Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Ember's Comeback ❯ Burning Light! ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Danny quickly tried to come up with a plan. Zaaz, the Demon Ghost was in front of him and Plasmus, his arch enemy was coming up behind him. As Zaaz readied his claws, Danny remembered a cartoon he watched and dropped down as Plasmus came up. Unfortunately, Plasmus stopped short of ramming into Zaaz, “You actually thought that old trick would work!”

Zaaz shrugged and rammed his glowing fist into Plasmus’s face. As the ghost fell back, he blasted him with a red beam of energy that shot him toward the stage and through the back dropping. The crowed acted as if they weren’t there. Zaaz chuckled, “Your next!”

“Well I would say thank you for clocking Plasmus one, but some how I doubt you'd appreciate it.” Danny shot an energy beam at Zaaz. The ghost ducked it and shot toward Danny. As he reached him, Zaaz flew past and turned transparent, “Sam!” Zaaz entered her body and her eyes glowed red.

Sam floated up toward him, “This body will do for now! Do you dare fight back?” Before Danny could answer, she shot him with an energy beam. Danny fell against the back wall and Sam flew at him. She brought her leg up and slammed it into his chest. Danny managed to phase through the wall as he was pushed back. Sam didn’t bother to follow and turned toward the stage, “Now for you!” She shot toward the stage.

Ember laughed, “My power is almost at it’s peak! You can’t hope to take me on.” She turned the knob on her guitar, “Time to wipe you out like a bad melody.” She played her guitar and a large red wave of energy shot from it. Sam pulled The Fenton Phones from her ears and held them up. Her hands glowed red and the wave hit them. The wave was absorbed by the phones. Ember backed away a little, “What?”

“These human toys are actually useful.” She tossed them away and held her arms up. A huge sphere of red energy formed above her, “Good bye!” She threw it at Ember. As the sphere was about to hit, Ember was pulled into the floor. The sphere exploded, scorching the stage. Sam landed on the stage, “Where did you go?” The fireworks around the stage exploded and a ghost rose up from the floor. He wore all black with a black trench coat. A red guitar was strapped around his back. His skin was bluish and his hair was long and moved like blue fire. Sam backed away laughing, “You! You turned yourself into a ghost, in order to protect that girl.” Sam laughed so hard she had to float up to keep from falling, “You think she will except you now. Your pathetic!”

The ghost smiled, “Perhaps!” He pulled the guitar from his back, “But I made this choice long ago. She may not care about me, but I will follow her and protect her until I am no more.”

“Give it up Zack! Your powers are no where near mine. You will regret losing me.”

“That man is gone. The name is Burn! Remember that!” He slammed his fingers onto the guitar strings and a beam of green light shot from it. Sam didn’t expect it and didn’t have time to block. She was blasted to the back off the hall. Burn swung the guitar around to his back and flew after her. Sam started to form an energy orb, but Danny flew out of the wall and grabbed her arms.

“Let go!”

“Sam! Are you in there?”

“Danny! Help me!” It was Sam’s voice. She screamed and her eyes glowed brighter, “I will harm her if you don’t let go!” Zaaz’s voice was back.

Burn stopped in front of the pair, “Can you hold her till we get her back to your lab?”

“No!” Danny brought her to the ground and returned to being normal.

“What are you doing?”

Sam smiled, “Fool!” Zaaz flew out of Sam and entered Danny’s body. His eyes glowed and he let go of Sam, “Yes! Finally a human that has real power.” He transformed into Danny Phantom, but his suit was now black with red boots and gloves. His eyes glowed at the two on the ground, “Thanks for the temporary residence, but now it is time to finish you off.” He fired a beam at them, but Burn pulled him and Sam into the floor.

_________________________________________________________________ _____________

Sam, Burn, and Ember were in the room directly below the stage. It was the same room Sam had been locked in, but she was on the other side of the bars this time. “I am so close! People around the world are waiting for me to sing my last song. Then I will have all the power I need.”

“Would you drop it!” Sam was yelling, “My best friend has been overshadowed by a Demon Ghost and is bent on killing all three of us.”

“Well in all fairness. He can kill you, but all he can do is obliterate Ember and me.”

Sam sighed, “We need a plan! Come on! You two are ghosts.”

Burn scratched his head. “Ember’s music could work!”

“No! Danny is still wearing his Fenton Phones!”

Burn grabbed a pair of sunglasses from a table, “I will get them off him! Ember, I know you want to take over the planet, but you’ll need to use your power to get rid of this menace.” Ember sighed and shook her head. Burn grabbed Sam’s arm and took her out of the room. He came back a minute later, “Come on Ember! This guy wants to destroy the world. The world you want to control. Whats the point of not helping take him down?”

“I have never gotten this close before. The populace are ready.”

Burn shook his head, “I can’t play as well as you. Please!”

“Why did you do this to yourself? Why did you become a ghost?”

Burn rubbed his eyes, “You! I know you don’t trust anyone to get remotely close to you, but I can’t help the way I feel. Even if you keep me at arms length forever, I will always be there.” He flew out of the room. Ember was left alone with her thoughts.

