Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Danny Phantom: Facing the Future ❯ Danny Phantom: Facing the Future - Part 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Danny Phantom: Facing the Future
Part 5
By Aaron
 
Working as fast as he could, Vlad feverishly put the finishing touches on his Ghost Portal, hooking it up to his portable generator. After learning about the existence of Clockwork from Future Sam, he had already begun formulating a plan of his own.
 
“There,” he stated triumphantly, “This generator will only have enough power to keep my Ghost Portal open for five seconds, but it should be more than worth it.”
 
Vlad grinned evilly as he programmed a set of coordinates into the Ghost Portal to open it where he wanted. Although through his sinister gaze, one might almost be able to detect a giddy glint in his eye, like a kid at Christmas.
 
“Good thing I had my computers get as much geographical information as I could out of the Infi-Map the last time I had it,” he thought out loud, “This looks like it would be the most logical place to start looking.”
 
“This just in,” a radio news broadcast came up over a nearby radio, catching Vlad's attention, “We have just received word that two ghosts are engaged in battle in the sky on the outskirts of Amity Park. Early reports indicate that both combatants mysteriously bear a striking resemblance to the teen ghost hero known as Danny Phantom.”
 
“Hmh! Knock yourselves out, you fools,” Vlad smirked as he transformed into Vlad Plasmius and set his Ghost Portal to open, “By the “time” I'm through, nothing that either of you have done is going to matter.”
 
With a laugh, Vlad flew into the Ghost Portal at top speed, passing through the barrier with just enough time to spare before the generator cut out and the Portal shut down.
 
… … … …
 
“Uuunnnh…” Sam groaned wearily as her eyes slowly opened and began to focus again. She was still momentarily groggy as Jazz helped her to sit up.
 
“Don't blame yourself, Jazz” a familiar voice sounded behind her as she turned to see Future Sam leaning up against a lab table, her arms crossed, “I had a feeling you weren't going to talk her out of it. But it was worth a shot.”
 
Suddenly, Sam remembered everything that had just happened and her eyes popped open wide!
 
“Whoa. Whoa! WHOA!!!” she exclaimed as she snapped to her feet, looking herself over before rushing to the nearest reflective surface to see her transformed face staring back at her, “YES! I mean, I knew this was gonna be cool, but this just feels WILD!”
 
“Well, I'm glad YOU'RE happy!” Future Sam sounded off behind her, instantly getting her attention, “Because of you, the whole timeline might be screwed up!”
 
“Excuse me?!” Sam argued, still feeling buzzed, “Considering that you're still here and you appear to still have all your limbs attached, I'd say things are working out fine!”
 
“HELLO!!!” Future Sam argued back, pulling a certain item out from under her shirt, “Time Medallion! Existing outside of time! You don't know how it went down with me! Did you ever stop to think that it might have happened differently?! Now thanks you, who knows what kind of a future we could be…?!”
 
But Future Sam's tirade was cut off as both she and Sam suddenly felt a chill creeping through them both. Having felt it for the first time, Sam found herself shivering as the cold breath passed her lips.
 
“Whoa,” she shuddered, “I didn't know it was going to feel like THAT.”
 
“Like what?” Jazz asked curiously, “What's going on?”
 
Sam didn't answer, causing Jazz to look over at Future Sam, who could only respond with a stern glare.
 
“They're here.”
 
… … … …
 
For the residents of Amity Park, there seemed nothing out of the ordinary to spoil their perfectly normal day. Most of them had yet to hear the warning that had come on over the radio. Unfortunately, they were about to receive a first hand announcement as a huge streak of light smashed into the street, sending pieces of asphalt flying in all directions! Acting on instinct, the now panicked citizens began running for their lives, searching desperately for any kind of shelter while at the same time, trying to see what could have possibly crashed into their town! But their questions would soon be answered as Dark Danny came flying out of the smoke that still blanketed the impact site, having been struck by a pair of enormous Ghost Rays! The force of the blast sent him barreling into a nearby lamppost, bending it over from the sheer impact.
 
“Unnnh,” Dark Danny groaned as he slowly picked himself up, only to look up and see himself standing, of all places, just outside the parking lot of Nasty Burger, “Oh, this has GOT to be a sick joke!”
 
