Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Under It All ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Pamela struggled to remain in control as she talked to the officer on the other end of the phone line. He wasn't being very helpful, in fact he was being quite the opposite. Unhelpful. He was telling her the same thing over and over about how Samantha was a legal adult and as that she could leave the house if she wanted. The redhead claimed that she had been abducted by one of her less than normal friends, something the officer had disregarded immediately.

"I want you to find them and bring her home," the redhead stated firmly only to get a negative response before the man on the other end hung up on her. "Well, how rude!" the mother of the runaway stated as she slammed down the phone. Her husband entered the room looking at her in question. "They won't do anything since she's of age to leave."

"Honey, why does it matter that she left?" her husband questioned. "She doesn't want to be the heir and truthfully she hasn't been anything but a rebel from the get go." Pamela's teal eyes grew wide in shock at her husband's words. She knew it was true, but she was still their daughter and when they died who would inherit their assets?! She couldn't imagine them going to a charity or anything like that! No, they had to go the only child, Samantha!

"No, Thurston! Our daughter was kidnapped by that weird Fenton kid!" The blond male looked rather shocked at her accusation. They knew that Danny was the infamous Phantom that had been protecting them so for her to accuse him meant that she was accusing the hero of Amity as well. He wanted to shake his wife.

"Pamela, do you hear yourself?" he questioned coming to stand before her, his arms coming down on her shoulders. "You are accusing the hero of Amity of abducting our daughter." The teal eyes of his wife fell on him, the look in them one of understanding and for a second the male before her thought he had gotten through.

"Danny Phantom is a bad egg!" she hissed as she shrugged his hands off of her. "Even though he has been helping out the town he still was evil!" She took another step back her eyes growing even more crazy. "He robbed the town with that man, Freakshow and then... then..." The blond just shook his head. It seemed that his wife had finally cracked, her mind completely obsessed with their daughter. He just shook his head again as he attempted to talk her out of whatever her mind had come up with.

"Honey, Danny Phantom saves our daughter on more occasions then I can count. Sure," he said with a wave of his hands. "I thought he was bad given who his parents are, but now I can see that he's better. He's more competent than his parents." Pamela looked at husband and the look in her eyes wasn't a good one. She looked at him as if he had betrayed her. "Darling, you must understand that our relationship with our daughter has never been a good one and she's never wanted to stay here. She hates us and let's not pretend that we've been angels about this either."

"I want a divorce," was all the response he got as the redhead pushed past him. "You are not the man I fell in love with, and certainly not the man I married." The blond was in shock! How could his wife just walk away like this!? Then it hit him, this was not his wife. This woman was someone else, clearly her mind was gone. He took a step back and decided that he needed the aid of someone he never thought he would need.

"You need me to do what?" the overweight male in the orange jumpsuit inquired. Thurston looked around them, his large eyes watching for something, like he was being followed. They were in the Fenton Works basement so unless this person went through walls then they were safe.

"I want you to kidnap my wife and find out what's possessing her because I swear there is something wrong with her!" Jack looked at the man before him in question. He and Thurston had never seen eye to eye on a lot of things, but from what the man had come to him with... Well, let's just say that the man before him was spinning a tale a mile long because Jack knew his wife and knew that she was a crazy person on a normal day so what made this any different. "Please, Fenton. I want my wife back."

"I do-"

"Sure, she's always been a little one minded, but in the last few weeks it's gotten a little out of hand." Jack nodded. Danny had brought Sam over to the house and with a brief explanation took the Goth upstairs. He trusted his son and knew that if Sam were running away something big must have been happening over at the Manson house.

"Okay, I will kidnap your wife, if this is what you really want, but what am I looking for?" Thurston pointed out that his wife may be possessed, that the way she was acting was nothing like her and then the sudden interest to keep their daughter for longer than the 18 years they had planned on. There was defiantly something afoot. "So, you think she's possessed."

"Yes, she's done other things that were a little off, but I just blew them off. After all people change, but what she did going into our daughter's bathroom was a little too crazy as she knows how dangerous it is." Jack's brows raised. "Well, the last time she did it our daughter gave her a black shower." The man before him shuddered. "Pamela had black hair for a week. That was the week she stayed home since the hairdresser said they couldn't remove the kind that Sam had put in there, something about they would have to use enough bleach to make her hair fall out. My love doesn't do bald."

"Okay, but you need to keep this to yourself," the ghost hunter stated. Thurston nodded. There was no way that he would ever tell anyone how crazy his wife was, not just for her, but for him as well. He didn't need the pity party that people would be throwing for him. He gave himself a mental shake when he remembered the party their wealthy friends had thrown when it seemed that Sam wasn't going to be the good little rich girl they had raised her as. It had been down right humiliating! Leaving the other male Thurston decided he would go home and wait for the event to happen.

Sam sat back on Danny's bed, the halfa sitting next to her as they played a video game. That was all they had been doing since getting back to his house and she wasn't sure if it was because neither of them had a clue as to what do next or if neither one of them wanted to talk about it. She was really lost. She had this whole thing figured out, but she never thought she would just leave like that. Sam had planned on taking most of her stuff knowing that when she left her parents were going to girl-i-fy it. That wasn't something she wanted to happen since most of that stuff was from Danny.

Over the years the halfa had found several pieces of furniture that seemed to fit the Goth really well and had brought them to her. She wanted those things. Sure, they were just material items, but they had emotional strings for her. She needed to go back, but after what Danny had done for her could she ask him to go back for something that probably meant more to her then to him? There was more. She had her art stuff in the closet and she wanted those too. Danny looked at her, his blue eyes questioning.

"What's up?" he asked, putting the game on pause. "I can see that something is bothering you." Sam looked down at the controller in her hand. Could she ask him to do that? Would it be selfish? The halfa reached out at that moment, his hand falling on her clenched one holding the right side of the black controller. She looked up, their eyes meeting, and decided that even though he would do it for her she wasn't sure she could ask him. "You want to go back for something, don't you?" Amethyst eyes wide she nodded in shock. How had he known that?

"Danny, it's not that impor-" His hand tightened on hers.

"Sam, if it has you worried then it is important. We can take care of it tonight when your parents are asleep, okay?" She just nodded. Her best friend knew her too well. Smiling she turned back to the game, her other hand reaching out to unpause it.

"Time for me to kick your ass!" she declared. Danny smirked as he turned back to the screen, the two fighters on screen going at is as the pair pushed button after button to take the other down. All that was heard from that room was the sound of a pair of teens cursing the other out as each were taken down in turn.