Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Danny Phantom -- Shadow-Bound ❯ Sunday--The Final Battle ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

~~CHAPTER 7~~
~~SUNDAY—THE FINAL BATTLE~~


Lisa awoke in a dark room. She groaned as she pushed herself up. “Wha...what happened...?” She droned. Then she shot her head up and gasped. “Danny!” She remembered everything in that millisecond and struggled to get up. She gasped again when she looked forward and saw Danny lying down on some kind of pedestal. She ran to him, seeing that he was unconscious. She knelt beside him and started to cry. It was true; Nightshade had succeeded in making Danny another one of his little assistants. And it was only about a half-hour until the planets aligned!

She heard groaning behind her and gasped when she saw Zero and Sapphire waking up behind her. Zero blinked a few times before he then smashed his fist into the ground. “Why?! I've been nothing but loyal!” He cried. Sapphire placed her hand on his back. “He never intended to free us, remember?”

Lisa walked over to them. Zero shot her a cold look. “There. You were right, are you happy now?” He spat. Sapphire was about to tell him to stop before Lisa spoke. “No. No, I'm not happy. I told you so I could help you! I didn't want this!”

Zero kept glaring at her, but sighed and looked down. “I just…don't believe it…what do we do now?”

Lisa crossed her arms. “Simple. We have to stop him.”

”How?” Sapphire asked. “We don't have enough power to fight him, and Danny is now one of us! How can we possibly beat him?!”

Lisa cringed. “I said it was simple, I didn't say it was easy!”

“…Ali…?”

Lisa turned and saw Danny regaining consciousness. “Danny!!” She cried happily and ran over to him and held him tightly. “Where are we?” Danny asked. “I don't know…I'm guessing we're at a place where the angle for stripping you of your energy toward the moon would be best.” Lisa answered. “It kind of looks like an abandoned mansion or something like that.” Zero commented. Sapphire held her arms as she looked around. Danny took a firm hold on Lisa. “Guys, we can do this. I know we can!”

Zero shot him a look. “Nightshade is impossible to beat, Phantom Boy! How many ways can I put that?!”

”Nobody is absolutely invincible, Zero!” Sapphire argued. “Besides, what else can we do? Do you want the Earth to be shrouded in darkness?” Zero grumbled something and looked back down. “Well, let's at least get out of here first.” Zero said. Everybody agreed. Lisa was about to move after the retreating Zero and Sapphire before Danny hand pulled her back. “Lisa…Ali…this might not be the best time to say this, but I need to tell you something.” Lisa turned back to him. “What?”

Danny sighed. “Ali…I'm sorry, but I…I don't return your feelings. I do think you're an amazing girl but I just don't feel the same way.” Lisa gasped softly, widening her eyes. She looked down. “I'm…I'm sorry…” Danny said again. Lisa looked back up at him with a smile. “I understand.” She simply said. “Really…I…I just--”

They were interrupted by two screams. “Oh, no!” Danny exclaimed, he jumped off the pedestal and ran toward the screams with Lisa. They gasped when they saw Nightshade standing on the balcony of the mansion, the moonlight pouring in. Zero and Sapphire were on the ground, holding their wounds. Also on the ground, right at the balcony railing, was Lisa's body, still in the green aura Nightshade had created to keep it alive.

“It's time, Ghost Boy.” He said and lunged for him. “NO!” Lisa cried and blasted him. The blast hit him immensely and he fell back. Picking up his head, he growled and blasted Lisa harder. She shrieked as she was blasted back, and when Danny turned, watching her and calling out her name, he was then grabbed by the arms by Nightshade. He picked him up and was about to carry him off before he was blasted again in the shoulder.

But it couldn't have been Lisa; Lisa threw violet rays. This one was green!

He turned. He saw Lisa, and she had a lowered-eyelid smirk on her face. “Look who I found.” She said. Sam, Tucker, and Summer came up from behind her. Tucker blew on the Ecto-Blaster made to look like a stick of lipstick, blowing away the smoke. “Um, not that I'm not happy that you still have it, but why did you have it all this time anyway?” Sam asked. “Uhh…” Tucker said, his eyes zipping back and forth, nervous.

