Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Danny Phantom -- Shadow-Bound ❯ Saturday--A Bite to Eat and Lisa's Warning ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

OMG, I'm sorry this took so long!
Well, nobody's reading it anyway...
But for those who are, here's Chapter 5.
P.S. Lisa's identity is revealed! (Just not to Danny...yet.)
 
 
~~CHAPTER FIVE~~
~~SATURDAY—A BITE TO EAT AND LISA'S WARNING~~
 
So afterwards, after the group, along with their two new companions, changed from their swimsuits, they were then on their way to the mall. They were talking, joking, laughing, and the occasional hitting.

When they arrived at Amity Park Mall, their first stop was the food court. “Okay, so who wants what?” Danny asked, placing his fists on his hips as he turned to the new girls. “Bring on the pizza!” Alissa cried, thrusting her fist in the air. Summer laughed and looked at the food stops. “Um…I'm not really hungry, but do any of these places carry mozzarella sticks?”

“Actually, yes!” Danny said, pointing left. “Thank you!” Summer said as she walked there. Alissa skipped over to Danny and said, “Summer may show a very cool and calm exterior, but she is INSANELY in love with mozzarella sticks!”

“I AM NOT!!” Summer screeched. “Are too!” Alissa shouted back. “Nobody knows you better than me!” The group started laughing and Summer continued to walk away grumbling. Tucker looked at Alissa and noticed she was carrying a violet journal under her arm. “Hey, I didn't see that before! It's neat!” Tucker commented as he pointed to the book. Alissa made a quick blush and held it at her chest. “Um, yeah…I…like to draw…”

“Ooh! Can we see?” Tucker asked, grabbing the book. “YIKE! Tucker! No!” She pleaded. But it was too late. Tucker had the journal and opened it. “WOW!” He exclaimed, flipping through the pages. Alissa bit her bottom lip.

“Tucker! Give that b--WHOA.” Sam was about to help Alissa but a certain drawing caught her. Danny walked over, his curiosity overpowering his better judgment, and gaped his mouth open at a drawing of a unicorn and fairy. “`Whoa' is right…Alissa, these are amazing!” Alissa scratched her head. “Really?” But then she shook her head and snatched her book back, and whapped Tucker over the head with it.

“OW!”

“When I say `NO!' I_MEAN_`NO!!'” She yelled dangerously. “But…thanks for the compliments.” She added with a smile. She then walked away to a table. The trio stared at each other.
“Moody much?” Sam asked sarcastically.
“Yeah…she's worse than you!” Tucker commented, resulting in an elbow in the ribs.    

So anyway, after everybody had their food and was eating like tomorrow would never come, Alissa was drawing in-between bites. A certain drawing that she was working on caught Danny's eye. “Is that…is that Danny Phantom?”

Alissa froze, blushed, and immediately slammed the book shut and held it at her chest. “M--maybe…” Danny gave a pleading face. “Could I see?” Alissa giggled and put her journal back down and opened it.

It was indeed his ghostly alter ego; he seemed to be flying very quickly for not only was his ghost tail in form, but his hair was blowing back. He also had a smirk on his face.
Alissa was still blushing. “Yep. I drew him…Summer and I are part of the 64% who thinks he's a good guy, and…well, I don't know, I just saw him flying across one night and I HAD to draw him!”

Danny kept his eyes on the picture as he listened to her. It looked exactly like him. “This is great, Ali…” Alissa looked back up at Danny to make a comment, but she gasped when he was in her gaze. “Danny! Stay right there!” Danny froze. “WHAT? WHAT??”

“Relax, you just became inspiration.” Summer said. “Oh…” Danny blushed. Alissa fidgeted in her seat, trying to find a good angle, and then slammed her pencil on the paper, every now and then glancing back up. After a good couple of minutes, Alissa put her pencil down and picked up her picture. “What do you think?” It showed Danny, simply sitting there, looking as if he was daydreaming.

“Wow! That looks just like him!” Sam remarked.

“And you did this is in…” Tucker looked at his watch. “…4 minutes!”

“I hope your food's not too cold…” Alissa put on a sad face. “Relax! We can always order a doggie bag and reheat it back home! …That is, unless my parents turned the microwave into another ghost-hunting weapon…”

The group laughed and started talking and having fun like they had known each other forever. They talked about everything; school, bullies, crushes, (Sam had no comment on that one [She just looked away blushing] and Alissa already didn't like Paulina.) and normal house stress.

