Death Note Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Perpetual Misdemeanors ❯ The Bad yet Good Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hello Guys! I am writing my own Death Note/Inuyasha fanfic. I don’t know if it should be continuous or not. I’m going to post the continuous version first, if I do not receive more than 5 reviews, I am going to delete it and post the one-shot version. Or I might do both. So here is chapter 1. My other stories will be updated soon! I just need some new ideas!
This takes place before L goes to Raito’s school. In fact, he just go excepted to to-oh university. AND I WILL BE THROWING IN STUFF FROM THE TV MOVIE!! Ages, will be mixed around as well. Kagome will have her powers but the jewel hunt happened when she was 14. Of course you know that since it’s before the college thing. Raito is 19, L is 21, Kagome…hm…I guess she’ll be 19 too.
Oh and this story is on fanfiction.net, I am shiroi yume and I am also shiroi lover of hiei on this site too but that account is getting deleted asap.
Chapter 1: Drastic Measures; Meeting the New Players
Raito sat on his bed, flipping through the blank pages of the Death Note he possessed. He did not know how long he’s had the Note, but all he knew was that it was his only ticket to creating his new world. He has supporters, and people who fear him. However, there are people trying to stop him and he will not let that happen. “Raito, Dinner!” He heard Sayu call from down stairs. “Raito, when you come back can you bring me an apple?” he heard Ryuk ask. “I’ll think about it.” Not that he wouldn’t bring him one He just found some amusement in watching Ryuk bounce around and contort his body. Almost like a child being denied candy. He went down stairs, blessed his food and made small talk with his family.
His father, for once, was actually home. And because of that, his mother made a feast. “So, Raito how is school?” he asked him. “Oh, ever thing is fine. I’m just glad that I am graduating this year.” Sayu pouted. “Aw, don’t look like that Sayu. You only have a few more years to go before your own graduation. I am anticipating that day. Both of my babies are all grown up!” His mother sighed in contempt. She was excited. Raito, although a tad bit anti-social, was very intelligent. Sayu was just as smart. She was a proud mother none the less. “Are you excited to be starting at To-Oh University?” Sayu asked him. “I guess so.”
From there dinner went smoothly. He picked up an apple and went back upstairs. Expecting Ryuk to be there he threw the apple in the air, but turned when he heard it fall to the floor. ‘Where could he have gone?’ Raito pondered. Shrugging, he sat back at hisdesk to finish purging the evil from his future world.
“Kira, I will find you. You can not hide from me.” L whispered. No matter how many times he had Raito cornered, he always managed to escape through some narrow crack in his steel proof plan. L knew with out a doubt, that Raito was Kira. He tried to hard to act like an innocent victim in the case, attempting to through off all clams thrown at him. From the way he acts, to the dirty magazines he reads while doing his homework. He tries to leave behind common things any normal teenaged boy would have in his room except for two things. The first, being that he is not a normal Japanese boy; Secondly, that would not explain that pricking feeling he gets whenever he is around Raito.
As if someone was there.
Meanwhile, He was looking at the profile of his newest rendition to the team.
Name: Kagome Higurashi
Age: N/A
Sex: Female
Location: N/A
Weight: 89 lbs (under weight for BMI)
Height: 5’3 ¾
Birth date: N/A
Cases solved: N/A
Cases unsolved: none
Not much of a profile, but it will have to do. She was recommended to him by a friend of Watari after searching for the best of the best in Japan. “Ryuzaki, when do you think she will come?” Watari asked him from the kitchen. “Judging by her record of cases and her location, I’d say she should be here in another hour or so.” Watari just smiled and continued baking the cake he was making. He wanted the new member of the team to feel welcomed. He just hopped L wouldn’t come in and eat it.
Every one was a little antsy on the fact that there was going to be a woman on the team. Tension filed the air as they heard a knock on the door. Watari went to open the doo r and in walked… “Hey guys! I thought I’d stop by on my way home from Kyoto” it was only Taro. Sighs of disappointment were released and L was getting frustrated. Not that he was sexist or anything, but seeing as how he never had to work with a female before, he doesn’t really understand how to act around them. What if she was one of those extremely happy all the time girls? Or those completely obsessed girls? Or what if she found him grotesque?
