Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Ember's Comeback ❯ Desperate Move ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Fifteen minutes into the concert and Danny found it hard to sit still. He and Sam were the only ones in the entire hall that weren’t chanting Ember’s name. He transformed into Danny Phantom without thinking about it. Both he and Sam froze, but the collar didn’t do anything and the rest of the people didn’t even notice. Danny sighed, “I guess he doesn’t consider Danny Phantom any more of a threat than Danny Fenton!” Ember passed him a glance and seemed to smirk evilly before singing again.

Sam patted his shoulder, “You'll figure something out.”

Danny slammed his fist down onto the arms of his chair, “This stinks!” He glowed blue and he split in two. His double was on the floor and wasn’t spotted. Danny smiled, “That will work!” When the crowed jumped to their feet and cheered. He switched places with his double and phased through the floor.

_________________________________________________________________ _____________

Zack watched Danny from back stage, “Poor boy! So close and yet so far from your enemy.”

Danny slowly rose out of the floor behind Zack. He could see the remote clipped to his belt. As Danny reached out for it, a red beam of energy hit him and set him to the floor. Plasmus walked up as Zack turned toward the downed hero, “Nice try!”

“Plasmus! What are you doing here?”

“I’m funding this concert.” He waved toward the equipment, “And I am having this broadcasted to every television in the world. Soon I...” Zack elbowed him in the chest.

“Chapter five!”

“Oh yes! Never over monolog. I think this counts as a twitch!”

Zack grabbed the remote, “I agree!”

“Coward!” Danny stood up, “Fight me!”

Zack shrugged and tossed the remote to Plasmus, “If you want! Just stay away from Ember and the equipment!”

“Or the girl’s head goes boom!” Vlad held up the remote.

“Done!” Danny’s copy vanished and he flew out of the building.

Zack turned on his mp3 player, “This shouldn’t take long!” He flew after him.

Vlad chuckled as he clipped the bomb remote onto his belt. He pulled another remote from his jacket, “Your right! It won’t!”

____________________________________________________ __________________________

Danny flew high into the sky, “Now I just have to get him back home!”

“Twerp!” Zack appeared behind Danny and slammed both of his fist into the back of his neck.

As Danny fell, he spun around and shot Zack with a pair of energy blast from his hands. Both ghost fell down and phased through the street. The reformed in the sewer and locked hands. Danny could here Ember’s music coming from Zack’s headphones, “Doesn’t that music get old?”

“No!” Zack rammed his foot into Danny’s chest and tossed him up. Danny phased through the ground and shot into the air. Zack flew after him. As he came out of the ground, Danny slammed his foot into his face. Zack fell down and rolled to his feet. Both of their hands glowed green and each fired a beam of energy at the other. The beams met in-between them and a sphere formed as they tried to over power the other, “Give it up! I have more power than you.”

“We will see!”

Zack started to laugh, but then his mp3 player sparked and exploded, “VLAD!”

Danny used the distraction to double the power in his beam and the sphere shot at Zack. It hit him hard and exploded on contact. Zack fell to the ground several feet away. Danny flew up and landed on top of him. He grabbed his jacket, “Now release Sam. NOW!”

Zack’s eyes glowed red, “You have bigger problems than that!” He exploded with red light and Danny was blasted off. Zack stood and transformed into Zaaz, “As soon as I tear you apart, I will take care of that blasted singer.”

Danny flew up, “I can’t believe I am protecting Ember!” Danny tossed a energy sphere at Zaaz, “Can’t catch me!” He flew into the sky.

Zaaz roared, “You will pay for you cockiness.” He flew after him.

___________________________________________________________________ ___________

At twelve thirty, Ember stopped for a ten minute intermission. She walked to the back and looked around, “Where is Zack?”

“That kid managed to duplicate himself and sneak back here. Zack is chasing him off.” Vlad ditched his remote.

“Well that is dumb! We have the girl.”

Dash walked in with The Fenton Family, “I love you Ember!”

“Yeah! Why don’t you take Jazz for a tour.” Jazz who was hypnotized by Ember’s music complied.

Maddie looked at Vlad, “Your here!”

“Yes! I love this new age music.”

