokes are half meant though anyway, ha ha ha.”
 
 
No other words are being uttered by both other than the noise coming from the noisy background. This is just one of those matters that takes them back on that place when both of them were happy with each other's company, the time when they should have, would have and could have maintained and protected. In the end, Akira and Kanata must deal with the fact that even though that they were destined to meet in the same road, fate can always stir them apart. A regrettable fact of life but it is indeed true no doubt.
 
“Kanata…”
 
“What is it?”
 
“Your jealousy is showing.”
 
“What? No Akira, my jealousy is not showing.”
 
“Yes Kanata, it is showing.”
 
“How could you even say so you're miles away from me.”
 
“If it's you Kanata, I can tell.”
 
 
Shades of fade crimson trickles on both faces of the two. He remembers that catch phrase of hers so well. And why shouldn't he? That catch phrase embodies how much she knows and acknowledges him --- If it's you Kanata, I can tell.
 
 
“Do we need to go through with this again or should we end this now before you get yourself 8n an accident, heaven forbid.”
 
“Hey no fair. I called because I want to know what's going on with your life there at campus.”
 
“I told you everything is just fine.”
 
“Hey that is the same thing you said to me the last time. That's the same thing you always say every time I ask you anyway.”
 
 
Kanata can't bring anything new about his life to her, anything besides the fiasco about him and Kouzuki Miyu. Not only that it is embarrassing for him to tell her what has happened lately but also he doesn't know how would a person react about a teacher-student controversy, especially if that person to react is the one who he still feels strongly about.
 
If Miyu could somehow finds out that he thinks like this, he will never hear the end of it. He then remembers the night when Miyu threw a couple of her bitch slaps across Seiya's face. At first he felt like yelling BOOYA for giving that smug of a guy the one fore, although he was expecting her to open a can of whoop-ass, but now he reconsiders to watch himself not to be served with that can of whoop-ass care of Chef Miyu.
 
Now he doesn't know who to be afraid of…
 
“How is your basketball team? Santa is not giving you a hard time, is he?”
 
Ah… Akira… so thoughtful…
 
“You don't have to worry about that guy. As long as he is with his girl Akane, he will behave accordingly.”
 
“I'm still a little dazed about that he finally finds a girl who has the patience of a saint to handle his eccentric personality.”
 
“Other than you?'
 
“Oh c'mon this is entirely different and you know it. What's new with him anyways?”
 
“Well Oprah it's none of your business but if you must know he is going to a slumber party.”
 
Kanata then hears a bunch of snickering sounds from Akira's end of the line.
 
“Oh my God, a slumber? Aint he a little TOO old not to mention a little TOO manly to go to a nocturnal event that is made practically for girls such as a slumber party?”
 
“That's what I said to him exactly. His point was he doesn't want to get left behind on some secrets that might leak out during the whole thing. And he likes to refer the event, a group get together, instead of slumber party.”
 
“He can be such a paranoid. Well that is our Santa as always. By the way, where is the slumber party?”
 
“Kouzuki's place along some of my students as well. He said there are only two boys including him to be there.”
 
“Oh really now? It seems that Miyu-san has gotten to Santa, too. See, I told you she has this sort of charisma towards others.”
 
“Akira, its just Santa. He is not someone who is so damn hard to approach.”
 
“Oh yeah I forgot. Among the three of us you are the most uptight and obnoxious.”
 
“You better believe it.”
 
“So why is it that she got through you first?”
 
Kanata just opens his mouth but no words would like to come out. His brain is still thinking of what kind of answer he should offer to her. Must he explain it all or just smug it off like he always do to dismiss any possible endangering topic.
 
So why is it that Miyu got through him first? How did it all begin? How can a freak accident at the school hallway sometime ago trigger a lot a sequence of unfortunate and not so unfortunate events between him and his student? It is still baffling for him how it affects him when it comes to Miyu.
 
Just recently they both decided that to maintain a reasonable distance between them in order for him to make sure she doesn't go through another rough ordeal. During their forbidden nights together, he came to know her after she told him her everything she went through and she came to know him more when he told her his side.
 
Of course during those times when they are catch each other alone, there is no single time that they don't fight like cats but make out like dogs.
 
Can he tell all that to the girl on the other line?
 
If there is one thing he doesn't like the most, is for Akira to think less of him, even if he did it brought it upon himself.
 
“You only met Kouzuki once back then and already you tell so much about her. That is so like you to be such a good judge of character.”
 
“So you admit it. That she is all the things I said she is.”
 
“I'm not admitting anything.”
 
“Grouch! Well it's true that I only met her once but I also took the liberty to talk to her about some things.”
 
“Is that right? You didn't rip me off, did you?”
 
“I'm not gonna tell you, it was a girl thing. Besides, she did most of the ripping all by herself. Man, I'm telling you Kanata you should be a little nicer to her and your students.”
 
“I expected that she would be the one that might. Oh don't you worry I WILL do something to her and the others.”
 
“Kanata, please. You know it's not good thing for the students to have problems with their teacher. I told you that you shouldn't be a teacher if you can't have a healthy relationship with them with that attitude of yours.”
 
“Hey I said before that being a teacher is hard. I didn't say I don't want to.”
 
“And nobody said that you should live Hitomi-san's dream for her. You should live your own.”
 
“And once again I didn't say that it does, Akira. Just let me do this.”
 
“See? You can be such a nice guy if you want to. I just hope that you can be like that all the time.”
 
“You're no the first one to tell me that, believe me.”
 
“Yeah I bet. Say, what time did Santa said is the slumber party?”
 
“I think he said something about meeting at 20:00 hours.”
 
Kanata raises his right hand to see the time on his wristwatch. He doesn't know what she is thinking about now but knowing Akira like Kanata knows her best, she might be thinking to …
 
“That is military time for 8 in the evening. It's thirty passed eight in my watch. Tell Santa that I'll be crashing, I mean be surprising Miyu-san there at her slumber party.”
 
“What? Akira, you can't!”
 
“And why not? I'm done with Mizuki's appointment and I want some time to put some lead out.”
 
Kanata can't believe what he is hearing right now. She can't be serious. He is almost certain that Miyu won't be saying anything unnecessary to Akira other than bad mouthing him, however, he can't trust Konishi Aya and Tenchi Nanami if they are able to make Akira say anything about him. They will certainly squeeze her dry, every ounce of Saionji information out her.
 
Then a cold sweat runs down on his cheek. He almost forgot that the biggest Saionji fangirl is also attending Kouzuki Miyu's sleep over, Hanakomachi Christine. Not to mention… Yaboshi Seiya will also have a field day.
 
“This is bad.”
 
“You said something, Kanata?”
 
“Ii-ya betsuni nandemonai.”
 
“So how I can get to Miyu-san's place?”
 
 
Must think of something… Fast!
 
 
“Are you a little old for slumber parties?”
 
“Kanata, bite your tongue. I won't let Santa, who is also the same as our age and also a guy, to have a good time. Now don't be such a nag and tell me.”
 
Before Kanata could utter a single word, the evening sky starts to let out all of the precipitate. A gentle growl of thunder and monsoon breezes circulates through out the whole prefecture.
 
Kanata, who is getting wet as he runs away from the veranda, then makes it inside for shelter. On the other side, Akira's windshield is doing it's best to wipe off the dragging rainwater. The sound of pitter-patter echoes from both ends of their mobile. Akira takes a good look I front and it seems that traffic is starting budge thanks to the green light shimmering from a few meters away.
 
“Akira, it's raining hard here in Heiomachi as we speak. Getting here will get a bit tenacious. How's it going there at Shinjuku?”
 
“The rain is showing no mercy as well here in Shinjuku, Kanata. It just poured so suddenly I didn't even notice a hint of rain shower.”
 
“Listen, I advice that you should check in on the nearest hotel or something. Besides, the road that leads access to Kouzuki's place is being repaired for sewage maintenance. The roadmen will only make you take a longer detour and I doubt your car won't manage to take that.”
 
“If that is the case, all right then. I can see signs of traffic activity now so I'll be hanging up now before you scream at me again.”
 
“Call me when you're okay.”
 
“Hai. Ja ne, Kanata.”
 
“Ja ne, Akira.”
 
 
Kanata pushes the end-call button and takes a good look at the call registry. His talk with Akira seems a lot longer than the time they were actually talking. He didn't even notice the minutes that went by when him and her exchange words… just the two of them… just like the old times…
 
 
He then pushes the mobile phone's phonebook button and scans through all of the registered names. There are only quite a few of them in there. It's not like no one asks for his number or he gives it out of free will but of course, he is just not that sociable with other people. Finally, he stops at a name and pushes the call button.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------
 
 
Kouzuki Residence - 2040 hours
 
 
Nanami, Aya, Akane, Christine, Santa, and Seiya came a few minutes behind the scheduled time. On their defense, they said that the took a long detour to get to their house since the road that gives access to their place is blocked by the people doing the sewage maintenance.
 
Due to the confusion of going into unfamiliar charters, Santa led the way instincts. However, thanks to the evening weather at that time was getting unusual, a few wrong turns were made here and there. When it started raining they seek shelter from a nearby porch of a house. After Akane pinched Santa's ear, she took the liberty of calling Miyu.
 
By their surprise, the door behind them opened and saw Miyu holding her mobile on the side of her face. The house that they stopped over to was Miyu's place after all. Of course Santa demanded an apology from Akane and she agreed to give him a backrub cause he said that Saionji-sensei's practice games are making him more tensed.
 
When the visitors were done with the greetings and formalities, Miyu's parents advised them to change since they were caught by the rain. As Miyu took the girls to her room to have a quick shower and change, Santa and Seiya were permitted to use the bathroom to be their dressing room for the meantime.
 
Santa agreed to go first and Santa waits outside the door. He is kneeling down going through his stuff that he will use when his mobile inside his pocket started ringing. He takes it out and sees the name of the caller in the screen. He doesn't know why this person is calling him but he answers it anyway… to check up on him, perhaps? Nah…
 
Santa doesn't want Seiya to hear any of the conversation so he took his bag and steps a few feet away from the bathroom door.
 
“Moushi-moushi, Santa-des”
 
“Did you guys arrive there in time?”
 
“Oh hey dude, I didn't know you cared so much. Actually we were a bit late but thanks for that tip you gave me to get here when I called you. Although I made a few wrong turns coz the detour is a bit dark not to mention we were caught by the rain.”
 
“Didn't Kouzuki mentioned about the sewage maintenance?”
 
“She said she forgot to that it was even going on coz she takes another way to go to school. If you ask me she should go out more. How did you know about the maintenance job anyway?”
 
Inside Kanata's mind there is no particular reason he knows about it. It's not like he was tailing Miyu every time Yaboshi walks her home. He finds it odd that Yaboshi isn't even aware of that if he was so dead set about Miyu.
 
“There's a thing called the local news, Santa. Unlike you I try to get updated about what's goin on in this run down town. If you ask me all of you should be doing environment awareness.”
 
“Hey dude, after school hours you're not eh boss of me. You don't have to be smug about it.”
 
“Forget about it. Listen, I want you to call me back if Akira happens to show up there at your little sleep over.”
 
“Akira-san? Did you talk to her again with out saying anything to me again? You're so unfair, man!”
 
“That's why I'm saying it to you now. Stop whining. She said she just want to ease up a bit there where I mentioned you are attending Kouzuki's sleep over.”
 
“Oh really? That's great! It's been a while since I have seen her.”
 
“That's not great.”
 
“Why not?”
 
“Santa look outside. If you haven't noticed, it's raining cats and dogs out there. I told her not to come there and head straight for the nearest hotel coz her car won't even manage to through the detour you took.”
 
“Ah your so mean! You just want to hog her all for yourself. You're always like that even now that she has Mizuki-san.”
 
 
That's true but it is not important now. Santa knows him too well.
 
 
“Don't be absurd. I told her that because she was stuck at Shinjuku and the rain started to pour down. By the time she even gets near there…”
 
“The affected road that for the repairs will only cause a significant amount of flood due to the diggings, mud, dirt and gravel... that's right.”
 
“But although she said she'll follow my advice, I think she will pull it off somehow.”
 
“Well, at least her lodging would be free plus she will have fun here than a staying in a fancy yet lonely hotel room just to spend the night. She already knows Kouzuki-san anyway.”
 
“That's what I think she is thinking.”
 
“So what if she does come here? What are you going to do about it, man? She's a big girl now.”
 
“Well I'll…”
 
“Come here and drag her out?”
 
“No but I'll”
 
“Or how about you'll come with her and join us?”
 
“NO!”
 
“I think that would be interesting. Kouzuki will be surprised when she sees you with Akira crashing her slumber party...”
 
“Santa…”
 
“Then you two will always sit next each other and do all of your classic flirting to each other and we will feel so darn envious of you…”
 
“San-ta…”
 
“And then Hanakomachi-san will see this, go into hyper mode again and will literally bring the house down…”
 
“San--ta…”
 
“And then Tenchi-san and Konishi-san will start gossiping about you and Akira-san, thinking that she's your prospect…”
 
“San---ta…”
 
“And then Akane-can and I will be snuggling comfortably together to enjoy our own flirting.”
 
“San----ta…”
“And finally Yaboshi-san will see this as a perfect opportunity to swoop down and take are of Kouzuki-san cause she will be hating you out of jealousy.”
 
 
Kanata can't believe how much imagination his best friend can have. All he is concerned about is that with Santa and Akira being there might coz it might lead to trouble. He almost thought that Santa alone will behave but now he is certain that it's not the case anymore.
 
Even though Santa is being ridiculous, all he said right now are just some of the worries that he is trying to avoid. The flirting, the wrecking, the gossiping, the cuddling, the swooping, and the hating… just troublesome.
 
Santa can feel Kanata's frustration radiating from the receiver. He finds it kinda nice messing with his best friend with a few mind games of his own. But he still thinks that Kanata should get his head out of the gutter and decide what he really wants for his life. He quells his smile down and prepares to be serious.
 
 
“Alright you're being ridiculous now, Santa.”
 
“Kanata, listen to me.”
 
“W-what?”
 
Kanata becomes quiet suddenly when he recognized the change in tone in Santa's voice. He hears a Santa gives out a big breath then sighs it all out.
 
“I know she is our best friend and your just being concerned about her and I know it is not my place to say this but you shouldn't act like your still obligated to Akira. Even though I haven't meet the guy, let Mizuki-san take over coz she is her fiancé now.”
 
“I know that already. I just don't know why you even brought up Kouzuki.”
 
“This is not about Kouzuki-san. This is about you making up your damn mind. If Yaboshi is serious about Kouzuki then there is nothing wrong with that let Kouzuki decide on that. If anything bad should happen let her family and friends do most of the damage control. You don't have to get too involved concerning yourself in girls that are obviously off limits just so you can fill the void in that ego of yours. Do you understand what I'm telling you, man?”
 
