Death Note Fan Fiction / Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Flower Snow ❯ Enter Hanayuki ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yuki sneezed and everyone looked at her. This was probably because of HOW she sneezed really. Yuki sneezes really cutely. REALLY cutely.
Hanayuki, Yuki because no one could figure out her real name and only knew her hacker name, was about 5'0, a cute height for a 18 year old girl, with shoulder length snow white hair and light blue-silver eyes. She looked like a child for the most part, wearing her old school uniform not out of need but rather disguise. As previously mentioned noted, Yuki was a hacker, a high class hacker that only a few in the underworld knew of, but she wasn't like the other hackers.
She sneezed again and the boy sitting next to her asked her if she was okay. Yuki looked at him and smiled softly, "I'm fine thank you."
The boy, seeming surprised by her sweetness nodded slowly and went back to whatever he was doing. Yuki closed her eyes, reviewing why she was even on the train in her uniform instead at home playing with her abnormally large Lego collection......
"Lady Yuki," the voice had said over her computer screen.
Yuki had been building a mini city, wearing instead of the school uniform her favorite light blue pajamas without shoes or socks despite the cold tile under her feet, when the laptop had reawakened and the voice came, a female voice at that, followed by a strange letter, a Roman letter, an L. She had no want nor need to answer, so she went back to building, until the voice repeated itself, "Hanayuki, answer me."
"You're very rude," Yuki had said, unemotional as she fitted a long red block to the top of what appeared to be the mini fire department.
"So are yours."
Yuki pouted, though she knew it made no difference, "State your business, I was playing."
She could hear the voice sigh then say, "I hear you're the best hacker there is."
"No."
"No?"
"No to whatever you want. I don't work with meanies." her childish nature had a way of keeping her from work. Good work too.
"But--"
"No."
Another voice came over, this one male. He sounded like he was only a little older than she was.
Four years...no, five years older, she thought to herself as he spoke, "You are Hanayuki, aren't you?"
"Obviously," Yuki said, "Your female companion said so herself."
"Well, Misa can be an idiot."
A loud yell of disagreement. Yuki smiled to herself, then said, "What do you want, Mr. famous detective L?"
"How did you know that?" He sounded genuinely confused.
"I might be a shut-in, but I'm not an idiot. L, also known as Ryuzaki, also known as Ryuuga Hideki, real name Lawliet, currently deceased. Taken over by one Light Yagami, 23 years old, son of Soichiro Yagami, older brother to Sayu Yagami. Your companion is Misa Amane, am i correct?"
"You know the answer to that."
"So what do you want?"
"I want you to help me find a certain person."
"What's their name? And why can't YOU do it? You
are L right?"
Silence rot with annoyance then an irritated reply, "He's one of the first L's successors."
"Which one? One or two?" Yuki knew of the three teens chosen to be L's successors, but of course L only knew of two, Mello and Near. She wasn't the type to divulge information.
"The one known as Near. Can you do it?"
Yuki smiled to herself and put one of her dolls, this one dressed like a fireman, into the firehouse, "Sure."