Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Ember's Comeback ❯ Some help! ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Ember floated through the endless void that was The Ghost Zone. Twice she had tried to take over the world with her music and twice that halfa had stopped her. She mentally kicked herself as she tried to figure out what went wrong. The first time it was that girl with those weird earrings. The second she simply blamed on that kid ghost pirate. Sure he was easy to manipulate, but not what she needed. She smirked as she floated to one of the floating doors she was looking for, “Third times a charm!” The door was solid black metal with glowing red chains wrapped around it. She gulped a little as she knocked on the door three times. They glowed with green light and the chains slowly unwrapped themselves from the door. The door opened inward and the chains wrapped around her. She didn’t bother to struggle. She had come here before. The chains flung her into the doorway and the door slammed shut. The chains rewrapped around the door. Ember found herself in a dark room with a single light shinning from the ceiling. She walked into the light, “Are you here?”

“I am always here!” The voice was male and sounded teenaged. A teen walked toward her and stopped just short of the light. He was dressed in a black suit. He had a young face with black hair. His eyes glowed green, “It is good to see you again. How did everything go?”

Ember sighed, “I failed to take over the living world. I need your help to finally succeed.”

“You know that is imposable!” The man stepped closer. His chin was just slightly higher than Ember’s head, “It is to risky! I’m to volatile!”

“But my music can keep you in normal. You won’t lose control!”

The ghost shook his head, “No!” He turned around, “Drop by again! I enjoy our talks.”

Ember slung her guitar from around her back, “I will make you help me!”

The teen rolled his shoulders, “You know that is unwise! Are you really that determined?” He glanced over and looked at her face, “I see! Make me a CD of your music. I will help you!”

“Good!” She returned her guitar to her back, “That ghost kid doesn’t stand a chance against you.”

____________________________________________________________ ____________

Danny sighed as he looked at the large selection of books. He, Sam, and Tucker had come to the local bookstore to find a book for their book reports. Their teacher had made them actually turn in a book with the report. So the library was out. He had spotted Dash outside, but managed to duck in before he reached him. Dash stood at the door for a few minutes, then walked off. Sam laughed then went to find a Goth book. What surprised Danny, they had a Goth section. He had lost Tucker in the stacks of computer books. As he reached for some book in a red cover, a blue stream of air came from his mouth. He quickly ran in-between two bookshelves, “Going Ghost!” He transformed into Danny Phantom and turned invisible. He flew around the store and spotted a teenager in a black suit buying books. He had black hair and green eyes. His ghost sense went off, “Bingo!” He reappeared, “Alright ghost! Lets do this!”

The teenager excepted his change and the bag of books, “Your early!” He checked his watch, “Can we reschedule?”

“Sure!” Danny’s hands glowed green and slammed them together. A green beam shot out and blasted the man. His bag fell from hit hands and he slammed into a bookcase. It creaked and fell on top of him. The people in the store all screamed and ran out. Danny picked up the bag of books as Sam and Tucker ran up. He looked at the books, “Managing a Star for Dummies! How to Make a Music Carrier Blossom!”

Sam looked over the titles, “I’m sensing a pattern.”

Danny looked at the last book, “Defeating your Nemesis for Dummies! Man they do make a book for everything!”

The man ghosted through the fallen shelves and stood in front of the trio, “Yes and I did flip through that one before you appeared.” His body flashed with green light and his clothes changed into a black rockers outfit. Black boots, paints, shirt, gloves, and a black trench coat, “Now would you please give those back? I did pay for them!”

Danny opened his mouth and then closed it, “Your not here to fight!”

“I was bored!” He walked over and grabbed his books, “A little paranoid are we?” His eyes started to glow red. He shook his head, “Another time!” He turned transparent and disappeared into the floor.

Tucker scratched his head, “Well that was different!”

Danny returned to normal, “Yeah! But those books had to be meant for something other than just simple reading.”

Sam slapped him upside the head, “Which one of your enemies uses music?”

“EMBER!” Danny kicked a fallen book away, “I can’t believe I didn’t see that.”

“I can!”

“What?”

Sam smiled, “Nothing!”

Danny looked around, “Great! First I can’t find a book. Now I need to keep an eye out for Ember. What next?”

___________________________________________________________ _____________

Vlad Masters answered the knock at the door, “What do you want?”

A teenager in a black suit was standing in front of him, “Mister Masters! I have a proposal for you.”

“What kind of a proposal?”

The teenager smiled, “A kind that will get you what your money can’t!” He pulled a small photo from his pocket and handed it to him.

Vlad took it and smiled, “Come in!”

_____________________________________________________________ ___________

“Use my book!”

“You wrote a book?” Danny had returned home and his dad was holding a large book with his picture on it.

Jack smiled, “Yep! I call it The Fenton Journal! It is filled with all my ghost hunting adventures. The publisher classified it as fiction, but it is all true!” He dropped the book in his son’s arms, “Good reading!”

Danny dropped the book on his desk in his room, “Well that is one less problem.” He sat down his bed, “But I just wish I could figure out what Ember and that other guy is planning!”

_______________________________________________________ _________________

“So how can you get me Maddie Fenton?” Both Vlad and the teen sat in the large living room drinking tea.

The man pulled another photo from his jacket, “You know a ghost named Ember?”

Vlad took the photo of the singer, “Yes! But what has that have to do with anything?”

“I am her manager! If you agree to fund her comeback concert, she will gain enough power to play a love song that will make any girl that hears it fall in love with the first guy she sees. Forever!”

Vlad’s face brightened, “You have a deal! But what about Danny Phantom?”

The man finished his tea and stood up, “I have a plan for him. Just keep in the dark for right now. When the time is right, we will crush him.”

“And who are you?”

“In good time! I will contact you soon!” He walked out of the house.

_________________________________________________________________ _______

Danny sat down at the lunch table, “Man! I stayed up half the night on patrol, but not one ghost!” His head fell for the table.

Tucker managed to move his lunch tray before Danny’s head hit it, “Maybe they took a night off.”

“Maybe!” His ghost sense went off, “Or maybe they were waiting for me to be tired.”

“I AM THE BOX GHOST! BEWARE!” A blue ghost in overalls floated by.

Danny sighed, “Why me?” He ducked into the bushes, “Going Ghost!” Danny Phantom shot from the bushes and slammed The Box Ghost down, “So what do you want this time?”

“I am the lord of all packaging objects that are square. I will imprison you in a small package that is square.”

“Right!” Danny caught The Fenton Thermos that Tucker had thrown and captured the ghost, “Well that was dull!”

As Sam watched, The teen in the suit appeared behind her. He sprayed her in the face with a small can and she fell asleep. The man caught her and tosses a note on the ground. He turned himself and Sam invisible and vanished into the ground.

________________________________________________________________ ________

Danny Phantom flew over the park and landed next to the pond. He had found the note and it told him to be at the park at sundown. As the sun set, the teen floated out of the ground and appeared, “Your on time!”

“Where is Sam?”

The man pulled his headphones off his head, “You’ll see her in time.” He pulled an envelope from his jacket, “This is a ticket to Ember’s comeback concert. You will be there tomorrow, midnight!”

“Why?”

“I want you where I can see you! At one am you will get Sam back. By then it will be too late.

“For what?”

The teen smiled, “You’ll see!”

He started to vanished, but Danny yelled to him, “Who are you?”

“The name is Zack! I am Ember’s manager.” He vanished into the ground.

“She has a manager?”