Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Danny Phantom -- Return of The Reign ❯ Alissa's Rage ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Uh-oh...
Just plain uh-oh...

What happens in this chapter is just plain BAD! Also, you may find a particular scene in this chapter highly familiar to a great horror story, but don't call me a thief! The scene isn't exactly the same, just greatly inspired by it!
Also, what nearly happens to Danny can be seen as rather dark, and is actually a great personal fear of my own...but it adds to the intensity of the story, and besides, it's HIS show! He's gonna be fine!
Finally, you might find this chapter extremely intense because the kids in the school are honestly brought into danger. Not just having their foods smack against them due to a ghost's power, but honestly getting hurt...just a little warning! (And maybe a spoiler...)

Please enjoy!
 
~~CHAPTER SIX~~
~~ALISSA'S RAGE~~
 
“Hey, Babe!”

Danny turned to see Alissa running up to him. “Ali, hey! You came back, too?” He asked.

The both of them were walking through the halls of Casper High, where people were adding finishing touches to the school for the big dance tonight. [1] As Alissa tried to find Danny, some kids, who had seen last night's new, were repeatedly asking her if what they saw was true, what they saw about her and the Ghost Boy. Alissa had been trying to elude them all. (Paulina seemed upset that another girl was getting attention and tried to explain that she, too, has had interactions with the Ghost Boy, though she went unnoticed…possible because she had already been bragging about that throughout the whole school year.)

“Well, yeah…” Alissa said as she stopped walking and slammed her back against the lockers, her hands in her pockets. “Mostly since we didn't even get a chance to do anything because you spent most of the day trying to find me…and hiding from…Dash, was it?”

Danny nodded. “But don't feel bad, Ali; I doubt there was anything we'd be interested to do, anyway…besides…” Danny started to jab his elbow into Alissa's arm with a sly face. “Shouldn't you be heading over to the Auditorium to see if a certain someone's beautiful voice caused her to win the chance to perform onstage at the dance?”

Alissa blushed darkly and looked down, skewing her lips. She heightened her eyes a little though, but kept them from Danny. “…Beautiful?” She murmured, blushing harder. She then shook her head, snapping herself out of it. “Uh…maybe later. Right now, I just wanna grab a tube of glitter for the rooms and…calm down a little from yesterday…” Danny looked sad and was about to say something before he heard his name called. Both he and Alissa turned to see Summer, Tucker, and Sam walking up to them. They both glared.

“Hey, you guys. We…” Summer started.

“Summer, don't.” Danny said sternly. “Just because we had another ghost invasion and worked together to save our ghost friends doesn't mean that we forgot what you guys did.”

“We know…and we came to say that we were sorry.” Summer said.

“…Really?” Danny asked in surprise.

“Yeah…we know what we did was wrong and an invasion of privacy…” Sam said, rather more quietly than Summer. Alissa heightened her eyebrows in surprise, but they went back down some; she wasn't about to forgive so easily.

“Ali, you know I love you, girl…I didn't mean to hurt you that badly, but I'm just that rotten a girl sometimes…but your friendship's so dear to me that I wanna get rid of that snooping bad girl attitude as much as possible.” She went on as she walked up to Alissa. “Oh, and by the way, Tucker was telling the truth; he didn't really wanna come along.” Tucker nodded quickly.

In turn, Alissa looked down. She could tell that Summer's words were true, but she was still angry. She looked back up at the three and saw Sam in the corner of her eyes. Suddenly, a great, stinging pain made itself known right in the center of her heart. With a hiss, she clutched her chest.

“Ali?!” Everyone cried. Alissa stumbled backwards, her hand still at her chest.

“I…I…a--AAH!” Alissa cried, slamming her hand against the row of lockers to keep her balance, panting.

“Ali, what's wrong?!” Danny's voice rang through her slightly numb head.

“I'm…I'm fine…I just…I just need to sit down…” Alissa spoke finally. “…I think I saw an open classroom by the Nurse's Office…I'm gonna go sit down at a desk…” She murmured as she staggered away, her hand running down the lockers as she walked.

“Ali, wait!” Sam called, reaching for her. She managed to grab her shoulder, but Alissa immediately slapped her hand off. “Don't touch me, Sam!” She yelled.

Sam had lost her balance and she was about to fall to the floor, but Danny ran right behind her and caught her in his arms.

This caused Alissa's eyes to widen, but they then narrowed, glimmering red. The side of her mouth opened a crack, showing her gritted teeth, and her hands balled into fists and started to shake. Suddenly, she brought one of her fisted hands up to the Goth, only a finger was pointing out. “I wish you'd just DIE, Sam!” She cried and then ran away again. Soon, she disappeared by turning a corner.

All the kids simply stared at the empty space where Alissa once was, eyes wide. Sam's eyes were the widest and she pulled herself away from Danny. Crossing her arms, as if trying to not let what Alissa said get to her, she said, “She's gotta stop running away like that…”

Danny turned back to the others. “What the heck was that?”

“Why are you asking us?” Tucker asked. “Isn't she your new girlfriend now?”