Another knock was heard on the door and Watari answered it. “Good evening, how may I help you?” Watari greeted. L still couldn’t tell who it was. “My name is Kagome Higurashi; I am here to assist you on catching Kira. I did bring muffins but I ate them. Sorry.” “Oh right, please come in.” and in walked a “cute” girl. The kind of girl, in L’s opinion, should be at home gawking at some handsome TV idol and running up her parent’s phone bill.
She radiated peace and innocence. “Before we begin, let me just say three things. For one, yes I am Kagome Higurashi, two; sexism will not be tolerated. I’m just as smart and maybe even smarter than most of you combined, don’t judge me before you even see what I can do. And three, I did not have my coffee today or anything sweet, piss me off, and you will thrown out of the window.” Did he say peace and innocence? “Miss Higurashi, in honor of your cooperation of assisting us on this case I made you a cake.” Watari presented it to her and her face lit up. “For me?” Watari nodded. Grabbing a knife and a fork she plopped down and started eating.
L had to clear his throat to gain some composure over himself. Still curled up on the love seat, directly across from her, he could see that she had bags under her eyes and her skin was pale. Not sickly pale, but noticeable. She was wearing a tank top and baggy cargo pants with battered sneakers. Her hair, although long and raven colored, was curled at the bottom with strands sticking out from everywhere. “You’re L, right?” He heard her ask. He looked up and she was looking directly at him. “Yes, I am. Welcome.” And he looked back down. “Kira is very stupid. And so are you for not being able to catch him yet.” L looked back up and glared at the insolent girl.
Kagome kicked off her shoes, pulled her legs in the seat and hunched over, almost like L. “Kira is clumsy. I know for a fact that Kira must be a child. There is no way in hell an adult would behave like he does. Kira is just an insolent little brat who wants things his way. Only killing off evil, not knowing that killing off evil will kill off the good. May I see your list of suspects please?” she asked. L pointed at a note pad lying on a desk. Picking it up gingerly, Kagome flipped through the book grabbed a pencil and circled one name, and handed it to L. The name she selected was Raito Yagami. “If Yagami-sama was here he would be angry.” “Taro, what part of, ‘The reason we have new names is to protect ourselves from being killed’, didn’t you understand?” Moji barked at him. “Oh! Sorry.”
Were these the people Kagome will be forced to put up with for God knows how long? She sighed, closed her eyes, and bit into some more cake. “So good…” she mumbled. When she opened them, she saw L looking at her. “What?” she asked curiously. He didn’t answer. Then she realized that he was looking at her cake. Sighing again, she handed the cake platter to him and watched as he ate the rest. “Let’s get to work.”
Damn it! She couldn’t sleep. Kagome has been tossing and turning for the last four hours. Insomnia was one of the many things that were bothering her. The second being the fact that a certain Shinigami was standing over her. “Damn it! Ryuk what do you want?” Kagome whispered harshly. “Nice to see you to Kagome-sama.” This was the only reason as to why she selected Raito in the first place. Ryuk told her everything. He was standing right next to her when she circled his name. Except that for just now, she just wanted to play with him for awhile.
She will get her revenge; and she will take him down at the same time. “Ryuk, thank you for informing me about Raito. I think it’s time to put his foolishness to an end.” Ryuk only nodded. He wasn’t stupid. He knew about the priestess powers she possessed and what she could do to him. Not only that, but if Ryuk was to give Raito Kagome’s name he’d be in a lot of trouble. For one, it was his death book that killed her and two, well; he’d be killing a deity of God. So, if Raito get’s a hold of her name, all hell will break loose. “What about your friends from the past?” Kagome sat up and fired a blast of her miko ki at him. “Don’t you ever bring that up again! I never want to think about that again!” she yelled. Ryuk nodded and sat on her bed. However, that didn’t mean he couldn’t lie to her or mess with her.