Kanata is still in shock for him to hear Santa blurt all of those words of wisdom to him. Santa may be the peculiar one among the trio but he does make a lot of sense sometimes.
 
“I understand completely.”
 
“Glad to hear it.”
 
“You were right.”
 
“I know I'm right.”
 
“Those were pretty big words you used there.”
 
“You bet they are.”
 
“You really nailed me on that one.”
 
“Right on the middle.”
 
“I'm just fooling myself.”
 
“And as your friend I suggest you stop fooling around.”
 
“Did you tell Akane-chan than you're fooling around too and you are actually as old as I am and you went all of the trouble to get in the same school she's going just so that you can be with her?”
 
“Nope not yet but I'm considering that this would be the night to tell her.”
 
“So were both fooling ourselves?”
 
“Yes we are.”
 
“Should we pretend that we are not and just wait for things to happen?”
 
“That would be a great idea.”
 
“Do we still remember the point of this conversation?”
 
“No I believe we lost it.”
 
“Can I count on you not any word of this to anyone, vice-captain Kurosu-san?”
 
“Not a single word, coach.”
 
“Should I expect anymore lip about me minding my life in the near future?”
 
“Not unless after school hours or you're really asking for it, Saionji-sensei.”
 
It is also easy to turn everything against Santa if talks of self-righteousness are concerned. It is so damn convenient to play the teacher card, too. Santa just smirks at how his best friend could weasel his way out on this one. But he knows that Kanata now know that he has his back always, and a few reality checks are needed to keep a friend living in reality. This goes for the both of them because obviously they have the same taste for unorthodox relationship with the opposite sex.
 
Santa then hears footstep from behind him, then turns around and sees none other than the host of the shindig, herself.
 
“Kouzuki-san? What are you doing here?” asks Santa to the blonde, while holding his mobile by the receiver.
 
“All of us are waiting now in the den. Seiya said that he saw you on the phone talking to someone. He said you're having such a nice talk that he decided not to bother you and went straight ahead.” Miyu explains to him.
 
“Oh is that so? Sorry for keeping you guys wait like that. I'll go change right after I wrap things up here.” Santa points to his mobile.
 
“Who are you talking to, anyway? You better hurry up coz Seiya is leading Akane-chan than you might be talking to another girl and she's reconsidering that backrub into a back-whipping.”
 
“Oh no. I better hurry. Here.” Santa shoves his mobile to Miyu's hands and runs to the bathroom. He stops on his track looks back at her. “Entertain Saionji-sensei for a while.” says Santa in a gentle volume with his hand covering a side of his mouth and winking at her.
 
 
When Santa shuts the bathroom door shut, Miyu is left there looking at both ways not knowing what do with the mobile. She holds the mobile phone hidden and goes to the den. After telling her visitors that she'll get something out from her room, she goes there with the mobile in her hand.
 
She looks at the screen and sees that the call is still active. She then places it on her left ear and clams herself.
 
 
At Saionji's pad, the math teacher is hearing nothing but weird noises and faint voices. He wonders what is bothering Santa coz he is not yet finished saying everything to him.
 
“Hey Santa? What the hell are you doing there?”
 
“If you're looking for Santa-kun, he's in the bathroom right now changing.”
 
 
Kanata then recognizes that feminine voice. He just slaps his forehead hard, cursing Santa over and over again in his twisted mind. Akira said to be nice her to her but he didn't said he'll be the nicest guy in the world. After all, it's that gruff personality that got Akira closer to him before. But then again, it is that the same atmosphere that unfortunately pulls Miyu to him in someway.
 
 
“What are you doing with his phone, Kouzuki-san?”
 
“Santa-kun gave it to me. He said that I should entertain you for a while, Saionji-sensei.”
 
 
Both of them are now being formal to ach other. Miyu feels a little awkward talking to him with the proper address, in the other hand, Kanata is not affected by it at all since he does it everytime with every student in school anyway.
 
“Did Kurosu-san really say that? Such rudeness will not be tolerated next time.”
 
“I tried calling you earlier. But all I keep getting was a busy line.”
 
 
He is quite surprised that she tries to initiate a phone conversation with him. It's hard to figure her mood if she keeps changing it as often as she change her clothes. But then Kanata figures that it goes for all female kind.
 
 
“I was talking to somebody.”
 
“For more than thirty minutes? That's a little long, even for you, sensei.”
 
 
Has he really become that transparent for her to see right through him, saying that she knows even his phone habits? Nevertheless, he is aware that she also knows that a phonecall between is against the agreement, what now if they are actually talking.
 
 
“I like talking to that somebody. Let's just say that somebody is an exception.”
 
“I see. I guess it must have been someone special.”
 
 
Her tone is a little off key and he wasn't successful in ignoring that. Was she persistent to strike a conversation with him that she tried calling him for thirty minutes when he was talking to Akira? Or was she just impatient of waiting for her friends to arrive that she felt like messing around with him again?
 
 
“You already got the chance to talk, Kouzuki-san. What is it that you want?”
 
“Oh yeah, I'm hosting my first slumber party with the guys. I'm so excited.”
 
 
Is this girl for real? The last time she talks to him she got the nerve to shot him down for getting a little giddy with her coz it is against the agreement. He is aware that this conversation is against it too, but is she aware that she knows it as well?
 
 
“Good for you, Kouzuki-san. You finally made a breakthrough.”
 
“You don't have to be so sarcastic about it.”
 
 
Actually she doesn't know if he is just being sarcastic, joking, talking normally, or just being himself, which is a bit of all three. Akira did say that he should be nice to her, but he didn't say that he should be the nicest guy around.
 
 
“Kouzuki-san, you tried to call me for a half an hour just to say that you're excited to be hosting your first slumber party.”
 
“No, I also want to say that some people here want you to be here but it is not going to happen coz this is an event organized by us students so that means no pain in the ass teachers.”
 
 
She is so adorable when she talks like a monkey. Kanata does nothing but to smile at her exuberant self.
 
“Kurosu-san just mentioned everything about that sleep over of yours.”
 
“Didn't you hear me? I said no teachers and that means you.”
 
“Well that is too bad and I guess I thank you for not inviting me then. Honestly, even if I'm not your teacher why would I even go to a slumber party which is originally a girl thing.
 
“Not to mention you're guy and you're a little TOO old for this.”
 
“So I guess Kurosu-kun is not much of a guy after all. Ah yes, that also goes for Yaboshi then? What are you girls going to do to them? Put some make up on them and convert them to join your kind?”
 
“Hey there is nothing wrong if Santa-kun always wants to be by Akane's side.”
 
“Well you're right. Kurosu-san doesn't care about that. So that means Yaboshi is the fruit cup then.”
 
“Hey that's uncalled for.”
 
“Or can it be that he also wants to be by your side always?
 
“Well that is not entirely true but…”
 
“If Kurosu-kun or Yaboshi wants to play make up and dress up just to be desperately close to you girls, that's fine by me. It doesn't even concern me.”
 
 
Miyu ends up in a standstill. Sometimes talking to him is just so damn hard. Can't he just last for 10 minutes without saying anything nasty or insensitive.
Kanata doesn't like her to hate him but he does make it seem to be an easy job to piss her off. She just takes a big breath and let it pass for now.
 
 
“Um, Saionji-sensei, if it's alright with you, may I know that somebody that you were talking to earlier?”
 
“Do you want the truth?”
 
“You can lie. It's also alright if you don't want to.”
 
 
It's okay for him to just blow her off but that will make him look like a jerk that he already is. He can lie but that would make him a hypocrite. The truth will set one free, hurts or not.
 
 
“It was just Akira.”
 
“It was just Akira, huh? You're telling the truth.”
 
“Of course I do.”
 
“No wonder you're a little extra grumpy today. You're too happy because you were able to talk her that I end up on the rotten side of you.”
 
“No I'm not too happy because I was able to talk to her.”
 
“Now you are lying.”
 
“Besides you always end up on my rotten side anyway.”
 
“Now you're telling the truth again.”
 
 
Both of them just laugh about it in vane. Miyu is getting a little irritated somehow but hearing Kanata being himself to her seems make it bearable. Kanata senses that telling Miyu about Akira might be the right decision but he also feels that it is also not the wisest move.
 
 
“It's not good to keep your visitors waiting, Kouzuki-san.”
 
“Oh yeah. Of course. I have nothing left to say then. They may get suspicious or something. I'll be signing off now, Saionji-sensei. I don't want you to pay too much for your phone bill. ”
 
“Alright. Next time, think twice if you want to invite me in any of your social obligations. You know how it is.”
 
“Yeah. I'll keep that in mind.”
 
 
Kanata figures that even if he tries to push her out, it will only pulls Miyu right back in. The only thing that's keeping them apart is the society's moral foundation. As Akira said, Miyu is really a nice girl. Although there is a limit for their denial, they have no idea how far they have crossed the line.
 
“And Kouzuki…”
 
“Yes?”
“It's really great that you're having that sleep over with your friends. It means that you don't have to be worried about being alone anymore.”
 
“But I wasn't too worried about being alone. Aside from them, I still have you as a friend, right?”
 
 
Because there comes a time when it may seem impossible, there are things that can make it possible and less insurmountable. Whether one should be selfish just to escape one's sadness and then cause distraught to others, it's better to face what is ahead and move forward, even if the direction is different from the others.
 
 
“Well duh! I was the friend who has been kissing you're worries away, remember?”
 
“How could I forget?”
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------
 
 
Kouzuki household - the Den
 
 
While Miyu is upstairs, Miki took the liberty to entertain Miyu's friends in the Den. She even asked her husband Yuu to place the television in the room just for their amusement.
 
Nanami is talking to Miki, Santa is now playing with Lu after convincing Akane that he wasn't talking to another girl, Christine and Akane are in the kitchen making sure that the refreshments that they brought are still A-OK. Aya is channel surfing for some good movies that is on in the TV, Seiya on the other hand, is at the bookshelf looking at all of the books in the big bookshelf, Yuu is with him telling how fascinating the contents of each and every one of their books about astronomy.
 
 
~ Nanami and Miki ~
 
“She really almost did that?” says Nanami
 
“Yeah, she was just worried that you would just bailed her out.” Miki responds.
 
“But we would call her first hours before the set time.”
 
“That's what we said to her. And I'm sorry if Miyu didn't tell you about that road. Actually we just arrived here ourselves lately and when we saw the men working we just thought they are just going to do a small digging and be finished right away.”
 
“It's okay ma'am. We did have here safe and sound even though the rain crept suddenly. That's not enough to keep us away from doing this thing for Miyu-chan.”
 
“Arigatou, Tenchi-san.”
 
 
~ Santa and Lu ~
 
 
“I cant believe Kouzuki-san has such a cute otouto. Oh yes you are! Oh yes you are!” says Santa while he holds baby Lu and springing him up and down.
 
“Eiiie!” says the little infant, enjoying every single motion his being submitted to.
 
“You know if I look at you closely, I think you got Miyu's flowing blonde hair and some hint of Kanata's handsome face. You don't suppose that you're their son, do you?” Santa narrows his eyes looking at Lu's smiling face.
 
The out of nowhere, Lu's smacks Santa's cheek with his rattle toy in such a force only a baby could do then just keep smiling.
 
“Of course not. Don't be ridiculous Santa. Ofcourse you're not Kanata and Miyu's. You're her cute little brother that needs a little attitude adjustment. But I got to admit, even though you look as cute as Miyu, somehow you got Kanata's habit of smacking my head.” says Santa with a crooked smile. “Although kind to think of it, both of them could use attitude adjustments as well.”
 
“Eiiie!”
 
“You think so, too? Tenchi-san and Konishi-san said that you already met Saionji-sensei. He's not much of a people person, especially to your sister.”
 
Lu just raises his arms and coos as a sign of agreement to what Santa has just said. Although a baby like him can hear, it is still doesn't mean that Lu understands the hell what the guy is yapping. Perhaps Lu is just amused with Santa's face and the way he talks to him.
 
“Eiiye!”
 
“But wouldn't it be interesting if you really are their boy? It would be so much fun in so different levels. Coo-chi-coo-chi-koo!”
 
 
(A/N: Santa thinks that Lu is Kanata and Miyu's child… is he now? ^_~)
 
 
~ Akane and Christine ~
 
 
“I sure am, envious of you Akane-san.” says Christine while arranging some of treats that they brought on a huge platter.”
 
“Oh? Why in the world for?” Akane replies.
 
“It's just that, you're pretty, you're smart, you're athletic, you're a good cook and on top of that you already have a boyfriend.” Chris blushes.
 
“C'mon why would you be envious of me? Actually I think it's the other way around.”
 
“Why is that?”
 
“Cause you're one of the richest people in campus, you're also smart and pretty and not to mention popular. On top of that you're also nice and friendly unlike the other snobs we usually encounter.”
 
“Really? You really mean that?”
 
“Sure I do. It is quite flattering that you are spending this much time hanging around with us normal folks. Besides, I'm sure there are boys on the campus that have a crush on you but just shy.”
 
“Oh I don't know about that. But I wouldn't mind if one of them is Saionji-sensei! Oh I will just fly out of orbit if that was true!”
 
“Christine you're crushing the food!”
 
 
~ Aya and the television ~
 
 
“Now in showbiz news, it seems that the TV sensation idol, Tenoh Michiru, has retired from the business. A representative from the Neo-Tokyo network who was responsible for Michiru-san's success has this to say ---.”
 
Akira being interviewed: It is a shame that she has decided to retire, but this doesn't mean that she just abandoned all of her fans. She is still young and has personal dreams to fulfill. She is forever in debited to all of her fans for their support and she appreciates them truly. All we need now is to show that same support.
 
“I didn't know Akira-san works for Neo-Tokyo. If we knew it a lot sooner then perhaps she could have get us some of Michiru's autograph pictures or cds. Too bad she has retired so early,” says Aya as she is staring at the female figure that was referred as the Neo-Tokyo representative.
 
 
Newscaster: “Michiru started out in a few commercials on the past. Because of her astonishing young beauty, it didn't take long for her career to skyrocket when her charisma captured the hearts of all ages. Twelve months since her first appearance in television, she continuous to flourish when she then released her first single to launch her singing career and reached platinum success. It wasn't long until she accepted acting roles. Who could forget her overwhelming performance in the Shakespeare classic `Romeo and Juliet' which satisfied many critiques? The last film she worked on is the coming movie this winter entitled, `She's so pretty' four weeks before the announcement of her early retreat.
 
 
“If you ask me Romeo and Juliet could have used more lighting and a more realistic prop design. Not to mention that scene between Tivolt and Mercucio's swordfight could use a little more refining but I guess Michiru-san carried it all. I don't know maybe I'm just jealous coz I cant do a great portrayal just like that, which is a stage play to begin with.” says Aya as she sour-grapes with her memories of that particular play. She actually watched it 99 times already when she taped it. More than enough to see any pros and cons by heart.
 