Danny widened his eyes, typically not noticing the heightening of Sam's eyes as well. Danny looked down. “…I never said that…”

“But weren't you two gonna k--”

Sam grabbed Tucker's hat and threw it at his face. “Let it GO now.”

“Sam's right. You guys…go do whatever you were gonna do. I'm going after Ali.” Danny said, quickly turning on his heel toward the Nurse's Office.

“I'm going after them.” Summer said, quickly speeding off.

Tucker shrugged. “Might as well follow.” He said, taking Sam by the wrist and going after the three.

Unfortunately, Danny was a bit too fast for Summer and she soon lost sight of him. As Danny headed in the right direction, he slowed some to catch his breath. Just then, however, he felt two bulgy hands grab his arms. He yelped in surprise and turned his eyes around to face his attacker. “D--Dash!”

One of Dash's posse members then swung open the door to the Janitor's Closet, and Dash threw Danny inside. Dash then snickered as he slammed the door shut, locking it. “Let's hope your sweet little dance date comes to your rescue, Fen-Turd!” He said nastily as he and his friend walked away, laughing.

“DASH! DASH, LET ME OUT! DAAAASH!” Danny screamed as he pounded his fist against the door. It was incredibly dark in the closet; not to mention small and rather…scented.

Also, unbeknownst to anyone, including Dash and Danny himself, because the room was so small, oxygen would slowly become harder to obtain…

~

Alissa sat down heavily on the farthest desk in the classroom. What just happened? Her head settled itself on the desk, her hair hanging over it. With a sigh, she somewhat brought it back up, placing her hand on her cheek to hold it up, her other hand drawing meaningless symbols on the desk with its finger. Well, yeah, I'm angry, but I don't usually hold grudges…then again, nor do I have a huge sting in my chest when that angry…

Alissa got up from the desk and slowly walked around the classroom. I didn't feel that pain when looking at Summer, though…it happened when I glanced at…at Sam…She felt her eyes wince at that name. I don't get it. I don't hate her, or anything like that…do I? On the other hand, I don't often tell people I don't hate that I wanted them to die…She took in a shuddering breath. It's like I'm most angry with her for spying on me…but it was Summer's idea! She ran her hands through her hair, her head hurting. Well…Sam's got a mega crush on Danny…I know she does…the whole school knows…Summer spied on me just to be nosy…Sam spied on me because…She heightened her eyes slightly. …Because she was jealous…jealous…of me…boy, does that feel weird…

Alissa continued to walk around the room. I knew. I knew Sam liked Danny the same way I do…and maybe just as badly. That never really bothered me before…so…why now? She planted herself down on the chair in front of the teacher's desk, spinning around in it as she resumed thinking. Maybe…maybe because of that Gregor kid Danny told me about? (I must remind myself to ask Danny what happened to that guy later…) He told me that she ended up crushing on him…and that makes me sick for some reason…probably because, unlike Danny, I know that Sam likes him, and it seems wrong in my eyes to just start ogling at some other guy…

Alissa felt her fingers dig deeper into the rim of the seat. And I care about Danny, just like her, and as such, I could never understand how she could look at anyone other than him! Besides, how could she make such a big deal over Danny, getting extremely jealous over any other girl who even looks at him in a certain way, and even going as far as spying on him, if her devotion just ends up not being as loyal as she makes it look and she goes after another guy?! She took in a sharp breath by hissing, and then exhaled heavily. But…besides this frustration I'm feeling toward her, there's something else…something similar to frustration, and somehow link between her and Danny…but nothing could…unless…I'm not…I'm not jealous of her like she is me, am I?! No way! Impossible! The only way I could be jealous of Sam is if…is if Danny liked her back…but he doesn't! I know he doesn't! …Does he?

Alissa stopped spinning in the seat and her mind did a rewind to back when Danny told her that he spied on Gregor and Sam, and how quickly he said that it was only because he was suspicious of Gregor. He knew about Alissa's feelings for him, so of course he wouldn't want her to know about him liking someone else…

But…

NO! Alissa thought, letting her heart take over her mental speaking. No, Danny, NO! You can't like her back! You just can't!! Sam…Sam doesn't deserve you! She blinked and furrowed her eyebrows at what she just thought. She then chuckled mockingly at herself. Listen to me…I make Danny sound like he's some kind of prince! She then got up from the chair and walked over to the window, her eyes starting to glaze over. Well…to me, he's a prince…  

“Ali!”
 
Alissa gasped and turned at the sound of her name, seeing a panting Summer holding onto the door hinge. Tucker and Sam quickly followed.
 
“What're you…”
 
“Danny followed you, so we followed him!” Sam said between pants. She then looked around. “…He's not here?”
 
“No, it's just been me this entire time…”
 
“…Then where the heck is he?” Tucker asked.
 
 
“…Please…someone…anyone…help me…”
 
 
Alissa immediately shot her head up. “DANNY!”
 
Everyone turned to her.

“I don't know how…or why…but I can feel him…and…and he's in trouble!” Alissa tore past the three and practically rocketed down the hall.

“Aww, man, not more running!” Tucker whined as he and the other two followed the redhead.

