Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Danny Phantom -- Shadow-Bound ❯ Friday--Secrets Revealed ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ah, tis Chapter 3!!
Now we go more into the ghost girl!
Enjoy!!
 
~~CHAPTER THREE~~
~~FRIDAY—SECRETS REVEALED~~
 
After an eternity of flight, Danny got the girl to another random roof far away from Zero. He was about to set her down before he realized that she was clinging onto him for dear salvation. “Um, it's okay, you can let go now…”
 
“You're a ghost, right? Even if only by half?”
 
“Um…I guess…”
 
“Then…why are you so warm…?” [1]
 
“You think I'm warm?” He could feel her nod since her face was still buried in his chest. Blushing, he was finally able to pull her off and she landed on the roof with a loud THUD. “Sorry…”
 
“It's okay…”
 
“Just what was that all about?” Danny asked, shoving his thumb toward where Zero was.
 
“Oh, Zero? He's been on my case since Master Nightshade made me another one of his little cadets. He doesn't think I'm cut out for this--”
 
“Master who?”
 
“Oh…Master Nightshade. I don't know much about him, but…” She hugged herself and turned away from Danny. “He…made me one of his servants…” Then she turned around swiftly, pointing an accusing finger at him. “AFTER YOU DID THIS TO ME!”
 
“What?! Listen to me; I honestly don't know what I did! Talk to me! Maybe I can help!”
 
The girl was a bit taken aback by that, but she regained her glare. She turned away again. “Last night…my family and I were moving. As I just sat there in the car my parents were driving, I saw you, Danny Phantom, formally known as Inviso-Bill. Apparently, you were either fighting an invisible ghost or just using your powers on a ridiculous Ghost Ray spree! Either way, you shot right at one of the moving trucks, causing a huge crash between all three cars! The next thing I knew, everything was black…
 
“When I opened my eyes again, I saw myself, on a hospital bed, my parents right next to me, both of them crying and calling for me to come back. A few doctors were there, but I was so stunned about the whole thing the only words I could make out were `trauma' and `coma.' So then I wondered who I was if that was me down there, so I looked at myself and…well, I looked like this. Nobody could see me, nobody could hear me, and no matter how much I screamed out I went totally unnoticed as they finally left the room. As I floated there, crying, I saw a shadow move. He hovered over to my body and put something on it.” She stopped speaking for a second and fingered her choker. “This. As soon as he put on, it disappeared, or as he explained later, went invisible, and an image of it reappeared on me. I asked him who he was and why he did this, and he answered…”
 
~*FLASHBACK*~
 
“I am Nightshade. And you, sweet child, have been chosen as one of my subordinates.”
 
“Subordinates? I…I don't understand. What do you want with me?”
 
“Do you hate him?”
 
“…Excuse me?”
 
“The ghost boy. Do you hate him?”
 
“Um…I…I…I don't think so…”
 
“Even though it's his fault you are now this way?”
 
“Wait…did he…did he kill me?!”

“No…”
 
“Then…how come I look like a…like a…”
 
“Ghost? Listen well, child, for this may be overwhelming…right now, you are at the brink of life and death. The ghost boy is, what we call, half-human and half-ghost.”
 
“Whoa…is that even possible?”
 
“We are unsure of how it happened ourselves, but listen to me. You are not a hybrid like him, you, too, are caught in the middle, but in a different way. You are yet another manifestation of a mythical creature known as…a Drifter. At the moment, you belong with neither ghost or human; the trauma your body has faced could have killed it, but at the moment…” He pointed to the Life-Support machines. “…you are still kept in the mortal world, though you shouldn't be.”
 
“So what you're trying to say is…is that I'm in limbo? I have a chance between life and death? Right now, I can choose where I want to go?”
 
“Exactly. But at the moment…” He pointed at the body, and the necklace became visible again for a moment before flickering back to invisibility. “That collar keeps you bound to me. Now that both your body and your spirit have it around your neck, you now belong to me.”
 