 
Newscaster: “Another mystery that arise when she keeps thanking a certain person named `Haruka' everytime she gives her thanks during interviews. Up until now she remains discreet about the true identity of this `Haruka' person but a few have percolated and come to believe that this person might actually be her special someone. Even though there hasn't been any proof that she is seeing someone, it's too early to presume that Haruka is anything close as her boyfriend on account that Haruka is a name that can be given to a boy and a girl.”
 
“Naturally.” says Aya.
 
Newscaster: “In local news, after almost five years of renovation, Fantasy Park will re open tomorrow with new attractions and exciting rides in store for all spectators that will show.”
 
“This is interesting…”
 
 
 
~ Seiya and Yuu ~
 
“I'm not really in the right position to tell you that, Yaboshi-kun.” says Yuu while holding a book about the man's first landing on the moon.
 
“Don't you know that it is a odd that those pictures of Neil Armstrong and the Lunar Surface looks TOO good?” says a suspicious Seiya
 
“Well I'm not here to start an intelligent argument but I can tell you that we on NASA have heard of a lot of things about some skeptics and their conspiracy theory.”
 
“Sir, I may not be an astronomer or an astronaut but I do know the fundamentals of space.”
 
“I'm sure you do. Let's hear one claim then and maybe I can provide you some insight.”
 
Seiya then takes the book and points his finger on a picture showing the Neil Armstrong alongside with Buzz Aldrin planting a waving American flag on the lunar surface.
 
“Okay I'll show you the what's baffling me the most out all my claims. Space has no air, not even oxygen. The Earth's moon also has zero air in it, making moving air or wind impossible. However, if you look here, the American flag was "waving" in the allegedly airless environment of the moon. How can this be?”
 
“Of course the flag was "waving" while the astronaut was fiddling with it back and forth as he jammed it into the hole.”
 
“That's it?”
 
“Although most of us in NASA are rocket scientist, we can also give the public some common sense, Yaboshi-kun.”
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------
 
 
Kouzuki's Den - 9:45 pm
 
Miyu finally comes down the stairs with a few blankets. She sees her friends are enjoying what her family has to offer. Nanami is chatting nicely with her mother, Christine and Akane are ready serving the food, Santa is having a good time making fun of Lu, her father is keeping Seiya distracted, and Aya settles for the family album. Miyu then walks to Aya and sits besides her. Soon enough the rest of the crew join them to laugh and to be awed by the pictures.
 
Miyu tries desperately to avoid them seeing her embarrassing baby pictures but to no avail, Nanami and Akane are there to hold her. They made a few laughs but they find most of her pictures to be adorable. Seiya even tries to ask for one of Miyu's pictures but of course she didn't permitted him.
 
There was even this particular picture of a group of girls and a monk with a strange pose in front of a shrine. They all laugh how ridiculous the monk looked just for a photograph. The only one who is not laughing is Santa as he looks intently at the face of that monk.
 
As Aya flips another pages, they see an old picture of what it seems to be two high school girls. The picture looks faded and hued.
 
“Miyu-chan who are these girls in this pictures?” asks Aya.
 
Miyu takes a good look at it. “I think one of them is my mom.”
 
“Which one of them?” Nanami asks.
 
“I suppose she's the one in the right with the longer hair.”
 
“Wow. Both of them look really pretty.” Seiya shrugs.
 
“The long hair suits your mother just fine, Miyu-chan.” Akane replies
 
“She kinda looks like Miyu, don't you think so?” Christine smiles.
 
 
As they keep their eyes on the picture, Santa just lays silent taking his time looking at the other girl with the shorter hair, who was beside the other young girl who is said to be Miyu's mother.
 
He recognizes the face quite faintly but he thinks that he already saw this girl before. He closes his eyes and digs deep inside his mind. And then it strikes him and opens his eyes in astonishment.
 
“Hitomi-san?” Santa murmured
 
Akane hears her guy and looks at him, “You said something Santa?”
 
“N-nothing.” Santa responds. “So Kouzuki-san, who is the other girl with your mom over here?”
 
 
 
Miki surprises them all and comes to bow down to see the picture herself. “Wow, so this is where it has been all the time.”
 
“Mom, you're the one with long hair in this picture, right?” Asks Miyu
 
“Yup. This dates from my high school days years ago.”
 
“I think you still look as beautiful as the one in your picture but with shorter hair, Mrs. Kouzuki.” Seiya says
 
“Thank you Yaboshi-kun, but flattery will you get you nowhere.”
 
“By the way, may we ask who is this pretty girl with you?”
 
 
Miki then takes a good look at the old picture. She touches the image of the other girl with her fingers and then takes it off the plastic sheet.
 
“This girl here was my best friend.” Miki takes a small spot on the futon near her daughter. The gang stays silent sensing that Miyu's mother has an interesting story to tell, at least to Santa that is.
 
“We both met each other in the astronomy club when we were in high school. Back then, she knew more about the planets, the stars and the other heavenly bodies in and beyond the solar system than I did. Actually I never really paid that much attention knowing any of those. All I knew was that stars were just sparkling dots in the evening sky, shooting stars were something for wishing and the other planets were just planets that were not that much of a big deal.”
 
::::::::::::::::
(Start Flashback) - sunset, inside the Astronomy Club, by the window
 
“This is where you cross the grid, right?” Miki says to her bestfriend while setting up the astronomy club's high-powered telescope.
 
“That's correct and if you set the telescope at these coordinates, we will be able to see Venus even at this time.” says the other girl. “As you can see, Venus may appear a bit orange but actually Venus s said to be Earth's twin sister.”
 
“You're pulling my leg! Everybody knows Earth is blue so how can they be twins?”
 
“They are not literally twins by appearance but they almost have the same size and mass. Earth is blue because its gaseous atmosphere reflects the color of Earth's ocean water. Venus in the other hand, appears to be orange because the color of it's surface is mostly made up of sulfur and gas mostly made up of CFC's making Venus the hottest planet on the solar system.”
 
“Balderdash! Mercury is closest planet to the sun so that makes Venus the second hottest.” Miki objects
 
“Not exactly. True that Mercury is the closest but because Venus' abundance of CFC's serving as it's gas coating, the CFC's causes a green house effect on the whole planet, making Venus not only hot, due to it's proximity to the sun's rays, but also intensely humid caused by the CFC's green house effect.”
 
(End Flashback)
:::::::::::::::::::::::
 
 
“I think it's a little hard to believe that you didn't know that much about astronomy since you became an astronaut and all, Mrs. Kouzuki.” Nanami shrugs.
 
“Well Nanami-chan, most people pre-plan on what they would become in the future and some people don't even think much about what they would become. But in the very end, they will all realize that one way or another, things will turn out not quite they expected.”
 
“That is a very profound thing to say and very true, Mrs. Kouzuki.” Christine compliments Miki.
 
“Please do continue, Mrs. Kouzuki.” says Akane
 
“The astronomy club only had eight members at the time and we were only in our freshmen years. But we still became friends even though we were in separate classes. When we spent the night at each other's houses, we talked about the guys we liked and our future dreams as we watched the stars. Although we were staring at the same stars, she was thinking of completely different things.”
 
 
::::::::::::::::::::::::
(Start Flashback) - late at night inside Miki's room
 
“Someday I would marry someone who shares the same interest as me and then we will have a cute baby girl.”
 
“I think I'll settle for a healthy baby boy, Miki-chan.”
 
“You know what, I want to know more about what is out there beyond Earth. I want to see first hand what it is like up above than staring at it all without knowing anything else every night down here.”
 
“That's a wonderful dream. Then you should become an astronaut, Miki-chan. The chance will surely open up for you if you did just that.”
 
“How about you? What do you want to become in the future?”
 
“In the future I want to have a job where I can help orphans and kids who suffer every day. I want to serve as their ray of hope when everything seems to be bleak for them.”
 
 
(End Flashback)
::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
 
“Someone who can teach the ones to hold the end of the rope tightly and learn that the hardest part of life is living it.” Santa says gently. The others just looks at him in shock, cant believe to hear something so deep out of their weird friend.
 
“Exactly the words she said that night. How did you know Kurosu-san?” Miki asks Santa
 
“Lucky guess.” Santa scratches his head. “So what did she wants to become, Mrs. Kouzuki?”
 
“I said that those qualities of hers will make her a good teacher so she set her goals to be one someday.” Miki replies making Santa narrows his eyes and looks even more serious to listen. “Even though we are the same age, I sometimes thought that she was my older sister. Like the time I studied a lot to get into college and I got fed up.”
 
 
::::::::::::::::::::::::
(Start Flashback) - inside the college library
 
 
“I'm going to give up being an astronaut!” Miki slams her book down the table and slumps over it.
 
“You cant!”
 
“Why not?”
 
“Well you're doing something that most people are too scared to do so there will be times you feel frustrated. But when they go well, no one will be able to touch you so don't worry. Leave the Earth to me. You need to work hard to become an astronaut, okay?”
 
“Alright.”
 
(End of Flashback)
::::::::::::::::::::::
 
 
“She cheered me up when I was in a slump. It's kinda weird to say that her words go right through your heart like magic.” says Miki. “And then there was the school vacation of destiny.”
 
“Vacation of destiny?” everyone says in unison
 
“Yes. She met this young monk when our gang went to take a walk to find some places to take some photos with us in it. To make it short, she asked this monk to take our picture in front of the shrine but instead he misunderstood and posed with us making her the one taking the picture.”
 
“You mean that photo of you and your friends and a monk with the weird pose?” Miyu asks
 
“Yup. That was the time when she met her future husband.” Miki answers. “While on the subject, why don't I talk about my encounter with your father, Miyu?”
 
“Alright. Let's hear it.” Miyu agrees gladly
 
“Thanks to my bestfriend, I was able to make it into college. And then there was your father.” Miki looks at her husband who is listening quietly all this time on the other side of the den. “Dear, would you like to take this one?”
 
“Alright.” Yuu stands up and takes a seat next to Miki. “I was two years older than Miki. Back then, it was that time when every college holds this annual event when each club gather on the school grounds, set up and try to enlist more members. I was in the astronaut club booth of course. When Miki came by our booth, we tried to enlist her but she just walked away. However, the guys that I'm with sent me to get her attention cause they think that Miki's attractive.”
 
“And then what happened, Papa?” asks Yuu's daughter
 
“Well of course, I didn't want to cause I was feeling kinda shy and I act like a geek in front of pretty girls. But they all shove me and I had no choice but to go and tried my luck.”
 
 
:::::::::::::::::::::::::
(Start Flashback)
 
 
“A club looking for members?” Miki looks at three guys inside of a booth with a banner saying Astronomy Club. When the three guys sees her they were about to approach her when Miki turns her back. “I'll pass”
 
“Kouzuki, go!” says Yuu's friend as he slaps him on the back. “She's pretty hot! Go get her, man!”
 
“Eh? But I'm not good at that!” Yuu objects
 
“Just go!”
 
“Hai!”
 
Yuu follows Miki and conjures up something appropriate to say. “Um… you… Ano-san” says Yuu
 
Miki turns around to see one of the guys from the astronomy booth. “Hai?'
 
“Ano, do you have any interest in stars and outer space? We are going to go star gazing.” Yuu starts to perspire. “The stars are beautiful. Each star has it's own personality so you never get bored watching them. Well the truth is, if don't get another member, our club will lose it's sponsor. But we'll try to…”
 
“Alright I'll join.” says Miki interrupting Yuu
 
“Eh?”
 
“Nice to meet you.”
 
 
(End of Flashback)
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
 
“And that's how it all started.” says Miki. “But while that was going on, my bestfriend and the monk were exchanging letters and having a long distance love. But when the monk finished his training and my bestfriend graduated, they were reunited. He married her and then they have a son soon after.”
 
“That's really romantic.” says Christine. “Distance doesn't matter as long as two people are so in love.”
 
“Then Miyu's father and I got an scholarship to join the astronomical and research program supported by NASA. We decided to fulfill our dreams first before committing ourselves to other things. Five years later, I became an Astronaut while Yuu here became an Astro-physicist, then we were ready to get married and soon enough Miyu came to be.”
 
“So everything turned out for the best for you and your bestfriend then, mama.” says Miyu.
 
Miki bows her head down and the smile on her face turns upside down. “Why what happened?” the teenagers say in unison.
 
Yuu places his hand on her wife's shoulder. “Miki, it's getting late. I can tell them.” Miki holds his hand and smiles then shakes her head. “We agreed to meet on a children's playground and brought our kids with us. We thought it would be nice for us to sit down and talk, just like the old times. Back then Miyu was still a year old baby while her son was five years older.”
 
Yuu stands up first and then offers his hand to hoist Miki upward. Both Miyu's parents feel that they should call it a day and retire for the night. Lu is already out as Yuu carries him on his arms.
 
“Then what happened, mama?”
 
Miki looks at the eager teens for the ending of her story. They are captivated from the star but she knows not to ruin the mood by spoiling what happened next. Afterall, it is suppose to be Miyu's first slumber party. If she was telling a scary story, it is okay because it's a sleep over tradition, however, telling a sad tragedy is not. She shouldn't have stopped when she said the girl was her bestfriend, period.
 
“Actually, that was the last time I've heard of her. We kinda drift apart over these past years and we never spoken to each other since.” Miki looks up the ceiling and closes her eyes. “But I'm sure wherever she is, she's doing alright.”
 
Santa can't help but to smile out of all this. It seems that Hitomi had such a good friend and she will not be forgotten for a very long time.
 
 
“Wow, that was a little anti-climactic, don't you say?” says Aya
 
“Atleast they both achieved their dreams and promise to each other.” Akane replies
 
“Hey wait a minute, did your mother told us the girl's name?” Nanami asks
 
“Kinda think of it, all she keeps saying was she was her bestfriend.” Christine adds
 
 
Miyu turns her head to see her parents going up the stairs. “Mama, what was the name of your bestfriend?”
 
 
Miki smiles at her daughter and gestures her to turn the photograph around to see the back. Miyu turns the picture around and the teens gather up to see. And coincidentally, Miki and the teens say the name of the other girl simultaneously…
 
“Hitomi…”
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------
 
 
 
The time is almost eleven. Miyu's parents and Lu are already fast asleep. The gang downstairs is probably the only ones up at this late hour in the entire neighborhood. By maintaining their cool and volume, they haven't bothered a single sleeping soul as of yet.
 
“Alright. No Slumber Party will ever be complete without doing the traditional games.” says Aya
 
“That's right. We are going old school by playing Spin the Bottle.” says Nanami
 
“Hey wait up!” Akane interjects. “That's a little off, don't you think? I mean there are only five of us girls and two boys.”
 