Kagome sighed and poked him. “What are you doing?”
Poke.
“Stop it.”
Poke.
Ryuk sighed and sat there. “I want you to continue following Raito. He too guilty to try and elude from me.” Ryuk nodded and she handed him an apple from the fruit bowl on her desk.
He just had to bring them up. Inuyasha, Sango, Miroku, Shippo, Kikyo and even Kouga are gone. They were all dead. Well except Sesshomaru. It happened so many years ago, yet it felt as if it happened yesterday. She brought out the jewel from under her night gown and chucked it at the nearest wall. It crashed with a soft clunk and reattached it’s self to the chain she threw it from. Damn jewel. Nothing but a circle of misery.
Kagome got up and headed to the kitchen to make something to eat. When ever she started thinking about the feudal era she’d get hungry. ‘What to make, what to make…’ There really wasn’t anything in the cabinets to eat. “Why the hell isn’t there any food around here. What am I supposed to eat!?” she cried out in disgust. “There is always room service.” She heard some say from behind her. She turned around slowly to see a hunched over L looking dead at her with his baggy, wide little eyes, the eerie glow of the TV’s he had on made him look like some shit you would see from The Ring. So she did what any sane person, who wakes up at 4:00 in the morning to get something to eat, would do.
She screamed.
L was pissed. In a sense anyway…was he really forced to work with this psycho woman for god knows how long it takes to bring Kira down? Yeah, it is natural for girls to scream when they see something scary; like a bug or something like that. But to scream because of a person who you knew was just insulting. Glancing at himself briefly in the mirror on the wall, he could say that he didn’t look that bad. “Look L, I am so sorry if I offended you, but you just scared the hell out of me last night. Almost as if you crawled out of the TV like that little girl did from The Ring.” Kagome said. That was almost 8 hrs ago. “You shouldn’t have been sneaking up on me anyway. Make a sound damn it; holler, whistle, cry out, scream. Maybe I should buy you a bell or something.”
So far, the only thing Kagome and L have done all day was bicker. Watari just looked on in amusement as did the other agents. Although L wasn’t the one getting flustered or showing signs of anger like Kagome was, he was still chocking over words and pausing in mid sentence. “Where are you going Kagome-chan?” “Don’t call me that anymore Taro.” She said sipping her tea. “Okay, then what do we call you?” Shijuro asked. Kagome seemed thoughtful for a moment. “I want to be called Kari. Naruki, Kari will be my name.” she said after awhile.
“Okay you two. You know that you both will be enrolled with Yagami-san, so you won’t be the odd ones out. Your uniforms are in the closet. Now can we please stop arguing and keep it moving. I have to be home in another hour.” Aihara said. “So Kari, what do you have planned for later on tonight?” Taro asked. “L and I are going out to eat, from there were going to have hot, wild, and passionate se-” “Don’t go there.” Aihara told her. Kagome pouted and continued sipping on her tea. L got up and slumped over to the bathroom and shut the door. No one noticed that when she said that, a faint blush marred his pale cheeks.
“You need to stop messing with L; we need him to be completely focused on the case.” “That’s why I mess with him. He needs to lighten up a little. However, I was not kidding. The first part anyway; He is taking me out to eat. I’m sick of room service and this case is free of charge so it’s not like I can really expect a fat check after this.” And she got up and left.
Moji sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. This girl was smart, but she was also a pain in the ass.
TIME SKIP
“We would like to introduce you to your freshmen representatives, Raito Yagami and Ryuga Hideki.” They bowed and the other’s clapped. L looked over to where Kagome was sitting. She smiled and continued clapping.
After the assembly, L walked over to where Kagome was sitting. She had changed her appearance completely. She wore the school uniform, had her hair straightened and even wore a little make up. She did look nice, but he liked her better in her natural state. “I know don’t rub it in.” She grumbled. Many of the students were talking about them already. “Oh my god, are they letting vagabonds enroll in this school?” “He’s not even wearing socks.” “Do you see that chick?” “Yeah she’s hot. What’s she doing with that loser?” “His kind of hot!” “Eri, quiet, he might here you.” Kagome sighed in sheer misery. Another school, another fan club, other jealous girls, and another year of no good two face bastards. “Ryuga, it’s so good to see you again.” Kagome looked up to see the one, the only, Raito Yagami, smiling that fake smile of his. “The same to you of course.” L said. Even though he does look haggard, at least he still has manners.