Alissa pulled out her black choker and held it up, trying to find Danny's ectoplasmic signature with it. Sure enough, the center jewel started to glow red. She slowed some, but still kept a fretful figure. She heard slightly weak banging from a nearby door. She turned to see that it was a Janitor's Closet. “D--Danny?!” She screeched running toward it. “Babe!! Babe, are you in there?!”

**(PSST! This symbol means that, if this was a real episode, we're not leaving the scene altogether, but we're going to a different location in the scene. For example, right now, this means that we're moving inside the Janitor's Closet, where's Danny's banging on the door.)

“Ali? Is that you? Please, get me outta here!” Danny begged.

**

Alissa quickly grasped the door handle. Locked…jeez, I'm stupid…

Alissa picked her head up however when she heard her beloved coughing harshly.

**

“Ali…what're you--(*Cough*)--doing?”

**

“Uh…u h…” Alissa then grabbed the handle tighter with both hands, placing her foot against the wall. “Hang on, Danny, hang on!” She called as she pulled the knob.

Summer, Sam, and Tucker made it to the Janitor's Closet, gasping at what they saw. “Guys! Guys, help me!!” Alissa cried, tears framing her peach face. Immediately, Summer ran to Alissa and wrapped her arms around her waist. Tucker wrapped his arms around Summer's waist, and Sam wrapped her arms around Tucker's waist.  

“PULL!” Alissa shouted, and they all did, Sam slipping a little and Summer practically squeezing Alissa's waist, but she barely felt it.

“You guys…Ali…help…

Alissa gasped, her eyes wide, as she heard Danny's voice become weaker.

**

Coughing, Danny's figure slowly started to lower, his fists no longer hitting the door; instead, his fingers started to slowly run down the wood of the door. With a final cough, he completely fell to the ground.

**

Alissa no longer heard Danny's voice, but she did hear a THUD from the ground, and she could feel that he was weaker than before.

Alissa had stopped moving, and the other three wondered what was happening, but they were all suddenly thrown to the ground as Alissa cried out as she once more pulled at the knob, her tears flowing faster.
 
KER-SNAP!
 
The three watched in befuddlement as the doorknob fell to the ground, a piece of the wood from the door with it. “She didn't…” Sam slowly said. “…She couldn't have…”

Alissa hadn't lost her balance after the knob come off; as soon as it hit the ground she ran through the door and pulled out the heavily gasping Danny Fenton.

“DANNY!!” The three screamed as they ran to him. Alissa fell to her knees and placed Danny's head on her lap.

“Danny, answer me, please!” Alissa cried, her left hand holding his right as he continued to gasp and cough. Her hand started to squeeze his hand as she continued to fret. “Danny, who did this to you?!”

“A-HA!”

The four of them looked up to see Dash and his posse coming up to them. “YOU?! YOU DID THIS?!”

“Man, I didn't think Fenton could look more pathetic!” Dash laughed.

“Dude, it was just a stinkin' closet!” One of the other guys said.

“You're a wimp!” Another said.

All of them burst out laughing.

“You…YOU OVER-MUSCLED MONKEYS!!” Summer screamed at them; nobody messed with either Alissa or Danny…so it would be a HORRIBLE mistake to mess with both at the same time. She then grabbed one of their arms, not even totally sure what she was planning to do with it. She was just blindly angry.

“Hey, lay off, you Punk freak!” The guy said, attempting to shake her off, but her grip was iron. Tucker and Sam got up and tried to pry Summer off, but she just refused to open her fingers.

As all this was happening, all the other kids who decided to add finishing touches to the school come to this hallway from both sides and saw the madness. They all gasped and stared at the scene, especially at Summer, who tried to punch a hole into one of the Jock's head. Then most of their gazes went down to the kneeling Alissa and the gasping Danny. He coughed a little and inhaled harshly, but he stopped breathing in for a split second, as if choking, and coughed again.

“Babe!” Alissa cried, grabbed him and pulled his head to her shoulder. She then wrapped her arms around him in a desperate embrace.

The other kids, who didn't know what was going on nor did they know what caused Danny to be in such a state, but were just as shallow as most other adolescents, saw the rather “humorous” hug scene and started to laugh. Alissa turned to them with a look of horror in her jade green eyes. “W--why are you laughing?! You don't understand! Danny got locked in a closet! If we didn't get there in time, Danny would've…”

Laughter. Nothing but laughter. The kind of laughter she realized she hated. Didn't they understand? Any of them?!

“But…but…but…!!” She kept trying to speak, but was interrupted by their laughter increasing in volume. Alissa brought her hands to her head, holding it, squeezing her eyes shut. “WHY WON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!”  

~

When Alissa reopened her eyes, there was only darkness. With an exhale of surprise, she looked down to see that Danny was no longer on her lap. She quickly stood up and looked around. “Danny?!” She cried out, her skin crawling at how long the echo of her voice lasted. She slowly walked what she felt was forward, but couldn't tell what she was walking on.

It was simply black. Simple darkness. No light, no people, not a thing. Alissa could hear nothing but her footsteps and her heart beating. “Anyone?!” She called. She shivered; right now, raucous laughter would be better than this.

“Ah…you've finally begun to embrace your true self.”

