Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Danny Phantom -- Shadow-Bound ❯ Friday--The Thunderstorm ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2!! WHEEEEEEEE!!
 
~~CHAPTER TWO~~
~~FRIDAY—THE THUNDERSTORM~~
 
“WHA--AAAHHHHHH!” Danny screamed as her Ghost Ray hit him dead on. (No pun intended…) He fell to the ground, not unconscious, but his eyes were closed in complete exhaustion and he wasn't moving. The ghost floated over him and held her palm out. “This is for everything…”

“Leave him alone!” She heard a female voice yell. Suddenly, from the back door of the Nasty Burger, the entire temporary residents of the eatery came running toward the two ghosts. Leading them, there was a girl wearing a lot of black, and looking pretty mad. She, along with another boy with a red hat, stood protectively in front of Danny. The ghost blinked and rolled her eyes. “Nice to know the guy has friends…”

“Who ARE you?” Tucker stared with wide eyes. “…And does Sam know you raided her wardrobe? You make it look much better, by the way…”

“TUCKER!!”

“Sam? What kind of name is that for a girl?” The ghost said, then smirked with lowered eyelids. “Ah…I get it…you're Samantha!” Sam widened her eyes, and then lowered them with a dangerous growl. “Do NOT go there…” The ghost's eyes glowed, taking delight in causing the other girl irritation. “Well, I guess I can wait…after all, shouldn't want to rush into a good thing, now should I?”

“Why are you after him in the first place?!” Sam cried, already not liking this ghost. Eyes still glowing, the ghost girl turned. “He…did this to me…” She murmured, lightly fingering her choker. She slightly turned back to the group and shot a Ghost Ray at the ones behind Sam and Tucker. “BEAT IT!!” After the shot, the kids ran like the wind. With that, a dark light surrounded her and she disappeared.

“Danny! Wake up! Danny!!” Tucker was crying out for his friend, holding his head up a little. It was a good thing the ghost took this time to leave `cause at that exact moment, Danny changed back into his human form. He held his head, which was still ringing. “That girl…packed a punch…” Sam knelt down to help Tucker get Danny up. “What did you do to her?”

“I didn't do anything, I swear!” Danny cried. “I know she said that I did this to her, but the only way I could've made a ghost is if I…” He stopped, and backed away and few steps; the crashing of the cars returning to his mind.  “Oh, no…no…no, no ,no, I couldn't have!” He said, shaking his head.

Sam caught on and stretched out a hand. “Danny…” Danny pulled himself away from Sam's reach and ran away, trying to hide his tears.

~

The ghost girl walked down a dark hallway, lit only by the rows of torches by her left and right, glowing with black flames. Her long pony-tailed hair swayed back and forth with each step and her dark blue eyes glistened with a look of fear. The only audible sound were her black boots hitting the invisible ground beneath her.

“Master…” She murmured as she finally found who she was looking for. He was standing right in front of her, still unseen in the darkness. “Master…please forgive me for intruding into your abode, but…I have failed…he is powerful and has friends…I can't win…” She felt his cold hand take her chin. “You cannot win? Have you forgotten the penalty for not following my orders?” Tears welled in her eyes as she could feel his glare on her. “No…”

“Child, you couldn't have also forgotten what he had done to you, either, now can you?” The ghost girl's eyes flashed bright blue at that. “No…” She looked at her cold, gloved hands. “I haven't…”

“Remember…” He fingered her collar. “You won't be able to remove this unless…”

“I know, Master, I know…” She whispered and walked away.

~

Danny was walking home alone, a bunch of things on his mind. The ghost girl he had seen earlier was the thing that took over most of his thoughts. She was definitely angry, but somehow, he could tell that she was sad, too. She looked close to crying! He looked up at the afternoon sun, which was being covered by clouds.

Oh, goody. Rain.

He came home to see his parents fixing the Boomerang; for some strange reason it was all dented and dirty, as if it was 10 years older… [1] Then the father, Jack, noticed him. “Danny! Glad you're home, son! I got something to show you!”

“Another ghost-hunting weapon?” Danny asked; it wasn't really a question. That was all his parents ever did: create some new way to capture a ghost. “Well, yes and no, dear.” The mother, Maddie, said. She walked over to be next to her husband as he held out his fist. He opened it, revealing a small green pin-like object that was beeping. “Um…” Danny started.

