Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ The trial of the prince ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own the show Danny Phantom, it is owned by Nickelodeon and Butch Hartman. Also, this story takes place three years after the defeat of Vlad, and the pairing is going to be Danny and Valerie. Anyway, on with the fic.
 
“Clockwork, who were they?” Danny inquires.
 
“They are a force known as The Dark Omens, their leader is Chaos, and he has the power to destroy whole star systems at will.” Clockwork says grimly.
 
“Chaos said something about the trial of the prince, what is that about?” Danny asks.
 
“This is not good, the trial of the prince is an non refuseable challenge to the chosen one.” Clockwork says to him.
 
“Chosen one, me?” Danny says confused.
 
“Yes, you are the chosen one, and this means that I have less than three months to train you.” Clockwork says sternly.
 
Tucker looks at Clockwork and asks, “Anything me or Sam can do?”
 
“Nothing as of right now, but I will alert you if that changes.” Clockwork replies.
 
Over the next few weeks Clockwork worked Danny like a dog, but it was paying off, Danny had learned finally three techniques; 1) how to use his ghostly wail and not
 
De-transform, 2) how to overshadow from a distance, and 3) how to make twelve flesh and blood duplicates of himself, and all of this without the use of Clockworks time orb.
 
Only at night would Danny's attention be brought to the woman he loved, his Nubian goddess who would forever have his heart, soul and his half of humanity. He couldn't imagine his life without her; if these fiends killed her he would most likely let them kill him as well. For without her he had no reason to live.
 
“Danny! You're not focusing!” Clockwork exclaims.
 
“I'm sorry Clockwork, it's just I'm worried about Valerie, that's all.” Danny says sadly.
 
“I take it you wish to see her, hmm?” Clockwork inquires.
 
“Sure do.” Danny says.
 
“Then come with me my old friend.” Clockwork says smiling.
 
Danny then proceeded to follow his friend into some room, where there was a glowing sphere.
 
“What's this thing?” Danny asks.
 
“Danny, this sphere will allow us to peek into The Dark Omens base and check on Valerie.” Clockwork says to him.
 
“Really?” Danny asks happily.
 
“Yes, now gaze into the sphere.” Clockwork says.
 
“Sure.” Danny says to him. When he looked onward he saw her, she looked relatively unharmed, but she was crying and that ripped at Danny's soul more than anything. He hated to see his angel in pain, and would give what's left of his humanity to make her smile again. Right then and there he knew he had to get strong enough to destroy these guys, just for making her cry.
 
Finally the day had come, the day he had to challenge The Dark Omens; and boy was he prepared.
 
“Danny, all I can say is good luck, and remember, don't use that new technique but only as a last resort, understood?” Clockwork says to him.
 
“Understood, and thank you my old friend.” Danny says, and with that he headed out into the ghost zone towards The Dark Omens base for a battle he would never forget.
 
A/N: Hey everyone, I hope you're enjoying the fic so far, and I want to thank my reviewers so far (you know who you are). Anyway, the new technique Clockwork talked about will not be revealed until the battle with Chaos, and if you thought the ghostly wail was strong you ain't seen nothing yet. Anyway, please review. Thanks - Gabriel769