With a gasp, Alissa quickly turned her head to where she thought she heard the voice, but saw nothing. “…Whoever you are…where am I? And what do you mean `true self?'”

“You can't feel the power burning within you?”

“…Right now, I can't feel much of anything…I'm kinda numb.”

There was a short chuckle. The voice sounded female, like herself if older. “Oh…forgive me…you don't want to hear any laughter, do you? Not after what just happened…”

“Huh? Oh…well…they didn't know…”

“Didn't know…or didn't care?

Alissa gasped at that, feeling a familiar cold sensation wrap around her heart. She bit her lip. “Uh…c--c'mon! That's stupid! They're just high school kids! They don't know any better! I--I mean, do you know how badly some kids are taught today? I saw this one kid who thought that the first American president was Abraham Lincoln!” [2]

Alissa was still unable to see the other person, but she couldn't help but feel that the mysterious other was shaking their head in sympathy. “Do you really believe that?” They said. Alissa bit her lip harder; she knew how ridiculous that sounded, these kids were not murderers, but…

She heard fingers snap.

She then heard raspy breathing. “DANNY!!” She screamed, turning and running the boy, who had suddenly appeared in the darkness and was lying down on his back, his hand on his chest as he tried to breathe.

Alissa fell to her knees and held Danny in her arms.

“You see what has been done to this innocent boy?” The voice spoke once more. “How could they do this to your adored companion, young Alissa? Don't you think he deserves better than that?”

Alissa's grip on Danny tightened as he continued to gasp and wheeze; tears started to leak from her eyes. She could hear and feel her heart beginning to pound harder and faster. What was this dark feeling washing over her?

“Don't you understand? People with such cold-bloodedness should be penalized! And you are being given the power to do it! Will you accept it?”
  
Alissa said nothing as the tears flowed down her face, but a growl escaped her lips.

~

Summer screamed as she was thrown back against the lockers, but she immediately bounced back up and literally threw the Jock to the floor.

“Check them out!” One of the students laughed.

Summer then swung her fist across the Jock's face, which caused him to cry out and hold his nose, which started to darken from bruising.

“Why, you little…” One of the other Jocks said, reaching for Summer. Before she could defend herself, however, something rushed toward the Jock's head extremely fast and hit it, knocking him out. The object fell to the ground and revealed itself to be a locker door.

Everybody turned when they heard the sound of something else hitting the ground, which ended up being a combination lock, and it landed right by Danny and Alissa. Danny had stopped gasping for breath and was now completely out, and Alissa…her head was facing Danny, but it slowly raised to show that her eyes were flashing red, and then just completely turned red.

All the kids turned when they heard another combination lock rattling. It was completely covered in black energy. It snapped off, allowing the locker, which was now also covered in dark energy, to come free and smack the head of another Jock, knocking him out.

The other kids started to back away in fear, some muttering, “What the heck is going on?!” Summer, Sam, and Tucker, however, just stared wide-eyed at Alissa, who slowly started to stand up, her face showing nothing but rage, her eyes no longer a lovely green but a malicious crimson. As more lockers started attacking the kids, they started to scream and cry for help.

Suddenly, one of the wide ceiling lamps started to flicker and go out. It then fell, almost crushing some of the students had they not moved. However, Paulina and Star weren't fast enough, and, though they weren't crushed, their legs were unable to evade the lamp, and as they cried out in pain, they also went unconscious; most likely due to the fact that the lamp still held some of the dark energy that caused it to fall.

Meanwhile, in other parts of the school, other things either smashed or fell or were destroyed somehow, causing all the hard work to make the school look like a place to dance in to be eradicated. Windows shattered, balloons burst, and anything else fragile smashed to smithereens.

“ALI?!” Summer screeched, running to her friend. “ALI, IS THIS YOU?!” However, as she came up to her, a black lightening beam shot from Alissa's body and struck Summer right in the chest, pushing her back against Sam and Tucker and they both fell to the ground; Summer was too paralyzed to move, so neither could Sam or Tucker.

As more and more students ran around screaming, Mr. Lancer and some of the other teachers came out and saw the insanity. “What in the name of…?!” Lancer started to say, but Alissa quickly turned her head toward the teachers, and chills ran down their spines; some even backing away a little.

Alissa simply brought her hand out and aimed it at the adults. Dark energy surrounded it and then shot out toward the teachers. They cried out and fell to the ground in a large heap.

Alissa quickly turned her head back to the kids. More dark energy poured from her body and caused objects to snap off the walls or other rooms and come to this particular hall to attack the students, some the objects being locker doors and locks, paint cans and brushes, erasers, chairs, and even more of the ceilings lamps.

Soon, they were all knocked out, except for Summer, Sam, Tucker…and Dash. He stared at Alissa, backing away, no longer attempting to hide his fear. Screaming, he turned and tried to run away, but Alissa pulled her black-energy-colored hand back out and aimed it at Dash, who's leg was then surrounded by dark energy. It grabbed it and caused him to fall flat on his face. He screamed as she pulled him back toward her using the dark energy as a rope.

Dash tried to crawl away, but all his nails did was leave tracks in the floor. Irritated all the same, Alissa slowly walked toward him. She quickly whipped her hand up, causing Dash to stand up his straight, his terrified blue eyes forced to stare into merciless crimson.