“Yeah,” Future Danny's grim voice sounded as she slowly stepped from the smoke, his eyes and hands blazing with green ecto-energy, “Brings back memories, doesn't it?”
 
The few witnesses who had stayed to watch could only grow more curious at what they were now seeing. How could there be TWO Danny Phantoms…and both of them older no less?! But their questions would have to go unanswered as Tucker and Valerie arrived in the Specter Speeder, opening the back ramp.
 
“Citizens of Amity Park!” Tucker announced over the speaker, “This is a standing order from your mayor! Man, it feels cool to say that…uh, anyway…This entire area is being evacuated and barricaded within a 10 block radius! Please enter the vehicle in an orderly fashion and we will transport you to safety!”
 
“Okay,” Dark Danny sighed, rolling his eyes in annoyance, “I think I've had just about enough of the peanut gallery for today.”
 
With that, Dark Danny raised his fist, preparing to unleash a devastating Ghost Ray to annihilate the Specter Speeder. But all he could do was let out a yell of pain as Future Danny blasted his fist with a Ghost Ray of his own!
 
“Sorry to upset your timetable,” he stated, standing between Dark Danny and the fleeing citizens, “But you're not hurting anyone. Because right here…right now…is where I hold the line!”
 
“Alright…I am now officially beyond annoyed,” Dark Danny hissed, clutching his smoldering hand and glaring in rage before an enormous surge of ecto-energy erupted from his body!
 
“YOU WANT A WAR!?!?!? I'LL GIVE YOU A WAR!!!!!!”
 
… … … …
 
“Well, what are we standing around here for?” Sam shouted, heading for the stairs, “Let's go already!”
 
“Hold it!” Future Sam's words again got her attention as Sam turned around just in time to see her transform into her own ghost form, “And just what do you think YOU'RE going to accomplish?”
 
“What do you think?” Sam shot back, before turning back to the stairs, “Someone's got to go out there and help Danny.”
 
“Oh, you think so, do you? You've had your powers for all of five minutes and now you're just going to rush off?” Future Sam noted with an amused smirk, “What, just because you've seen Danny do it a few dozen times, you think you know how it works? You're not ready to roll with THIS! Come on, in the shape you're in, even the Box Ghost could take you on right now!”
 
“NO WAY!!!” Sam shouted, whirling around with a glare of defiance. But it was only a moment that she realized the perspective of the room had changed. Why did she suddenly seem…smaller? Just then, she looked down and realized, much to her surprise, that her phasing powers had triggered and she was now waist deep into the floor! Looking back up to see Future Sam looking down at her with a stern gaze, all Sam seemed only able to respond with a nervous chuckle.
 
“Oh yeah, you're just a force to be reckoned with, aren't you?” Future Sam stated sarcastically before pulling her out of the floor and following up with a heavy sigh, “H'ooookay, there's only one thing to do now.”
 
“What's that?” Jazz asked curiously.
 
“I'm gonna have to take her into the Ghost Zone and get her some training,” Future Sam replied, “Brush her up on the basics, at least enough so that she can be HALF useful out there. There's no way we can let her run around like THIS!”
 
“Wait a minute,” Jazz interjected, starting to worry about the consequences of Future Sam being away from the battle even longer, “I thought you said…”
 
“I KNOW what I said,” Future Sam cut her off, looking at her with serious eyes that indicated she understood the situation all too well, “Look, just get back to Tucker and Valerie. Help them get everybody safe. And keep an eye on Danny…YOUR Danny. Make sure he stays out of trouble. And while you're at it, make sure ALL of you stay out of the way.”
 
Future Sam then paused momentarily, turning back to Sam.
 
“Now as for you, since you're not down with flying yet and every second counts here…”
 
Future Sam paused in mid sentence as she raised her hand, which began to blaze with orange ecto-energy. Just then, a searing stream of fire burst from her hands, which quickly altered and shifted to take the form of a flaming motorcycle!
 
“…hop on.”
 
“Whoa,” Sam uttered in awe, her lips curling up into an impressed smile as she boarded the bike, “When do I learn how to do THIS?”
 
“Trust me,” Future Sam winced slightly as her voice had a hint of apprehension, “When it happens, you'll know. Now hold on tight.”
 