“Besides what kinda punishment would be appropriate with such players?” Chris adds
 
“How about this. If the spinner happens to be a girl and the bottle stops at either me or Yaboshi-kun, then she is subjected to kiss us in mandatory.” Santa suggests. “Ofcourse this also applies when the spinner is either one of us.”
 
“But if the spinner is a girl and lands the bottle at a girl, the appointed one then shall be subjected to the game of Truth or Dare. This rule applies also if the spinner is a guy and lands the bottle to a guy. We will use the usual Truth or Dare rules.” Seiya says
 
“I don't know about that terms.” Miyu crosses her arms in front of her chest
 
“If all seven of us will play, the ratio is still five is to two.” Chris says. “This means that the chance of a girl kissing one of the guys is 40%. If one of the girls should sit this one out, ofcourse the probability will go up to 50%.”
 
“That only means that all girls should play to have a lesser chance to kiss one of these guys. It would be better if we wont let the two of them play. That way no one is the wiser.” Akane adds
 
“Hey you make it sound that it is such a bad thing. We like to play too.” Santa complains
 
“It's only a harmless kiss on the cheek, that's all.” says Seiya
 
“I hope you mean the cheeks of our faces.” Miyu giggles
 
“Alright, let's get it straight. We all agree on the terms the boys have just said earlier.” Nanami says
 
 
Kouzuki Miyu's Slumber Party Activity:
Spin the Bottle and Truth or Dare Combo Game Ground Rules
 
All seven players, the two boys and the five girls, will play the game. They will be seated in a circular formation with an empty bottle in the middle for spinning
 
If the Spinner and the Appointed are opposite genders, the spinner is subjected to kiss only the cheek of the FACE of the appointed.
 
If the Spinner and the Appointed are the same genders, the appointed is subjected to choose from the Spinner's Truth or Dare.
 
Under the terms of Truth or Dare, the response of the Appointed is mandatory. No matter how stupid the Spinner's question or the dare is, the Spinner's whim is still absolute.
 
The Truth question has to be answered by a Yes or No VERBAL response and the Dare task has to be something that is humanly possible.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------
 
 
The time is thirty-one minutes passed eleven in the evening. The gang has been playing for more than half an hour. Questions were asks and tasks were done, they all seem to have fun. So far, not a single peck on the cheek has even been planted yet.
 
Santa and Seiya have been looking at the wall clock every five minutes. Lights out strikes at midnight and they haven't accomplished their objectives yet. Both are getting a little impatient. Santa wants to kiss Akane all night but he can't find the right time to make his move. Seiya has the same plans for Miyu as well. The results of the game that they respectively praying for maybe a long shot, but the game will serve as the perfect alibi and chance.
 
One girl seems to be a little out with it and that is Miyu. Santa notices her odd behavior since she returned his phone earlier. It disappeared when Miki told her story but now it shows again. He remembers that he left her talk with Kanata. Perhaps, his bestfriend said something stupid again.
 
Within his twisted little mind, Santa is thinking of a way to make everything here more interesting.
 
It's Aya's turn again to spin the bottle. She takes a good grip and twirls the thing as fast as she could. Santa closes his eyes then puts his hand behind his back and begins twirling his fore finger. Akane sees what the person next to her is doing while she puts her drink on the coaster behind her. She thinks it's just one of his nonsense and ignores it.
 
The bottle stops spinning and it points to Seiya. The rest ofcourse cant keep their silence in a minimum as they repeatedly say “KISS, KISS, KISS”
 
Since they are abiding by the rules thus far, Aya has no choice but to oblige. Seiya seems to be cool with it and smiles kindly at Aya. She recognizes his gesture as a gentleman and begins to crawl forward to his direction. Blushingly, Aya is successful on placing a soft peck on Seiya's face. That wasn't so bad now, was it?
 
Now it is Seiya's turn. He grabs the bottle, makes a big wind up, and spins it fast, hoping that it stops to the girl of his affection. Again, Santa closes his eyes and twirls his finger. The bottle slows down and makes its final stop. Seiya couldn't be happier when the bottleneck points to Miyu.
 
“Oh great! You jinxed it and now it paid off.” Miyu shrugs
 
“Nope. I'm just lucky I guess.” Seiya retorts
 
Seiya stands up from his place and takes a few steps closer to Miyu then bents down on one knee for his prize. Miyu moves her head a little to the side and Seiya couldn't be any happier to oblige the gesture. He plants his kiss on her cheek. Since the two blondes have their eyes closed, they didn't noticed the rest taking out their camera to capture the moment.
 
The photo of Seiya kissing Miyu will fetch a very valuable price someday, that is if Miyu or Seiya doesn't find out about it. The others just can't help but giggle a bit.
 
“Next time it wont be on the cheek.” Seiya winks at her
 
“Keep on dreaming, buddy.” Miyu raises an eyebrow. So far Kanata is the only one who she allows to go that far.
 
Miyu takes hold of the bottle now and puts it on motion. Santa does his move again and now the bottleneck stops at Akane. Looks like it is either truth or dare for Akane.
 
“So Akane-chan, what will it be? Truth or dare?” Miyu asks
 
“I'll go with Dare. Action speaks louder than words, you know.” Akane answers
 
“That's pretty brave of you Akane-chan. Therefore, I dare you to kiss Santa but this time on the lips.”
 
The gang gives Miyu a soft applause for such a task. Santa is not making a big deal out of it though. He is rejoicing deep inside but he likes to know how Akane would react.
 
“On the lips? Right in front of you people?” Akane says. Santa observes every hint of hesitation from her.
 
“C'mon Akane-chan. It wont be the first time we see you doing it with Santa-kun.” says Nanami
 
“Nanami!”
 
“It's alright. Akane if you feel embarrassed about it, you can just pretend.” Santa gives a faint smile at the girl next to him.
 
The group waits for the moment as Santa closes his eyes. If Akane will have to pretend, she will just let her lip brush on his or Santa could just suddenly moves his head forwards for the whole thing.
 
Turns out, Akane does a very quick kiss on Santa. They didn't have the chance to capture a shot of it. They are not even sure if her lips touch his.
 
“Hey! What a jip!” says Aya
 
“I did the task. Miyu-chan didn't say that I should take my time.” Akane lets her tongue out at them. She then looks at Santa and he didn't show anything but another smile before taking a bite out of his favorite riceball that she made for him.
 
He said that he would save two of them so they could eat them together while they are watching the sunrise. This is some sort of sign of a rebellion on his part.
 
Ooops…
 
 
“Alright, who ever it is that is going to be pointed by the bottle will do all of the dishes alone after this game.” says Akane as she twirls the bottle around. Everyone could sense a little bad aura from her.
 
Akane then looks again at Santa and sees that he is twirling his finger again from behind. Now she is curious why he keeps doing it. She notices his stops his finger the same time the bottleneck stops in front of Nanami.
 
“On no! I'm going to wash ALL of the dishes alone?” Nanami repents
 
“No rest for the wicked, Nanami-chan.” Christine says
 
Nanami spins the bottle and soon enough it points to Christine. Akane notices that Santa's twirling finger stops simultaneously with the bottle. It seems that Santa somehow know where the bottle will land next.
 
“Ne, Chris-chan? What will it be?”
 
“I'll go for Truth. I'm a little tired to do any task anyway.”
 
“Just a simple question that I've been wanting to ask just for the benefit of those who will be affected in the future.”
 
“Nani?”
 
“If Saionji-sensei someday chooses a girl to be his love fair and square, even if that girl happens to be your friend, will you back down humbly?”
 
All stays quiet, especially Miyu. She wants to know if there is a possibility of Christine transforming into a one-man wrecking machine in the future once Kanata starts dating.
 
“I made a promise to Saionji-sensei on the past that I will to win his heart once I am not his student anymore. Even though he didn't promise anything back, he said that time will tell if it should happen.” says a melodramatic Christine. “I also added that I won't stand between him and his happiness because that's how much I feel for him. However, I will try my best to fight for his affection until the day he decides. So even if the girl he likes is one of my friends, then I will back down until he looks my way.”
 
“That was wonderful, Hanakomachi-san. If Saionji-sensei could hear you, perhaps he will reconsider.” Santa smiles sincerely at Christine as Akane heeds his words.
 
“That is very noble of you, Chris-san.” says Aya
 
“I'm sorry if I asked such an insensitive question, Chris-san.” Nanami bows her head down
 
“That's alright, minna-san.” Christine replies. “It's good to be honest and say our true feelings out loud. It helps to ease out the pain when you always try to keep it all inside.”
 
“Honest about our feelings…” Miyu murmurs
 
“Well enough of that. Thanks to that little speech, I'm a little boosted now. It's my turn to spin the bottle.” Christine takes the thing and gently spins it. Again, Santa makes his move again but now he stops his finger right away. The bottle only made three rotations before it stops and points to him.
 
“Too bad it stopped right in front of me, Hanakomachi-san.” Santa says to the pink haired girl. “I'm allowing you to back down if you don't want to.”
 
Christine smiles at him and shakes her head. If there is one thing about Christine is that she is naturally suspicious. When Akane pulled her stunt earlier, she noticed Santa's disappointment even though he did great job of hiding it. “It's okay Kurosu-kun. It's not fair that Yaboshi-kun is the only one that got a kiss from some of us.”
 
“That's mighty considerate of you, Hanakomachi-san. I didn't notice that I was beginning to look so pitiful.” Santa jokes
 
Akane feels like something is stabbing her from deep inside.
 
“I hope you don't mind.” says Christine to the girl besides Santa
 
Akane shoots her head up to respond. “Oh, sure please do.”
 
Christine, ever so lady like, places a kiss on Santa's cheek. This time, a girl's lips made contact. “Thank you. I feel honored.” Santa smiles at her
 
 
Now Akane is getting a little frustrated. Santa's passive aggressiveness is getting to her. Is he upset about not kissing him? If that is the case then he is being immature about it… or isn't
 
Santa finished eating his rice ball. As Santa takes the bottle with his free hand, his right hand didn't moved from his behind. “It's nearly lights out you guys. Let's end it after my victim's turn to spin this bottle for the last time.”
 
She thinks that it's a bit strange that everytime he stops twirling his finger the bottle stops spinning as well. She noticed he started doing it when it was Aya's turn then it lands on Seiya. Consecutively speaking, it was from Aya, Seiya, Miyu, herself, Nanami, Christine, and up til now himself.
 
She looks at the circular formation they were in and notes the position of each person seated. Starting from Aya to the left, Seiya, Miyu, herself, Santa, Nanami and Christine.
 
When she spun the bottle, he must have wanted to make the bottle point to him so that she could kiss him.
 
 
But he knows now that she won't do any of it in front of them so he made Nanami the next one to be pointed then Christine was next so that she could give it to him.
 
Now Santa is doing his move again. Is he planning on kissing her then? Will the bottle stop in front of her? She knows she is being ridiculous for thinking that Santa is somehow manipulating the bottle but she can't take any chances. What is he thinking?
 
Akane suddenly grabs Santa's finger from behind. Santa is astonished that Akane finally realizes it and makes her move now but it's too late. The bottle's next victim is already decided when he spun it.
 
Everybody is thinking that maybe Santa will be blessed with some luck so that the bottleneck points to Akane.
 
However, the bottle stops in front of the girl from Akane's right side.
 
“Watashini?” says Miyu. Akane and the others didn't believe it. Akane couldn't do anything now but to let go of his hand.
 
Santa nods his head to Seiya and Seiya just winks at him to signal him that it's all right. “Excuse me, Kouzuki-san.” Santa says courteously. Miyu couldn't help but to acknowledge shyly to his gentle manner.
 
Miyu waits for Santa's lip to make contact but it didn't, however, his face is just right next to hers. From the other's angle, it seems that Santa is kissing Miyu's cheek. But before he could retract, he murmurs something to Miyu that only she could hear. “Let's talk later when everyone is asleep. Don't forget Seiya has to tell us something.”
 
Miyu was perplexed about what happened. She sees Santa winks at her and somehow she kinda gets the message now.
 
“Well, since Kouzuki-san is victim, let's call it a night when she's done with the last victim.” Santa suggests.
 
“I saw that.” Akane murmurs when he goes back into position. “Were you that upset about me that you didn't let the bottle point at me? You know that I don't respond well to passive-aggressiveness.”
 
“Don't worry. It's all in good faith.” Santa responds to her and makes his final finger twists, this time landing the bottle at Seiya
 
 
“Look what fate drove us into Miyu. It seems that you're going to return the favor.” Seiya cheers
 
“C'mon Miyu-chan just get it over with. Almost all of us are out for the count already.” Aya yawns
 
“I'll just lie down here and watch if you don't mind.” Christine lets her body fall down on the futon
 
“Maybe I should get started on those dishes.” Nanami says as she dusts herself up
 
“Before I even kiss you Seiya, please tell us first what happened between the two us two years ago. You know, just for conversation sake.” Miyu wagers
 
“Wow look at that suddenly I'm not sleepy anymore.” says Aya
 
“Would you look at that, I feel like sitting up again.” says Christine
 
“Those dishes can still wait for a few more minutes.” says Nanami
 
“But I was planning to talk to you privately later. I don't have to tell it to everybody right now.”
 
“No story no kiss. The Spinner's whim is absolute.”
 
“I will tell the tale only if you will kiss me on the lips. How's that sound?”
 
“It sounds that you are pushing your luck. But the kiss itself depends on the validity of your story. You have to tell the truth.”
 
“Hai, hai. Maybe it's best for you guys to know the story from me to understand our situation. Besides, lying to all of you will only jeopardize my chance with Miyu. I'll lay everything gently though. I don't want Miyu to cry or something.”
 
 
The gang gathers around for the last story telling for the evening. The storyteller, Yaboshi Seiya, tells the story of the Kouzuki Miyu Screw Job.
 
 
“My story dates back two years ago at out old junior high school that we both attended. I was a part of a group of jocks that was known for scamming school girls, dating them, making them fall in love with us then break their hearts the day after. We were called the Shibuya-Four consisted of me, and others named Shino, Minoru and Kamui.”
 
“You're in the right track, Seiya.” Miyu says
 
“That was so mean!” Christine says while Seiya keeps his head down
 
“Each of us took turns on finding the next girl and we tell them the day y day progress until the very day of the break up. It was a horrible thing to do but back then I felt that it was fun. Well atleast at first I thought it was. If for wasn't for the peer pressure, I would have gone out but I didn't got the guts to. I never realize how much it blinded me until it was my turn again to find the next girl and unfortunately, Miyu was targeted by my so-called friends.”
 
 
:::::::::::::::::::::::::
(Start Flashback) - Shibuya Junior High, 2 years ago, hallway
 
“Awesome work Shino-kun. You really know how to be a good player.”
 
“Thank you Kamui-san. I learned from you, the best one here.”
 
“Second base is not so bad considering that girl's age.”
 
