Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Ember's Comeback ❯ Rise of The Demon ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Ember descended into Sam’s cell room. She had heard the girl yelling, “What is it?”

“Your manager started to glow red and he left.”

“Huh!” Ember looked around and spotted the crushed tape player, “He didn’t!”

“Didn’t what? Would you please tell me what is going on?”

Ember picked up the shards of the player, “He is a Demon Ghost! Whenever he gets mad, he turns into a monster. My music kept his mood in check.” She tossed the shards at the wall, “He is going to ruin everything! Why did he smash it?” She flew out of the room.

Sam sat down, “Hurry Danny!”

__________________________________________________________ ____________________

Both Maddie and Jack took aim at the red ghost with their large Fenton Cannons. Danny flew up to avoid their aim. Zaaz laughed and started to walk toward them. Both ghost hunters fired their guns. Large green beams shot from the cannons and hit Zaaz in the chest. Zaaz’s feet dug into the ground as he was pushed back by the fire. Danny smiled, “Alright!” His hands glowed green and he fired a green beam that joined the others. Zaaz was blasted back and he fell to the ground. The Fentons stopped firing as Jack fished out The Fenton Thermos to capture the ghost. Zaaz vanished into the ground. Before they could react, Zaaz flew out of the ground and picked Jack up. He flew up several feet. Both Danny and Maddie moved back.

Jack looked down, “How about we be friends?”

Zaaz chuckled, “What does a ghost hunter do when he is a ghost?”

“I don’t know!”

“Lets find out!” Zaaz spun around and tossed Jake away. Danny flew down and caught his dad. He managed to slow down his fall enough to gently drop him on the ground. Maddie aimed her cannon at the ghost, but Zaaz shot down and slapped it away, “Your pathetic toys can’t hurt me.” A red sphere of energy appeared in his hand. Before he could throw it, Danny tackled him away.

“Back off!” Both ghost rolled across the ground and Zaaz kicked Danny off him. Danny stood tall as Zaaz rose to his feet, “Leave them out of this!” Zaaz rushed forward, but Danny flew into the sky. Zaaz shot into the sky and flew above Danny. He held his hands up and red energy sparked around him. A large red sphere formed in his hands and he aimed it at Danny and the people on the ground. Several spheres shot from the large one. Danny concentrated and formed a large barrier. All the orbs exploded against the barrier and Danny was knocked out of the air. He hit the ground and Zaaz landed on top of him. His foot digging into Danny’s stomach. Danny tried to ghost through the ground, but he couldn’t, “Get off!”

“Hey!” Zaaz turned to see Maddie Fenton holding The Fenton Missile launcher. She pulled the trigger and four missiles with green warheads shot out. All four hit the ghost and exploded. The blast sent Zaaz flying. He hit a far off gazebo and it collapsed under the impact of his fall.

Danny stood up, “How many things do you have that have the word Fenton on it?”

“Not enough!” Jack pulled out The Fenton Fisher, “Your next!” They were interrupted by Zaaz’s roaring. He ghosted out of the rubble of the gazebo and charged them. Before he could reach them, a red shockwave slammed him back.

Danny looked up to see Ember standing a few feet away, “What are you doing here?”

Ember began playing her song, “Hold him off! My music should reverse the transformation.”

“What?” Danny ducked as Zaaz swiped at him. The Fentons ran back to the RV to rearm.

Zaaz grabbed Danny and tossed him over his shoulder. He glared at Ember, “Your the one who sealed me away. I will finish you first.” Ember ignored him and started to sing. Zaaz started to lash out at her, but Danny slammed into his back and flew him into the air. Zaaz turned intangible and fell through Danny as he flew up. Zaaz returned to normal and grabbed Danny’s leg. He threw him at the ground. Danny managed to phase as he was about to hit. He flew through the ground and shot back into the air. He rammed his shoulder into Zaaz’s gut. Zaaz brought his hands together and slammed them into Danny’s back. Danny dropped to the ground and retuned to his human form. Zaaz eyes flashed red and he floated to the ground, “NOOOOOO!” Zaaz exploded with red light and returned to his normal form. He collapsed on the ground. Ember checked on Zack real quick before picking up Jack’s dropped weapon. She placed it into Danny’s hands and waited as his parents ran up with more blasters.

