Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ A World of Hurt ❯ Doors ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Once again ideas pop and I just can't stop.
Actually, this was inspired by Wings of Morphius's picture ((check out her profile. Is it a she? I don't know.)) I just took it to new heights.
A World of Hurt
Chapter One: Doors to Choose From
“Why are we here again?”
Sam's voice filtered through the Fenton Phones, covered with a layer of static.
Danny paused from where he was floating, which happened to be the middle of the Ghost Zone.
“Because,” Tucker's voice was next, We're teenagers and we're bored. What better thing to do than explore the Ghost Zone.”
Danny sighed. “I'm with Sam on this one. Should we even be here?”
“Seeing as every time we crawl through here you always get in serious trouble?” Sam had the same tone as he did. “I doubt it.”
“You guys are such kill-joys,” Tucker breathed through the Phones, letting out a wave of static. “We can't explore a few doors then head on back?”
“That's what's bothering me,” Danny said, “Can we even find our way back?”
“The Speeder has this `return home' button, so I assume we'll be okay. As long as we don't do anything stupid.” Sam's voice rose at that last line, and Danny grinned. She still didn't trust them with anything.
“Look,” Tucker gave a heavy breath. “We'll just go through a few more doors and head back. No biggie.”
“You know Danny,” he heard Sam say innocently, “I've always kind of wondered what cool and creepy things are down here…”
He shook his head. “Not you too, Sam.”
“I think you're outnumbered, dude.”
“Fine. Just a few more doors though.”
He could see their grins.
It didn't help that the last five doors lead to horrors from soul-leeches to children straight out of a Japanese horror film to the close relative of the Blob who tried to digest him.
He was not looking forward to the next few.
“OH!”
Danny winced as the excited shout came with a stream of static. “What?”
“Do you not see that door?”
“Which door?”
“She's pointing to your left. It's the glowing one.”
“…Tucker… They're all glowing.”
“The only one glowing purple.”
He glanced around. He could see the door, a vibrant, pulsing aura surrounding a door. Across the door was painted a spider, red letters painted in some odd language.
Now that he thought about it…
Danny turned carefully.
All the doors in this area of the ghost zone were glowing other colors also. One was a day-glo pink, another the softest blue and another was a fiery red.
“I don't know…”
“Come on, Danny!” Sam cried, “Look at how cool it is!”
To Danny it looked like if he opened it he'd be eaten alive by giant spiders.
“She won't shut up about it, will she?”
“Open it!”
The half-ghost sighed. Well, the sooner they got out of there…
He pushed open the door…
…And the world went dark.
><><><><><><
“Ow…” Danny moaned.
“Ow!” came the sharp reply.
“OW!” came the third.
Danny opened his eyes carefully. What he saw surprised him.
“Are we back in the Fenton Labs?”
Tucker and Sam fell out of the Specter Speeder, looking equally sick.
“Well that was a bust,” Tucker sighed, picking himself up.
Sam sighed and nodded. “And it looked so cool.”
“I don't know…” Danny stared at the lab apprehensively. “Something seems off to me.”
He rested his hand on the counter, and suddenly the whole lab began to blink red, an alarm sounding.
“I didn't touch anything!” Tucker yelled above the noise.
“Don't look at me!” Sam covered her ears.
Danny was about to reply when he felt something knock him over. He grunted and fell over, the wind knocked out of him. He heard the same grunts from Sam and Tucker as they were attacked just as he was. Turning over quickly, he got ready to face his assailant, and his eyes went wide.
It was Sam! But Sam was over there! And… but…
He blinked quickly, his defenses falling quickly.
And the oddest thing to happen to him yet…
She held a small object to his forehead, a smirk over her face.
A thousand-volt shock went through his body, and his vision began to fade.
“Sweet dreams.”
><><><><><><
“Alright.”
“Let's get this over with fast.”
…Who's talking…?
“How'd you get past the defenses?”
Why can't I see?
“I really don't want to have to deal with this right now.”
Who attacked?
“Listen you son of a bitch!”
Wasn't it…
He opened his eyes, and he let out a groan.
“Sam?”
She stepped back, crossing her arms. “So you remember me?”
“What?” He tried to move his arms, frowning when he realized he couldn't move anything. “Of course I remember you!”
She frowned. “How did you get in here?”
“What do you mean?” His head was so muddled. “You came here with me.”
She took another step back, running a nervous hand through her hair.
“You're an idiot,” she sighed, “I'm not going to talk to you if you're just going to act innocent.”
Which made no sense to Danny; was he not innocent?
Suddenly the alarm went off again, and he cringed as the noise hit his growing migraine.
“What the hell?” she murmured. She turned to the control panel behind her and pressed a few buttons. The screen flickered to life, revealing an odd looking boy, red tips on his spiked black hair, and golden eyes. He wore the full punk ensemble: A skull on a black shirt, grey pants that disappeared into black combat boots. He had a spike collar around his neck, two wrist cuffs over grey gloves with no fingers. He paused as he grinned devilishly at the camera, flashing a peace sign.
“Hey, Sammy,” he said, his voice a bit dark but oddly familiar, I bet you're looking good. Too bad I can't see through this damned camera. How `bout I come in there?”
“But… shwa?!”
A look of complete surprise passed over her face as she turned back to Danny.
“But… you're…”
There was a loud bang, and the building shook a bit. Sam jumped back, staring wide eyed at the ceiling.
“What was that?” he asked.
“That,” she whispered fearfully, “is Danny Phantom.”
Authoress Notes:
deviantart. com/ deviation / 27982167/
That should be the picture that inspired this. I revamped the character to change to my own needs, so I wouldn't be stealing (completely) from the awesomeness that is Wings of Morphius. If she wants to sue she can't `cause she doesn't even own the character. ::evil maniacal laughter::
I'm done.
Next Chapter: the authoress has to write more action scenes, which she hates to do. You will be grateful.