Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Danny Phantom -- Shadow-Bound ❯ Saturday--Trouble at Floody Waters ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

(*Kneels*) I'M SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT!!
Yes, you may find it weird that I am including a water park in the middle of winter, but the time zone here has nothing to do with the time zone here-here! Ok?
Also, a new character appears!
And Tucker meets Summer! (Which spells trouble!)
And Sam meets Alissa! (Double-Trouble!)
Enjoy!
 
~
 
~~CHAPTER FOUR~~
~~SATURDAY—TROUBLE AT FLOODY WATERS~~
 
It was a bright Saturday morning, and the trio was enjoying the first day of the weekend at Floody Waters water park, Danny being heavy-eyed all the way.  

“What happened to you? Did you have a sleepover with Vlad again?” Tucker asked. Danny gave him an evil look and yawned. “No…I was up all night! There were theses three--!” He stopped, and then looked down with sad eyes. “…I mean, two ghosts and one Drifter…”

“Drifter? What's a Drifter?” Sam asked, pulling off her sunglasses, becoming intrigued. Instantly, Tucker picked up his PDA and quickly did a search. He beamed when he got something. He read:


DRIFTER--The forename of a spirit in limbo. Legends state that a soul in limbo becomes a Drifter when they are given a specific task; when the task is complete, they may then choose between life and death. Should they fail, they are doomed to glide along life and death for eternity with no place to belong.


When Tucker had finished, Danny looked like he had swallowed something extremely sour.

Lisa…

Lisa was a Drifter, and was told to eradicate his alter ego.

If she didn't…

“Danny?” Sam asked, worry etched across her face. Danny took hold of his head. What was he going to do? Lisa didn't deserve this…

“Sam? Tucker? I…”

“Danny? DANNY!”

All three faces turned, seeing Alissa and Summer standing there. Alissa was wearing a mauve one-piece bathing suit with little pink trimmings at the sides while Summer was wearing a pair of sunglasses and a dark green bikini. Alissa was waving to Danny like a maniac while Summer just stayed back with a smirk. Alissa immediately ran toward them and clasped herself around Danny, practically choking him since her arms were wrapped around his neck. “Danny…”

Danny was frozen in shock while Sam was frozen with rage. “Um, excuse me, who are you?” She asked, prying Alissa off of the poor half-ghost. “Problems, little Ms. Night?” Alissa said with a smirk as she looked the Goth up and down, seeing her black cloak covering her violet one-piece suit. Sam death-glared her and put her hands on her hips. “I'm Alissa; and your friend over here saved me from a killer storm!” She wrapped her arms around Danny's waist and lowered her eyelids at him. “Isn't that right, Mr. Fenton?”

Danny broke out into a sweat and was able to pry her off him on his own. “Uh…yeah…I…guess I didn't tell them that…Alissa, this is Sam and Tucker, my, uh, best friends…” He said, rubbing the back of his head. Alissa smiled sweetly at the other two, but noticed that Tucker was looking kind of dazed. She saw that he was looking behind her, at Summer.

“Uh…Tucker, was it? I hope you're not getting any ideas…Summer's not exactly the sweetest of girls…”

“Well, maybe I can melt that icy heart with my icy cool breath!” He said as he picked up a breath freshener and sprayed some into his mouth. “Tucker, no!” Alissa cried as he ran off to Summer. Alissa sighed heavily and slapped her face. “Does this happen often, Danny?”

Going back to Tucker and Summer, he jumped up right in front of her with a “dazzling” (he wishes!) white smile. “Um…can I help you?” Summer asked, not really expecting an answer. “Name's Foley…” Tucker said as he lowered his glasses a little. “Tucker Foley. And may I say that you look a little lost and lonely! Maybe I can help you…” Summer blinked at him, and then her eyes went totally hard. She pulled his glasses off and snapped them at the middle. She then gave them back him and walked away. “Ooh, FIES-TY!” He said as he then pulled a spare pair of glasses from his pocket.