Raito smiled at the girl sitting close to L. He didn’t know who she was but he will eventually. At least she wasn’t sore on the eyes. From what he can tell, she looks like a completely ditz, so in reality, he has absolutely nothing to worry about; for now anyway. “Raito, do you play tennis?” L asked him. “I did win the Junior Championship in middle school. Why? Up to a game?” L nodded and the two walked off. ‘Like Ol’ chums’ Kagome thought. She rushed over to where they were gearing up, when she noticed three things. One, Damn she was short, because Raito and L are the same height, (if L was to sit up straight), two, A Little brownish, black book was sticking out of Raito’s bag and three, did he give her the once over? “Good luck!” She called out. So that’s why Ryuk was here. Raito has his death note.
Ryuk will pay.
The game went on for what seemed to be hours. Finally the game ended. Raito won and Kagome was asleep. “Kari, get up.” Startled, Kagome sprang up and yawned. “So your name is Kari?” Blushing Kagome nodded. She couldn’t believe she fell asleep outside. Well, seeing as how she slept outside with the other’s for many months, she could see why. “I’m hungry.” She said. L looked over at her and nodded. What little game was she playing? “Let’s got to Mickey D’s, I could kill for a double cheeseburger.” And the three walked off.
At Mickey D’s L ordered a bunch of cookies, 3 apple pies and a parfait. Raito got a cheeseburger and Kagome had a feast. L and Raito looked on as they watched Kagome slowly eat all of the food she ordered (and paid for.) “You must have been very hungry Naruki-san.” Raito said. “You can call me Kari. And yes I was. You get sick of hotel food after awhile.” L looked up a little. Did she let that slip of info out on purpose? “Where do you stay at?” “That new hotel, Yamasaki’s. Their food is good but there is nothing like a Big Mac (1)” She said. L watched as Kagome and Raito talked and laugh it up for what seemed like ages. Raito couldn’t believe it. This girl was rich. One top of that, he now realized that he was wrong about her being a ditz; she was quite intelligent. Mainly she focused on politics, so just to be curious he decided to ask for her opinion on the Kira case. “So Kari, what are your views on Kira.”
Kagome took a swig of her milkshake and cleared her throat. “Kira is a genius.” L looked shocked. Just a few days ago, she was bad mouthing him. What the hell is wrong with this picture? “He is so cool. He is killing off all those jerks that deserve to die anyway. It’s just cool. I like how he does it with out even near them. I look up to people Like Kira, taking a stand; taking charge in the world of corrupt people, and unjust punishments such as 2 years for a rape charge. That is not fair at all! I am glad some finally decided to correct this system. Plus, innocent tax payers have to pay for crooks. They should all just die and be done with it.” L was shocked. The main problem with everything was that she looked passionate, not a single trace of lies could be detected in her face and eyes. She was the ultimate deceiver.
They continued to talk for awhile before Raito announced that he had to go. “Really; here take this.” Kagome ripped a piece of napkin, scribbled something on it and handed it to him. “That’s my cell number and my hotel room number, so come by sometime.” Raito nodded and waved goodbye. As soon as he was out of their presence Kagome shook her hair until it returned into its neat yet tangled mess. “Ah, much better. Only when the situation calls would I ever look proper.” L nodded and called for Watari. “Hey, why don’t we walk home tonight?” Kagome suggested.
Shrugging L started off and Kagome ran to catch up with him. “So did you like me acting? Do you think I could win an Academy Award?” She asked. “Let’s stick with the case. Why did you tell Raito where you were staying?” “Actually, I’m not at the Yamasaki’s; I’m over at the recently built Borgada (2). I just told him that to see what his reaction would be. Kira would need someone with money or another Dea– I mean goal to accomplish his dreams.”