“Enough!” Nightshade roared. “How did you find this place?!” Tucker held up the Fenton Find-It. “You might wanna turn around.” Nightshade did look behind him, seeing a green, beeping pin on his rear.

Everybody burst out laughing, even the still-captive Danny. Nightshade growled. Zero and Sapphire got up and flew up with Lisa. Lisa, Zero, and Sapphire were floating above Tucker, Sam, and Summer. “Face it, Night-Breath; you're outnumbered.” Lisa said with a smile.

Nightshade growled again and blasted something at all the kids, including Zero and Sapphire. It took the form of a glowing green net, and all the kids were trapped inside. They struggled at it but to no avail. “Now, then…” Nightshade said with a smile. He then walked over to the railing of the balcony. He held Danny in the air. [1]

“NO! NO!” Lisa cried. She struggled harder at the net along with everybody else. “This can't be happening!” Sapphire cried. But it was. Up in deep space the planets finally aligned. A bright beam flew down the planets and hit the full moon. The moon started to violently glow until a bright white beam came out of that, too, and struck Danny.

He screamed. He screamed in absolute pain. Just like the cry from before, the scream seemed to echo in Lisa's heart, torturing her. “DANNY!!” All the kids cried. Nightshade was laughing maniacally. “Finally! Soon, the world will be in the image as I define it; in permanent darkness!” Danny was still crying out in pain, his skin seeming to become paler, the beam still on his body. “GUYS, TEAR AT IT HARDER!!” Lisa screeched; she was not going to lose him!

She looked back up and gasped. Danny groaned softly and his head fell forward with closed eyes.

Time slowed down.

Was he…was he…

“NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!”

Lisa's cry seemed to echo throughout the night. As she screamed out, her body started to glow. She then thrust her fists out, snapping open the net. She then flew, gritting her teeth, toward Nightshade. She released by far the brightest and strongest energy blast she had ever made. It hit him hard in the back. He cried out, released Danny, and fell off the balcony.

The kids were a little flabbergasted by what just happened, but they shuddered, coming back to life, and ran over to Danny, who was now on the ground, still pale and, hopefully, unconscious.

Lisa awaited Nightshade to come back up with her hands glowing with power. As he slowly started to fly up with fierce rage in his eyes, Lisa yelled. “I HAVE HAD IT WITH YOU!!” She then flew toward him, resulting in a short fight. They punched, they blasted, but Lisa held up her hands and blasted him with the bright violet ray again, and he went flying off by the impact. Lisa was breathing heavily. She gasped and turned back to Danny. She flew down and then knelt down. “Is he…?” She whimpered, fearing the answer. Everybody shook their heads, saying they didn't know. They then looked up and gasped when they noticed the sky seeming to become darker. “The prophecy! It's coming true! The moon has been filled with Danny's life-force and is now using it to create eternal night!” Zero cried.

“We have to stop it!” Sapphire yelled. Lisa's eyes zipped around the ground, trying to think. “I have an idea!” She grabbed Sapphire's hand. “Take Zero's hand!” She did so. “Now, please! Concentrate on the moon! Concentrate on Danny's energy, getting it back, and giving it back to him!” The three of them then looked toward the moon. Their bodies started to glow.

Nightshade flew upward again and watched the moon create the permanent night, but was surprised to see that something was holding it back! He turned and saw that the three kids were behind it! He flew toward them, but they looked away from the moon momentarily to blast Nightshade with the glowing aura around them. And once more, he tumbled backwards.

Suddenly, out from the moon was a bright white beam that hit Danny. His body glowed with white and green. The three released hands and looked at him. “D…D…Danny?” Lisa said quietly.

Just then, the color returned to his body. He opened his eyes and let out what seemed to be both a gasp and a sigh. “Danny!” Sam, Tucker and Summer said at once. They shared a brief hug before Lisa then cut in. “Danny! Oh, my gosh! We did it!” She looked deep into Danny's eyes. She smiled brighter and held him tighter. Then she finally released him to hug Zero and Sapphire. “We did it, you guys…” She said, tears of relief falling. The two were shocked, but they hugged her back. What was in the past was now gone. They were now all friends.