“Look, if ya need me, Ali, I'll be over at Typhoon Bay. Bye!” She said as she waved to the group. As she left, Sam said that she was cool.

Moments later Danny was sliding down Terror Mountain screaming his head off yet laughing at the same time. After he hit the pool, he floated back up and spewed water from his mouth like a fountain. When he was empty, he just drifted there, laughing. Alissa was in the pool, too, still recovering a little from her own plummet. Not wanting to get on that attraction and watched from a bit afar, Sam smiled a little at Danny, but her eyes went wide when she saw Alissa swimming around, her eyes set on Danny and only Danny.

She suddenly realized that she was clenching her hands. With a sigh she unclenched them and just looked at the two. What was wrong with her? She was brought back to life when Tucker squirted her with a water gun. She turned to him slowly and then ran after the screaming Techno Geek.     

Danny and Alissa were laughing their heads off, but Alissa stopped and gasped, covering her mouth and looking forward, as if something had caught her eye. Alarmed, Danny lost his watery balance and plunged into the pool. When he got back up, after a large breath, he swam to Alissa. “What's wrong?”

“Oh! Oh, nothing, I--I just realized that I haven't seen Summer for a while! I--I'll be right back, babe!” With that, she jumped up and ran like the wind toward Typhoon Bay. Danny just floated there staring at the retreating girl debating on what was weirder; the fact that she just ran off…

Or the fact that she called him “babe.”

~

Zero sat on the letter “L” on the stand “WELCOME” with another ghost. She had long blue hair and green eyes. She wore a long violet dress with a blue stripe that went down the middle to the ending trim. “She's here, huh? Why can't Master Nightshade understand that recruiting her was NOT the best idea? She's trying flirt with a human!”

“Sapphire, you and I both know that she is a pathetic excuse for one of us, but we can't go against Master Nightshade's wishes…”

“You know, I'm right here.”

Both ghosts turned and saw Lisa floating above them, arms crossed. Sapphire flew up and glared hard at her. “WHAT are you doing here? You have no time to be sweet-talking! The Halfa is here and you're playing around!”

“Wait, what? The Halfa's here? Where?” She said. “Why are you so interested? Oh, right, YOU FELL IN LOVE WITH HIM!” Zero shouted. “WHAT?!” Sapphire cried and pulled Lisa closer toward her. “You do realize that you're hanging out with the Halfa, right? He's down there!” Lisa blinked a little before realization dawned. “You're not saying…oh, no. No, no, no. Danny Fenton is NOT Danny Phantom!”

“Oh, really? Kid, trying saying those two names five times fast. Don't they sound alike?”

Lisa shoved Sapphire off her and made her hands fists. “Danny's not the Halfa! He's too…not…like him!” She cried, not exactly sure what to say in his defense. “Oy…” Zero said as he slapped his face. “I'm NOT going to let you hurt him!” Lisa said, her eyes flashing bright blue at the word “not.”

“Then you're going to have to catch us first!” Zero said as he and Sapphire flew off to get Danny. “NO!” Lisa shrieked, following them.

~

Danny had left the pool too after a while and was heading toward Typhoon Bay to find Alissa and Summer, but as he did, he saw his Ghost Sense, but didn't react quickly enough as Zero and Sapphire grabbed him a shoulder each and pulled him up into the sky. He recognized Zero instantly. “So, how were able to get a girlfriend?”

“She's not my girlfriend!” Zero cried. “I'm not his girlfriend!” Sapphire cried as well. Then they looked at each other awkwardly before glaring back at Danny. “W--what do you want with me?”

“Not much…except your bones broken!” Sapphire said as she slapped a bracelet onto his left wrist. He felt something sharp tingle through him, PAINFULLY. It seemed to go throughout his entire body and made him feel like a blob of jelly. Zero and Sapphire then swung Danny high up, then pumped all their strength into their arms and dropped him. Screaming, Danny tried to go ghost as he plummeted, but the bracelet Sapphire gave him disrupted his powers!