“So, how have your parents been lately, Sam?” Danny asked innocently. “Pure evil in pink; how else?” Sam answered, absentmindedly turning her fork left and right in her salad. Alissa shot her head up in shock. “What do you mean?”

“We didn't tell you? As I'm sure you already guessed, Sam is a Goth, but her parents are, well…Preps.” Danny answered.

“Ouch.” Summer responded. Alissa put on a slightly aggravated look. “But that still doesn't give you the right to--”    

“Did they buy you another frilly skirt?” Tucker asked, giggling a little. “No…they bought me a frilly dress! It was pink, and had cherries and flowers on it and I swear it even smelled like roses!” Sam cried, throwing her arms in the air.

“But Sam--!” Alissa tried again.

“I swear, one of these days my parents are going to--!”

Alissa slammed her hands on the table. “AT LEAST YOU HAVE YOURS!!”

The area grew quiet. Everybody else who was in the food court froze, his or her eyes glued to the redheaded girl. Alissa was panting, but then her eyes heightened a little upon realizing what she had done. She winced her eyes and then ran away.

“ALI!” Summer cried, about to run and get her, before Danny ran faster then she could ever manage. “Whoa…”

“Should we follow him?” Tucker asked, rising from his seat. Summer placed a hand on his hat and gently pushed him back down. “Tucker…I never say this with ANYONE concerning my friend, but…
“I trust Danny with Alissa.”

~
  
“Alissa? Ali? Are you here?” Danny knocked on the Girls Bathroom door. After a while, Alissa walked out, sniffling and wiping her face. “Sorry about that…”

“Are you okay?” Danny asked softly, placing his hand on her shoulder. She made a quiet gasp, finding his touch warm and soft. She slinked out of his hold and looked up at him, nodding. “What did you mean by that? Did something happen to your parents?” Alissa stayed silent. Then she turned away. “Ali…” Danny sighed and then turned her back toward him. “Can I call you that?”

“…S--sure…”

“L isten, I know we've only known each other for, like, a day and a half, but if you need to tell me something, I'll listen. I'll be there. Okay?” He said with a smile. Alissa was blushing again and smiled back. “Well…I really would rather I not go into this, but I just can't be with my parents right now…at the moment I live with Summer, and…”

Suddenly, Alissa then practically jumped at Danny and pulled him into a desperate hug. She wasn't crying, but she was beginning to whimper. Danny was blinking awkwardly at this. This is happening to me a lot lately…He thought. He did the only thing he could do: hold her back and gently run his hand through her hair for comfort.

Alissa continued to hold him, her arms around his waist and her head on his chest. She blushed gently when she realized what she was doing and pulled away from him, tugging at her hair and blushing like an idiot. “Err…um…sorry…”

Danny was scratching his hair a little while he stared back at her. “No problem…am I, like, soft or something?” He murmured to himself. Alissa overheard and thought he was really asking. “Well, actually, your skin is really soft…”

“What?”

“NOTHING! 221; Alissa shrieked with a fist to her mouth. “…So, uh…think we should get back to the gang?” She asked. Danny nodded quickly and they both began to walk back to the group. Danny had heard Alissa's comment on his skin and he touched his face. Was he really soft?

So, after the group was reunited, finished eating, and left the food court, they went on to the rest of the mall. They had an awesome time; they browsed things, they bought things, things the regular trio wouldn't get a chance to do because Danny always had to fight ghosts.

So, nearing the end of a perfect Saturday, the gang was walking Alissa and Summer home. While nearing Summer's house, Alissa turned to Danny. “Well, that's twice you came to my rescue, Fenton…” She took his hands into hers. Danny shuddered a little. They were cold…just how cold was it tonight?

“You're an amazing person, Danny. I don't understand how on Earth you could be bullied so much! I…I just want to say `thank you'…” She gave him a final huge hug, her arms around his neck. After a minute or so, Sam jerked her off him again. “Sorry…good night, Danny!” She then ran into the house. Summer kept an icy glare to the three, but then it actually became warm. She smiled. “Thanks for the hangout.” She said, and then proceeded to walk up the steps to the house. Tucker sighed. “Ah, she's obviously nuts about me.”

The door slammed.

“Obviously.” Sam said. Danny giggled as he looked at his watch. “Yep, just 7:40! Got plenty of time!”