Suddenly, the chokers around Zero and Sapphire glowed brightly and then snapped off their necks. They held their necks for a second before gasping. “We're…we're free…? We're free!” Sapphire cried before flinging her arms around Zero. “I don't understand…” Zero said, as he blushed from Sapphire's hug.

Lisa looked down and saw that her choker was glowing, too. But because it was just an image, when it snapped off, it simply disappeared. She turned to see her body, the green aura leaving it, and saw the real choker slip off her neck. “I'm…I'm free, too…” She didn't care that now her body was in danger of dying, she ran to Danny again, who was just getting up, and hugged him, knocking him back down. “Danny, I'm free!!”

Danny held her back. “But I don't get it.” He pulled away from her and looked at her. “What did you do?” Lisa looked down, and then snapped her fingers. “That's it!” She cried. “That's what `Overpowering my Power' means! We overpowered Nightshade, the one who gave us power!” Zero and Sapphire cheered and ran back over to Lisa, sweeping her up into a big hug. Tucker, Sam and Summer got up and smiled too. All seven of them ran over to each other and shared a high-five.

They turned when they heard slow clapping. Nightshade was responsible. “Ah, yes, congratulations, children. You have thwarted my plan and freed the little captives.” Danny then gasped. "I remember now! You were the ghost I fought two days ago!" He cried. Lisa gasped and turned to Nightshade slowly. “You...planned...this...whole...thing?!” She screamed. “You made me a drifter, and then told me to attack Danny for YOUR fault?!” He smiled. “So you finally figured it out. And you ruined my scheme.” shrugged. “Doesn't matter. At least I have a consolation prize!” He then shot a beam toward Alissa's unprotected body. “No!!” Lisa cried.

At that moment, a green shield formed around her body and absorbed the attack. Nightshade turned and saw that Danny did that. “Are you done yet?” He asked and pulled out the Fenton Thermos. “You'll have to catch me first!” He then disappeared. The kids looked around but Nightshade reappeared behind Danny and zapped him. When Danny fell down, Lisa growled and charged at Nightshade. She grabbed him by wrapping her arms around his armored chest. As he struggled against her, she called out to Danny. “Danny, now!”

“But if you hold onto him, you'll be sucked in too!” Danny tried to argue. “I won't! I promise! Just do it before I lose my hold!” They exchanged gazes before Danny pulled the lid off the thermos. “Say good-night, Nightshade!” The suction beam flew out of the thermos.

(Try to imagine this in slow-mo.)

The second the beam hit Nightshade, Lisa released him before it went all around his body.

(Okay, regular speed!)

After Nightshade had been sucked into the thermos, Danny fainted. After she had released Nightshade, Lisa fell to the ground and fainted. “Danny!” Sam and Tucker ran to Danny and knelt down to check on him.

”Lisa!” Zero and Sapphire knelt beside Lisa. “Ali!” Summer cried out her true name and knelt down.

“C'mon, wake up! Wake up!” Both groups cried out toward their respective friend. Slowly, Danny's eyes opened. “Danny!” Both of them hugged him. “Hey, guys…” Danny smiled, and then gasped. “Ali!” He crawled over to her and touched her face. Her eyes blinked open as well. “…Danny!” They both hugged, and then Lisa was attacked by Zero, Sapphire and Summer in hugs.

All seven of them huddled together. “That was incredible!” Tucker exclaimed. “What was?” Summer asked. “EVERYTHING!” Tucker answered with a big smile. “Yeah…this was one heck of a weekend, huh, Danny?” Sam said. Danny nodded. Then Tucker gasped. “Oh, crud, I just remembered! We have a book report on War and Peace due tomorrow!” Sam gasped too. “Oh, man, that's right! And I also volunteered to write a 200 word essay on the runaway cow and how it deserved to be free, too!” [2] Danny gulped. “And, next to the book report, I have 6-pages of Algebra homework.” He shuddered, trying to remember how to do slope.