With that, the two Sams tore into the Ghost Zone, leaving only a fading trail of flame behind. Now alone in the lab, Jazz realized there was nothing left for her to do and headed straight for City Hall to see how she could help.
 
… … … …
 
“So that's pretty much where we stand right now,” Future Sam explained, “I know it's a bit much to swallow, but we could use some help. I know you guys have helped Danny here, so do you think you could give us a hand?”
 
“But of course!” Frostbite, leader of the Far Frozen replied enthusiastically, “We would gladly lay down our very lives to help one of the servants of our beloved Savior of the Ghost Zone!”
 
“Again with the `servants' thing?” Sam rolled her eyes as she murmured through her teeth.
 
“Suck it uuuuup,” Future Sam murmured back before turning her attention back to Frostbite, “Now, have you got a place where we can do this thing?”
 
“Most certainly!” Frostbite answered, “Right this way!”
 
Watching the two Sams walk off with Frostbite, Clockwork was paying close attention to all the players involved as the drama played out. Future Danny was continuing his battle with Dark Danny. He was doing fairly well, but it was now a question of whether or not fatigue would catch up with him. Meanwhile, Clockwork was also keeping an eye on Danny, who had wisely chosen to avoid the battle and help evacuate the closed off section of Amity Park with Tucker and Valerie. But a moment later, a new development arrived that he knew would require his direct involvement.
 
“I know who you are,” he announced in his usual somber tone. He didn't even need to turn around to notice Vlad Plasmius standing in the shadows behind him.
 
“Ah,” Vlad answered with his usual egotistical air as he stepped forward, “How nice to know that even in this remote section of the Ghost Zone, my reputation still precedes me.”
 
“Don't flatter yourself. I know who EVERYONE is.” Clockwork replied back, finally turning to face him, “I do know why you're here though. Do you really have any idea what you would even DO with my power?”
 
“Oh, I'm pretty sure I could think of something,” Vlad replied confidently, “Being the undisputed ruler of all time has a nice ring to it. Along with the added bonus of being able to rewrite history any way I wish to make me ruler of both the Earth AND the Ghost Zone? I like the sound of THAT even more.”
 
“Still refusing to look at the big picture. Of course, how CAN you when you can't even see past your own nose?” Clockwork noted, shaking his head, “Vortex…the Infi-Map…Pariah Dark. Time and again, you've tried to seize control of powers beyond your meager understanding and time and again, you've met with failure. And now you come into my domain with all the forethought of a teenager looking to steal a car for a joyride and brazenly declare that you will take MY power from ME? It would seem that Danny Fenton is quite correct when he calls you…what is that term again? A `fruit loop'?”
 
Vlad only glared in anger at Clockwork's statement as he split himself into his four duplicate forms, ready to do battle! But Clockwork merely stayed where he was, maintaining his stern demeanor.
 
“You don't know anything. This castle is MY world. In here, I make the rules,” he said, raising his Staff of Time, which began to glow. And just then, a bewildered Vlad found his duplication technique strangely reversed, making him one, just as he was a moment ago.
 
“In here…I make the threats.”
 
“No!” Vlad shouted, throwing out his hands and unleashing two Ghost Rays with all the energy he could muster, “The power to rule is my destiny!”
 
Again, Clockwork looked on unconcerned, lifting his Staff of Time as the two Ghost Rays bore down on him! As the staff glowed once more, the Ghost Rays froze in mid air before suddenly reversing back in the direction they'd come! And a stunned Vlad could only gasp as he took the full brunt of his own attack, sending him flying through the wall of Clockwork's castle! But Clockwork would not end the punishment there. Raising his staff yet again, he repeated the last moment in time in a continuous loop, sending Vlad flying through the wall of his castle yet again…and again…and again…until finally, after Vlad went head first through the castle wall for a seventh time, Clockwork finally released him, sending Vlad skidding along the small patch of ground surrounding the base of his castle. Battered beyond measure, Vlad could only lay unconscious on the ground as his body transformed back into its human form.
 
“Hmph! Destiny?” Clockwork mocked grimly as he raised his staff once more, reversing the damage Vlad's impact had done to his castle wall as it repaired itself, “What would a single-minded fool like you POSSIBLY know of destiny?”
 