L looked over at Kagome. Is she toying with this case? She doesn’t even seem to be into it at all. “Hey let’s stop and get some ice cream, your treat.” and she ran off.
What is that girl hiding?
AT RAITO’S HOUSE
Raito sat on his bed listening to Ryuk crunch on an apple. “You know that Kari girl is kind of smart.” Ryuk said suddenly. Raito grunted in agreement. There was something about that girl that seemed off. Almost as if she radiated a child like yet god like aura. Her eyes were piercing as if she could see into his soul and that frightened him. He’d hate to have to kill her off if she knew too much yet she was a supporter of Kira to the fullest. Now to test her worth; She might be worth to fill the seat of Goddess.
BACK WITH THE TASK FORCE
“L, are you sure you sure we can capture Kira?” “Of course we will catch him. Justice will prevail.” L said from the love seat. The next thing you know Kagome came out of nowhere and glomped him. “Aw! How cute! And that little smile was just precious!” Aihara sighed and flopped down on the couch. These two will be the death of him. “Kagome, could you please tell me off you certification.” L asked. He was still very uncertain of her qualifications.
Kagome sat down, grabbed a dozen cookies and began telling his almost everything. “I solved my first case under the alias Hana no Yume. That was when I was 15 years old. I study abroad in America after I graduated Junior High. I Graduated from Clinton High School early with honors. I then continued to break case after case. From there I went as far as to attend the University of London but then I decided to go back to the States for college. I graduated from Yale University with my B.D in psychoanalysis and continued to solve cases around the world such as the Night Riders, who were notorious jewel thieves in France, to the Hiratsuka murder, which dealt with a little paranormal activity here in Japan. I was only able to get my degrees early because of terminal illnesses that kept me out of school and bedridden when I was 14 years old.
“So, when finally after the illnesses magically vanished, I had 4 years of work to make up and I done so and here I am today. What about you.” Matsuda looked at Kagome with sheer respect. All of that in such a short period of time. “And because of that I’ve developed an extreme sweet tooth and I like to sit Indian style when I think.” “What about holding your stuff gingerly?” “Oh and that too. Unlike L, who no offence, leans and continues to be in his comfy position everyday, I am a master of disguise. Ask L.”
Kagome stood up and walked into the kitchen. Okay, so she kept some things from them but hey, they don’t need to know everything. Kagome opened up a box of cake batter. What a perfect night it is to have cupcakes.
Or so she thought.
Not even 2 hours later, Kagome presented her cupcakes and everyone sighed. “Well, I guess I can split one of them.” There were only 3 plain cupcakes. “Sorry! I started to make them but then I ate some of the batter and then from the batter to the icing. So, oops. I’ll order up donuts.” Yagami was two minutes from cardiac arrest. Aside from her seemingly bubbly attitude and her feminine physique. He could swear that she was a relative of L’s. The thought of that caused him to faint.
When he woke up he saw everyone looking at L and Kagome’s glaring contest. “What’s going on?” “Well, when you passed out Kagome ordered up some chocolate donuts, and L and Kagome had a mini contest, and no there’s one donut left.” Taro told him. “It’s mine!” Kagome cried leaping for it. L stuck his foot out, tripping her and causing her to fall. He tried to grab it but Kagome pushed him out of the way. “Mine!” Kagome grabbed it and held it between her lips trying to run when L tackled her. Every time he reached for it kagome would slap his hand way. Finally, her swiped it from her lips with his teeth and sat back on the couch. Blushing kagome jumped and glared. It was practically an indirect kiss. Aizawa raised his eyebrows I amazement. That was out of character for L to do something like that. Everyone jumped suddenly when a battle cry was heard and turned to see kagome leap on to L’s back and watch them topple over.
“When will this day end…”
“The time has come for the players to start there game. Will the light conquer the darkness or will the darkness overcome the splendor of the light.” The deep voice of a man rang out through the night.
OWARI!
Well here the first installment.
Sorry if it seemed as if I rushed things, time will slow down after awhile. And no fucking flames!