______________________________________________________________ ________________

As Danny was ready to tare the place apart, Burn flew at him, “There you are!”

“Lets take this outside!” Burn flew through the roof with Danny on his heels. Both ghost landed on the roof and stood ready, “Let the boy go! He isn’t apart of this.”

Danny smiled, “He is now!” His hands glowed red, but then he stopped and grabbed his head, “Help me!”

“Take off the phones!” Danny seemed to be wrestling with himself, but managed to pull The Fenton Phones off his ears and drop them. Burn readied his guitar, “Hold on!” He turned a knob and hit the strings. A green beam shot out and hit Danny dead on.

He fell back and rolled toward edge. Before he fell off, he rolled to his knees. He screamed, “GET OUT!” Zaaz flew out of Danny and fell to the roof. Danny took a few deep breathes, “That was intense!”

Burn walked over to him, “He can’t overshadow a ghost. I guess your dual form weakened him enough.”

Danny stood up, “Lets get him!”

“Done!”

Zaaz stood up, “I can still take you on!”

Before they could fight, Plasmus flew out of the roof. He turned human, “Join me! I want the power.” Before Danny or Burn could move, Zaaz flew into Vlad and he transformed into Plasmus again, “Yes!” He held his hands out and two huge beams of red energy shot out. Both Danny and Burn phased through the roof as the beams hit. Plasmus blasted a hole into the roof and followed.

______________________________________________________________ ________________

YOU WILL REMEMBER MY NAME!”

Ember finished her last song and hair was glowing immensely, “Finally! I am at my highest level of power.”

Sam stood behind her, nervously, “So can you stop Zaaz?”

“I could, but this world will soon be mine!”

“But!”

Ember knocked her away, “I don’t care about you goodie goodie boyfriend.”

“Heads up!” Danny and Burn dropped from the ceiling as Plasmus blasted through it, “Couldn’t he just ghost through it.”

“Better the roof than us!”

“Good point!” Danny looked at the stage, “She’s ready!”

“You got point!” Both ghost flew toward the stage as Plasmus followed.

Ember watched the trio flying toward her. Sam stood up, “Its the world or the one guy who listened to you with out being hypnotized.”

Ember glanced over to her and then back toward the ghosts, “A good manager is hard to find. Who Do You Love?”

“EMBER!” The crowed cheered loudly.

Ember brought her hand up, “YOU WILL REMEMBER MY NAME!” She played her guitar. A huge shockwave of blue energy shot from the guitar. Both Danny and Burn dropped instantly, but Plasmus didn’t. The waves ripped into him and Vlad dropped to the floor. Zaaz screamed out as he exploded. Ember’s hair returned to normal and collapsed onto the stage.

Vlad pushed himself up, “Well that could have gone better.” He looked up to see Danny and Burn standing over him. He smiled, “Don’t suppose we could just laugh this off.”

Danny smirked, “Well! I will be laughing.” Vlad stood up and straightened his tie. He took off running. Danny just wished he had the energy to chase after him. The crowed seemed to have been freed from Ember’s control and started to leave. Danny returned to his human form.

Jack walked by with his wife in his arms, “Hey Danny! Think you could stay at your friends house tonight?”

“I guess!”

“Great!” He left.

Danny shrugged, “Better not ask!” He ran to the stage, “Sam!”

Sam held up the collar, “It came off.”

“Good! I’m sorry you went through all this.”

“It was kind of fun! In a weird life threatening way.” Sam glanced over to Burn as he bent down to check Ember. “She alright?”

Burn nodded, “Just worn out!” He walked over to her, “Thank you! Without you, I never would have gotten the courage to speak my mind.” He turned to Danny and held out his hand, “Thank you for freeing me.”

Danny shook his hand, “No problem! So your going back to The Ghost Zone, Right!”

Burn smiled and pulled a small metal rod from his jacket. He pointed it and a green beam shot from it. A green portal opened at the far end of the stage, “A little toy I borrowed from your dad’s lab.” He picked up Ember’s guitar and swung it over his shoulder, “Oh and Danny!”

“Yes!”

Burn threw out his hand and blasted Danny with a green beam. Danny hit the ground and Burn laughed, “You managed to prevent Ember’s plan this time. But mark my words! The next time our paths cross, you won’t be so lucky.” He picked up Ember and jumped into the portal. It shut behind him.

Sam helped Danny up, “Guess he isn’t going on your friend list.”

“Guess not!” Sam started to let go, but Danny held her hand, “You want to get a bite or something.”

Sam smiled, “Sure!”

____________________________________________________ __________________________

Ember woke up and found herself in Burn’s arms. They were flying through The Ghost Zone, “Why do you care so much about me? You could’ve had a normal life.”

“A life without you isn’t worth living.”

“Don’t expect me to play the damsel in distress.”

“I won’t!”

“Good!” She curled up and got comfortable, “Home!”

“Yes ma’am!”

____________________________________________________ __________________________

The End!