“Time for what?” Tucker asked. “I didn't tell you? I have a date in twenty minutes!”

Sam and Tucker were both frozen and glanced at each other before glancing back at Danny. “…What?” Sam asked. Danny then started to laugh. “No, no! Not that kind of date! I just have to go see Lisa, that's all!”

“You mean the Drifter?” Tucker asked.

“Yup!” Danny said confidently. “I'm not sure if we're friends or if it's still just a truce, but I do know that she really needs to talk to me about something…” He then looked cheerless. “I hope she's okay…”

“Yo, man, are you sure it's not a trap?” Tucker pointed out. Sam nodded while placing her hands on her hips. “I think he's right. You've only seen this girl a few times! How do you know she's not just using you?”

“She's being forced into this, you guys! She's getting hurt! I don't think she would hurt herself just to hurt me! I just know she's not like that!” Danny argued. He then sighed. “Guys…I…this time, I want to fight alongside a paranormal being, and succeed.” He said sadly, remembering Wolf.

The two still weren't fully convinced, but they saw how important this was to Danny. “…Okay.” Tucker said, surprising Sam. “Thanks, Tuck! I knew I could count on you!” Danny said and was about to go ghost and leave.

“Wait!” Tucker cried. Danny blinked and turned, becoming shocked as Tucker suddenly ran up to him and gave him a large hug. “Just…be careful, dude.” He advised. “I will, I will…” Danny said, finally getting out of Tucker's hold. Then with a smile, he ran off, jumping on a few cars to give him leverage as he then jumped high in the air, going ghost as he did so.

Tucker watched him, Sam walking to him with her arms crossed. “Tucker! Why did you--!”

He then pulled out the radar for the Fenton Ghost Find-It. Danny was able to get two more and gave them to Sam and Tucker. Sam's mouth hanged open. “When did you…oh…!” She said, realizing that he pinned it on him as he hugged him. “C'mon, Sam! You know guys would never purposely show affection!” He then proceeded to find Danny's location. His eyes widened when he got something. “You're kidding…”

“What? Where is he?” Sam asked anxiously as she walked to him. She looked at the location as well. “I don't believe that…”

~

Danny had flown all the way the abandoned candy factory, Billy Bonbon's Cocoa Workshop, as Lisa had requested. He landed gracefully, and began to walk around the roof. “Lisa? Lisa! It's me!”

No response. But then something attacked his back.

Or, rather, he was hugged from behind. “Phantom! You came!” Danny laughed and got Lisa off him. “Of course I did! I said I would! We're friends now, aren't we?”

Lisa was silent, and Danny regretted his words, but his fears were put to rest when she meekly answered. “Us? Friends? R--really?”

“Well, sure! I mean, if you want to--” He was attacked by another hug. “Okay, okay! Hyper, are we?” Danny chuckled as he removed Lisa from him. She was giggling cutely, but then her face slowly turned serious. “Phantom, you gotta listen to me. There's a reason Nightshade had rounded up Zero, Sapphire and I to get you.” She grabbed his hands and then led him to the rim of the roof, where they sat on the railing.  

“I don't really know who Nightshade is, but I'm guessing he was from medieval times or something like that. But the point being, there was a legend back in his time saying that if one was to capture an entity of  absolute atypical life-force--”

She stopped and looked at Danny; his eyes were so wide it was obvious he had no clue what she just said.

She lowered her eyelids. “…If he were to jack somebody with very rare energy…”

“Oh.”

“…And aim it at the full moon when the planets align…it would suck the life-force right out of the creature, killing it, and causing the world to suffer eternal night.
“And Phantom? That creature is you.”

Danny gulped.

“That's why he wants you captured. I don't know if you watch the news or not, but the planets are going align tomorrow! If we can just keep you away from him until then…”

“But Lisa, if you disobey him, what'll happen to you?”

Lisa looked down, never releasing Danny's hands. “I don't care anymore; I just don't want you hurt!”

Danny squeezed her hands with his captured ones. “But I don't want you hurt, either!”

Lisa picked up her head and stared at him. “But…I can't let you die…” Tears started to flow down her cheeks. Danny's heart broke for the younger.

“…Only one other option, I guess.”

“And that would be?”

He pulled out his Fenton Thermos. “We fight him.”

“WHAT?!”