As this was happening, Danny slowly started to come to. He groaned as he picked up his head and blinked his eyes, trying to get rid of his blurred vision. His eyes finally cleared, seeing Alissa…holding Dash up with dark energy in the middle of a destroyed hallway and scattered unconscious students?

“Do you know what it feels like?” Alissa asked darkly in a distorted voice. [3]

“W--what…what feels like?” Dash asked shakily.

“Not being able to breathe.”          ;

Just then, Alissa grabbed Dash by his thick throat and squeezed. Dash gasped, or at least, attempted to; it mostly came out as a wheeze.

“Do you know what it feels like NOW?!” Alissa roared. “HOW IS IT?! HOW DOES IT FEEL?!”

Dash tried to say something, but was too busy wheezing.

“ANSWER ME!!”

“ALI, STOP!!”


Alissa, Summer, Sam, and Tucker all gasped and turned as they saw Danny quickly rushing toward the girl. He grabbed her wrists and pushed her against what was left of the lockers, causing the energy around Dash to fade and him to gasp and groan as he fell to the ground before blacking out.

“What're you DOING?!” Danny cried. “O--or better yet, what've you already DONE?!” He said as he motioned toward everything that was either destroyed or unconscious.

“Relax, will you?” Alissa said with a smile. “When they all reawaken, they will only see this destruction as the work of the rogue ghost attacks, and think of their memories of what I have done as a mere dream.”

“A dream they all had at once?” Sam asked, raising an eyebrow.

YOU WILL BE SILENT!” Alissa roared as another dark electricity beam came out and hit Sam. She cried out; now, just like Summer, she was unable to even lift a finger.

Tucker sighed. “When I said how much I wanted girls to surround me, this wasn't exactly what I had in mind.”

“Do you want to be next?” Alissa asked, her red eyes glowing.

“I'll be good.” Tucker whimpered.

“Ali, STOP ALREADY! Please! What's gotten into you?!” Danny cried. He then started to cough. “Why…did you…” He coughed again and slowly started to descend from Alissa until his body crashed back against the ground.

Alissa simply stared at him with cold crimson eyes, but those slowly started to show…concern. She then brought a fist to her mouth. “What have I…?” She then blinked, and her eyes were jade green once more when they reopened. “D--Danny!!” She cried as she fell to her knees, holding Danny's body in her arms.  

Summer and Sam realized that they could move again and got up from a very grateful Tucker. Slowly, one by one, the other students started to regain consciousness.

“AAH! OUR LEGS!!” Paulina and Star cried at the same time, pulling their legs from the fallen lamp and then holding them and crying in pain.

Other kids started to cry out in pain the moment they came around, and Alissa, scarcely remembering what she had done, widened her eyes in horror. She then looked around the school, seeing it in practically ruins. SHE had done this…

With a heartbroken cry, Alissa gently set Danny down after giving him a quick kiss on the forehead, quickly got up, and sped out of the building. “I'm so sorry, you guys!” She sobbed as she ran past the three.

They were about to go get her before the teachers started to wake up as well. They gasped when they looked around. “W--what…what happened?” One of them said.

“`What happened?'” Another said in disbelief. “What's BEEN happening, you twit?! This is all because of those ghosts!”

Another of the teachers, who was female, pointed and shrieked at Danny's unconscious form. Summer, Sam, and Tucker quickly ran to him. “Was this because of the ghosts as well?!” The teacher cried, motioning to all the kids who were either groggily getting up or crying in pain.

“Well…yes and no.” Summer said. “Those kids…yes. This kid…no. This kid was because of him.” Summer pointed and sneered at Dash, who was just now coming around, holding his throat and coughing. He turned to look at everyone staring at him. “What?” He asked, surprised at his raspy voice.

“You! Go call the Nurse! She should be home with her husband! Tell him to come, too!!” The female teacher said as she hoisted Danny up. One of the teachers ran to call Mrs. O'Neal, the School Nurse, [4] as Summer, Sam, and Tucker told the teachers about how Dash and his friends locked Danny in the closet, how Alissa saved him (saying that they told her to go home because she was exhausted from trying to get Danny out), and then how everything just went black from there.

As the teachers went to tend to the students and the broken glass, lockers, and…well, everything, Lancer and the female teacher, who turned out to be named Ms. Colette, came to Dash. “Mr. Baxter, after we treat you of your sore throat, I have a very, very strong feeling that not even your touchdowns will save you now…” Ms. Colette said angrily. (She's never been fond of Dash…^^)

Dash gulped. (Though it hurt.)   

~

Alissa ran all the way home. She burst through the door and didn't stop running, even when she went up the stairs to her room; she almost slipped a few times since she was running so fast.

“Alissa, sweetheart, is that you?” David said as he and Kelly emerged from the Kitchen.

“You're home early…did something happen?” Kelly called.

“LEAVE ME ALONE!!” That was the only response they got. David and Kelly looked at each other in shock and confusion.

Alissa ran to her room and collapsed on her bed, crying her eyes out. She wasn't only distraught, she was confused. What had she done? HOW did she do it?!