“WHAT?! WHY?! I want my life back! I want my parents back! Why did you--!!”
 
“Like I said, you are now my lesser. I am collecting poor souls like yourself, though they are all ghosts. But you all do have one thing in common:
You must crush Danny Phantom, the ghost boy.”
 
“HUH?! I--I don't want to hurt him! Maybe it was just an accident!”
 
“Do you really believe that? I don't know if you know anything about this boy, but he has promised to protect your hometown, or former hometown, perhaps. But instead, in his insensible fighting he has caused you to become an outcast similar to himself. Is that what you want, little one? To be an outcast? To be alone?”
 
He had apparently struck a nerve. The girl looked away, tears brimming. “No…” He felt his cold hand take hold of her cheek, wiping away the stray droplets, causing her to look at him. She finally got a good glimpse of him as well.
 
He had fire-red eyes and dark mint skin. He also had long silver hair. He was wearing armor-like clothing that was all black. And finally, he carried a sword at his waist.
 
“Sweet girl…it's time. It's time to fight back. I can give you power. I can give you strength. Strength to rival that of the hybrid. I want you to weaken him…” He then took her hand and placed another necklace in it. “…and then place this around him. For that, I will make him mine and you free. And all I ask…is one thing in return.”
 
“Yes…?”
 
“I'd like you to call me `Master.'”
 
~*END FLASHBACK*~
 
When she finished her tale, Danny was frozen in shock. “I…I…”
 
“Save it.”
 
The harshness in her voice caused Danny to freeze even more. “I know what you're going to say. `Oh, I'm sorry! I wish there was something I could do! Oh, stupid me!'” She said, prancing around and talking in a mocking voice. “Don't say a word. I'm like this way because of you, and if you think that saving what little life I have left from that maniac back there will make me change my mind…” She started as she raised her hands, a violet aura surrounding them.
 
She stopped.
 
Was he…shaking?
 
She put her arms down and walked over to him. She reached out for him but he turned away, his eyes shifting as far from her as possible. She could've sworn he was beginning to cry. “Phantom…?”
 
She yelped and fell to the ground when he punched the chimney of the roof. After that, he then fell on his knees. “Phantom…!” She cried out softly and ran to him, slowly placing her left arm on his back and her right arm securely around his chest. “Are you…”
 
“I'm…I'm so sorry…I promised myself…after I got these powers…I would be careful with them…I…I promised not to hurt other humans with them…I'm…so sorry…”
 
The girl's brought both her hands to her mouth. Oh, my gosh…Phantom…! He didn't mean it at all! It WAS all an accident! Is this the boy she had been trying to obliterate? This sweet, sensitive, now practically disconsolate young man? Her lip quivered and she fell to her knees as well. “S--s--stop crying…Phantom, please! Please stop crying!” Shocked by the trembling voice, Danny turned and saw the girl staring at him with wavering eyes, tears pouring. “I…didn't…know…that you…that you were like this….
 
“Master Nightshade told me that you were just a stupid little boy who happened to have ghost powers…I…I…” Danny wiped away his own tears and looked into her watering ones. “I--It's okay, really, I just wish I didn't…”
 
He didn't get the chance to finish for at that moment, suddenly, she pulled him into a tight embrace, burying her face in his chest again. Danny was stunned by the quick movement, but wrapped his arms around her anyway and allowed her to sob her apologies. The girl just stayed there, partially lying down, arms wrapped around the ghost boy, head lying on his chest. She still couldn't get over the fact that he was so warm. Even if he was only half ghost, he still shouldn't be this warm…this comforting…
 
Her hand unconsciously slithered up his arm but in the journey it hit something thick and sticky. She gasped. “Phantom! You're hurt!” She pulled away and sure enough, a long, thin cut was going up his upper arm, but instead of blood. It was shedding green ectoplasmic goop. He let out a cry and grabbed it. “Yikes! Must've come from when you threw me by the shoulders…”
 
“I'm so sorry!” She then took a gentle hold on his arm. She looked at the gash with guilt lingering within her eyes. “Relax, okay?” She said in a soothing voice. She took her right hand and tenderly placed it upon his cut. Danny took in a hiss of breath equally from surprise and pain. “Calm down!” She ordered. She then closed her eyes and went into deep concentration. Soon, the area of Danny's arm that her hand was covering started to glow violently. Danny winced his eyes shut and clenched his teeth in uneasiness.
 