Danny stuck his pinky finger into his right ear. “Thank you. I will bill you for the hearing aid I now require.”

“Danny Phantom, you're NUTS! You can't fight this guy!”

“Well…can we at least find a way to free you? Besides bringing me to him?”

“I asked him that once…he said the only two ways to free myself from this was for either him to take it off, or…he said I'd have to `Overpower My Power.'”

“What?”

“I don't know, either! How do I overpower myself?” She let out a long, heavy sigh, then she smacked her forehead against Danny's chest. “What are we gonna do…?”

“Lisa…” He picked her head up from off his chest and stared right into her eyes. “I'm willing to fight him and Zero and Sapphire. I know that thought scares you, but come on! It'll be okay…I've fought tougher.”

She brought her hands up to her face to intertwine his fingers with hers. “Yeah, I know you have…I remember when Amity Park was under the power of the Ghost Zone for, like, 4 hours! Before I became a Drifter and all that, I remember seeing you, flying high into the sky in some sort of suit. I don't know what provoked you to saying it, but I remember you saying, `It's not Inviso-Bill! It's Phantom! DANNY PHANTOM!'

“I was totally shocked. I called a friend of mine and she thought he was an idiot to go clear out there and stop this Ghost King, but…I was amazed by you, truth be told…I knew about you when everyone kept calling you Inviso-Bill…I didn't know whether or not you were a good guy or not, but that convinced me…then after the sky turned back to normal I figured that meant you won, but I didn't see you since…Actually, the last time I saw you before the car crash, was when you were in front of this huge blob of a ghost saying that you were back and better than ever…”

“Heh…you have a good memory of me!”

Lisa made a soft sound of agreement and nuzzled closer to Danny. He got a bit flustered but didn't push her away. “So…now that you know what I mostly wanted to tell you…anything you want to talk about?”

~

“Well, this is it.” Tucker pointed with his thumb at the candy factory. He and Sam looked up and saw Danny and Lisa on the railing around the roof. “There they are!” Tucker then cupped his hands around his mouth. “DANNY! DANNY, IT'S US!! DANNY, LOOK DOWN!!!”

“He can't hear us, genius!” Sam said.

“Well, then we have to get up there!” Tucker ran to the entrance.

“I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I think the doors are locked.” He paid no attention to Sam and grabbed at the handle. He pulled it, but not very hard, yet the handle then came off in his hand and the door slowly creaked open. Sam blinked. Tucker shrugged. “Thank Heaven for rusting!” Then he ran in, Sam following.

As soon as they got in, they found it to be cold, dark, and smelling of stale sweets. “It's so dark…ordinarily, I'd like it, but…” Sam said. Tucker pointed into the darkness. “Hey! Come on!” He grabbed Sam's hand and they both were running up a small walkway similar to a small bridge. They were a little bit above the ground now, vats filled with something right under the walkway, but Tucker and Sam were more concentrated on the doorway to a flight of stairs many steps in front of them.

But as they walked, Tucker's foot went through a rusted step of the walkway and he fell right through it, screaming. “TUCKER!!” Sam cried out, not really being able to see her friend fall through the darkness. She heard a thick splashing sound. “…Tucker?”

Tucker's face poked out from a vat filled with something thick and brown. “I'm okay!”

“Oh, thank goodness…”

“Uh, Sam?”

“What?”   

“ Just making sure; it's honey that stays edible even through thousands of years, not chocolate, right?”

“Right…” Sam raised an eyebrow.

“Well…” Tucker's face dove back into the substance before his entire upper body shot up. He liked around his face. “For not being honey AND being locked up for a few years, this is still some pretty good milk chocolate!”

Sam's entire face winced. “UUGHH, TUCKER!! That's DISGUSTING!”

~

“You know what? I change my mind.”

“Hey, if you really ever want to help fight with me, you're gonna have learn how to fly.”

Danny was hovering in the sky, near the edge of the roof. Lisa was still on the roof, shivering in fear. Danny took her hand. “I got you. I won't let you fall.” Lisa flushed, but nodded with a smile. She took one step toward the edge…another…another…

She screamed as she plunged, her fall instantly cut short by the hand still holding hers. “You could've at least TRIED…” Lisa blushed again. “Hold on…” She shut her eyes and made sounds similar to grunting as she slowly stared to rise. Soon she was at Danny's eye level, still holding onto his hand. “Yay!” Then she started stumbling. “Whoa!” Danny's other hand grabbed her back and pulled her up. “Will you relax? I got you!”