That voice…that strange and stupid voice caused all this! It brainwashed her! At least…that's what she was trying to tell herself. Who was that voice, anyway? It sounded so familiar…

Alissa then stood on her knees on the bed, her hands gripping the sheets. More tears came out of her eyes. I wouldn't have listened to that stupid voice if DASH didn't make me so FURIOUS!!! She screamed in her mind, but she then turned her head toward her window, which had shattered. She screamed and ran under the covers of her bed, covering her entire body, crying still.

After a long while, she had pulled the covers from her body and looked at the window again. The glass was back! As if some strange force had fixed it…

She gasped and turned to her computer (why it was still on even when she left, she mentally slapped herself for) when she heard the sound signaling that a call was trying to get through. She jumped off her bed and allowed the call through. Just then, web-cam windows that showed Summer, Sam, and Tucker popped up. She sighed with a weak smile. “Hey, you guys…what happened?”

“Well, luckily for us, Lancer actually listened when we said that Dash did something wrong and now he's getting punished…we don't know how yet, but we're just hoping it's good.” Sam said.

“I'm hoping for expulsion.” Summer said, crossing her arms with a bitter look. “But preparing for a month's Detention.” [4]

“I see…” Alissa said. She then gasped. “Danny! Where's Danny?!” She cried, noticing that a window was missing.

“He's…” Sam said. “…He's still at the Nurse's Office…I was told that the whole incident caused a great stress in both his brain and body, or something like that, and he needs as much rest as possible. She said we were lucky; if we didn't get there in the next few minutes, Danny might not have made it…”  

Alissa brought a fist to her mouth, covering it. Sam managed to smile a little, though. “And when we said that it was you who first went to his rescue, she called you a true, loyal friend…”

This brought comfort to Alissa, but little; she was still incredibly shaken by everything that had just happened. “I don't get it. Why didn't Danny just use his ghost powers to get out?”
 
“Maybe he panicked.” Summer said. “I don't think people think properly when panicked, especially not when their mind's still on something else, and he was still thinking about finding y--” The Punk immediately stopped, realizing that she probably shouldn't finish that sentence. She bit her lip, however, when she saw Alissa's head drop slightly.
 
“The school…what about the school?” Alissa then asked, bringing her head back up.

“Well…” Tucker started. “Obviously, the school dance has been postponed due to near destruction of the school…” Tucker covered his mouth, realizing too late that what he had said was not the best choice. Summer groaned, Sam slapped her forehead, and Alissa's face was plain, though sadness was clear in her eyes.

Tucker quickly spoke again. “They're currently asking the kids anything they remember, and all they remember was a dark figure with dark red eyes hurting them…” Alissa's hand gripped the mouse tighter as he spoke. “But they all think it was a ghost, so…don't worry; you're not a suspect.”

“`DON'T WORRY?!'” Alissa shrieked, banging her fist against the table the keyboard was on so hard, the other kids shuddered from the volume of it even through the web-cam. “TUCKER, I NEARLY DESTROYED MORE THAN HALF THE SCHOOL WITH UNEXPLAINABLE POWERS SINCE I WAS STILL A HUMAN AND NEARLY KILLED SOME OF THE KIDS THERE, ESPECIALLY DASH!! HOW DARE YOU TELL ME NOT TO WORRY!!”

Alissa started panting, but then blinked, seeing the aghast faces of her friends. She sighed heavily. “You guys…I'm so…so sorry…I don't what's happening to me…to tell you guys the truth, this isn't the first time this has happened lately…well, actually, it was the first time I went on a total rampage like that, but not the first time my powers have gone out of control…but that's one thing I don't understand! How could I've done all that anyway without being Lisa Phantasm?”

“…Maybe there was a glitch in the choker's power?” Tucker suggested.

All the girls glared at him. “SPEAK IN A LANGUAGE THAT DOESN'T INCLUDE TECHNO TALK!!” They all cried. Tucker looked extremely frightened with his teeth showing in fear, and he quickly ducked out of sight.

“But I think I get what he's saying.” Summer said, turning back to Alissa. “Maybe you've been using the choker so often, its power are starting to seep into you?” She tried.

Alissa just gave her another plain-yet-sad gaze. “Thanks for trying, Summer, but if its powers were starting to mess with my body, I think I'd know.” Her hands started to shake before balling into fists. “I just don't understand! What's happening to me?! I just got really, really, REALLY angry and scared about everything that just happened, and the next thing I know, I GO CARRIE ON EVERYBODY!!” [5] She then covered her face. “And Danny…Danny strained himself…trying to stop me…” Her body started to tremble as sobs escaped.

“Ali, we…I…”

“Please…just leave me alone now…” Alissa said as she pressed a certain button.

“ALI!” They all cried out before their windows disappeared from the computer screen. After completely turning her computer off, Alissa sighed heavily and walked back to her bed, collapsing on it again. She picked up her head, though, when she heard a knock come to her door. “Yeah?”

David stepped inside. “Alissa, sweetie, are you okay? We called you down for Lunch quite a few times…”

“Not hungry.” Alissa said, pulling the covers over her head. David walked over to his daughter's bed and sat down. “Darling…did something happen at school?”

