Death Note Fan Fiction / Bleach Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Deadly, Doggy, Bleached-Out Diary ❯ The Weird Ol' Shrine and the Weird Ol' Man ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
I do not own:
Inuyasha
Death Note
Or Bleach.
If I did, Inuyasha would still be going strong, Hitsu/Hina would be one of the main couples, and Light would never… well, you know… the poor hot guy L

Chapter 1- The weird Ol’ Shrine with the Weird Ol’ Man!

“L, why did you force me to take a walk with you to this stupid shrine!?”
“Well, Light. Don’t get all fussy with me. I thought you might like an excuse to get out of that dreary office, but fine. If you want to go back and work on that case again-” Light interrupted him immediately.
“NO! NO! That’s ok! I would much rather be here than there. I haven’t left that place in 3 days!” L got that look on his face that read ‘yah stupid, you owe me.’ But he knew better and kept his mouth shut. They soon got up the ridiculously long stair case to the opening of the cheery shrine and were greeted by an old man in traditional Japanese hakamas.
“Welcome! Welcome to the Higurashi shrine! May I be your tour guide?” Light got a funny look on his face and L knew that this old guy was quickly getting on his nerves. L couldn’t really seem to tolerate him that well either. However, L shook his head yes and pulled out his wallet.
“How much will that be sir?”
“1,160 yen (equivalent to $10) each please!” he said even more chirpy this time. L pulled out 11,700 yen (equivalent to $100) and handed it to him in his usual unemotional way.
“Keep the change” He said. That made the old man do a secret happy dance after they left.
“Arigato! Arigato kind sir!” Light wondered momentarily how L had such money to just toss around everywhere, but then remembered who L was: the number one detective in Japan and most likely the world since he had worked in almost every country and was now in amazingly high demand. Of course he would raise his working pay! It was logical to do so at his level. Sooner than they knew possible, they were being shown around the place and shown all sorts of different Japanese artifacts from hundreds of years ago. Light was finding himself oddly interested in the things that odd man was saying, but L was finding him unbearable. L just had to take a break from the excited chatter going on and excused himself for a phone call.
“Well, this is the building that holds a magical well! Would you like to go inside?” Light was very interested by then and nodded an affirmative. He walked carefully into the ancient structure and headed toward the well. He stared at that well for who knows how long in wonder and amazement as the old man rattled off facts that Light wasn’t listening to. All of the sudden, Light was pulled out of his reverie to the sound of a young woman’s voice piercing the air in a loud yell.
“Grandpa!!!! Why in the world did you tell Yuki I had an all over body fungus!?! EW! That is sooooo GROSS!!!” Light looked at the shocked old man in confusement and the man hurriedly apologized and sprinted into his house on the shrine grounds. Light was all alone in that shrine and he could feel the weight of his Death Note in his jacket pocket. He felt like such an idiot for forgetting it was in there this morning and accidentally taking it to work. He took it out and looked through the pages of names scribbled in his own fine handwriting. Like the shrine and his beloved book, Kira knew that there were some things in this world that could never be explained. Light flew up from his seat on the ground as he heard the old man returning back to the shrine and carelessly shoved his book back into his coat pocket. Good, the man didn’t see it.
“I’m so sorry for that sir! My granddaughter enjoys harassing me while I’m doing my job.” Light smiled tensely; his heart still beating wildly from the unexpected visitor.
“Your friend is finished on the phone. Would you like to see a petrified dragon foot?” The old man smiled largely and pulled him out of the shrine.

____________________________________________________________ _______________


Kagome watched as the two men left the family shrine. One of them was tall and very handsome. The other however, had horrible posture and dark messy hair that hung limp in his face. She could tell he was either a hard worker or extremely tired because he had dark circles under his eyes, making his translucent skin appear even paler. She knew they would never come back. The people that came to the shrine and encountered her overly excited grandfather never ever came back.
Once she knew they were gone and out of sight, she rushed down the stairs with her excessively heavy backpack and out the door. On her way to the well house, she passed by her grandpa who was doing some sort of weird, spastic dance. She had to turn her head away from that train-wreck of a “dance”. Once she was in the house, however, she spotted something on the ground. Near the base of the well, there was a ratty, old notebook. She picked it up and figured one of the men had left it there. Though she knew it was rude to peek into people’s privacy, her curiosity had gotten the better of her and she flipped open the cover. Besides, what they didn’t know wouldn’t hurt them. She looked at the pages and found that there were only some random names scribbled on the thin pages in a fine handwriting. Was this person a hit man? Were these the names of his victims? Or worse… was he a tax collector?!?! She couldn’t even bear the thought. Maybe he was… a lawyer? She didn’t know, but when she saw the golden words engraved on the front cover, she decided hit man was more like it.
Death Note

The thing said ‘Death Note’ on the front!! That’s so scary! In a split decision, however, she decided to keep it and use it as a diary. She wouldn’t just give a hit man back a book that he would use to keep the names of his victims in!! And what was the use of it just laying around, gathering dust? It was a very nice journal and she, Kagome Higurashi, would put it to good use!
On that thought, she jumped down the well.