Danny then had Lisa sling her right arm over his waist and hold tight as they slowly began to fly. Lisa looked down as they flew, terrified and excited she looked back up at Danny. “Drop me and I kill you.” She jokingly threatened. Danny laughed and pretended to lose her grip on her. She squeaked when she felt herself drop and squeaked again when pulled back up. She glared at Danny, whose eyes alone were laughing.

After a while, he really released Lisa and she was actually doing pretty well on her own. Danny even came up under her, flying with his hands behind his head, and gave her a thumbs up. Lisa smiled and went faster. “Don't get ahead of yourself!” Danny cried, flying after her.

So after the little flying lesson, both of them were back on the roof, laughing vigorously. “What a blast!” Lisa breathed. Danny nodded. Lisa got up and picked Danny up with her. “Phantom…there's…there's something I think needs to be said…”

Danny blinked, but nodded, telling her to continue.

“I had so much fun with you tonight and I'm really happy that you and I are going to fight Nightshade soon…but…I think I…I think something new is in me and there's only one way to figure out if it's true.” She leaned closer to Danny and in turn he edged away. But Lisa then fisted the front of his jumpsuit and pulled him back to her, drawing him into a soul-searing kiss.

~

Tucker and Sam were now going up the steps leading to the roof. Tucker was still licking his lips from the months-old chocolate, Sam wincing each time he smacked his lips. “What do you think they're doing up there?” Tucker asked. Sam thought as she still walked. “Hmm…they seemed to have been getting along well, so maybe we're overreacting…”

“Yeah! They did look pretty good together! In fact, I could've sworn I saw the girl making GOO-GOO eyes at him! These glasses don't lie.” He said. Sam stopped, shocked, and then glared at him. “C'mon! Danny doesn't get far with girls!” Tucker then laughed. “Yeah, you're right!” Both of them started laughing as they continued to walk up the steps. “You're absolutely right! Except for Paulina, Danny never gets eyed! Much less…”

Sam opened the door.

They both gasped.

Lisa was kissing the life out of Danny, their figures shining in the light of the moon and the stars.

Tucker gulped. “…a kiss…” He finished.

Sam was frozen solid. Her face showed heartbreak, but then it twisted into pure anger. “DANNY!!!”

Gasping, Lisa finally pulled away from Danny's sweet lips and turned toward the shriek. “YOU!” She started to rise slowly. “What are YOU doing here?!” Danny was slowly coming to from the killer kiss; gosh…her lips were so cold…

“Get away from him!” Sam then started to charge at Lisa, blinded by her jealousy. Lisa grabbed her and kept her at enough distance so that her punches wouldn't blow. “Jeez! Green-eyed, much?” She shoved her away and looked back at Danny, who was being hoisted up by Tucker. “I need to go…bye, Phantom! Thanks for the flying `vice!” With that, she flew away.

Danny shook his head and then held it, groaning a little. Tucker slapped him on the back, causing him to fall. “Sweet! How'd it feel?” Tucker then noticed that Danny was back on the ground. “…Sorry.” Sam helped Danny up this time, but her face still showed rage. “`Not that kind of date,' huh?” Danny sputtered frantically. “N--no! No! I--it wasn't supposed to be! I didn't know she was going to try to suck all the air out of my lungs!”

“But those are the best ones! Unexpected ones!” Tucker exclaimed. Then he turned away a little. “Not that I'd KNOW, but…” He muttered, a little jealous. “W--wait!” Danny left Sam's grasp and looked around. “Where'd Lisa go?”

~

Lisa was flying as fast as her undereducated tail could fly her. She came to a house and flew right through the window. She collapsed upon the bed of the bedroom, sighing contently.

“I'm guessing you had a good time?”

Lisa jumped but she smiled at a shadowed figure in the doorway. “Sure did!”

The girl in the doorway then turned on the hall light, revealing herself to be Summer.

“Dish, girl.”

“Okay, okay, but first…”

A bright purple ring formed around her, split into two, and turned her into Alissa. “I feel safer in this form…”

~

Oh-ho ho! Lisa is Alissa!!!
Then again, I knew!
So...uh, not much else to say...
Except I promise not to take so long with the next one!
See ya at Chapter 6!!