With that minor nuisance out of the way, Clockwork returned to his observing of the situation unfolding. While he was dealing with Vlad, Sam had apparently followed Future Sam and Frostbite through the realm of the Far Frozen to a coliseum-like structure near the center of their settlement.
 
“Welcome to your training ground!” Frostbite announced, “We all gathered here not long ago to instruct the Great One in the use of his freezing powers!”
 
“Hmmm, not exactly a capacity crowd THIS time, I'm noticing,” Future Sam commented, looking around at the empty building.
 
“In truth, training the Great One in the use of his powers proved to be more…complicated…than anticipated,” Frostbite noted with some apprehension.
 
“Well, don't count on this being much easier,” Future Sam noted, looking over at her “student”, “But we're going to have to accelerate this. So…let's get to work.”
 
… … … …
 
30 seconds…
 
“Okay, the first thing we've got to do is teach you the basics,” Future Sam stated, “Until you get those down, you're not ready to start anything. So the first thing we're going to do is have you try flying. It's a good place to start learning how to concentrate your powers. Concentration is the first step to control.”
 
“Gotcha!” Sam noted before running off down the field and leaping into the air. Unfortunately, she only made it about a foot or two before skidding along the ground and receiving a faceful of snow. Future Sam could only sigh and veer away in Frostbite's direction.
 
“Be honest,” she whispered to him, “You saw that coming, didn't you?”
 
Frostbite merely replied with a shy nod.
 
… … … …
 
45 minutes, 53 seconds…
 
“Okay the next thing we're going to do is have you phase through objects,” Future Sam stated, “Flying was a good way to teach you concentration, and you're going to need even more of that here, so whatever you do, don't just go running into…”
 
Unfortunately, her words were cut off as Sam burst forward, flying straight into a large boulder! Future Sam could only sigh as she turned her back to the scene.
 
“I can't watch,” she whispered to Frostbite, “Tell me when it's over.”
 
However, despite Future Sam's lack of confidence, Sam kept right on moving and with a heavy amount of concentration passed right through the boulder as if it was nothing!
 
“Alright!” Sam called out triumphantly, “I did it! I…AAH!”
 
True enough, Sam had indeed phased through the first boulder, but she was so impressed with that accomplishment that she had failed to notice the second boulder right behind it! Future Sam meanwhile, could only stay turned away and sighed as Frostbite winced in response.
 
“Ooo!” he hissed through gritted teeth, “I DO wish I had not seen THAT.”
 
… … … …
 
1 hour, 52 minutes, 23 seconds…
 
“Okay, now here's where things are going to get a little tricky,” Future Sam said, “There's one important thing to note. You have ghost powers that are LIKE Danny's…but they're not ALL the same. There are some differences.”
 
“`Differences'?” Sam replied with a raised eyebrow, “What kind of `differences'?”
 
“You'll see,” Future Sam replied, motioning to a set of targets just a few feet away, “Try firing a Ghost Ray and see what happens.”
 
Sam only shrugged, unsure of what to expect. But it wasn't going to stop her from trying. Concentrating hard, her hand began to glow with green ecto-energy, just like Danny's. So far so good, even when she finally fired a Ghost Ray from her fingers. But she was about to receive a surprise as the Ghost Ray only reached within inches of one of the targets before it suddenly stopped and dropped to the ground, limp as a wet noodle!
 
“Uuuhhh, okay,” Sam noted, scratching her head with her free hand, “Well…this is awkward.”
 
“Try snapping your wrist,” Future Sam instructed.
 
Still unsure, Sam did as she was instructed. And sure enough, as she flicked her wrist, the Ghost Ray sprang to life, snapping like a whip!
 
“Whoa…” she breathed.
 
“See what I'm talking about?” Future Sam replied, “But that's just the start. If you focus enough, you can actually alter the energy and use it in different ways…”
 
Just then, Future Sam sprung into action, flying at top speed towards a pair of small boulders! Her first attack came in the form of whipping out a Ghost Ray strand that left a deep gash in one of the rocks! Suddenly, the strand shrunk down and became rigid like a blade as she burst forward and pierced the boulder right through the center! But then, the energy changed again, looking like sets of claws as her hands tore into the boulder, slicing it into shards of rock with a single slash! Not hesitating for an instant, her right hand whipped out, snapping a set of Ghost Ray strands around the second boulder, wrapping it tightly! Then, pulling hard, she was able to increase her speed as she flew forward, her free hand bursting with ecto-energy as she sent her fist straight at the boulder, smashing the top to bits!
 