“I was nice enough to let her go that easy. It will be troublesome if I go for third, Minoru-kun.”
 
“So whose turn is it now, Minoru?”
 
“It is Seiya's turn now, Kamui-san.”
 
“Seiya-kun, what's wrong? You've been awfully quiet lately.”
 
“Oh nothing, Kamui-san. I was just thinking that's all.”
 
“Seiya, you do realize that you haven't even gotten close to first base with a girl. Even though the way you work interests me, our reputation is still at stake here.”
 
“Hai, Kamui-san. Gommen.”
 
Seiya Narrating: I was having thoughts about how wrong we were at what we were doing that time. The girl that Shino broke up to was a girl from my class. She and her friends were not very happy indeed. I'm telling you getting female classmates to talk to me were really a drag so mostly I hang with the rest of the guys.
 
(End Flashback)
:::::::::::::::::::::::
 
 
 
“You see, Kamui was the one who decides who the next target was. Ofcourse, most of the time we were free to choose whomever we want just as long as the girl falls in our high standards. Sometimes we target `nerdy' girls just for laughs. In my case, they make me go after those girls who were new.”
 
“So that's when Miyu came into the picture?” asks Aya
 
“Correct. Kamui got word that there was a new girl who just transferred to our school. According to the description, and I'm not making this up, the girl was A Pretty Longhaired Blonde. Those four words were enough for qualification. Then comes lunch hour…”
 
 
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
(Start Flashback) - Shibuya High School, Lunch Time, Cafeteria
 
Seiya Narrating: Then we were at our usual table. When there's no girl to flirt with, we all four sit together. If there was, the guy will do his magic and spend lunchtime with the girl somewhere else.
 
“Wow, get a look of that one Shino-kun. She's hot!”
 
“Kamui-san was already done with her, remember Minoru-kun?”
 
“Oh yeah! I didn't recognize her with the new hair.”
 
“She must have changed her image. I don't blame her though.”
 
 
Seiya Narrating: Now the usual person will use the lunch period to eat lunch. But for people like us back then, we wouldn't allow ourselves to be caught dead eating lunch inside the cafeteria. We use that time to scout for girls. Atleast, that was they're doing. My eyes were stuck at a pretty longhaired blonde with a lunch tray in hand, looking for an empty spot to eat her lunch.
 
 
“Seiya-kun, remember what I told you about earlier?”
 
“H-hai, Kamui-san.”
 
“Well I got an idea on how you can prove yourself to the group.”
 
“H-hai, Kamui-san.”
 
“There's a new girl transferred here at our school and she is a pretty longhaired blonde so I want you to…” the guy stops talking when he notices that Seiya is not paying attention
 
“H-hai Kamui-san.”
 
“Who are you looking at?” the guy follows Seiya's glance and sees the girl that he's talking about
 
“A pretty longhaired blonde.”
 
“SEIYA!” the guy growls at Seiya's ear while Shino and Minoru stops their girl-gazing for a second to know what's going on.
 
“H-HAI Kamui-san!”
 
“It seems that you already found your prey. It did save me the trouble of skirmishing you, I'm afraid.”
 
“What prey?” Seiya asks his senpai. Then the guy uses his straw to pin point the one who Seiya's keep staring at minutes ago. “You don't mean her?”
 
“Why what's the matter, Seiya-kun?”
 
“I kinda find her innocent and she seems nice…”
 
“Oh good! You like her already. She does fall right in your alley, sport.”
 
“But Kamui-san!”
 
“Be a gentleman, will you Seiya? The girl is having a hard time looking for a table.”
 
“But there's no free tables left.”
 
Kamui snaps his fingers and stands up from his seat. Shino and Minoru get the idea already, leave their seat, and follow Kamui stepping away from the table. “There is now. Now go get her, tiger!”
 
“I kinda wish that it was turn. She looks ravishingly divine, don't you say? You have such a nice taste though I want to know how she taste like.” Minoru pats Seiya's shoulder
 
“Don't listen to that pervert, Seiya-san. Just get the job done so that Kamui-san won't get medieval on your you know what.” Shino says to Seiya's ear before finally they were gone.
 
 
(End Flashback)
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
“And soon enough I got Miyu's attention to sit at our table and that was the started of a brand new friendship, or so does speak.”
 
“He was practically the first one who WAS kind enough to talk to me and the first one who WAS nice enough to offer me a whole table to park myself.” Miyu speaks in a sarcastic like manner
 
“So Miyu has no idea what she's getting herself into. It must have been so easy for you to use your pick up lines to lure her in.” Nanami retorts
 
“Miyu back then was naïve but that was only because she was new and she still hasn't found her way in with the crowd. But I didn't use any pick up lines to lure her-in. My method was not like the other three. Each of us had style and people find mine the least hated.”
 
 
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
(Start Flashback)
 
Seiya Narrating: I promised Miyu to be her guide everytime that she is free, touring her the entire the school grounds and introducing her to some important people. But I didn't do it just for the task but I also wanted her to feel comfortable. I wanted to get to know her better because I really thought she was special. She even has the initiative to talk about herself before I could even ask her.
 
 
“You're mom is an astronaut? That is so cool! Does she rides those rockets and shuttles and floats when there is zero gravity and goes around across space and all of that jazz?”
 
“Uh-huh. My mom goes in the missions while my dad is in mission control.” Miyu says shyly
 
“That is so cool! I have such great interest in space and stuff!”
 
“C'mon you're just saying that.”
 
“No really! I mean I watched this show about the Americans staging the moon landing up. You're a daughter of both NASA individuals. Did those astronauts in 1969 land on the moon?”
 
“Gee, I'm not really authorized to tell you specific details but according to history, they did landed on the moon. There were pictures.”
 
“Yeah but the show I watched says otherwise. It's really cool that you have such cool parents. Maybe I can go visit and ask them about that.”
 
“I don't think that's possible, Yaboshi-kun.”
 
“Wh-why? Am I going too fast? Is it too sudden for me to go to your place? I'm sorry I'm just so excited and…”
 
“No, that's not really it. My parents are not with me right now. There won't be for quite some time. Actually they haven't been around very much.”
 
“What's wrong?”
 
“You see when I was growing up, I hardly get to see them together. They were so caught up with their jobs that they seldom have the time to spend with me.”
 
“Oh I'm sorry to hear that. That must have been awful for you.”
 
“That's okay. They do mean well and they do their best to make it up to me every now and then but I sometimes wish that we could all just stay put on a place so we could live like a real family for a change.”
 
“I kinda understand what you mean. Mine is not the perfect family either. I live with our dad here while my sister lives with our mom abroad. We get to see each other every now and then especially during the holidays but of course I wanted that feeling of togetherness.”
 
“So we're not really that much different from each other, Yaboshi-kun.”
 
“Please, just call me Seiya. That sounds cooler than my last name.”
 
“Then you can call me Miyu. It comes from both of my parents names.”
“You don't say? Well it sounds pretty that rightfully suits a pretty girl.”
 
“Well I can wish I can say the same to you, Seiya. It sounds like a name of a saint or something.”
 
“Hey don't bogart the cool name.”
 
 
(End Flashback)
:::::::::::::::::::
 
 
“And that was how Miyu and I got close. We were the same birds of a feather that flock together. I found her very amusing and fun to be with. Every single day that I was with her was a blast. We study together, we did other stuff together, and pretty much everything except we weren't really dating at that time.”
 
“So things were going nicely for the both of you. So how come you two aren't dating each other now if you didn't back then?”
 
“We didn't because we couldn't. We were spending the whole semester together so much that my friends were starting to get suspicious why I haven't gotten through Miyu yet.”
 
“Wouldn't been easier to just talked to them peacefully and tell them the truth?” Miyu finally asks him
 
“I wish that telling them straight that I'm not going to ruin what I have with you just for the sake of their amusement was easy but it wasn't as easy as it looked back then. Whenever I'm with them I always say that I'm still working on it. However, as time goes by, they got anxious and I started to ignore them as much as I could.”
 
“So that's the reason you drag me everytime you see me.”
 
“Correct. I didn't want them to get a hold of you first. I just needed the right time to tell you everything myself.”
 
“That was mighty noble of you, Yaboshi-san.” Santa says
 
“So what happened? We are certain now that you have grown to like Miyu-san more than you could have expected. What changed all that?” Nanami asks
 
Seiya takes a big sigh. “The day came for me to spill the beans about everything about my connection with three twisted friends. I was hoping that I could somehow make it easier for her to handle so that telling her my feelings won't be awkward. However, I was still a little hesitant that Miyu beat me right to the punch.”
 
 
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::;
(Start Flashback)
 
 
The cherry blossoms scatter its pinkish benevolence up to the bluish sky and through out the greenery of the plain, where two souls are enjoying the beautiful sight as the wind calms them along with the petals.
 
 
“I have something to tell you Seiya.” said a female voice.
 
“Isn't wonderful to watch?” said the other.
 
“You're not listening to me again.” said the girl pouting.
 
“Oh I'm sorry. I was so captivated by the cherry blossoms that's all.” said Seiya apologetically.
 
“It seems you're more interested on the cherry blossoms than me.”
 
“No don't say that. I like it because you're with me. However compared to you, it's nothing because nothing else compels me when I'm not with you.” Seiya smiles. To top it all off, he removes his blue cap from his blonde head and places it comfortably on hers, which she cheerfully accepts.
 
“You sure know how to sweet talk a girl, don't you?”
 
“Not really. No. So what is it that you're going to say?”
 
“Well we may not have known each other for a long time but…”
 
“But…?”
 
“But I cant I cant help to feel that there's a connection between us, you know?”
 
“No doubt about that.”
 
“And you were the sweetest and nicest person that befriended me since I got here. You were very persistent about it, too. I tried to push anybody away from me because I don't want to gain another person close to me just so I can loose it in the long run. Eventually we started to talk with each other, and we talk a lot and I told you almost everything in my life.”
 
“What are you trying…”
 
“Let me finish. What I'm trying to say is that… I think I'm falling for you Seiya.”
 
“Was that all you have got to say?”
 
“What was that suppose to mean? I was pouring my heart out here, you idiot!”
 
“No, no! That's not it. You almost scared me back there with that kind of mood going on. I am relieved though. Seriously.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Because I feel the same way about you. For quite a while now actually. No! From the very moment that I laid my eyes on you. Seriously.”
 
“Shut up!” said the blushing girl as she taps the boy's shoulder.
 
“You shut up.” The boys grin with glee as he returned the favor by tackling her down to the green lawn under the very same cherry blossoms tree that the are seeking shelter from the bright rays of the spring sunshine.
 
And at that time, their eyes lock with each other, nothing like before. Each containing the same passion but with contrasting amount in which one pair is like trying to prove that it has more emotion in it than the other.
 
Both of them are flushing red as their hearts pump in rapid succession, rushing more blood up to their faces, all because of their proximity and confession of their feelings. Nature tries to push the envelope of love further by throwing another gale upon the land just for their cooling comfort on their heated moment. However the real reason is that so the gust could blow the darn hat to the soft grass from the female's head because it serves as a hindrance for what is about to happen.
 
Their faces gently and slowly creep towards each other. Hesitance plays it's part as both minds are asking the questions “should we do this now?” and “are we ready?”.
 
But hesitance is not enough reason for them to stop them.
 
No chance in hell.
 
“Seiya.” Whispers the girl to the face that is hovering over hers.
 
“Miyu…”
 
 
(End Flashback)
::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
 
 
“Aw! You were Miyu's first kiss?!” says Akane, Nanami, Aya and Christine consecutively. “This is big news, if I do say so myself. Big news indeed Saionji-sensei.” Seiya mumbles to himself ever so smirking. Miyu on the other hand is hugging her knees being quiet.
 
“I wish it was but apparently, I'm afraid that was not the case. Even though she caught me off guard with her confession, I couldn't get the nerve then to tell her. Basically it made me feel spineless, guilty, and amoral. Besides, Kamui and the guys were standing a few feet away from us, watching what were doing and laughing. And I'm not talking about funny laughing, here.”
 
 
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
(Start Flashback)
 
 
Seiya Narrating: I excused myself from Miyu for a few minutes to talk to them cause truthfully I didn't like the glow in their eyes, even though Shino had his shades on. I was pretty sure that I got the feeling I'm not part of the group anymore but nevertheless, I have to do some possible damage control.
 
 
“We don't have to do this, Kamui-san.” Seiya pleads
 
“What ever possibly could you mean, my dear friend?”
 
“Please! I'm never felt anything like this for any girl before. Minoru-san, Shino-san, you do understand right?”
 
“It shouldn't have taken you so long to get her to fall for you, Seiya.”
 
“Minoru-kun is right. Don't tell us that you're really harbor feelings for the girl there.”
 
“I'm telling you the truth, I do have strong feelings for her. If you were really my friends, you'd be happy for me. Atleast respect my decision not to be apart of anything to ruin what we have now.”
 
“This all began when you were thinking way too much on what we do. And now you found the girl that finally helped you to make up your mind to turn your back against us. Almost a semester has passed and you haven't even introduced us to your little girlfriend there.”
 
“I'm sorry if you feel that way, Kamui-san. I appreciate all of you three but I couldn't appreciate our deeds… not anymore. I will tell her everything when I find the right time. Let me handle it please and I promise we will all get along.”
 
“I'm sorry Seiya, I believe Shino, Minoru and myself can't let this slide. We are getting really impatient so we will do the usual teasing and bashing ourselves. With or without you.”
 
(End Flashback)
::::::::::::::::::::
 
 
“I was able to hold them off for another twenty hours. They didn't leave me any other options. It's either I do what I was set to do or they will finish the job that I never really intended to start to begin with. When I came back to face Miyu, she still had her beautiful face full of hope and affection. I was at a deep pinch.”
 
“So what did you then?” Aya asks
 
“That night I was able to reflect about everything that has happened to Miyu and myself for the last semester. Miyu called me at home just so that we could talk. I wished that she hadn't called me so it won't be so hard for me to decide. Nevertheless, I just let her do all the talking just so I could hear her voice.”
 
Seiya takes a short pause as the gang draws closer to his tale. Seconds later, they see his eyes starting to water. Miyu is about to stop him from telling more but Seiya only waves her off, signing her that he will continue.
 
“Miyu and I, there were times that we laughed a lot and there were times that we also cried. The connection that I felt between us then was my sacred treasure because we were not so different from each other. Kamui was a pirate that will get to my treasure and consume it to the very core. Since I was left without a choice, I just have to make one myself. I had to hid my treasure and I had to bury it deep, even if I should risk Miyu forgetting that it ever existed.”
 
Now Seiya's tears are now dropping from his eyes but he is not crying. The tears just keep on flowing as his stoic face manages every bit of control over his emotion not to explode in front of them. “Seiya you could stop now if you want to.” says Miyu who is beginning to weep
 
“Either way I also knew that she would find out the truth. Of course, I couldn't predict how she would take it from me or from them. If I let them get to Miyu first I can assure they will do it with the utmost cruelty. She will hate them and she will hate me. I will not only loose the trust of the girl that I admire but also the companions that I felt like brothers.”
 