“DANNY!!” Sam and Tucker screamed, seeing him fall. They ran toward him, knowing they wouldn't catch him in time…

But somebody already did.

Lisa seemed to appear out of nowhere and grabbed him in midair. Danny's body was scrunched up and his eyes were shut tight waiting for the end, (AWW…) but he opened his left eye and saw the ghost girl holding him. “LISA! I--I mean…” He cringed in fake fear. “Who are you?”

“I'm…” Lisa started. Then she smiled, and leaned over to quickly kiss him on the forehead. “I'm a friend…” She said as she pulled away. Danny just stared…

“WOAH!” They both said as Lisa shifted suddenly. She swiftly landed. “I'm sorry, I can't really keep my balance…I don't really know how to fly yet…” She said as she blushed. She then removed the bracelet from Danny's wrist.

“Danny!” Sam cried as she ran to him. Lisa gulped and turned to disappear before Danny grabbed her by the leg. “Wait! Don't go!” Lisa made her leg become one with her other to form her ghost tail, and slipped out of his grasp. “I'm sorry…” She disappeared. “No! Wait!” Danny cried out and grasped at the air, knowing it wouldn't help.

“I take it that was the Drifter?” Tucker asked as he pointed to the empty air. Danny nodded, not turning to him. Sam placed her hand on his shoulder. “Danny…” Then she panicked a little. “Why did she save you? Does she know? Did you tell her?”

“No, I didn't!” Danny said as he turned to her. “I'm just as confused as you are!” He looked back up to the sky. “Lisa…”

~

Lisa reappeared on the “WELCOME” stand. She sighed heavily. “That was a close one…”

“So will this.”

She gasped and turned to meet a fist smacking her straight in the face. “YAA!” She cried and held her face. She opened her eyes and saw Zero and Sapphire; they were VERY angry. “We warned you…” They said as they advanced on her.

“ENOUGH!!”

All three of them gasped and turned. A dark ripple in the air formed and someone stepped through it. His long silver hair flew with an unseen force; his blood-red eyes showed pure rage; he was wearing black armor and had a strange symbol on his forehead, which showed two crescent moons; one above and the other on hanging onto it by its top tip.

“Master Nightshade…” The three voices chorused. Suddenly, both Zero and Sapphire bowed down to him in midair as their chokers zapped them. Nightshade smirked and then flew over to Lisa. “Child, is it true? Did you rescue the Ghost Boy?”

“N--no! Danny's not the Halfa, I swear! Okay, they share a first name, but--!!” Nightshade took her face in his palm. “Lisa, you disappoint me. First you cease attacking him, then you actually associate with him, and now you rescue him. Are you ASKING me to make your bond to us permanent?” Lisa shook her captured head. Nightshade gently slapped her face away. “Lisa, you care for him more than you care for you family?”

“NO! I…I just don't want him hurt anymore…Master, he's not the way we thought he was! He's kind and gentle and is just a young man who doesn't fit in either the human world or the Ghost Zone!”

“You mean like you?” Nightshade countered. Lisa placed her hand over her chest as she gasped. “Master…”

At that moment, Danny came whizzing past and socked Nightshade right in the face. As he tumbled back with a cry, Zero, Sapphire, and Lisa gasped when they saw the Ghost Boy.

All three of them cried “Phantom!” at the exact same time, only Zero and Sapphire cried it with absolute malice whilst Lisa cried it with an open-mouthed smile and her hands clasped. Danny pointed to the ghost he had just attacked. “That Nightshade, Lisa?”

She nodded.