“…Why do you ask?”

“1.) You just ran all the way to your room, barely talking to us…2.) The school called, asking where you were…” Alissa sprung up at that one. “And 3.)…” David then pulled out Alissa's cell phone. “You dropped this when you came home. Danny's still at school and on the other line.”

Alissa stared at the phone with wide eyes, her lip currently being bitten. “…N--no.” She said as she shoved the hand holding the phone away, diving back into her bed.

David was shocked. “Alissa…what happened?”

“I DON'T KNOW, OKAY?!” Alissa screeched, but she stopped when she saw the window glass waver again. She inhaled deeply and sighed heavily. “Daddy…something…something's happening to me…and I don't know what the heck it is…that's all I can tell you…” She said sorrowfully.

David gazed at her and then pulled her in for a hug. “The moment you were born…” He said. “…I knew that you were going to be spectacular.” He pulled away from her and took her chin into his hand. “Everyone keeps saying `You've got your mother's eyes,' but they're wrong…your eyes, and the power that I see them show, are all your own…whatever you claim is changing with you, I know you can make it work…I know that I was right…I know that you're a special girl…your friends see it, too…I have a feeling that you're going to go through something painful, and I wish that I could stop it, but the only one who can is you…and because you are a special girl, I know that you can fend off any painful thing spectacularly.” He kissed her on the forehead and then left the room, answering Danny's call. (Saying that Alissa was sleeping.)

David's words gave extreme comfort to Alissa, and she finally managed to smile. She suddenly realized that she felt extremely sleepy. Without even pulling the blankets back up, her body fell back against the bad, quickly falling asleep.

David looked back into the bedroom to see that his daughter had fallen asleep. With a warm smile, he turned out the light.   

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*Alissa opened her eyes to find herself on the ground. She blinked in confusion when she noticed that her clothes were ragged and torn. She also noticed that the ground she was lying on was red. But then again, she learned, as she looked up, that all the rest of the scenery was red too.

It was the exact same nightmare she was having for a couple of nights now. Amity Park was up in flames and the people were running and screaming from the ghosts flying after them. Also, Lisa Phantasm, who now had long, un-pony-tailed black hair, dark scarlet eyes, and was also holding the Ecto-Blade, seemed to be behind the chaos.   

But this time…the dream was different.

Lisa dove down and attacked the humans. She attacked them so badly that Alissa shrieked and had to look away. She turned and tried to run, but she stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Summer, Sam, Tucker, and all her friends and family on the ground, unmoving. She slowly brought her hands to her mouth. “…No…”

Alissa looked back up to see that Lisa had had her fill of human carnage and simply hovered above the insanity, laughing. Her laughter stopped, however, when she realized that someone was behind her.

“Danny…!” Alissa cried.

It was true. Danny Phantom hovered just behind Lisa. She quickly turned to him, surprised by his presence. His face held such sadness, such begging…he was pleading for her to stop. But all Lisa did was smirk evilly and hold her sword with two hands. She slashed at the Ghost Boy.

Both Danny and Alissa screamed. Danny fell to the ground, bouncing a few times after the first impact with the cracked cement, and skidded across it until he finally came to a complete stop. Alissa ran up to him and tried to help him, but her hands went right through him. “B--Babe!!” She shrieked. Danny got up halfway on his own and brought a hand to his stinging cheek. He pulled it back with a gasp and stared at it when he saw ectoplasm leak from the wound; a ghost's version of bleeding.

Lisa held no sympathy, however, as she descended at lightening speed, attempting to slice Danny in half. He quickly rolled out of the way, though, and tried to fly away, but Lisa fired an energy beam from her sword and it hit Danny square in the back. He cried out in pain and fell back to the ground, his jumpsuit torn and ripped, and his body bleeding ectoplasm everywhere.

Lisa slowly walked toward the weakened boy as he transformed back into his human form. He turned toward her with terrified crystal blue eyes. “…Ali…” Alissa heard him plead weakly.

Lisa's face didn't change as she held the sword above her head. Alissa screamed for her to stop, but, like the very first time she had this dream, Lisa didn't hear her and thrust her sword toward the defenseless boy.

With a frightened, despairing scream, Alissa turned away and collapsed to the ground.

When Alissa opened her eyes again, she was still in the doomed town, but the fires, people, and ghosts were gone. Not even Lisa or Danny were anywhere in sight. She slowly stood up, looking around.

“So we finally meet again…”

With a gasp, Alissa turned to see a dark ripple appear. Out of it stepped a face she could never forget, no matter how hard she tried; the face with the voice that she had always heard in all her other nightmares.

Her eyes narrowed and her hands balled into fists. “…N--NIGHTSHADE!!”

The ghost crossed his arms. “Certainly you mustn't still have hateful feelings towards me for what happened between us, do you?”

Alissa gave him a face that told him that he was unbelievable, but she surprisingly smiled sweetly, much to Nightshade's surprise. She slowly walked over to him, her smile never fading, but she suddenly grabbed the sword he carried at his waist and slashed at his face. He cried out in pain and stumbled backwards, holding the wound he now had. “I don't remember too much from our last meeting, but I felt THAT was called for.” She said with a smirk which quickly turned into a hateful scowl.