“Then in the end you decided to take the fall.” Nanami dares to speak
 
“In the end I took the cowards way out. I would forget about everything she and I shared to be the one who would deal the final strike. I would rather be the one to deal the appropriate damage just so I could protect Miyu from greater ruination. Miyu will hate me and only me, not another single soul. And the rest is history.”
 
And with the last ounce of control, Seiya finally releases his brewing tension. As a sign of good will, Miyu stands up and comes close to him. “Miyu will hate me and only me, not another single soul.” Seiya repeats a verse from his story. “I had to be cruel to be kind. I made a very convincing act and made it look like I really toyed with her affection by hitting on another girl right in front of her. I called her names, insulted every inch of her and laughed at her when she's down on the gutter.”
 
“Mou, daijobu.” Miyu says ever so gently as she wipes his tears. She doesn't know that her sympathy would trigger a worse outcome. Seiya bows down for forgiveness as his tears make a few spots on the futon's fabric. “It was too late when I realized that I have become the very thing that I was avoiding. What I did was no different from what they wanted after all.”
 
“Seiya!”
 
“I'm sorry that I *sniff* I was powerless to defend you. And I am so *sniff* sorry that I made you look like a fool. I was afraid to be left alone by the others that I became selfish not to think that... *sniff* I promised to help you escape from your own loneliness. *sniff* Because I also owed them a lot that I could only do so little to protect them from doing the biggest mistake *sniff* of their lives, yet I've done so much to ruin yours. I knew I made the right decision but *sniff* I also knew that it wasn't the wisest. I never realized how it will come back to haunt me until I saw you once again and I…”
 
Before Seiya can finish his riveting speech, Miyu awards him his well earned kiss, just a simple press on his lips, enough for a gesture of appreciation for courage and sincerity.
 
Akane lets herself to cry to say the least while Nanami is about to take a photo but Aya and Christine just hold her camera down and shake their head.
 
Miyu pulls back and sees Seiya's confused but still watery eyes. “I know that It's not exactly the first base but please accept it as a token of my gratitude for being this honest not only to me but to your new friends.”
 
“Mi-Miyu…”
 
Miyu pulls him for a generous hug and he buries his face on a lock of her hair as he hugs her back. Pretty soon they all have their hands on his back and his shoulders.
 
“To my new friends… *sniff*
 
--------------------------------
 
 
 
It's already past one in the morning. The rain has lost its momentum than the preceding hours, however, it has not yet stop. The cool air that is being generated by the rain and the early morning mist keeps everyone sleeping in the den in their peaceful slumber. Even Nanami who finished her task made the kitchen spotless before she could hit the sack. Everyone except one person is under the warm comfort of the blankets. Santa finds himself a nice spot on the veranda, only a few steps away from the sleeping people in the den. He watches the raindrops trickling down Miyu's roof and listening for the pitter-patter sound it's making.
 
“That was a quite a story Yaboshi-kun, ahem, Seiya-san told us back there. You could have dared him to just tell you the truth privately, you know.” Santa looks on forward as he speaks to the figure that is about to join him.
 
Miyu sees Santa sitting on the veranda's ledge with his left feet stretched on and the other leg arched. His back is resting on the sturdy support post. “You better atleast suit up properly if your staying out for the cold like this.” She takes a seat on the same ledge resting her back to the opposite support post and wraps her blanket on her body. “That's okay. I've been wanting for you guys to know his story. I want him to have the benefit of the doubt. And may I remind you that it was your idea to start with.”
 
“Do Nanami and Aya still don't trust the guy?”
 
“Aya has always been stale towards Seiya but I want Nanami to be a believer as much as I am.”
 
“After listening and watching that little scene, the question is do YOU believe him. It's easy for him to lie and make the entire story up.”
 
“Do you think that he was lying to all of us, then?”
 
“No. I don't feel like he was. Since we know now that he was truthful, are you still intending to keep your promise of serving payback? Although you suffered with an emotional scar, he has been suffering up to this time because his guilt is eating him up inside.”
 
“I know I should but I think I'd be doing it to the wrong guy. I don't know anymore.”
 
“When HE told me about that, at first I can't believe that you could threaten someone like that, much less capable of dishing it out. But I know what happened, it did kinda makes sense.”
 
Kanata once told her that Santa isn't exactly like every student in the campus. He is actually as old as Kanata on a verge of being with Akane as much as possible. Kanata also told her that Santa, Akira and himself go way, way back. Santa appears to be Kanata's closest friend and ofcourse he knows things that are happening in and out of the teacher.
 
“Saionji told you, huh. So he really was stalking me that night. By the way, why did you remind me that Seiya has something to tell?”
 
“To tell you the truth, I'm getting a little curious myself why he is so getting caught up with a male student. And then Seiya told us that he had a fight with him just because Sujimoto-san brainwashed him on thinking that the teacher was taking advantage of you.”
 
“I am so unlucky to be have two boneheads duke it out. I can't believe THAT guy. He sent you here just so he could keep an eye on me?”
 
“Not exactly. I went on my own. If Seiya was going to spill, that was for me to know and the coach to find out.”
 
“You mean he has nothing to do with you being here?”
 
 
Santa is really glad that he decided to come here. He didn't expect to hear the stories that he has heard. Then Kanata and Akira also came to the mix. Everything seems so good right now that he still wants to stir it up more to get things even more interesting.
 
“The truth of the matter is, he only wants me to warn him if Akira shows her pretty little head here on your party.”
 
“Akira-san? Doushite?”
 
“I heard that she's planning to crash here just for fun. However, he persuaded her not to go because he was really worried that something might happen to her getting here with all of this rain going on. I'm sorry to tell you but his real intention is not all about what you think.”
 
“I see. He was only worried her…”
 
 
Santa knows he is pushing the envelope here. Miyu has gotten a real emotional roller coaster ride. The guy who she least thought of protecting her turns out to be one who worries about her from the start AND the guy she really thought of protecting her turns out to the one be who worries about someone else.
 
He sees Miyu's disappointment etched on her face. This kind of sadness is different from the time she was done talking to Kanata on the phone and from the time Seiya cried in front of her. He doesn't mean to kick around the bush. Kanata will not tell him anything intimate between himself and his student so he must continue on with his own investigation of things.
 
“What's the matter? You've been acting a bit strange since you talked to HIM earlier. Did he say anything to you that he shouldn't have?”
 
“Actually, I think it's something he didn't said that he SHOULD have.”
 
“Oh? Whatever do you mean? He didn't told you about Akira?”
 
“He did told me about her, but it was only about them talking even before you could have the chance. He didn't mention anything to me about her coming here. It's not like something he would forget since they talked for over sixty minutes.”
 
Santa can sense a little bad aura from Miyu. He kinda likes what she is emitting right now since it somehow keeps him warm. But he still needs more firewood. “It's not a surprise to me. He always acts selfishly when it comes to her. Kanata aint really that fond with girls back then. Even though there legions of fangirls were out to get him, Akira was the only girl I know that he'll respond to and their chitchat could go beyond than a mere hour.”
 
 
“I got a feeling that he's like that. He only talked to me on your phone for about twenty minutes. It's not even half as much as Akira would normally get.”
 
“I'm sensing that you're feeling a little jealous.”
 
“Don't be absurd. Why should I be jealous? A teacher's love life doesn't concern me.”
 
“Who even told you that it was about his love life?”
 
“NO I mean to say…”
 
 
It is dark outside but the small glow of the veranda's light can still illuminate Miyu's shade of red. The fire is producing some heat. All Santa needs is some fanning to make it bigger.
 
 
“You're feeling a bit threatened then. You should follow Hanakomachi-san's advice and just be honest. It is just the two of us here.”
 
“I'm not threatened, Santa. Besides, I already know that I don't stand a chance with someone like her.”
 
“Then you admit that you and Kanata are…”
 
“No, not really. He's a teacher and I'm a student. It just so happens that we are good friends.”
 
“Kouzuki-san, you and me, we're good friends. But I don't see you spending wild nights with me on my turf. There is something else, isn't there?”
 
Miyu shifts her legs so that she can hug her knees. Her sleepiness is starting to slip away now that she is getting riled up with more stress.
 
“Well… maybe there was. Now that I thought about it, I said to him that I wouldn't allow unnecessary contact between us. Yet now I am worrying that Akira-san gets more phone-time with him than I do. I feel so stupid!”
 
“Kouzuki-san, do you still compare yourself to Akira?”
 
“At first I didn't even bother because I thought there was nothing around that would remind him of her. Then he sees her again and they had previous arrangements together. When we talked earlier, he sounded quite happy and all because he was able to talk to her again. I never heard him so glad before.”
 
“And it upsets you because he shows a different façade whenever she is around.”
 
“I don't know! Maybe I'm used to him worrying about me all the time, even if I am sad or in trouble. He said that I should call him if Seiya tries something funny. But now he forgets that Seiya is even here at my sleepover just because Akira was having trouble finding some place to spend the night!”
 
 
Miyu looks like she's about to cry by the sound of her trembling voice. It's the frustration building up and not the cold he is hearing. Her hands are curled up making two small fists. Looks like Santa made the fire a little too big. He needs to go to the next step while Miyu is starting to get sniveling like Seiya did inside.
 
 
“He wasn't even worried to ask if Seiya did anything bad to me *sniff* yet all Seiya did was pour his heart out.
 
“That's enough Kouzuki-san. Calm down. You're wishing for a teacher to be overly concerned about your private life. For someone who is not jealous of a teacher thinking of somebody else than you, you sure are taking this thing obviously the opposite way.”
 
“I just don't understand him. I thought I helped him. I thought he was over her already. Santa-kun, you're his right hand man. You could tell me?
 
Santa stretched his arms and legs and then gets out from his spot. He stands up and leans forward on the ledge instead next to Miyu. Kanata is involving himself with Akira and Miyu while Miyu is getting caught in the middle between Kanata and Seiya. Things are really getting interesting.
 
 
“The answer is simple, Kouzuki-san. For someone like Kanata, Akira was the right girl who was at the right place, at the right time.”
 
“Was she really all that?”
 
“Oh yeah. She was the best. She's the prettiest and one of the most down to earth people that you'll ever see. She's also the heir to her family's successful business. Back on our school days, the Populars wanted her to hang out with them as a member of the dominant social group in the entire campus. But of course, she declined humbly everytime they asked.”
 
“She seems really wonderful as I thought she is. Atleast they didn't threatened or made her join the popular people. A girl like her could be a great asset for building up reputations.”
 
“Oh no, the dominant social group is as vicious as they are right now. They did threaten her ofcourse. They also did some really sick shit.”
 
“Oh no! What happened?”
 
“Nothing. She stood her ground proudly, just felt sorry for them, and didn't hold any grudges. Kanata and myself did most of the dirty work, but I guess Kanata was the one who keeps on doing radical things to protect her even if Akira doesn't agree with his methods. Radical things like what he did to Yaboshi sometime ago.”
 
“So he acted out without thinking. Sounds like him all right. That idiot!”
 
“Ah, you should be honored by that idiot's actions. As far as I'm concerned, you are the second girl that idiot has ever fought for… well figuratively speaking ofcourse cause you're his student but still. You get the point.”
 
“Gee. I never realized he could be responsible for doing something irresponsible. He is such a guy.”
 
 
Santa notices that Miyu is looking a little better now. She IS smiling. That could be good, right?
 
 
“Ne, Santa, I want to know… how did Akira do it? I mean, how did she change that egotistical selfish idiot? You did mention that she was the right girl, at the right place at the right time.”
 
“Well… you got to remember one thing Kouzuki-san. A single moment in a person's life could change that person's life forever. In Kanata's case, he was an introvert and timid before becoming such an egotistical selfish idiot.”
 
 
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
(Start Flashback) - A certain playground in a certain park, 15 years ago
 
Santa narrating: Kanata was only six years old that time. I remember he has sitting at the low end of the slide. He was just sitting there with one flexed leg to tie his shoes. At first, I didn't know why he chose that spot to be at when I saw him. And then out of nowhere, a girl, who was the same age as we were, climbed the stairs of that slide then came in swooping down with an unknowing Kanata desperately taking his time tying his shoes. I tried yelling at him to get out but he didn't hear me so I ran towards him instead. Eventually, that was the fateful day that Kanata and Akira were set in for a collision course. I'll include myself but I wasn't part of that collision course.
 
 
“Are you two okay?” Santa asks the boy and the girl. The boy is laying face up and the girl is laying face down on top of him. Both of the kids are feeling dazed due to the impact.
 
The boy underneath is staring to come to. “Itte! I'm okay.”
 
“I'm okay, too.” The girl then notices the one who is under her looking at her face.
 
Their face turns crimson as both didn't even try to move an inch. Santa just stares at them and waits for them to do something. “Hey, you two shouldn't be lying there on the ground like that.”
“Hey, you're kinda heavy.” The boy is the first one to say something.
 
The girl pouts at him and snaps a finger at his forehead while still straddling him. “Baka!”
 
 
Santa Narrating: We all had a few laughs before I even let myself help them get vertical. After they patted themselves clean, we three went to some place away from the slide to talk.
 
“You should have think twice if you're going to sit on the low end of the slide with a bunch of kids playing all around here.” Santa snickers
 
The boy keeps looking down feeling a bit shy to talk to the two strangers.
 
Santa and the girl both bow their heads to see his face. “You just went to the nearest place that you could tie your shoe. Maybe you should have just bent down and do it there as you stood.” The girl says
 
The boy still didn't say anything but he does blush when the girl's face is leering too near. “My mama says that kids like us shouldn't talk to people we don't know.” Santa says
 
“That's what my papa says to me too. Maybe you will talk if you get to know us, ne?” says the girl.
 
Santa jumps out of the bench and points at his chest. “Souyo! Anone, bokuwa Santa!”
 
“Watashimo Akira-des.” The girl happily introduces herself.
 
“Dareda, namae?” Akira and Santa ask the timid boy
 
“K-Ka-Kana… Kanata-des.”
 
 
(End Flashback)
::::::::::::::::::::
 
 
“Ehhh? He was that shy? He's a lot different now from what he used to.”
 
“Hai. He was the bashful and the most passive out of the three us. But even so, we three became the best of friends… well atleast his closest friends that he would ever have.”
 
“It's really hard to understand why he can go on being alone though I've always thought there has always a reason why.”
 
 
Santa can sense another presence in the veranda. Miyu seems to catch the attention that the other presence is giving out as she looks at the door. It was Akane on her evening garments with her baby green blanket draped around her shoulders to cover most of her shivering body.
 