“We call it the Fenton Ghost Find-It! All you have to do is stick it to a ghost and no matter how far it flies away…” He then pulled something else out. It looked similar to a PDA, only it had no buttons or anything except for a radar screen. “…you can find it with this! It's the complete map of Amity Park in the palm of hand, and it'll pick up the Find-It's signal! The ghost will never know! And you wanna know the best part!” He brought the pin to him, but it fell to the ground. “It'll never stick to a human! Always a ghost! So you'll know if they're in disguise! See?” Then he picked up the pin and stuck it to Danny, who yelped painfully. It stuck!

Jack and Maddie blinked, then looked at each other, and then looked back at Danny. Danny started to sweat. “Okay…that one obviously has some bugs in it…” Maddie said, scratching her head. Danny breathed a huge sigh of relief; one of the few reasons why he was thankful his parents were complete morons: they never seem to notice that all their gizmos worked on him.

“Oh, well.” Maddie kissed him on the forehead as she pulled the Fenton Ghost Find-It off her son. “Bye, honey.” She said as she walked away. Before Danny proceeded to go to his room, Jack grabbed him and shoved a Find-It and a radar into his hands. “Here ya go, Danny; I have spares!” Then he followed his wife. Danny looked at the gadgets and couldn't help but smile a little. He now had a new weapon, and his parents had no idea. Then he turned on his heel straight up to his room; that last fight made him exhausted, and he really wanted a nap.     

Strangely enough, as soon as he got to bed and fell asleep, he actually had one. Actually, he was asleep for hours!


KRA-KOOOOOOM!!!

Danny made a shuddering sound of surprise and shot right up in bed as he heard the thunder boom. He wasn't afraid of thunder and lightening, but it wasn't on his “List Of Things I'm Fond Of”, either. He looked at his clock. “Midnight…you're kidding…” He grumbled to himself. The wind was howling furiously and the rain was coming in through his unclosed window. Shivering, he walked to it to close it, but looked down, seeing two people walking through the storm holding their arms and shivering. One of the figures then fell on one knee. He didn't recognize the one aiding the fallen one, but the other… “ALISSA!”

He ran downstairs as fast as he could and was about to yank the door open before a black-sleeved hand grabbed his own. “Danny, what are you doing?! There's a major storm outside in case you didn't notice!” Danny yanked his hand away and looked into the worried aqua eyes of his older sister, who was surprisingly still awake at this hour. “I'll explain later, Jazz!” He said as he bounded out the door. “DANNY!” Jazz cried, reaching out a hand and then started running after him.

Danny's teeth were chattering and he felt like he was going to turn into an icicle in this weather but he kept running. “Alissa!” He screamed out her name as her outline came into view. She slowly turned, her long, red-orange hair partially covering her face. The other person, supposedly a friend, turned around quickly, eyes narrowed with suspicion.

“D--D--Danny…?” Alissa quivered in both chilliness and surprise. She watched with wide eyes as he came down and held her arms. “Hey! Who are you?!” The other girl asked. Danny paid no attention. “Alissa, are you all right?! Can you get up?” He asked frantically. Alissa was in too much shock to answer. She just whispered his name and then threw her head back with closed eyes. She was now unconscious.

Panicking, Danny went to pick her up, and was quite surprised to find her pretty light. The other girl growled. “EXCUSE ME! WHO ARE YOU?!” She yelled again. Danny looked up at her. “Y' know, if you really cared about this girl, you'd stop worrying about me and trust me!” He yelled back. The girl was left speechless. She glared at him with her icy blue-green eyes, but picked up the lower half of Alissa.

Danny turned on his heel and ran back toward his house, seeing Jazz running to him. “Danny, are you---!” She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw what he was holding. She covered her mouth and immediately ran back to the house to hold the door open. While running back to their house, none of the three noticed that they were being watched.

All three entered the house completely soaked and shivering. “Come on, Danny! Let's get her to the couch!” After they did so Jazz ran upstairs to get a blanket (careful not to wake the parents) and Danny was able to get a good look at the other girl. She had light tan skin and long brown hair with green streaks in it. She was wearing an asteroid-gray long-sleeved shirt with the shape of a red diamond on it and her sleeves had red webbing on them. [2] She also had gray boots with green stockings. She was still glaring at Danny. “You know Alissa?” She asked in a way that demanded an answer.

“Y--yeah, a little. I met her at the Nasty Burger.” He answered, breaking into a bit of a sweat. This girl wasn't a Goth, but she was definitely scarier than Sam. “Name's Summer.” She said, still scowling. “…And, for the third time, who are you?”