“I AM THE BOX GHOST!” The blue ghost in overalls flew up, “BEWARE!” He flew off.

“Ghost!” Jack ran after it.

Maddie tried to follow, but Ember played a quick couple of cords. Her eyes glowed green and she sat down in a chair Vlad provided. Vlad fixed his tie, “How long?”

“The intermission will be over in a few minutes. The song shouldn’t take more than two minutes to play. These fools have given me more than enough power to play it at full power.”

Vlad rubbed his hands together, “Excellent!”

_______________________________________________ _______________________________

Tucker rushed to activate a control panel, “Hope this works!”

Danny flew into the lab and landed next to Tucker, “Ready!”

“As ready as I’m going to be!”

Zaaz flew into the room and landed on the ground, “You thought you could lure me back into The Ghost Zone! Fools! You think I would be that stupid.”

Danny sighed, “Your too smart for me!” Tucker hit a button and the metal dream catcher rose out of the floor behind Zaaz. He turned around. Danny shot forward, “NOT!” Danny tackled Zaaz and both fell toward The Fenton Ghost Catcher.

Tucker grabbed a Fenton Fisher from the desk and activated it, “Catch!” He threw the line and Danny caught it and Tucker pulled him clear of the Ghost Catcher. Zaaz fell through it and split apart. Zack fell to the floor as Zaaz flew into the air. He roared. Tucker tossed Danny his thermos. Danny took aim, but the ghost flew out of the lab.

Danny flew over and checked Zack, “He is alive!”

Zack opened his eyes and stood up, “My ghost.”

“How long were you overshadowed?”

“I wasn’t overshadowed. When a Demon Ghost bonds with a human, it turns the human into a ghost hybrid with incredible powers. But it also turns them into monsters. Ember helped me to keep my mind.”

“How do I remove the collar?”

“It is on a timer. The only way to remove it is to wait until it snaps off itself.”

“Great! Now what?”

Zack checked his watch, “I suggest you get back to the concert. In about eight minutes Sam will be in love with the first guy she sees.”

“What?” Danny phased out of the room.

Tucker gulped as Zack picked up two Fenton Fishers, “What are you going to do?”

“Have you ever been in love?”

“Not really!”

Zack walked into The Ghost Portal, “Then you wouldn’t understand.” As he started to go through, he slammed both fishers into the sides of the portal. The portal flashed and The portal spun around him, “It is over!” The portal exploded.

Tucker took cover as the portal exploded. He stuck his head out. The portal arch was fine, but it was off. The only thing left was a burning pile of ashes, “What was that about?”

__________________________________________________________ ____________________

Danny flew into the concert hall and recognized the song Ember was playing, “Wait! Shouldn’t The Fenton Phones protect her.” He thought for a moment, “MOM!” He flew back stage. He spotted his mom sitting in the chair as Vlad waited, “Mom!”

Vlad smiled, “So you managed to defeat Zack. No matter!” He pulled the remote from his belt, “One move and Sam gets the worst makeover in the world.” He listened to Ember’s song, “Almost!”

“GHOST!” The Box Ghost flew by and Jack was close behind.

“No! You idiot!” The ghost flew through Vlad and Jack rammed into him.

The remote flew out of Vlad’s hand and Danny caught it, “Alright dad!”

Ember’s song ended and Maddie’s eyes glowed pink. Jack looked at his wife, “Are you alright?”

“Jack!” Maddie jumped out of the chair and kissed Jack! The two fell to the floor.

Danny covered his eyes, “Please get a room!”

Vlad stood up, “NO! So close! You will pay for that.” He transformed into Plasmus, “If I can’t have my love. You won’t have yours.”

“She isn’t..” Danny dodged a tackle by Vlad and flew onto the stage.

Ember had just played the counter cord and had the masses chanting her name, “You! What happen to my manager?”

“Remind me to tell you about him later.” He flew into the crowed and gave the remote to Sam, “Be careful with that!”

“Thanks!”

Danny started to fly out, but Zaaz blocked him, “You may have freed my slave, but you will make a nice replacement.”

Danny looked back and Plasmus was flying at him, “Oh great! Options!”