“Are you that upset with me that you planned this secret rendezvous with Miyu-chan?” says a half-asleep Akane seeing Miyu and Santa being close to each other.
 
“Akane-chan, this is not what you think!” Miyu is about to get up from the ledge when Santa waves his hand in front of her to stop her from getting up.
 
 
----------------------------------------------
 
 
“Mou! She was just sleep walking?!” Miyu complains as she settles the baby green blanket on Santa and Akane.
 
“Hai. Gomen.” Says Santa who is now holding the sleeping girl on his arms.
He now sits on the veranda floor and leaning on the wall for support so that Akane would look comfortable sleeping on Santa. “Usually she is a hard sleeper but she did mention that she sleep walks occasionally.”
 
“You really do know a lot about Akane-chan, don't you?”
 
“Well not really. Let's continue. I reckon you won't sleep easy tonight if I leave you hanging like that.” Seiya pats the empty spot next to him signaling for Miyu to sit next to him. She eventually obliges to it.
 
“Was Kanata that popular with the school girls back then?”
 
“Absolutely. We three went to all the way until the time Akira decided to leave. He started to grow from shy and timid to being unsocial and cold. But through out that time he would get a lot of attention from the girls just because of those reasons. They said he looked cool but they also notice that he's so hard to approach and get close to him. The only ones they see as his friends at that time were Akira and myself.”
 
“Soudeska. I remember him saying that he is also not that materialistic. But with such a fanbase I would be expecting that he has lots of gifts that he accumulated up until now.”
 
“True he is not that materialistic and it is NOT true that he accumulated lots of gifts from all of the girls that liked him because he doesn't even accept presents from girls.”
 
“AH! Hidoi!”
 
“But you know, being his friend, sometimes there are girls who would give me the gifts so I can give them to him. But ofcourse, he will eventually let me have them for myself. In the end of the day, we would go to Kanata's house and he'll keep whatever Akira gives him.”
 
“So he acts different towards the other girls but no guy can resist looking at girls wearing gym uniforms.”
 
“Speaking for my own kind, it really disappoints me that Kanata wouldn't even appreciate the beauty that is the school girl wearing the gym uniform. He acts so self-righteous that he would rather avert his attention to something else than drooling over like the rest of us. There's this one time when Akira tried the new gym uniform and asked him how it looks on her but he got miffed saying that he doesn't want her wearing something so revealing because she looks too good in them. He'd rather not look at her.”
 
“Geez! It's obvious that he is not blind but how gay was he back then.”
“Actually there was that rumor too. He doesn't accept presents from girls, he doesn't read all of the letters he gets from them, he doesn't look at the girls wearing gym suits and he doesn't show any reaction when talking to girls on their swim wear. That guy shows no interests on girls whatsoever that some have thought he bends the other way, but ofcourse since he share some time with Akira more than any other girl, it kinda looked like Akira was THE one.”
 
“Akira this… Akira that… why won't you just say that she was his one and only, PERIOD.” Miyu pouts. Santa only smirks at his friend who is definitely getting way too insecure.
 
“Kouzuki-san, don't be like that. I'm only telling you this factually who knew first hand. I'm not telling you this because I want you to understand him more and not to make you entirely frustrated.”
 
“I know that but isn't there anything else that doesn't involve her?”
 
Santa looks at the dark horizon. Rain is starting to loose it's power and soon enough the early morning dew will emerge. “Sadly to say, Kanata didn't exactly get much feminine affection at home when he was growing up. His mother was a schoolteacher who loves her students. There were times when Kanata thought that his mother started to love the other children more than him. On his seventh birthday, Kanata lost his mother in an accident and that made him behave worse. From there on Akira was Kanata's image of a mother, a sister, a friend, and often times more than that.”
 
Miyu's attitude suddenly quells down into a sad frown. “I'm sorry to hear that. Even though I've come to know him that much, he never once told me anything about his parents. Then what happened?”
 
“Kanata became more distant towards others. As time went by, Kanata would always drop by at her mother's grave everyday after school. He did his own grieving all alone by standing right in front of the head stone. He stopped the habit when we were to start our lives as junior high students. We were getting concerned about his condition because it was unhealthy for him to grieve that long.”
 
 
 
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
(Start Flashback) - The grave of Kanata's mother, 5:07 pm
 
Santa Narrating: Akira and me went to his house just for a visit. His father told us that Kanata hasn't come home yet. It was then that we realize that he must have come to that place again. We rushed to find him and there he was standing quietly right in front of his mother's head stone. I was about to snap him out of it but Akira beat me to the punch.
 
“It's been over six years now.” Akira bends down and gives her respect to Kanata's mother. “It's never an easy thing to hide your sadness. We heard from our homeroom teacher that you're being more passive each day.”
 
“Did you tell her the truth?” Kanata speaks in a stoic manner.
 
“What do you want us to say? Do you want me or Santa to lie?”
 
“No. Even if I wanted for you to do that, I won't let you. She's a teacher. She is just concerned about her students' actions. It's her duty to care.”
 
“Kanata, onegai, stop being like that.” Akira stands up and faces him, yet his head is bowed down. “We told her that you're still depressed about your mom's demise over an accident. You're just getting way to sad than normal.”
 
“I'm not sad!” Kanata yells out. His tears are forming on his eyes and as soon as he blinks, tears starts to drop down on his cheeks. “It's an honor being the son of a hero. She sacrificed her life to uphold what she believed in and she believed on those children. I am not sad because I'm alone. These are just tears of happiness.”
 
“That's enough.” Akira sighs. Kanata then feels two arms being wrapped around him. He now finds Akira hugging him to calm him down. “I know that you always hugged your knees when you're felling lonely. But you are not alone. You still have your dad, Santa, and me too. We all still care about you, and so does everybody else in school.”
 
Kanata rests his moistened face on Akira's hair. “Why do people risk their lives for others?”
 
“When one person dies, that person disappears along with the past and current lifestyle and future. Many people die in missions, wars, accidents, and they die easily in surprisingly simple ways. Hitomi-san was one of them. Those who die have goals and dreams but everyone has something as important as those. Parents, siblings, friends, lovers… people who are important to you. They trust and help each other… the bond between the people important to you ever since birth. The sting that binds them becomes thicker and stronger as time goes by. It's beyond reason.” Akira then pulls back, looks at Kanata's face, and wipes a teardrop from his eye. “Those bound to you by that string will do that when the time comes… because it is important.”
 
 
 
(End Flashback)
::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
 
 
“And since then he was a changed guy. Afterall that he has been through, we found out that he was just a lonely boy who felt that he didn't get enough attention from his mother. Kanata soon progressed on becoming a positive person by being active in school activities, playing sports and giving some attention to the girls who idolizes him. He became the most popular freshman back at junior high.” Santa looks at Miyu. “But ofcourse, Kanata was more into Akira than anyone else.”
 
“So it seems we have Akira to thank for that.” Miyu shoves half her face on her curled up knees. “You know I think that she only made him more vulnerable towards her. He said that she would tell him a bunch of stories that inspired him to like her more and more to the point that he became selfish and possessive of her.”
 
“Actually the way I saw it, Kanata is the type of guy who would settle for only one feminine touch than a legion of fangirl hands.” Santa takes the sleeping Akane's hand and holds it with a gentle tightness. “He was insecure when he was a kid because the other kids got more of his mother's time. On Akira's case, he felt threatened that the only girl that helped him to get through it all would be taken away from him as well. If you look at it that way, he is just spoiled by the people, who really mean a lot to him.”
Miyu stands up and stretches her arms up in the air. She breathes in deep and exhales the air right out. “Thank you for being this honest with me Santa. Now I know now that how he feels towards her. It's only unfortunate that I'm starting to understand my own feelings. I though that I was the one who is changing in.” Miyu looks at the serene surroundings outside the veranda. “It seems that I'm only picking it up where Akira left off.”
 
“Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.” Santa laughs as Miyu only looks at him with a perplexed face. “You don't get the point of all the stuff I've been saying, do you?”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“Does he get angry at you but forgets it later? Does he get concerned when bad things happen to you? Does he tend to be overprotective of you from other guys at school? Does he tend to get a bit jealous whenever you bring Seiya into discussion?”
 
Miyu didn't know what to say to Santa, but in her mind the answers to those questions are all yes. She can't help but to blush thinking about it. He heart speeds it's beat up and causes her body to warm up. She can't deny from herself that his actions reflect his feelings that might actually suggests there's even a slight chance than he doesn't see her entirely as his student. She then remembers the last time she was with him, before she headed home to prepare the slumber party.
 
 
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
(Start Flashback) - earlier at Heiomachi High, Saionji-sensei's room 320pm
 
Kanata is sitting on his chair rearranging his things before leaving the school. As he scans for a pile of papers that are stacked inside his case, a paper falls gently on the floor when he pulls them out. He checks the fallen paper and recognizes the vibrant colors that are etched on it. He picks it up and reads the big letters. It is a flyer advertising the grand reopening of Fantasy Park. He got this flyer the other day when he was out with Akira choosing her wedding gown from his student Hanakomachi Christine's wedding boutique. The grand reopening is scheduled for tomorrow.
 
When he reads the further contents of the flyer, somebody has come in and shuts his door shut. He even hears the door's lock go `click'. He didn't need to move his attention to the person who did that because there is only one person with that kind of audacity
 
“What are you doing here? Don't you have cheerleading matters to attend to or something?” Kanata speaks coldly
 
“I just went but the coach said were taking the day off.” Miyu puts her things on one the front row tables. She walks closer to his area and stops in front of Kanata's table with her hand outreached to him as if she is accepting something from him. “I came here to get those papers if you have any for me to help you check before I head straight home.”
 
Kanata's eyes are still bolted on the flyer just so he can ignore her. “Didn't I tell you that you don't have to do that anymore? You should have gone home than barging in here.”
 
Miyu is getting a little irritated with him now thinking that probably his having his mood swings. “Are you being a jerk again or you're just making me angry on purpose?”
 
“Is it working?”
 
Kanata didn't even looked at her when he said that. Miyu is about to loose it when she notices that Kanata has been looking at a piece of paper since she came in. “Ne, Saionji-sensei. What is that you're reading anyway?”
 
Knowing already that she won't leave the room anytime soon, he decides that he might as well let her entertain him for a few minutes just as long as nobody else suspects anything about her presence… alone with him… inside his room… during after-school hours… with no school business whatsoever.
“It's a flyer of Fantasy Park.”
 
“Oh really? I've heard of that.” Miyu clasps her hands. “It's an amusement park reopening tomorrow after it's renovation. Seiya mentioned that there are new attractions that are a must see.”
 
Kanata then shoots his eyes over the upper edge of the paper. She is wearing an additional garment on her, a petit red jacket that envelops her upper torso. Winter has already begun settling in and the air is a getting chilly since yesterday. “Yaboshi?”
 
“Sou! In fact he's taking me to Fantasy Park tomorrow as a treat. He said it's part of his belated birthday gift for me.” Miyu narrows her eyes back to Kanata slyly. “Since it's only a part, it only means that he has more in store for me. She bends down a bit, reaches for his forehead and begins making small circles on it with her finger. “Makes you wonder, ne? Hentai no otokoo.”
 
Kanata leans back on his chair to avert himself away from her finger. Hearing that Seiya is making a remarkable progress to be closer to Miyu irritates, which is strange for a normal teacher to be this invested on a student to begin with. “Are you being a tease again or you're making me jealous on purpose?”
 
“Is it working?”
 
He raises his right eyebrow and smirks at her. Kanata then stands up from his chair and begins walking away towards the window area. He makes a stop there and looks at the students leaving the school gates. “Your personal celebrations nor your social obligations concern me, Kouzuki-san. As your teacher I just want you to them accordingly and safe.”
 
“Speaking of personal celebrations and social obligations, you really do need to go out more. Out of all the times that I was with you, I never see you treat yourself with some things or visit some places.”
 
“Out of all the times that you were with me, eh?” Kanata shrugs. “You haven't been around me for that very long. But I'll tell you this. I do celebrate important event, however, I celebrate them my way.”
 
“You celebrate important events your way, you say. Well that's something expected to a private person such as yourself. How about treating yourself with some things then?
 
“There are things that I want for myself but not necessarily mean that I like them. I'm not really that materialistic anyway.”
 
“Hountoni? Then how about your social life? You should go out to places with some people your own age. If you have any, that is.”
 
Kanata rolls the flyer into a rod-like shape and points it to the blonde. “Well if you must know, I do have a social life. Actually I'm going to Fantasy Park tomorrow and I'm not planning to come alone. So there!”
 
Miyu crooks her head to one of her shoulders and looks at him suspiciously. “Eh? Are you telling me that you're going out on a date with someone?”
 
Kanata is taken aback. “Is that so hard to believe? I have several girls drooling over me remember? It's very easy for me to find someone.”
 
“Usotsuki!” Miyu quickly averts her gaze away from him
 
“Usotsukijanai!”
 
Miyu sits on top of Kanata's table. “Sensei, those girls you just said are students of this school. You're making a big fuss about us being too close but you want to ask some other schoolgirl to be your date? You don't even pay that much attention to any other girls other than me.”
 
Kanata moves back to his table and smacks the rolled paper to her head. “Don't be so conceited, you teacher harasser. It's been arranged beforehand and that means all I have to do is to show up and meet her there.”
 
Miyu's face turns like a chibi with big watery eyes and biting her handkerchief. “You mean it didn't took you so long to find somebody else? Saionji-sensei hidoii!”
 
“Urosai!” Kanata smacks her again gently on her head. He takes a big breath and lets it out. He remembers the promise that he and Akira made a few years ago that they would go to the Fantasy Park together and watch the sunset on the Ferris wheel. Is telling her that would make things for the better or worse? Miyu did bragged about Seiya taking her there and liking it.
 
He puts the paper back inside his case and closes it, all ready to go. He then looks back at Miyu and places his hand over her head. “It's an old promise so don't mind it so much.”
 
“Saionji…”
 
“I don't have much social obligations like you people. My two best friends have their own lives now and I don't want to be a bother to them. But this way still works for me. I've been living alone and I've been doing things alone all this time so it's not really that much of a big deal for me.”
 
Miyu takes his hand off her head and holds it with both of her hands. Kanata isn't even aware that he let her do it because it's a violation. “Ne Saionji, your birthday is next month on December 25th, right?”
 
“Hai. Doushite?”
 
“I know now you celebrate things your way, but if I should have something planned, will you accept my invitation for you to come and enjoy it with me?”
 
Kanata only smiles at her and shakes his head. She can be such a doll sometimes being so thoughtful needlessly like that. “In times like this, it's better for you not to do such things.” He then holds her hands back firmly and pulls her into a soft hug. “But if you still invite in any of your planned events, I may keep on saying no but that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate your efforts.”
 
Miyu can smell his cologne on his collar as she takes a moments rest on his broad shoulder before she moves away from his embrace. “Okay. For being honest, I will give your birthday present a little early then.”
 