“Alright then…” Danny said as he then proceeded to attack him again. “Don't you dare!” Sapphire yelled as she zoomed toward him. “NO!” Lisa shrieked and grabbed Sapphire's ghost tail. “Let her go!” Zero yelled as he then grabbed Lisa's ghost tail! (Odd mental picture…)

“Ah, Danny Phantom. We meet again…” Nightshade sat as he regained his footing. (Well…actually he's floating, but…SHADDUP!) “Huh? Have we met?” Nightshade just grinned evilly before he zoomed for him. Danny cried out and made the “GA-LAACK!” sound as Nightshade threw him down as he squeezed his throat. “PHANTOM!!” Lisa screamed. She shut her eyes tightly, then let loose a huge cry as she unleashed an aural blast, [1] supernaturally shoving the ghost couple away from her. She flew down to help Danny, reaching out her hands. She tightly took his leg in her hands [2] and pulled him away from Nightshade's grasp. He sighed and snapped his fingers. “I shall leave the traitor to you.” He said with a bored tone as he disappeared. Danny went to grab him, but failed. That felt oddly familiar…

“Phantom, help!” He turned back, seeing Zero and Sapphire closing in to attack Lisa. Immediately, Danny swooped up to help his friend. He grabbed her hand and eyed her. “Hold on, okay?” Lisa wasn't sure what he was planning, or why she was so flustered that he was holding her hand, but she gulped and nodded. He then took her other hand. “Just concentrate…” Both closed their eyes and Zero and Sapphire froze when they were just an inch away from hitting them. A bright green aura surrounded Danny and Lisa, until nothing could be seen except for a bright green ball that started to spin and spin and spin and spin…

Until it finally exploded. [3]

Zero and Sapphire screamed as they were blasted away. They then crashed into the ground. Numerous citizens of Amity Park who were at Floody Waters came running across to see the fallen ghosts. One kid who was about 3 pointed at them while tugging at his mother's swimsuit. “Freaks from the sky!” He said in a surprisingly happy tone.

Also, there were some Channel 2 News people there as well! “Are you getting this? TELL ME you're getting this!” The reporter cried.

Zero and Sapphire were able to get up and disappeared, but not before giving a cold look to the green ball.

The ball had finally left them and Lisa was breathing hard and deeply. “We…did…did we just…” Before Danny could nod she then fell into his arms out of exhaustion. “Mind warning me next time?” He smiled and held onto her, but then he looked down and noticed the newscast. EEP! He shook Lisa gently, waking her up more and pointing to the reporters. She mentally went “EEP!” as well and the both of them flew totally out of sight.

“Well, that felt weird…being filmed…”

“Meh, you get used to it…”

“Yeah, I guess you would be…Inviso-Bill.”

“Do NOT!

Lisa giggled.

When they were sure that the news crew couldn't get to them, Lisa took Danny's hands into her own. “I…I want to…I want to thank you for the save back there…you really are amazing…” Danny blushed and looked away. “Um…thanks…” Lisa gently touched Danny's cheek and pushed it to that he was facing her again. “Phantom…would it be okay if…if I asked you to come see me again? Like, tonight?” Lisa trembled over her words; it wasn't what she was planning to request, either, but it would do for now.

Danny blinked at her as he widened his eyes. “Oh…well, uh…”

“NO! NO! It's not a date or anything like that! I just…wanna see you again…and I don't wanna wait until another ghost attack.” She said as she crossed her arms. Danny then smiled at her with lowered eyelids. “Oh, why not…” He was then attacked by the biggest hug he had ever been given, and in the air, even! “Oh, thank you, Phantom!” She then pulled away, her dark eyes surprisingly bright with joy. She then placed both her hand on his cheeks and seemed to have pulled him closer…

Getting uncomfortable, Danny gently pushed her away. “Where do you want to meet?”