____________________________________________________________ _______________


“Rukia! Are you sure you feel spiritual pressure from the Higurashi Shrine?! That place is so run down! Who would be there?” Ichigo’s yells were being torn away from her ears by the wind made from their running from Karakura Town to Tokyo, but she was still able to make it out.
“Yes! It’s getting stronger!” Ichigo pushed himself harder and harder as the spiritual pressure was making itself more obvious to him as well. The shinigami of Tokyo were on a mission elsewhere and couldn’t keep up their posts, so he and Rukia were now in charge of Karakura and Tokyo all at the same time! It was exhausting! As they neared the shrine, the spiritual pressure was beginning to become painful, and he knew that this was no regular hallow. There it was. The shrine of the Higurashi family, deserted as always stood as a lonely structure on the horizon. He and Rukia were on the sacred grounds now and the humongous hallow was screaming and roaring its way to a small building to the side of the property.
“Hey! Bone Breath! Come and fight me!!” Ichigo yelled at the top of his lungs. The hallow turned around and took on large sweep of his arm at the pair of shinigami. However, he did not stay around for a fight as he realized he was right where he needed to be. The hallow shrunk itself into a smaller figure and entered what looked like to be a well house. Ichigo and Rukia followed it with all their speed, but only managed to watch it jump down the well placed in the middle of the room. A bright blue light encompassed the small enclosure and with that, the two soul reapers flash-stepped to the edge to look over. Amazingly, the hallow was nowhere to be found. Rukia looked at Ichigo.
“What do you think happed to it?” She said in a confused tone.
“I-I don’t know… It looks like he went into the well, or through it… or something like that…” Ichigo was just as mystified, if not more, than Rukia, and he was beginning to get freaked out. That was saying a lot, because he had been to the world of the dearly departed and that didn’t creep him out nearly as much as this had.
“Well, what should we do? We can’t just let him go free… wherever he went.” Ichigo put one leg over the edge of the odd well.
“I guess we’ll just have to follow him then. Let’s go.” He put out his hand and Rukia took it with more than a little hesitation. She was about to be dragged into a cursed well!! Where would it take her?!? But, it was her duty as a soul reaper to follow hallows and rid the world of them, so that’s what she would do… no matter how frightening it was.
She allowed Ichigo to fall down the well with her in tow, and as she fell, her feet touched no ground. She was free falling and she LOVED it! The feeling in her tummy was exhilarating and she never wanted it to end. However, though, it did when her feet touched dirt floor and the fun ride was over. She looked up at the sky and found no building over her. She was outside. Where in the world was she?
“Come on, Rukia. Let’s go find that hallow.” And with that, she followed her strawberry out of the deep well and into the undiscovered world above her. This would be quite the adventure.
-FIN-


A/N: Hey! I’ve never written a crossover before, so if this is a little weird, I’m terribly sorry! I’m also sorry if the Death Note part is a little OOC or incorrect. I watch the show when I can, but I simply don’t watch it as much as I do Inuyasha, Bleach and Code Geass. Oh wait! Code Geass isn’t in this story… Well, maybe not for long… I might just throw in a little Lelouch and Suzaku, just for my enjoyment! But anyways, Death Note won’t be as much of a factor as Bleach and Inuyasha, but the Death Note diary is very important to the plot. Actually, everything that will happen in this fic is about that diary, so Death Note will be a huge factor, but I probably will talk way more about the diary than the characters. However, they will still be mentioned as much a I can without screwing it up! I don’t know nearly as much about Death Note as I do the other two, so yah! Just bear with me and I’m pretty sure we’ll all make it through this fan-fiction in one piece… Hopefully… I just want to know what I’m talking about in this story! :D I will keep updating if people comment! NO flames JUST constructive criticism! PLEASE! Thank you so much for reading the first chapter of A Deadly, Doggy, Bleached-Out Diary
By: ABERCROMBIELVR!! :DD
I promise that if people love this and I know that I’m not just wasting my dear sweet time with this, that I will keep updating, so if you like “A Deadly, Doggy, Bleached-Out Diary”, then keep commenting and telling your friends about me! Thanks again my wonderful readers!!

BTW! I have more stories, people!! Go read them!

God Bless <3