“Please trust me…”
 
His heart went out to her when she quietly begged that. So, silently, he did. Finally, the aura around his arm ceased glowing and disappeared completely. He opened his eyes and saw his arm was as good as new. “I…I'm not sure how you did this…but…thanks.” He said with a smile that, if she had one, made the girl's heart flutter briefly.
 
“No problem…when Master Nightshade gave me these powers, he didn't exactly teach me how to use them; that's why I couldn't fly back there…but luckily I was able to master healing; apparently, Drifters have certain abilities that normal ghosts or Halfas don't…”
 
“Well, that's stupid. He makes you a servant and doesn't even teach you how to BE one?”
 
“Mm…”
 
“So…”
 
“Hmm?”
 
“Does this mean a truce?”
 
“A truce? …If it means not hurting you anymore…then sure, Phantom…”
 
“Um…why do you keep calling me `Phantom?' I mean, I prefer that over `Inviso-Bill,' but it's `Danny Phantom!'”
 
“Well, yeah, but I already know somebody named Danny, so it would be kind of weird calling you that. No offense.”
 
“None taken, uh…um…”
 
“What?”
 
“I just realized…I never learned your name…”
 
The girl gazed into Danny's uneasy eyes. At that moment, her choker started to violently glow. She gasped and clutched at it, as if it was causing her pain. “What the--?!” Danny cried and reached for her. She jumped into the air and hovered for a moment. “I'm sorry…Master Nightshade knows I'm here and he's calling me! I need to go…” She turned, but looked back at him for a final time. “By the way, it's Lisa. Lisa Phantasm.” With that, she winked and disappeared. Danny simply stood there, being more and more drenched by the rainfall, blinked a few times, trying to gather up what just happened.
 
“Lisa? …Phantasm?” He shrugged a little. “Well, I guess I can't really call that a rip-off…” He chuckled a little, but then he remembered seeing her sad eyes, and the choker zapping her.
 
I wish I knew where she went…and this Nightshade guy…she needs help. I need to help her. But how?
 
He flew off the building and looked around for his house. (He got a little lost!) He landed next to the front door and changed back into Danny Fenton. He made a soft sound of astonishment in his throat when he felt the rain and wind lessen somewhat.
 
“Danny! There you are!”
 
He turned. “Alissa?” The said girl was running up the street with an umbrella; which was actually called the Fenton Umbrella and had Jack's face on it.
“I noticed you were gone and I was looking all over for you!”
 
“Do the girls know you're out here?”
 
“Summer does. Jazz…”
 
“You didn't tell her?”
 
“Danny, it's taken care of!”
 
~*INSIDE THE HOUSE*~
 
“Alissa? Are you okay? You've been in there for like, half an hour!” Jazz said as she knocked on the bathroom door. She was about to open it before Summer ran to her and slammed herself against it, securing it with her arms. “Jazz! My friend is as sick as she is sensitive! What kind of woman are you?!” She cried.
 
Jazz blinked but said nothing as she walked back to the living room.
 
~*OUTSIDE THE HOUSE*~
 
“You're…an interesting girl.”
 
“Thank you. Now come on! Get back in the house!” She said as she poked him momentarily with the umbrella point. “Alright, alright, I'm going, I'm going!”
 
They quietly snuck back into the house, Alissa slinked to the corner to put the umbrella down while Danny grasped at the other side of the door and crawled up the wall.
 
“There you are!”
 
“GACK!!” Both Danny and Alissa cried. They saw Jazz sitting on the couch with both her legs and arms crossed. She raised an eyebrow, mainly to Alissa. “Where were you?”
 