Lisa placed her right hand under her chin, her thumb facing up and her index finger going straight. “Hmm…”

~

So after a brief “goodbye,” Danny retreated to meet up with his friends. Alissa and Summer were there as well and Alissa ran to hug Danny. “DANNY! You're okay!” She said, strangling him just a little. She blushed darkly and released him, giggling nervously. “Where'd ya go?” Summer asked, raising an eyebrow suspiciously. Danny already didn't like getting on her case, but right now, he was seriously frightened. “Err…”

“Relax, Summer! Danny just went to the little Ghost-Hunter-In-Training room!” Sam said. [4] Summer kept her glare on Danny for a while longer before she then turned away with a snort. “Fine…” Alissa was upset that Summer was behaving this way but she turned back to Danny with a smile. “I really don't know what's wrong with her…but it's okay; I believe Sam's story.” She said as she then hugged him again. “You really scared me, though…after seeing those two ghosts up there, I was afraid something happened to you…”

Danny gently ran his hand up and down her orange hair and she blushed again. “Aw, you don't have to worry about me…I've lived in this town for 14 years; I'm used to the ghosts. Especially since my parents are ghost-hunters…I would've been fine, really!” Alissa finally pulled off him and held her hands behind her back, blushing still. Well, that was stupid…he's a big boy, Ali! He can take care of himself! She looked back at him for a final time before she walked over to Summer. “Well, we kind of have to go now, RIGHT, Summer?” Alissa said, yanking Summer's arm at the emphasized word. “O--oh! Right! We need to go!”

“No! Don't leave!” Tucker pleaded as he walked over to Summer with his hands clasped. “I never got the time to ask you for a date!” Danny and Sam slapped their foreheads, Alissa bit her bottom lip and looked up at Summer, and Summer stared at him. She then took his arm and walked him over to one of the pools. She then picked him up by his floatation device. “Guys don't like dating strong women.” Then she threw him into the water.

Sam started laughing and Danny covered his mouth in shock, and then laughed. “Are you sure?” He asked between giggles. “We were thinking of heading to the mall after a swim. Do you wanna come?” He asked sweetly. Alissa clasped her hands together, touched. “Well…o--okay! I guess we could for a little bit!” She turned back to Summer. “Could we?” Summer looked at her with her usual angry look. “Mm' Kay. But somebody's gonna have to fish out Tucker…” She crossed her arms. “And it ain't gonna be me.”     

Danny sighed. “Alright…” He then swiftly ran toward the pool. “No, wait! I didn't mean--!” Summer started, but it was too late. Danny then jumped right at the pool's edge, his swim clothes whipped around at the wind friction, and the sunlight bounced of him.

Alissa stared; mouth agape.  

Finally, Danny dipped downward and plunged into the water. Alissa had to rub her eyes a bit and turned back, seeing Danny now leaving the pool with Tucker, placing Tucker's arm around his neck. Wow…

“Uh, Ali? Shouldn't we go change out of our bathing suits?” Summer asked. Alissa squeaked and covered her blushing face. “Uh, yeah! Yeah, you're right! Sorry…” She and Summer then raced off.

Danny saw them retreating and sighed. “Too bad. I was going to ask Summer if she was willing to give mouth-to-mouth.”

Sam eyed him. “Do you want the last 50% of you dead?”

~

Yeah, I know, cruddy ending...
[1]Aural blast...think of what Danny did in "My Brother's Keeper" to Spectra as he was saying that he won't let Jazz down. (Aww!)
[2]See, when Nightshade tackled Danny, he was pushing him down to the ground, and as such his feet were sticking upward. Lisa, being above both of them, grabbed the closest thing she could grab!
[3]Remember what Danny did in the beginning of "Control Freaks?" That was pretty much it, only he had double the power with Lisa!
[4]Danny and friends had, indeed, explained to the girls that he was the offspring of ghost hunters, I just didn't write it.

Was Lisa about to kiss Danny? Uh-ohhhhhhh...
Ah, now the trio--I mean, quintet, is going to spend the rest of the day together! SWEEEET!! More danger, perhaps?
You're gonna have to wait and see!