Growling, Nightshade pulled his hand away from the cut, which was rapidly closing. Alissa gasped. “Unfortunately for you, this isn't even the real me, so you cannot do much to me with having the joy of it quickly fade.”  

Alissa thought she was going to be sick; whether it was because of Nightshade's wound swiftly closing or because of Nightshade simply being there, not even
sheknew. “What're you DOING?! Why are you sending me these awful dreams about me attacking Danny?!”
 
“My, my, so many questions…never mind asking about the more important matters, such as `Why did you reawaken the Ghost King, enslave the entire Ghost Zone, and then have them attack Amity Park?'” He said mockingly, walking toward her.

Alissa held his sword in front of her in defense. “I--I was gonna ask that next!”         

Nightshade chuckled as he came closer to her. He then snatched his sword back, causing Alissa to back away and even fall to the ground, looking at him in fear. He smiled. “How I missed when you gave me that gaze…” He extended his hand toward her. Alissa stared at it in confusion, then glared at him, and then smacked his hand away, getting back to her feet on her own. “Though I must admit, I simply adore this new manner.” Nightshade spoke again. “Don't worry, my dearest…you'll learn of my motives soon enough, I promise…however, if you still wish to know of what you were doing fighting against the Ghost Boy…”

Nightshade then turned from her, but then turned his face back towards her, showing a malicious smirk that caused Alissa to hold out her arm in defense; she didn't want to admit how badly this ghost still gave her chills. “The answer is simple. You are becoming dark.”

Alissa's mind seemed to snap. Her eyes were wide, but they then narrowed. “You're…you're lying…”

“Ooh, how I wish I was…but alas, the more you use my necklace, the more the ominous side of your very soul shall awaken…and take control.”

“Liar!” Alissa cried. “I've used the choker many times, and this has never happened before! Besides, if that's true, then why did I go off the deep end earlier when I was still a human?!”

“That is true, the spell of the choker was not on your body at that time, but you must remember that Lisa Phantasm is indeed who you are. She is your soul, your fighting spirit…your heart. The choker is what brings her out, remember? However, its very essence of dark energy, what gives it power, is starting to react within your soul,
her, causing the dark side of it to grow stronger; your soul has no need to leave your body when your body is nearby the choker…” Alissa gasped, remembering that the choker was in her pants pocket the whole time.

“…And as for it never happening before…that is because it had no reason to…until now.”

“Well…what's the reason?” Alissa asked, but she then blinked. “…Wait…why the heck am I listening to you?! You could be making this whole stupid story up!”

“Fine…I'll give you proof.” He said, bringing his head up and aiming it at her chest. Suddenly, she saw a black orb appear in front of her heart. She screamed and grabbed it, and it disappeared. “That, my sweet child, is the growing darkness within you. I am the ghost of darkness, and as such, I cannot lie about it…besides, would I lie to you in your very dreams?”

“…Yes!” Alissa cried in desperate denial. “Yes, you would!”

“Just think about my words, my child…” Nightshade said as he started to back away, fading away. “Think about my words…and what you almost did earlier today…unless you want this to become reality, you must prevent the darkness of the choker from tainting your soul.”

“Wait! Why do you care?!” Alissa cried, running after him. “Come back!”   

“You have two choices: figure out how to control your powers or watch yourself turn more and more into what you truly are deep down in your heart!” Nightshade's final words were before he completely faded into the darkness.

“NO! COME BACK!
NIGHTSHADE!!”

~

[1] Yes, today was Friday.
[2] Kinda a true story, actually...my mom was watching Oprah and it was talking about how badly some children were being taught in today's schools. One of the kids actually that that Lincoln was the first president! (*Slaps forehead*)
[3] Do any of you watch Avatar: The Last Airbender? If you do, then do you know how Aang sounds when he speaks while in the Avatar State? His voice is mixed with that of his previous Avatar life, I think...but anyway, that's pretty much how Alissa's voice sounds here when I say “distorted;” it's kinda mixed with that deep female voice she heard earlier.
[4] Those are just characters I made up. ^^
[5] Based on the quote, “We're hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.”
[6] If you don't know Carrie, it's the story by horror-writer Stephen King about a viciously abused girl who ends up learning she has telekinetic powers. When she gets pushed too far on Prom Night, she unleashes her powers on the entire school. THAT'S what the school scene was based on. I was tempted to have Mr. Lancer say the book title since that's what he does when surprised, but I thought Alissa's line was better.

My gosh, Alissa has her own Vlad!
So...what did you guys think?! This was a real pain in the butt to write!
Who was that mysterious voice? Why does Nightshade want to prevent Alissa from becoming evil? Ooh, my head! (*Falls to the ground*)
But yeah, I really hope that you guys are liking this! I know, you must be shaken by what happened to Danny...if you guys are thinking that the kids were too cruel, you need to remember that they DIDN'T KNOW. As far as Dash and his friends were concerned, Danny just seemed afraid of closets, and the other kids didn't know what was going on, they just saw that two girls were fighting a boy's battles. Harsh, right? Well, that's high school!
Seeya!