Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ After Death ❯ After Death ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

… Because I am on *such* a Light/Mikami kick now ^^
Disclaimer: Death Note belongs to Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Don't steal and don't sue. Thank you *Phantomness bows*
Title: After Death
Author: Shadow/Phantomness
Pairing: Light (Kira)/Mikami
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: Shonen-ai, religious fanaticism, Near bastardization, and possible OOCness
 
When Teru Mikami feels his vision hazing out, he realizes what has happened, and he realizes that really, really, it wasn't his fault. That damn Near got his hands on the real Death Note, wrote his actions up until his death, counted ten days in to give him time to confess his sins, perhaps, as if that would have mattered….
His chest aches and he bleeds, and he coughs bright red for one second, two, but he accepts the suffering, and he dies with Kira's image in his mind and please God take me to where you are…
And he wakes to find eyes crimson red meeting black, and he doesn't have to confess, because Kira knows, knows what Near wrote in black ink, forced him to play the traitor, and he forgives, though Mikami does not deserve it.
Mikami cries hot tears, his face pillowed in his God's lap, while clawed fingers run through his dark hair but it is all right because God is alive and that is all that matters, and he does not protest when his God demands a more… worthy offering.
Because after all, this is what he was made for.
 
End Fic
Completed 2/7/07
Have realized several interesting things about Mikami, which are now posted to my LJ under an appropriately titled fangirl rant. Yay. I can fangirl too, y'know!
And I hate Near. `Nuff said. And I think Kira is full Shinigami or at least partly but Mikami hasn't started transforming yet… so a bit of sex was okay. Boy that was random!