“I--I was just looking for Danny!” She then took Danny's hand slowly, intertwining her fingers into his. “I got really worried when he disappeared…” Danny became slightly flustered at her action and was able to slink away from her grip. “Uh, he-he, I, uh, thank you for your enthusiastic concern, but, uh…” He laughed gently as his cheeks flared. [2] “Really, I'm okay!” She stared at him before smiling. “`Kay…where's Summer? I really should be going…”
 
“I'm right here!” All three pairs of eyes turned and saw Summer running up to her, very out of breath. “What happened to you?”

“I was just running out of ways to cover for you!” She explained in pants. Jazz got up for that. “You could've just told me…” She looked at Danny and Alissa with lowered eyelids and a mischievous smile. “I would've understood…” Danny blushed harder and Alissa followed after. “THAT'S NOT--!!”
 
“SHUSH!” Danny hissed and clamped his hand over Alissa's mouth. “My parents are going to hit the roof if they wake up and see you two!”
 
“Oh, sorry…” Alissa's muffled voice replied. Danny pulled his hand away and rubbed it gently with his other. Gosh, her skin was cold…but then again, she was just outside, twice! Alissa took hold of her own mouth, as if entranced by something, but she shook it off and took Summer's hand. “Well, listen, thanks for taking us in…we really should go now that the storm's almost done!” As Summer pulled Alissa to the door, she stopped in front of Danny again and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Thank you very much…”
 
As Danny held his now reddening cheeks as Alissa and Summer walked out the door. “Danny, are you okay?” Jazz said as she walked up to him and took his arm. “ACK! Danny, you're freezing!” She shoved a mug of hot chocolate into his hands. Danny hastily drunk out of fear of what Jazz would do if he didn't. Then they sat down on the couch. “So…what happened? Who did your Ghost Sense go off at? Did they hurt you really badly?”
 
“At first, but…” He held his arm. “Well…let's just say one of them is misunderstood…”
 
Before he could finish, the parents staggered down the stairs. “Kids, it's 1:10 in the morning…and you're awake…drinking cocoa?” Maddie said groggily. Jazz and Danny looked at each other worriedly; now what?
 
~
 
Lisa reappeared in a dark chamber. She saw Zero in front of her with his arms crossed and a smirk on his face. “…Tattletale…” Lisa groaned. “Well, luckily for you, Master Nightshade wants me to be his spokesperson. Here's what he wants to say…” He grabbed her shoulders and brought her dangerously close. “Listen up. I may not understand what in the Ghost Zone you were doing with the Halfa, but if you ever even consider betraying us again, you will never, ever, EVER see the ones you love EVER again! And I will shred your pathetic little soul into pieces! Is that understood?!”
 
With tears in her eyes, Lisa nodded. Zero shoved her to the ground and looked at her with hard eyes. “Remember that…” He flew away. Lisa was breathing hard and shallowly. “Phantom…” She breathed. “Why…why did you save me? Why did you have to make everything so complicated?! WHY?!” She screamed. She slowly got up and closed her eyes with a shaky breath, the only thing her mind saw was Danny Phantom's entrancing green eyes, them alone smiling, showing her acceptance and friendship.
 
Friendship…
 
Their truce…
 
Maybe…maybe he could be the one to free her.
 
She slapped her forehead. Stop thinking that way! Master Nightshade would beat him into an ectoplasmic pulp! So, why do I keep dreaming and hoping he'll save me…?
 
Something came to her. Oh, no…Phantom? Is that it? Am I…am I in love with you?
 
~
 
[1] I'm actually not too sure about this. But remember, he is half ghost, and if he can use his ghostly abilities while still in human form, I'm sure he still has his human perks in ghost form...maybe even a heartbeat…(BLUSH) PleaseforgetIsaidthat.
[2] Gosh, Danny-kins is quick to blushing, isn't he?

WOW, I am really getting a bit to into my own work!!
Uh-oh, Danny Phantom has gained a reluctant admirer!
Part 4 will be out soon!