Jack looked around, “Where is the ghost?”

Ember did her best to smile, “He is gone! Thank you so much! If it wasn’t for you and your brave son, my boyfriend would have been possessed by that sprit forever.”

“Son! Danny!” Maddie helped Danny to his feet, “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine mom. Or at least until the bells stop ringing.”

Jack patted him on the back, “Thats my boy. A born ghost hunter.” He bent down and checked the man on the ground, “He appears to be alright. Hey! Aren’t you that singer that I banned my daughter from hearing.”

Ember chuckled, “That was a while ago.” A large white limo pulled up. Ember helped Zack inside and pulled out a large white envelope, “Please take these! Three free tickets and backstage passes.”

Jack took them, “Well! I guess it would be alright. Got to keep up with the times. But we have four in our family.”

“Danny won a ticket in one of our contest.” Ember got into the limo, “See you tonight!”

________________________________________________________ ______________________

Vlad smiled as Ember covered Zack up with a small blanket. He had been in the limo, “A real pair of sweethearts you two are.”

Ember shot him an annoyed look, “We are just friends.” She looked out the car window, “The Fentons will be there tonight.”

“Good! Soon you will have your adoring public and I will have the love of my life.”

___________________________________________________________ ___________________

With only an hour to go until the concert, Ember and Zack went over the final details. Zack had a mp3 player strapped to his arm and a clipboard in the other. He seemed completely unaffected by his experience just hours before. Vlad stood nearby to hear the details, “So I will sing my standard set until twelve thirty! I should have enough power to play the love song.”

Zack tossed Vlad a pair of earplugs, “At intermission I will invite The Fentons back here. I have a distraction ready for Jack. After the song is played make sure your the only one Maddie sees. Then have her put those into her ears.”

“Why?”

Ember walked toward the stage, “I'm going to play a counter cord afterward. Can’t have the masses absorbed by something else.” Ember walked to the stage to ready her entrance.

Vlad put the plugs into his pocket, “Soon! But what to do with Jack?”

“You could toss him into The Ghost Zone!”

Vlad rubbed his chin, “I love it! How evilly ironic.”

Zack handed him his Defeating you Nemesis for Dummies book, “Chapter fourteen!”

Vlad flipped through the pages, “How to defeat your nemesis with an ironic twist! Can I borrow this!” Zack nodded. Vlad sat down and started to read.

__________________________________________________________________ ____________

Danny Fenton stood in line to Ember’s concert. He had tried to get his family to stay home, but they wouldn’t, of course. He sighed as Dash in a security uniform walked up, “Hey Fentoad! Nosebleed seats!”

As he laughed, Zack tapped him on the shoulder, “Get back to work!” Dash nodded and left. Zack walked up to Danny’s dad, “I just wanted to thank you for saving me earlier.”

“Not a problem!”

Zack pulled Danny aside, “Come! I will take you to your seat.”

Danny waved to his family as Zack lead him inside, “Where is Sam?”

“You will see her soon!”

They reached the center rows and Danny spotted Sam in the fourth row. Danny ran to her and they hugged. It was a full two seconds before the broke apart, their faces red. He noticed a large metal collar around her neck, “What is that?”

“A bomb!” Zack chuckled, “I expect you two to sit and behave. If I so much as see a twitch I don’t like.” He pulled out a small remote with a red button, “Boom! At one I will release you and the girl.”

Danny gritted his teeth, “You won’t mind if we use The Fenton Phones! I don’t want to be hypnotized by your client.”

“Whatever! Just stay put! I will be watching.” Zack disappeared behind the stage curtains.

Danny and Sam sat down, “How have you been?”

“Outside of being in a cell. Weirded out!” She put on the earphones Danny handed her, “But something more is going on here than just Ember’s comeback.”

“Tell me!” Sam related the whole story. Danny pressed a small button on his phones, “Tucker! I need you to prepare the Fenton Ghost Catcher.” Danny leaned back, “I have an idea, but I have no idea how to do it.