Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ A World of Hurt ❯ An Explanation ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I think we left of with Sam1 being stolen by Devil-Danny and a whole lot of confusion.
I don't remember that so well.
I'm too distracted by Harry Potter fanfiction.
I :heart: Ron Weasley
 
A World of Hurt
Chapter Three: An Explanation
 
The dark Danny made himself tangible again once they were well outside the parameters of the building he'd just escaped and glanced down at the girl in his arms.
Why had he stolen the younger-looking Sam?
`Because,' he chided himself, `I'm out for some fun.'
She squirmed in his arms, clutching onto his shirt as if he might drop her.
“Danny,” she breathed, biting her lip, “Where are we…?”
She glanced up at the dark-haired boy and stared at his outfit choice.
“…You're not Danny.”
He grinned. “Am so.”
“No,” she was staring at his chest, at the skull painted so neatly. “Because Danny needs to go ghost to fly, and you're not even dressed like him.”
He laughed. “I haven't done that in ages. Besides, who says I'm not going ghostly right now.”
She peered close to his face, and he felt his face begin to heat up. Of course he hadn't thought about Sam like that for a long time…
“You're not Danny,” she concluded crossly, “At least not my Danny. But I'm obviously in no position to do anything about it, and this whole thing has me confused…”
His smile faltered, but he ignored the thoughts ebbing at the edge of his mind.
`It's just a good time, Danny. Just a good time.'
 
><><><><><
 
“Dude,” Tucker muttered as they unchained him, “That was cold just leaving me here.”
“It wasn't like it was me,” Danny bit back defensively, “Or… I think it was… I don't know. Where's Sam?”
“Double Danny just stole her, dude.”
He murmured something that no one wanted to repeat.
“So…” Tay spoke up, “Are we going to explain why we've got doubles?”
“Oh this is just wonderful,” the leftover Sam murmured. “Ghost shield's out.”
“What?” Jazz groaned from her weary position slumped against the counter. “Oh that's just great. Did I mention I'm having such a wonderful day?”
John dusted off his shirt, glancing sideways at the rubble across the floor. “At least Val wasn't here. That girl's a bitch.”
“Val?” Tucker spoke up, “As in Valerie Grey?”
He nodded. “She's still obsessing over that damned boy…”
Jazz gave a small moan and put her head between her knees. “I cannot believe this is happening…”
“That you can't fight your own goddamned brother,” Sam sighed, “And I always used to think you were going to break out World War III in your kitchen.”
“Be quiet,” she spat back, “Just because you hate him doesn't mean I have to.”
“Um… Jazz…?” Tay spoke quietly, “I don't know if you noticed, but your brother is a raving lunatic.”
Danny leaned into Tucker.
“Do you have any idea what they're talking about?” he whispered.
“Cannot help you there.”
Their whispering sparked interest in the four, who glanced at them curiously.
“So,” Tay asked, “Where exactly did you come from?”
“Um…”
“I'm not sure if we can answer that question…”
“'Cause we kinda thought…”
“…We were from here.”
Jazz hung her head. “Great. A little brother from another dimension. Just what I need.”
“Stop griping and help me fix this,” Sam sighed.
Danny and Tuck exchanged glances.
At this rate they'd never get the answers they were looking for.
 
><><><><
 
“Um… Non-Danny?”
He glanced at her irritably. Had the old Sam always been this annoying?
“Where are we going?”
He ignored her and stopped, frowning.
“What are you doing here?”
Sam leaned past Double-Danny's form, attempting to see who he was speaking to.
“I got a bored,” answered an oddly familiar voice. Feminine. Her form was hidden in shadows.
“I thought you left.”
“I came back… What's that?”
Sam realized the shadow was referring to her. She frowned, standing straight.
“Check it out,” Double-Danny stepped aside, his voice as if showing off for show and tell, “I found another Sam.”
The unknown person leaned forward curiously, and Sam's eyes went wide.
It was Valerie… but not quite. She wore a bright orange top, cutting off at her shoulders, gloves up to her elbows, and a blue-plaid skirt. A hat was placed off-handedly over her head, and tall boots strapped to her feet. She held a weapon in her hand, something that looked oddly deadly.
And she grimaced.
“Why'd you get another one?”
Sam's expression was a mixture of surprise and anger, but anger seemed dominant.
But Val's eyes were trained on Danny, and Sam noticed something…
`…Since when have Val's eyes been gold…?'
 
><><><><><><
 
“So… is anyone going to explain what's going on here?” Tucker asked.
They turned to the two boys, their eyes wide.
“We're still kind of confused,” Danny added.
Sam narrowed her eyes and walked out of the room.
Jazz bit her lip and passed a look to Tay and John.
“I'll explain.”
 
><><><><
 
Not too long ago everything had been fine.
And right before everything fell apart, a ghost came to town.
Danny had handled it fine. He always did. The problem lasted for a few days before he managed to get rid of it. They'd been relieved afterwards. He hadn't even gotten hurt in this battle.
But then he started changing.
No one noticed at first.
He was slightly more aggressive, a bit more mischievous, but he was a teenager. It was natural.
Then it got worse.
He was cheating on tests, shoplifting, doing things the normal Danny never did. Whenever he got caught he just exploded and locked himself in his room. It was stupid stuff at first, but it didn't get any better. He simply couldn't stand to be around people anymore.
There was a theory he was being overshadowed, but it wasn't possible.
At the time he'd been dating Sam, and she was worried sick about him. She constantly sought him out. One day, she was looking for him after he'd snuck out, and she found him. He was… He was with Valerie.
Of course Sam exploded, confronted him. He just got angrier and ran off.
The next time he showed up… he'd changed. And it was only for the worst. It was like… he'd completely turned, and that's when everything fell apart.
 
><><><><
 
Sam crossed her arms, throwing a glare at Valerie sitting across from her.
“…So, what are you going to do with me?”
The question was directed at Devil-Danny, who had mysteriously disappeared. Since he wasn't there, she had no idea what she was going to do.
Val glanced at her, raising an eyebrow. “It's Danny.” As if that answered everything.
Sam hoped it meant something good.
 
Notes:
Of course it doesn't… or maybe. I've got… plans.
((laughs evilly))
So, I finally managed to update. The explanation did not go quite as I wished. It'll be explained more fully later, if I can.
As to Danny's bad boy behavior, well, I think it's kind of hot.
Anyway…
Gah! All I've been able to write lately is romantic poetry. So unlike me.
Review.