“My birthday present?” Kanata then remembers the time when Miyu's birthday dinner was completely ruined that he ended up giving her, her first kiss with other bonuses, as her birthday gift. “What is it?” Kanata says nervously.
 
Miyu moves her hand to touch Kanata's face. He closes his eyes against the feel of her soft fingers on his cheek. They traveled all over it and combed through his hair. Miyu smiles as its softness yields to her hand. “After you mentioned all of those things, I will give you something that you don't want but I'm sure you will like.”
 
And to Kanata's surprise, Miyu takes a motion forward and presses her lips into his for a soft kiss. It's not a very passionate kiss that they used to do but it is something that means more. She couldn't ignore how warm and strong he was, or her body's reaction to him. She feels warm and cold all at once, like she is under a spell making her grow bold, and runs one hand through his hair using the other to pull him even closer to her. Days of ignoring each other because of their recent deal are erased in his arms and she nuzzles her head into his shoulder as his arms tighten around her.
 
She realizes that they are going way over board so she pulls back and leaves Kanata stunned. His facial color turn a bit peach but he shakes it off rigorously to come back to his senses. “I didn't want that. That was a complete violation of our agreement.”
 
“I told you don't want it. Besides, we're practically violating our agreement since I got here.”
 
“Well you're right about that.” Kanata smiles at her and takes his case and starts walking to the door. It's time for them to leave the premises and call it a day already. “If Yaboshi does anything to you just call me, alright?” He stops abruptly as he notices that Miyu hasn't let go of his hand.
 
“Did you like your present?” Miyu asks Kanata sweetly.
 
Kanata can't help himself but to smirk and shrug. “Yeah. I sure did. Now get your ass off my table and go home already before Mizuno-sensei or somebody sees us here.”
 
Miyu gladly obliges and takes her bag off the nearby desk table. But she couldn't get any closer to the door because Kanata is the one now keeping her from leaving.
 
SCREW THE AGREEMENT… for now atleast
 
“Before you unlock the door, I almost forgot to thank you for that present, which I liked but I didn't want.” With their hands still in a tangle with each other, Kanata pulls Miyu to himself in another embrace.
 
He hesitates at first as he leers at her eyes even though they are filled with lust and longing. “Why must you always make things so difficult for me?” Miyu smiles at him then takes her free hand to his cheek and eventually lowers it down so her forefinger and middle finger can roam slowly Kanata's lips. “It's okay. I'm letting you go against our agreement this time.”
 
Kanata sighs, but it comes out as more of a moan, when she presses against him, her silky hair caressing his cheek. He has always wanted to hold her this close and feel the overall warmth and softness of her. Even through her jacket he can sense her soft curves. They fit together so perfectly; where he is hard, she is soft.
 
He buries his face into the golden glory of her hair and breathes deeply of her scent, the lavender perfume sending his head swimming. He let his hands wander to her hips, pulls her even closer and hoping she would realize just what she is doing to him.
 
Miyu can hear her heartbeat double and rush in her ears. Or was that his? His heart thunders in his chest, pounding beneath her cheek. She is lost in the feel of his gentle hands on her waist.
 
Breathing isn't coming easily to Kanata at the moment. What breaths that did come sounds more like sobs. And it seems they would be. He can smell the hot tears in his nostrils. After days of damming up his emotions that lasted like years, everything feels like it was melting away, that heaviness in his chest disappearing completely as he holds her. "Miyu..." he breathes.
 
It want so faint even though they were that close. She isn't quite sure if he said her name but it still causes her to look up into his face. Her beautiful eyes took in the glossy sparkle of his and she moves her hand to his cheek, the skin warm and smooth. She draws his face closer to hers and rests her forehead against his.
 
“What's the matter?” Miyu sounds a bit frustrated being kept for something from him. “I told you I'm letting you off this time.”
 
Kanata responds by hugging her tighter closer to him erasing even a centimeter of space between them. “Since when was the last time I EVER initiated a kiss whenever we are here inside the school premises?” He wanted to breathe faster because he can't take the heaviness he is feeling inside him, but he can't show he is getting too excited. Instead his respiration becomes calmer but deep. “The girls do most of the work when they are coming on to me.”
 
Miyu narrows her eyes and looks at him with glee but mixed with disgust. “You… really are…the most egotistic… and the cockiest guy… I have ever sunk my lips in.” She wants to get away from his vice grip so she could get into a comfortable position to ring his neck but he already sensed it that his other arm slides up to her upper back.
 
Escape is futile and Miyu could only raise an eyebrow as she gaze at his victorious face. “Whether you say that you're only training me or you can't find anybody else to harass…” Kanata releases her body entirely. His hands now march to her shoulders then his head advances to her right ear and whispers. “I am the only guy you have ever sunk your lips in.”
 
 
“~ Oh that was reeeeeaalllllyyyy beautiful, Saionji. ~.” Miyu comments sarcastically. “Really wonderful for you to remind me, you son of …”she stops from yapping when he pinches her lips shut. "Mmhm, just like you are." He whispers, caressing her cheek and hair. "Inside, and out."
 
Before he knows it, she ascends onto his lips and claims them. His eyes flew wide then droops sleepily as she deepens the kiss, tasting, teasing, and entreating entry all at once. She draws him in with a breath and wraps her arms around his neck, while Kanata embraces her waist again returning the kiss with his own passion.
 
He moans into her mouth and pressed his hips against hers. A strong shudder passes through him. He feels like he just can't get enough of her warmth, her sweet softness. Everything about the moment is perfect, from the scent of her hair surrounding them to the soft pulse of their heartbeats to the gentle sunset glow of the orange-tinged that is radiating from the window.
 
Reluctantly, the kiss ends. Miyu clings to his lips for a moment before they draw apart with a soft plucking sound. Feeling slightly drugged, Kanata opens his eyes and gazes at her face. Her eyes are still closed; her long jetty lashes dusts her blushing cheeks with shadows. He runs his fingers across her cheekbone, cherishing the warm smoothness of the flesh. Slowly her eyes opens, like someone just waking from a trance and gazes into his. They glisten and sparkle with emotion. Kanata grins and caresses her cheek again.
 
"I hate you, you big pedophile." she smiled, her voice sounding far away. Leaning forward, he touches the tip of her nose with his. Miyu giggles and nuzzles into his shoulder. "I hate you too, you little brat." he murmured, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead.
 
They stayed like this for a few minutes more before they decided to go in their own way home when the whole nook and cranny of that corridor is completely vacated.
 
 
(End Flashback)
:::::::::::::::::::::
 
 
“I honestly don't know what is that guy thinking. You know what, if only Akira isn't getting married this Sunday or if only Miyu isn't his student. Things will be more complicated if Kanata keeps on juggling his feelings and concerns to both forbidden fruits.” Santa runs a hand through his raven hair.
 
A wriggling smile etches on Miyu's face. “I'm sorry if I'm causing such inconvenience. I never thought it would so get messed up. If I just minded my own business from the very start, we won't be having this talk.”
 
“You're right. You should be sorry. I mean, a freak kiss began on your birthday and both of you just let it progress into something that redefine the word nasty.”
 
“Hey I said I'm sorry alright.” Miyu pouts at Santa. “I'm just messing with the guy anyway so he can handle himself better when his ready to date girls. You know it vexes me. If he has the power to choose any girl he wants then why he hasn't found anyone yet.”
 
Santa does a few moderately toned snickering. “Yeah right. Whatever you say Kouzuki-san. No but honestly, I am thankful for being such an influence for my friend. As long as things won't turn out for the worst, I believe he will be choosing the girl that he wants, as you bluntly put it.” Santa then covers his yawing mouth. “Aren't you sleepy yet?”
 
“Gee I don't know. From all of that talking, I think I can stay up till dawn. What is the time anyway?”
 
“Let me check my mobile.” Santa reaches down his pocket cautiously not to disturb Akane. “I always check time with this when…” He stops when he sees something interesting on the mobile screen. “Hold up, what is this… I got a voice mail from Akira-san.”
 
Miyu is taken aback. “Akira-san? Didn't you mention that Saionji-sensei want to watch out for her earlier.”
 
“Yeah but according here, I received this 11:08 pm. I didn't check my mobile since you returned it to me when you had that talk with him.” Unfortunately for Miyu, she doesn't know that Santa is lying. He did notice that voice mail from Akira but waited for the right opportunity to unleash it to the world. The time has finally come to reveal it now as part of his plan to make things even more interesting between his friends. “I must have ignored it when we were all having fun in there earlier.”
 
Santa pushes the button without any hesitation. Even though he thought of waiting for a while, he doesn't know what her message is. One thing is for certain, he sure hopes that it is something good. Scandalous Good
 
 
~~ Hello Santa, it's me. I just thought of sending you this instead of an ordinary text mail so you can hear me. Kanata said that you might start moping again if I don't keep in touch again. Anyway, you don't have to worry a thing about me joining you and Miyu-san. To tell you the truth, I tried but the rain was too strong where I was and my car sadly died down on me when I still decided to go at Heiomachi. Since you're having such a time there, I called Kanata. He was kind enough to let me stay at his place. If you want to come over here, we could do some catching up… wait up… what's the matter with you Kanata, I'm just trying to be nice. What did I say about you being nicer to people around you? … Hello Santa? Sorry if heard all of that. Kanata is being cranky since I ruined his beauty sleep and … K-Kanata don't! I'm ticklish there! No! *Squeal* Don't! *Squeal* Stop it! Ha ha ha! *Squeal* ~~
 
 
Santa tries desperately to hide his devious smile when he turns his head to look at Miyu. He can't read out clearly the emotion her face is expressing right now after hearing all of that. It's pretty obvious that Kanata and Akira are doing some late night flirting, however, it would be overkill if Santa say anything more about it to Miyu. “That was a little bit of an over share, want it?”
 
Miyu didn't say anything. She doesn't know how to respond after hearing that Akira is actually staying at Kanata's apartment, doing who knows what. It's not her business to know or even think otherwise out of context. She isn't his girl friend or anything. It's his choice to let some girl stay there.
 
But this is not some girl. This is Akira. This girl happens to be very important to him, the very same girl that he has quite a history with. If Santa thinks that Miyu means the same to Kanata, then knowing the teacher, he would also treat Akira the same way he treats Miyu whenever she spends a night with him.
 
But could she really think that Kanata would do something extreme to someone who's bound to get hitched, even if she was the first girlfriend? She heard what was going on, she wasn't deaf. Nevertheless, hearing things isn't necessarily what they seem to be. Maybe Kanata was just being playful with Akira by tickling her. In the other hand, Kanata was never really the playful type whenever she was with him. Usually that's Miyu's role.
 
She never felt this much about marching outside despite of the rain and the dark street. She wants to go there and see it for herself what are they doing at this hour. But that would be reckless, irrational, inconsiderate, and rude of her. She keeps saying to herself that it doesn't bother her at all but she doesn't want to look needy or clingy.
 
She is not like the girls of Kanata's fan club… that's just fine
 
She is not like Natsumi… that's just dandy
 
She is not like Christine … that's just fortunate
 
She is not like Akira … that just she knows for sure
 
Now she only made herself more upset.
 
 
================
 
 
Pretty soon, Miyu retreated back inside the house leaving Akane and Santa by the veranda. She mentioned that she is going to hit the sack so she won't be sleepy when she goes on a date with Seiya at Fantasy Park. However, he knows that Miyu won't be getting anymore sleep, although another idea strikes him.
 
 
“Tomorrow is the promised date at Fantasy Park that Kanata and Akira made to each other. Tomorrow is also the day when Miyu and Seiya are going out together to the same place. It's also possible that all of them will see each other. The word was already out so that means that a lot of people from our school are going there as well.” Santa says gently while patting Akane's head.
 
“You better take some shot eye. I don't want you to be wobbly when we go there tomorrow.” The sleeping girl suddenly speaks.
 
Santa lands his head on top of hers, absorbing the heat radiating from her body. “You're thinking the same thing, aren't you?”
 
“Are you kidding me? I want to see their collision course as much as you are.” Akane cuddles even closer to Santa. He responds my holding her even tighter. “If it's all the same to you, I'll stay up for a bit longer. I'll wake you up when the sun rises.”
 
Akane makes an effort to escape from his grip to look at him. Santa feels her body shifting away from his and gladly lets her off. “I thought you already forgotten about our promise to eat those rice cakes at sunrise. I saw you ate your piece and I thought you did that because I cheated that kiss earlier.”
 
Santa shakes his head. Rubbing her back softly with one hand, he let his chin rest against her forehead, buries in her soft golden hair. Tilting his head down, he presses his lips against her forehead lightly but tenderly, “It's all right. We're cool.” He whispers half to her and half to himself. “I still got the other one. I thought sharing a piece is more romantic, don't you?”
 
“I do.” She responds and brushes a finger fondly against his cheek. The movement caught him by surprise. With his eyes sliding shut, Santa let his other senses take over. Her real attention, though, is on his lips, and the anticipation of what he knew is coming.
 
Santa's mouth meets hers in mimicry of the previous day when they were caught by their friends. Although he expected a short kiss like that first one, Akane continues to press her to him as she moves her lips over his. He feels his bottom lip pulled between hers and sucks upon lightly. It is beyond any sensation he had ever felt.
 
His thoughts and reservations flew out the veranda. Santa responds as if pulled by a string, tasting her lips with his tongue until she dips out to meet it. They explore each other's mouths passionately, running their tongues slowly over every reachable part. Santa's arms wraps around her back, his hands running up and down her spine while Akane lifts her hands to his head and sinks her fingers into his hair.
 
It was almost excruciating when Santa is the first one to break the kiss, the breath from his mouth warming her cheeks as he pulls away. When she opens her eyes he looms over her, looking down on her face with a carefully composed expression. His chest heaves as he breathed heavily. Her own body trembles that she lets her body crash down on his chest for support, before submitting herself in another slumber.
 
Sunrise is almost upon the couple resting at the veranda. The whole sleep over benefited each one of them to an extent. True stories were told, feelings were appraised, and kisses were made. The day was really unforgettable from the time they begin planning the sleep over until the time it closes to an end. Akira ends up spending the night with Kanata, Akane ends up giving Santa a delightful mid-night snack, Seiya ends up getting a forgiving kiss, neither Christine, Aya, and Nanami ends up with nothing, and Miyu ends up with tears and mixed emotions towards Kanata.
 
It's never really amusing looking back at the past, however, without venturing from the past, the present will be nowhere. For them, they are living the present. So maybe it wasn't exactly the happy ending everyone could have hope for. Were things turned for the worst? Or were things turned out for the better after all?
 
When the blue morning sky envelops the heavens, maybe they will know what is in store. It's time to take the venture from the present for them to prepare about living the future.
 
The place to start…
 
Fantasy Park