“…like so.” she said simply.
 
“Okay,” Sam could only look on in amazement, “That…was unbelievably cool.”
 
“Don't get ahead of yourself,” Future Sam instructed, “Just work on the strands for now and build up from there.”
 
Sam couldn't wait to get started as she fired two Ghost Ray strands from her hands and began to work on controlling them. Future Sam, meanwhile, walked over to Frostbite, who watched the display with keen interest.
 
“An interesting variation,” he noted, “Although it does greatly limit her range. We'll have to make up for that weakness by improving her speed.”
 
“I know,” Future Sam replied, “Hopefully, we'll have a chance to do that.”
 
“Uh, guys?” Sam's voice suddenly got their attention as they both looked over to see her wrapped up in her own Ghost Ray strands! Tightly tangled, Sam was completely bewildered, looking almost like a glowing green mummy before she lost her balance and toppled over.
 
“Little help?”
 
Frostbite immediately went to Sam's aid. Future Sam, meanwhile, could only turn away and sigh heavily.
 
“Uunhh, I KNOW she's trying her best,” she thought out loud as Frostbite struggled to free Sam, “But I don't know how much longer we can stay here. Danny needs me. For all I know, he's already…No, I can't think like that!”
 
Future Sam could only shake her head and try not to think of the worst case scenario as she looked up into the sky. But her expression was mixed with hope and worry.
 
“Just a little longer, Danny,” she whispered, “I'll be there soon. Just…hang on.”
 
… … … …
 
4 hours, 0 minutes, 17 seconds…
 
At least 10 to 15 blocks were lying in ruin as the fight between Future Danny and Dark Danny continued. Future Danny had been doing a fair job of holding Dark Danny off for as long as he had. But as he stumbled out of the smoke from their last exchange, he was clearly beginning to show signs of fatigue. Just then, a Ghost Ray pierced through the smoke and struck Future Danny in the back, sending him rolling along the street!
 
“Hmmm, not quite as confident anymore, are we?” Future Danny stated as he strode from the smoke, battered and bruised himself, but apparently getting a second wind, “Awww, could it be you're actually holding back just because you're afraid of people getting hurt…?”
 
Pausing briefly, Dark Danny grinned evilly as he stood over Future Danny, grabbing the hood of his jacket and lifting him up.
 
“…or maybe you're just not so tough without your girlfriend after all.”
 
“Oh, I don't know,” Future Danny panted, throwing in a slight chuckle that drew a curious look from Dark Danny, “I might still sur-PRISE you!!!”
 
Dark Danny had no way to defend as Future Danny's blazing fist smashed him with an ecto-powered uppercut that sent him straight up, high over the skies of Amity Park! He never even had time to straighten himself out as Future Danny flew above him, blasting him back down with a pair of Ghost Rays, bigger than any he'd fired yet! Still unable to mount a defense, Dark Danny was helpless as he streaked to Earth like a green comet, smashing an enormous crater into the street below! But it was a momentary helplessness as Dark Danny suddenly erupted from the crater with an explosion of ecto-energy!
 
“Unnn…he's dead,” he groaned, staggering to his feet, “WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON HIM, HE'S…uh oh.”
 
Dark Danny had no time to finish his thought as Future Danny came tearing down from the sky feet first, smashing him through the street into the sewers below! The only sound that came after is Dark Danny screaming in agony as a column of green ecto-energy burst into the sky from the hole in the street! Meanwhile, Danny was helping Tucker and Valerie, who had retrieved her armor from Jazz, search the closed off area for any straggling citizens.
 
“This is crazy!” Valerie complained over the radio as Tucker rocketed the Specter Speeder through the streets, “All we're doing is cleanup! We should be out there doing something about this!”
 
“Look, I don't like it either!” Danny replied through the radio, searching another area, “But if it's all we can do, then it's all we can do! You and I both know we wouldn't last five minutes with those two going at it!”
 
“Of course not!” Valerie argued, “How could we have a chance when we can't fight?! We've got no weapons!”
 
