Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ A World of Hurt ❯ Confusion ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I thought I posted this. I'm sorry.
 
A World of Hurt
Chapter Two: Confusion
 
“Tucker?”
He blinked his eyes open, groaning.
“Tucker!”
Someone jabbed him and he lifted his head up.
Sam was beside him, and both were shackled to the wall behind them.
“Where's Danny?” she hissed.
“Does it look like I know?”
“Hmph.”
They looked up. Two new people had entered the room without them noticing.
“Think they're clones?” the first, a lean boy wearing all black. He glanced at them lazily, much unlike the girl beside him, who was leaning over curiously, a blond who donned deep purples.
“Don't be silly,” she said, a bit of mystery in her voice, “No one's been cloned. Beside, what were they doing with the ghost boy?”
“Sam's gonna have a fit,” the boy sighed. “She doesn't like people stealing her image.”
“Um,” Sam spoke up with an obvious tone, “I'm right here!”
“And who are you?” Tucker asked.
They merely looked on with severe interest.
“Should we answer them?” the girl whispered carefully.
“YES!” they shouted together.
“Who are you?” the boy asked defensively.
“We're Tucker and Sam!”
“You can't be,” the girl said simply.
“And why not?”
“Because,” the boy answered, “Sam's in the other room, and Tucker's dead.”
 
><><><><><><
 
“What do you mean that's Danny Phantom?!” Danny shouted.
Sam glanced at his sharply, grabbing the back of his head and pulling him forward.
“Who the hell are you?” she hissed.
“Ow! Sam! What are you-”
There was a second bang, and she let go of him, scrambling up.
“This is bad! This is bad, this is bad, this is bad,” she whispered.
“What's going on?”
“So you're not Danny Phantom?” Her tone was sharp, daring him to lie.
“Yeah, Sam, you've known.”
She slammed her fist down on the controls quickly, and he fell over as the restraints fell from his wrists. He stood, confused as she hurried out of the room. Danny followed quickly and stopped as he noticed the redhead she was speaking with.
`…Jazz?'
“I don't care, Sam,” she said sharply, “We've got bigger problems then your own little vendetta.”
He noticed Sam's defiant expression, but she bit her lip and took a breath.
“Will someone explain what's going on?”
They whirled around, and he saw Jazz's eyes widen, as if he were the last person she expected to see.
“D-Danny?” she gasped quickly.
“I told you,” Sam breathed.
The building rocked again, and the two girls turned behind them, grabbing a weapon or two off the table.
“That's not Danny,” Jazz said, cringing as she heard a large crash. “'Cause I've got a feeling that's Danny.”
“I'll go turn on the ghost shield,” Sam sighed.
 
><><><><><><
 
“What do you mean I'm dead?!” Tucker shouted.
“Yeppers,” the girl said, “You were one of the first.” She paused, leaning over him curiously. “You aren't a ghost, are you?”
“No!”
“But you came out of the Ghost Zone,” the boy pointed out.
“Tay, John!”
The straightened, turning sharply.
And Sam's eyes went wide.
Because she was staring…
...At herself.
“Who turned off the ghost shield?” the non-captive Sam sighed.
“It's off?” the boy, now named John, looked surprised.
“Yes! Have you not been paying attention?”
“Um, Sam…” Tay pointed to the two people being held prisoner.
“What is…?” Her eyes went wide, matching the expression of the chained Sam perfectly. “Oh, holy fuck monkeys.”
And that's when the walls collapsed.
 
><><><><
 
“Hey sis,” the raven-haired boy stepped from the rubble, grinning widely. “Long time no see.”
“But…” the redhead looked ready to faint, “Danny… and… Danny?”
“What's this?” the darker Danny asked, “Something else Clockwork cooked up?”
“I honestly have no idea,” she replied shakily. “I thought…”
Danny stared at what seemed to be a grey-scale version of himself. This world… it wasn't making any sense… What was going on?!
“Did I really used to look like that?” the dark Danny said, cocking his head curiously.
Suddenly Jazz remembered her place, cocked her weapon, and fired three shots.
She missed each one of them.
The dark Danny had disappeared in place and reappeared behind her, grabbing onto her shoulders.
“You wouldn't hurt your little brother, would you, Jazz?”
She went stiff and closed her eyes, as if already admitting defeat.
“I knew you'd see it my way.”
And he flung her across the room, causing her to land on top of the Danny who started this journey.
And then he crashed through the wall.
`Subtlety is not this guy's second nature,' Danny thought as he disentangled himself from his sister.
 
><><><><><
 
Dark Danny stood over the shock he'd caused, his devilish grin still plastered to his face. He noticed the two teens tied together and his grin widened as he floated towards them.
“What's this?” he said, “Another Sam. Just when I thought I couldn't get any luckier.
The chained Sam looked up in horror. “Danny, what's going on?”
He ignored her, starting as he noticed Tucker.
“I thought you were killed,” he sounded in a bored tone.
“That's what everyone keeps telling me!”
The second Sam ran towards him, holding out a long rod as a weapon. He merely laughed and caught her by the face, holding it close to his own.
“Come on, Sammy,” he whispered forcefully, “You can't let a little grudge go.”
“Get off me you bastard,” she spat back, ramming the rod into his head.
He ducked, floating back, and rested an arm on the other Sam.
“You're no fun anymore, Sam-Sam,” he teased, “So I'll just find myself a new playmate.”
And with that, he and Sam turned invisible.
“ALRIGHT!” came the very angry shout of a very angry Danny, “WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!”
 
Authoress Notes:
That got confusing, so let me clear a few things up for you.
First of all, this is not going to be a different version of Ultimate Enemy. I can be original. While slightly stepping the line of the copyright laws.
Evil Danny just stole Sam #1. Since we've gotten rid of the doubles, this should be less confusing for a little while.
As to why there is an Evil Danny, that will be explained next chapter.
((I gotta find a better way to tell them apart.))
Next Chapter: Try not to lose your head, folks. Things are gonna be rocky from here on out.