Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ After Death ❯ Replacements ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own anything.

________________________________________________________ __________________________


"Bored?" Ryuk tilted his head to one side, looking at Light. "What do you- oooooh, I see. You aren't supposed to do that though." He scratched his head while shaking it and frowned "You aren't supposed to do that" He repeated.

"Well, why not?!" Light exclaimed. "I mean, you did it, didn't you? You dropped your notebook in the human world so why couldn't I?" Ryuk paused.

"Well, I suppose you could, but remember how bad it turned out when I did it before?"

"True, but all I have to do is drop it, then pick it up immediately so it doesn't fall into the ownership of some idiot. Then I can reclaim it and give it to someone who can continue the legacy or Kira!" Ryuk started laughing and that discouraged Light for a moment. Ryuk noticed and shook his head.

"No, no it will work, it's just- I had forgotten how amusing humans could be!" Light smirked.

"But I'm not a human anymore, Ryuk." Light took his death note and walked over to where the human world met with the Shinigami world. He paused, then with all his energy threw the notebook. He watched it whiz down to the human world then turned to Ryuk, who was staring inquisitavely at the place where he threw the notebook.

"Sayonara, Ryuk."

***

Light threw himself down into the human world, on newly sprouted wings, and landed in the middle of a busily crowded street. Damn, he thought, Someone could have taken it by now. But sure enough, on the road, was the death note. As soon as Light noticed it, a group of teenage girls spotted it and started running towards it.

"Hey look! A notebook!"

"What's it say on the front?"

"I dunno I-" All 3 girls started screaming at once.

"Did you see that?!"

"It disapeared!"

"Out of nowhere!"

"Oh my god!" Light took the notebook and flew off, leaving the 3 girls to wonder over what had happened to it. He didn't care. He needed to find a replacement. As quickly as possible. Still, even after Kira existed for 6 years, it's still impossible to find one reliable person in the world. Light realised by this point he wasn't in Japan, but America, which reminded him of Near. Once I find a suitable replacement, they can take care of Near for me. He flew down to a nearby roof and had just begun to ponder who to choose when he saw a woman walking down the road, briskly, with a man behind her. He was yelling at her but she was clearly choosing to ignore him.

"Kiyomi! I swear I didn't take it! I didn't gamble it, I was just trying to pay our bills!" the woman spun around on her heels and pointed her finger at him.

"How are we supposed to pay bills if we have no house, dumbass!" She turned around and continued walking as the man paused to take a swig out of a bottle covered in a paper bag.

"This entire world is FILLED with idiots like you! You can be easily replaced!" This got Light's attention. You can be easily replaced. Those same words he almost said to Misa countless times. Misa, he thought She must be miserable right now. I wish I could see her.- No. I don't have time to. I have to make sure I find a replacement first. This girl, Kiyomi. She could be my replacement. She has a certain power in the way she walks and talks, she could be Kira's next support! He flew down to where the woman was walking and dropped the notebook about four feet in front of her. She paused, looked up, then walked over to the notebook and held it.

"Death...note." She flipped to the inside cover as Light sat on the nearest rooftop. Perfect, he thought.

"How to use it." She continued. "The person who's name is written in this note... shall...die?" She covered her hand with her mouth and looked at the next rule. "After writing the name, cause of death should be written in the next 40 seconds. If a cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack... Oh my... the idea of such a thing is-" Light flew down from the roof and stood in front of Kiyomi.

"Perfect?" He said. Kiyomi stifled a scream and put her hand over her mouth once again.

(A/N) Sorry for such a short first chapter, I was just getting started :P