“Hmmm,” Tucker had been silent for a while, lost in thought, “Wait a minute…THAT'S IT!”
 
“What's it?” Valerie asked.
 
“Maybe we DO have a weapon!” Tucker answered enthusiastically, “Danny, keep things going here! Valerie and I will be right back!”
 
With that, Tucker turned the Specter Speeder around and headed back into the city with Valerie, leaving Danny alone with his confusion.
 
… … … …
 
4 hours, 5 minutes, 58 seconds…
 
“So,” Future Sam stated, “Think you're a little better off now?”
 
In her human form, Sam didn't answer at first, standing in the middle of the coliseum that was riddled with small craters, rock shards and smashed targets. But after closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, she flashed a confident smile as she transformed and sprang into action! Spiraling around, her hand flashed forward, releasing a Ghost Ray strand that easily sliced through one of the few standing targets! Shrinking it into a blade, she burst forward, slashing through another standing target! Then she whipped around, wrapping a third target in a set of Ghost Ray strands and yanking it towards her before encasing her fist in a cocoon of ecto-energy and smashing the target to splinters! Then, just to prove that she could do it, she looked over at Future Sam and Frostbite, turned invisible and flew right at them, phasing through their bodies before appearing behind them!
 
“What you YOU think?” she asked, crossing her arms confidently.
 
“Splendid!” Frostbite noted, “A most notable improvement in such a relatively short amount of time!”
 
“Yeah…but don't get cocky,” Future Sam added with a smirk, “You won't be giving Pariah Dark any sleepless nights. But at least now you've got a chance of going out there and not getting killed. So…wanna get out of here?”
 
“You know it!” am answered enthusiastically, before turning to Frostbite, “Hey, thanks for everything. It really helped.”
 
“Not at all! It was our pleasure!” Frostbite replied, “Now go forth and help the Great One on his path to victory!”
 
“Believe me, that's pretty much the plan,” Future Sam replied as she and Sam took off, waving goodbye before returning to the situation at hand, “Okay, we've got to move! At this point, both our Dannys are going to need all the help they can get!”
 
Meanwhile, Vlad had managed to regain some of his strength as he weakly floated through the Ghost Zone. But he had still hardly recovered from the horrible beating he had suffered at the hands of Clockwork. And being stuck in an area of the Ghost Zone that was relatively unknown to him, he was unsure of which way to go to find a way back to Earth.
 
“Blast!” he muttered to himself as he winced in pain, “So close to absolute power and yet so far! And now I can't even get back through my Ghost Portal! Now what do I…huh?”
 
Just out of the corner of his eye, Vlad managed to catch a glimpse of both Sam and Future Sam flying through the Ghost Zone at top speed!
 
“Is that the Manson girl? Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I see she decided not to waste any time getting in on the act,” he said to himself. Of course, it took him only a moment to realize that they must be headed for the Fentons' Ghost Portal!
 
“Hmmm, maybe I DO have a way out after all,” he said as he picked up speed, following them both to potential freedom.
 
“So…have you thought about what Danny's going to say when he sees you like this?” Future Sam noted, “After all, it's not like you're going to be able to keep this from him.”
 
“I…guess I'll just have to burn that bridge when I come to it,” Sam replied, realizing only at that moment that she hadn't really considered how she was going to let him know, but choosing to ignore it in light of more pressing matters, “Let's just move it, okay?”
 
With that, Sam picked up the pace and started to fly even faster towards the portal. Realizing that she was perhaps trying to outrun the issue, Future Sam could only give an amused smirk as she also picked up speed and continued moving.
 
“He's not gonna liiike iiiit,” Future Sam noted, rolling her eyes mockingly and shrugging her shoulders as Sam scowled back at her, “I'm just saying.”
 
It would only be a few minutes later that they reached the portal and neither Sam nor Future Sam gave a moment's pause as they flew through to the other side and phased through the lab, heading straight into the battle! Vlad meanwhile, was much more cautious as he poked his invisible head through the portal to make sure no one was around before coming all the way through. At least he was out of the Ghost Zone. Still, he had no earthly idea what to do next. All of his planning had hinged on acquiring Clockwork's powers of time control. Without that, all his other intentions simply faded into nothing.
 