“I'm Danny.” His eyes trailed back to Alissa. “…What were you two DOING out there?” Summer threw her nose in the air. “If you MUST know, we were looking for someone, NOSY.” She then grabbed one of her bangs and squeezed it, releasing the rainwater trapped in it. “Hey! If you're going to do that, mind getting a towel?” Danny said, but instantly regretted it when she gave him a death look. “…Um…the b--bathroom's over there…” He stuttered, pointing a (shaking) finger toward the left. Summer stared at him, but then she smiled a little. “You're funny.” She snickered and walked off.

As she did that, Danny just stared at Alissa while sitting on a chair he brought from the Kitchen/Dining Room. His eyelids lowered a bit, making them give a sad gaze.

“Take a picture; it'll last longer.”

Danny jumped back a little and blushed when he realized Alissa was staring back at him. How on Earth did he not notice that?! “He-he…sorry…” Alissa giggled, but then her face turned serious. “Why did you help us?” Danny relaxed a little. “I don't like seeing people in danger.” He said simply. She smiled. “Aw…I already thought you were sweet…now I now for a fact; you're absolutely sugary!” She giggled. Danny blushed and looked away. “Um…thanks. I don't get that often…”

“You should…” Alissa murmured as she looked back up at him, instantly regretting it as she found herself locked within his clear blue eyes. She gulped a little, finding it very difficult to turn away. “Um…where's Summer?” Danny laughed. “Your scary friend? She's in the bathroom.”

“She didn't bite you, did she? She's REALLY protective of me…”

“No, but I'm pretty sure she was about to…”

“Yeah, people call her scary and she doesn't get why!”

“Silly…”

“I'm back!” Jazz said as she came back down, holding a comforter. “Oh! You're up! Are you okay?”

“Y--yeah…just…” She yawned. “Still a little sleepy…SUMMER!” Alissa's tone switched completely when she saw her Punk friend reappearing. “Ali!” She cried back, and ran in for a hug with a huge smile. Danny and Jazz raised their brows. “This is the same girl who almost bit you?” Jazz whispered. “Go figure.” Danny whispered back.

“I heard that!”

Summer whipped her head around and snarled. Both Danny and Jazz stiffened and showed their teeth in fear. “Yeah, definitely the same girl.” Danny said, causing a laugh from the other three. Then Jazz gasped and brought a finger to her lips. “SHH! Our parents!” She hissed to Danny, who covered his mouth. “Oh my gosh, Jazz's right! Girls, is your home near? You can't stay!” He said. Summer and Alissa shared a brief glance at each other and Alissa seemed to look really worried. “Well, about that…” Summer started…

Danny's Ghost Sense went off right then. He covered his mouth again, looking at Jazz with a worried look. Jazz, immediately catching on, winked at him and walked over to the girls. “Well, listen, until we can call your parents or whoever you live with how about some cocoa?” She asked sweetly, eyeing Danny. Danny jumped a little, catching on, and quietly slipped through the door when nobody was looking.

But Summer was looking…but she said nothing…

~

(Just telling ya, it's still raining like heck, so try to imagine everything with the scenes all rainy and stormy, `Kay?)

Danny Phantom flew all across his block, but saw nothing. He sighed heavily, but saw his Ghost Sense again. He whipped his head around and his face met with a fist. He went tumbling backwards. He held his nose and looked at his attacker.

It was a male ghost; the same ghost whom he saw the ghost girl talking to outside the Nasty Burger! He noticed that he had the same choker on that the ghost girl had. “Okay, so what's YOUR story?”

“Nothing. Just filling out my master's wishes!” The boy answered and suddenly zoomed at Danny. With a yelp he ducked, but something grabbed his ghost tail. [3] “GYAAH!” He cried as he pulled himself back up. When he did, he was then grabbed by his shoulders. He found himself once more looking into the midnight eyes of the ghost girl. “Oh, lovely…”

“Can't say I'm any happier seeing ya again!” With that, she pulled her fist back, then punched Danny square in the mouth. Screaming, he flew back and slammed down on a random roof; and not only a roof, but also a puddle that was forming from the storm. He looked back up, wincing in pain a little, seeing the two of them floating over him, arms crossed. “Finally…we have you just where we want you…” The male ghost said.

“I should probably let you know now…Zero fights dirty. If you wanna run away like the little coward you are, do it now.” The female said. With a white-fanged grin, Zero zoomed down, but luckily, Danny swung his fist harshly, punching the other ghost boy clear across his pale face. “Zero!” The girl cried, then growled, and zoomed down herself. This time, instead of hitting her, Danny flew up.  

