Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Paulina's Body ❯ You Need Mani Bad ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 5: You Need Mani Bad
Sam's POV
I was sitting in my place, without moving, just thinking. I could hear Star and Valerie talking about me, but I didn't pay attention. Instead I just remembered some things...
Flashback
"I'll be the perfect Barbie and you'll be her.", the little latina girl said to me while giving me an ugly doll.
"Why do I have to be the ugly one?", I asked her.
"Ouch!".
"What happened, Paulina?".
She showed me her hand. There was a tack in it. I quickly took it out and put my mouth on her wound.
"Don't tell my mom. She'll inject me...", she told me.
"I'll never tell on you.", I said smiling.
End of flashback
"How's life, Ultra-Recyclo-Vegetarian?", Paulina said to me.
"Y-you're ok?", I asked as I put my glasses on.
"Yeah, why wouldn't I be ok?", she said.
"Well, last night at my house...".
"Oh, Sam! You always exaggerate. Remember when we were on that camping trip and you thought it was shaking and it was just some guys with a loud stereo.", my friend said while she sat beside me.
I knew it was real. I had spent the whole night cleaning the kitchen floor. I needed to prove her it had really happened, so I showed her my nails.
"You need mani bad! You should find a chinese chick to buff your situation.", she said looking at my hands.
"What's wrong with you?", I asked.
"What's wrong with you, Sam? Apart from your obvious physical flaws.", she told me.
I looked at her shocked. She was acting like she didn't care for what recently had happened.
"People died, Paulina.", I said.
"Hmm...Anyone we knew?", she asked.
"We knew all of them!".
"Well, I guess they had bad luck.", she said. I gave her a look. Didn't she have a heart?
Mr. Lancer walked into the classroom. He gave us a sad look.
"Amity Park just suffered one of the biggest tragedies ever. Believe me, I've been through lots of them.", he said. "We lost eight students, some parents, and our dear PE teacher."
"No kidding! Tetslaff ate shit.", Paulina said laughing.
"God bless you, kids.", our teacher said to us.
We suddenly heard someone crying. Dash, the boy on the football team, was crying in front of everyone. The kid beside him was trying to comfort him. Mr. Lancer passed him a tissue.
After the bell rang, I walked out of the class. I saw many people crying. When someone died in Amity Park, it was like time stopped.
"There's no Band practice today.", Danny said while he walked beside me.
"There's no activities today.", I answered. I looked at my sad classmates and then back at my boyfriend. "I feel guilty for breathing.".
We got to his locker and while he was looking for his stuff, I decided it was time to tell him.
"I-I gotta tell you something.", I said. "Last night Paulina went to my house, and she looked like she had been beaten.".
"That's weird.", Danny said.
"I know, and then she threw up something black, it looked like a dead animal with spikes.", I said remembering the incident.
"Ugh! Disgusting.", Danny said to me. "Maybe she inhaled too much smoke last night.".
"No, it was not that. It was something evil.".
"Sam, I think you should talk to someone about this and I'm not kidding.".
"I wouldn't make up something like this, Danny. And I'm not nuts.", I said.
My friend Tucker Foley, a nice goth guy, came up to me.
"Hey, Sam.", he said.
"Oh, hey Tucker.", I answered.
"I heard you were in the fire last night...I'm glad you didn't die.".
"Thanks.", I said.
"Bye, Sam.", he said before he left.
"Tucker Foley? I thought he only talked to goth girls.", Danny said confused.
"We take Literature together. He writes dark and scary stuff, and he's pretty good.", I said.
"Well, I'm like that too, but I don't go around looking like I'm dead.", Danny said smiling.
"Take me home.", I said laughing a little.
"Yes, babe.", Danny said.
My boyfriend wrapped his arm around me. Of course I wasn't very happy that he wouldn't believe my story, but he was still the greatest guy in the world.


Converting /tmp/phpF3twrf to /dev/stdout