Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Card Captor Mikami ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Death Note belongs to Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Don't steal and don't sue. Thank you *Phantomness bows*
Title: Mine
Author: Shadow/Phantomness
Pairing: Light/Mikami, implied Light/L
Warnings: AU, offshoot of `Card Captor Mikami'. Because Mikami + Clow Cards = bloody wicked! Possible OOCness, Character Death
 
“You're awake.”
The voice was unfamiliar. L blinked his eyes, once, twice, before glancing upwards. The face was alien. Crimson eyes studied him dispassionately, before the man stood. L studied him, searching for some sort of clue. The man was wearing a neat suit, dark green, a blue tie, and a black overcoat.
How… how was he alive?
“It's a pity.” The man continues. “That he'll never know. I don't like keeping secrets from God, you know, but I'll never understand what he saw in you.”
The man smiles, deranged, twisted, as if L needed any more confirmation that he was crazy, and writes something, pen scratching in a black notebook.
L gasps, as he feels his hands come up, fingers tightening around his throat, squeezing…
When he wakes again, the man is still there.
 
“You're wondering how I'm doing this, aren't you?” The man asks. “Well, to be precise, you're not really Lawliet. You may think you are, but you're just a copy. A clone, if you will. Of course, you remember everything he does, up to the minute that he died, but that's not important.”
The man frowns for a minute, before nodding. “I suppose drowning might be fun. Watery, dear…”
There's something lying on his desk, now that L has a better look. It's some sort of chunky pink plastic thing, and he picks it up and taps it against a card - a tarot card?
L would say that magic doesn't exist, but he's seen Shinigami, so seeing spirits coming out of playing cards really shouldn't shock him that much, but the girl - mermaid? With blue skin is smiling, nastily, and she wraps around him in a bubble of water and squeezes.
He feels his vision hazing out again.
 
At the end of the day, Mikami puts his glasses back on, and tucks his cards neatly into his overcoat, and walks down the hall quietly. Kira is waiting for him, and Light rewards him with a smile, while Ryuk and Cerberus fight over the bowl of caramel-coated apples while Yue watches.
It's another day in Kira's perfect world, and until Mikami can purge himself of this jealousy, he'll keep secrets, because…
Eventually, Light will forget L, even if he has to erase the presence himself. He'll let Mirror rest and recover for a few days…
 
“Mikami.” Light says, and he gazes up into hazel eyes, and surrenders, and is secretly, secretly pleased that Light isn't too perfect.
After all, if Light could read minds, Light would hate him. But it's all right if justice is blind, just for now, and it won't take too much longer before he's cured and then everything will be all right.
 
End Fic
Started 5/26/07
Completed 5/27/07
I am expecting a lot of flames for this; actually, because every L fan on the planet will probably be stalking me…and Mikami is already crazy, so making him crazy-possessive isn't that much of a stretch is it?