The ghosts, including Lisa, were laughing, but then Lisa held her forehead with her right hand, groaning. “Ali?!” Danny cried. “…I feel weak…” Lisa murmured. Danny gasped and looked toward her body, which still had the shield over it. “It's a shield, not a life-support machine!” He helped Lisa up. “We have to get you back to your body!” Lisa looked at him. “I'm…I'm finally going home…” She said. Danny nodded. “Yeah. Yeah, you are!”

“But I'm never going to see you again…” Tears slowly fell down her face. “What?” Danny asked. “You don't remember? We all got into this mess because I was moving! If I go back home...we'll continue with the trip…” She silently cried. Danny held her. “I'm sorry…you're right, I forgot…but you need to go back home. Do you have any idea how much your family misses you?” Lisa pulled away from him. “I've had some ideas…okay. I'll go.” She then smiled.

“Lisa.” Sapphire called. Lisa left Danny and walked to the ghost couple. “I'm sorry for everything I've done to you.” Sapphire noticed Zero looking away with his arms crossed and elbowed him. “I'm…” Then he sounded more sincere. “…also sorry.”

“Will I ever see you guys again?” Lisa asked. “Sure you will!” Sapphire hugged her. “We'll see you guys again! For sure! And if we don't come to you, if you ever come into the Ghost Zone, my door has a sapphire on it!” The two of them giggled. Lisa looked back to her body, but then she went over to Danny. “Danny…you told me…you told me you didn't love me like I love you.” Danny looked at her sadly. Lisa then placed her hands on his shoulders. “And you know what? I accept it. But I just want you to know something. If you ever feel like you may want, or need my love, for any reason at all, I'll always be there to give it to you.” She promised. Danny looked a little unsure at first, but then gave a warm smile. Lisa blushed gently and walked to her body. She stopped at her body's feet, and then made herself fall.

She seemed to disintegrate as she returned to her body. All the kids surrounded her body. Alissa slowly opened her eyes and smiled. All the kids cheered. She slowly got up halfway and held Danny. “Please…just one more time…” She kissed him again. Danny didn't fight this time, knowing how important he was to her. Now that she was back into her body, her lips were warm and comforting; though they were already comforting even when they were cold.

Sam crossed her arms, and looked away, not saying anything. Tucker and Summer giggled. After the kiss was done, Alissa collapsed into Danny's arms, falling asleep; she's had a rough weekend.

Danny carried her in his arms. “Bye, you guys.” He said to Zero and Sapphire. “I'll be sure to visit you!” Zero and Sapphire said good-bye back before they flew away. “Be right back.” He told the others before he flew toward the hospital.

The three normal kids were left alone now. “Summer?” Tucker called. “Yeah?” Summer asked. “Be honest…did you really want to go out with me or was this a pity date?” Tucker asked, looking a little sad. “Uh…” Summer was nervous about answering. “…A little more of the second one?” She said with a nervous giggle. “I thought so.” Tucker said.

“But you know…”

Tucker looked back at her.

“I've…I've had worse nights.”

“Really?”

“Really.” ; Summer then walked over to Tucker and kissed him on the cheek. Tucker was frozen for a second, then looked like he was short-circuiting robot before he fainted. “Tucker!” Summer cried. She and Sam looked at the unconscious heap on the ground and then looked at each other.

“Never been kissed by anyone other than his mom?” Summer asked.

“Never been kissed by anyone other than his mom.” Sam answered.

~

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE'S GONE?!” David, Alissa's father, roared as he practically shook the life out of the doctor. Alissa's mother, Kelly, was crying her eyes out on the empty bed. The doctor, very frightened by David, shakily explained that they were doing all they could to find her and left the room.

David sighed heavily and ran his fingers through his brown hair, his brown eyes looking down at his wife. She came back up, her green eyes still forming tears and her blond hair was messy by her crying. “This entire moving trip has been a disaster. And to make matters worse, her birthday is tomorrow and not only is she not awake to celebrate it, she's not even here!” Kelly sniffled. “David…what should we do?”