Just then, he noticed the pair of gloves that Maddie had warned Danny about earlier. And with only his failure to occupy his mind, he chose to drown his disappointment with curiosity. Of course, Vlad had no way of knowing what the gloves did, so as he reached out for them, he suddenly found himself jolted across the lab into the far wall!
 
“Oh, great! That was ALL I needed!” he yelled as he snapped to his feet, ready to blast the gloves into oblivion with a Ghost Ray! But as he realized what the gloves did, he suddenly felt very thoughtful.
 
“Hmmm,” he said to himself, a wicked grin crossing his lips, “You know, with a few slight adjustments…Oooohohohohooo, Jack Fenton, you may be a fat oaf, but sometimes, you make me just the coolest toys!”
 
His enthusiasm getting the better of him, Vlad instinctively reached for the gloves again only to yell in pain as he suddenly found himself shocked across the lab yet again!
 
“Assuming of course, that I can actually PLAY WITH THEM!!!”
 
… … … …
 
Back inside the closed off area, Both Dark Danny and Future Danny seemed to be on their last legs. In fact, they both seemed completely exhausted as all they could do was glare at each other! Whatever happened, it seemed that the first person to land the next blow would be the victor in this contest.
 
It also seemed that Dark Danny was the faster of the two! Using everything he had left, he forced out his hands and prepared to unleash a devastating Ghost Ray at Future Danny, who still seemed unable to defend himself! But before he could fire, a white flash passed between them and Dark Danny felt a powerful blow connect with the side of his face! Back and forth, it flashed past him, striking Dark Danny repeatedly until he finally fell to his knees! Now beaten to exhaustion, he could barely lift his head to see Future Sam standing between him and Future Danny, back to full strength and ready to go!
 
“Sorry, pal,” she announced, “But here comes a new challenger!”
 
“It took you long enough,” Future Danny groaned, now as annoyed as he was tired.
 
“Hey, I'm sorry,” Future Sam argued, “Tell you what, next time I'LL fight the bad guy and YOU can recover from the concussion! Besides, there was something else I needed to deal with too.”
 
“Great! Now what?!” Dark Danny muttered to himself, “I was barely holding my own against just HIM! Now SHE'S back in the picture too! There's no way I can fight them BOTH!”
 
“Oh, if I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about that,” Future Sam replied, snapping her fingers as a signal to Future Danny, who slowly reached behind him and pulled a small disk from his coat. With the press of a button, the disk expanded into a cylindrical object that he immediately handed off to Future Sam.
 
“You're not going to be around that long.”
 
Looking at the object in her hands, Dark Danny's eyes could only go wide in shock and frustration! He already knew what it was! A few of the designs may have changed, but there was no doubt that it definitely looked like a…Fenton Thermos!
 
“New and improved,” Future Sam continued with a smirk, “I don't think you'll be getting out of this one anytime soon.”
 
Dark Danny could only growl in anger at his helpless state! There was no way he had the strength left to avoid his fate! But just as Future Sam was about to activate the Thermos, Tucker and Valerie arrived in the Specter Speeder!
 
“You've got to be kidding!” Future Sam yelled, “What are you two doing here?!”
 
“We thought you might need this!” Tucker called as he ran out with Valerie, holding a familiar looking cube, “I thought we could use it to keep him locked up like you did with us!”
 
Unfortunately, Dark Danny heard Tucker's words and immediately became thoughtful.
 
“Well, as you can see, we really DON'T need that!” Future Sam argued, “So get out of here NOW! You two have more important things to worry about!”
 
“Well, SOR-RY!” Tucker shot back, “We were just trying to help!”
 
“No kidding…” Dark Danny smirked as he turned invisible, phasing through the street! Future Sam tried to activate the Thermos to capture him, but she was a split second too slow! Looking around desperately, no one could see where Dark Danny had vanished to until he suddenly appeared behind Tucker and Valerie, snatching the cube from Tucker's hand and blasting both of them with a Ghost Ray, knocking them both unconscious! Before Future Sam could react, Dark Danny activated the cube, trapping her and Future Danny in the same Ghost Shield that they had trapped Danny and the others in earlier!
 
“…thanks for the help.”
 
Dark Danny smiled, then chuckled and finally, howled to the sky with wicked laughter! And with no way out, Future Sam and Future Danny could only look on in helpless desperation.