“What's wrong? Can't stand hitting a lady?” She said with a spiteful smirk. She then twirled around once, disappearing. Danny raised a brow and looked around. At that moment, Zero zapped him intensely with a red Ghost Ray. The ray knocked Danny of flying balance and he started to fall…right into the ghost girl's Ghost Ray! (When she disappeared, she reappeared under him and after Zero zapped him, she waited for him to fall toward her to make her blast more intense!)

With that, Danny once more fell down with a CRASH, right onto the ground. Zero and the girl flew down to him. Zero held out his fists, a red aura surrounding them. “You got the necklace?” He asked the girl, who nodded, holding up the same necklace from around their necks. “Obviously!”

“Well, put it on him!”

The girl was about to, but when she looked at the weakened boy her eyes softened and saddened a little. He looked so feeble now, the raindrops, like millions of bee stings, piercing his soft flesh, the fact that he wasn't moving, the thought that he was once a boy who would fly around Amity Park in unbridled delight…  

“What are you waiting for? Do it before he gets back up!”

“Zero…”

“What?!”

“Does this seem…wrong to you? At all?”

“No. Now do it!”

She dropped the choker. “I…I can't…”

“WHAT?!”

“Zero, I can't! This is wrong! I don't know how, or why, but this is just so wrong!”

“Oh, for the love of--FINE!” He picked up the choker and was about to put it on Danny himself, but the ghost girl tackled him. “NO! Don't! Zero, please! Just listen to me!”

“We were just about to complete our task and be free and you pick NOW of all times to grow a conscience?!” Zero yelled as he kicked her off of him. That was when Danny was starting to wake up. He gasped when he saw the allies attacking each other. “You don't WANT to be free?!”

“You know I do, but not like this! We have no right to do this to him!”

“You are so alone on that thought!”

Something in the girl snapped at that, and Zero noticed it.

“DO…NOT…CALL…ME…ALONE!!!̶ 1;

She blasted Zero immensely, knocking him into the sky for a hot second before he fell to the ground. Danny just sat there, mouth agape, as the girl then turned back to him with a gasp. “You're…okay?”

“Oof…” He groaned as he shifted up more. “Define `okay…'” Then suddenly Zero grabbed her and he flew her up to another random roof. He kept walking toward her, forcing her to move closer to the edge of the roof. “Zero, no! You know I can't exactly--!”

“Master Nightshade will thank me for this later.” Zero shoved her off the roof.

The girl screamed as she plummeted, reaching out for Zero as he became more and more out of reach…

Her fall halted.

What? She looked up, meeting a pair of bright green eyes.

“Phantom?!”

“PHANTOM?!” Zero bellowed in rage. “What are you doing?! Saving your attacker?! What is wrong with you?!” Danny said nothing but just looked down at the girl. “You okay?” She was absolutely stunned silent. All she did was whimper loudly and wrapped her arms around his neck as she buried her head into his chest. He was a bit surprised at that action, and even blushed a little with wide eyes, but he held her tightly all the same.

Danny looked up and glared at Zero. “You attacked one of your own?!”

“Her? One of our own? She wishes! She doesn't belong with us! She doesn't belong anywhere!” The girl seemed to whimper more. She clutched to Danny like a lifeline; he couldn't believe this was the same girl he had met earlier. “She's not a ghost, not a girl, and, before you ask, SHE'S NO HALFA EITHER!” He roared in frustration. “I'll never understand why Master asked her to join us! She's not fit for it! She was willing to spare you!” Suddenly, a violet Ghost Ray blasted him. Danny looked down and saw that the girl had done that.

“WILL YOU DO AMITY PARK A FAVOR AND BE QUIET?!” She cried, but since she had released Danny's neck in order to shoot her ray, she was losing balance and was about to fall before Danny held her close again, resulting in major blushes from her. Zero jumped off the roof and flew toward them, but Danny immediately flew up, and kicked Zero across the cheek when he was in range. “The next time you get the urge to shove defenseless young women off a building, I suggest you think about that sting on your cheek!” Both Danny and the girl laughed out loud as they flew away. Zero glared at them, fire in his eyes, and he screamed at the top of his lungs…

“TRAITOR!!!”

~

Ooh, it's getting coooooooooool!
Seriously, I'm really liking how this is turning out!
Seeya!

[1] Remember "The Ultimate Enemy?" When Jazz threw the Boooomerang into the Ghost Zone and it searched for Danny for 10 years? Well, if the parents ever got it back, of course it would be all rusted!
[2] Think Sam's dress in "Parental Bonding." Remember the webbing on her arms?
[3] I don't know if the ghost tail is grab-able, but please just bear with me!