”Excuse me!” A voice came from out of nowhere and the parents looked all around for it. But then, Danny came in through the ceiling of the room, intangible, and then became solid again. “Is this yours?” He asked, still holding Alissa in his arms. “ALISSA!” Kelly cried in unsuppressed jubilation. Danny placed the girl back onto the bed and was then attacked by Kelly. “Thank goodness for you, Ghost Boy, thank goodness for you…”

“Kelly, how do you know he wasn't the one who took her?!” David asked. “No! I wasn't! I swear!” Danny cried. Alissa started to stir and the parents looked back at her. For the first time in two days, they saw their beautiful little girl's jade green eyes. “Mom…Dad…”

The parents couldn't say anything. They just assailed their daughter with hugs and kisses. “Mom! Dad! Knock it off! I'm okay!” They finally pulled back after a while. “The Ghost Boy saved my life!” Unfortunately, so saying, Danny groaned and fell onto the bed. “DANNY!” Alissa shrieked and held hid unmoving figure. He must be so exhausted…Alissa thought. She gasped in horror when she saw the two familiar blue rings form. “No! No! Danny, don't!”

Too late.

Danny Fenton now lied down on the bed.

The parents gasped. “I've seen that boy before!” David exclaimed. “Fenton, I think…”

“Mom! Dad! Please don't tell anyone! Please!!” Alissa begged. Danny slowly came to. He realized he had de-transformed and shot his head up, looking at the mouth-agape parents. “Uh…” Danny said nervously, zipping his eyes back and forth.

”We won't tell!” Kelly said. “Of course we won't! This boy saved your life. Not revealing his secret is the LEAST we can do!” She said. Both kids breathed a huge sigh of relief. “But of all the people to be the Ghost Boy…” David murmured.

“DAD!!” Alissa shrieked. “Anyway…” She hugged Danny. “Thank you so much…for everything…” As she held Danny, she noticed that she still had her choker. It was on her waist. It hadn't fallen off during the flight. She touched it. “Mom…Dad…I need to tell you two something.”

When she was done with her tale of what went on during the weekend, David was fanning a fainted Kelly. “It's the truth! I swear!” Alissa cried. “Oh, we believe you, darling…” Kelly breathlessly said. “It's just…oh, my gosh, why couldn't you just have been in a coma?!” She cried. Danny and Alissa couldn't help but giggle.

“But seriously, Danny Fenton…no, Danny Phantom, we are so grateful for what you've done. Is there any way we can repay you?” David offered. “You're keeping my identity secret; that's enough for me.” Danny said with a smile.

“Wait!” Alissa said. “I have an idea!

~*MONDAY AFTERNOON*~

After school, the Fenton and Baker families were partying like there was no tomorrow at the Baker household.

Originally, the Bakers were moving and were going to celebrate Alissa's 14th birthday after the move. But Alissa had wanted to party with her new friends. Tucker and Summer were dancing, Sam was ranting on about how it was wrong to play a game about sticking a pin into a donkey's rear, and Jack was blathering on about ghosts to the Baker parents.

Alissa had gone up to the roof, her hands on the railing. She was staring at the sky. “There you are!” She gasped and turned to see Danny. “What're you doing up here, Birthday Girl?” He asked with a smile. “Well…after the party's done, I was just thinking about the move again. I won't see you, Tucker, Sam, Summer, or any of you again.” Danny hugged her. “I'm sure we will…really!” He insisted her. He released her and they both stared at the sky for a while. “Now c'mon! The ice cream's melting!” Danny ran back downstairs. Alissa was about to follow him, but then reached into her pocket and pulled out the necklace. She gazed at it, then shoved it back into her pocket and ran back downstairs.

This was her party; she was NOT going to lose any cake!

~

[1]Think Disney's The Lion King, when Rafiki held up Simba.
[2]I don't know if you know, but there was this story on the news a while ago about a cow who honestly seemed to know that he was going to the slaughter house and ran away. Dumbfounded, they actually decided to let it go. (Giggle)
Sorry that I had Alissa's parents learn pretty much everything, but I'm working on a sequel to this, and for everything to flow properly, they had to know.

WOO-HOO!! I'm almost done! There's just the epilogue left!!
(Party stuff goes off)

Stay tuned for the final chappie!!