Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Chasing Darkness ❯ Pressure ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
December 23, 2000 12:56pm

"Hey, where did my chocolate cake go! It was right here-" Ami shouted.

She turned around and noticed L behind her, fork in mouth and cake in hand. Ami sighed.

"C'mon! That was the last freakin' piece L!"

Suddenly, L stuffed a piece of lucious cake in Ami's mouth. She licked her lips in pressure and let out a small moan. L gave her a soft innocent smile.

Ami had always been best friends with L. They have tons in common, besides being a sugar addict. They are both now 17. They both have raven-black hair
and have the same opinions on life and society. And television. And did I mention they're both orphans?

Ami and L attend and have been attending The Wammy house (located in London, England) since they were five years old. L was abandoned by his parents, but Ami's parents died in front of her small childish eyes. They were shot, both in the head. The blood they splattered reached Ami's hands. Dark and defenseless, she
made her way upto a small park along the London streets. That's where she met Quillish Wammy, old and soft, but with a warm heart. Traveling
with him was a small boy, black spikey hair, looking dead at her. Ami raised her hand,, greeting him with a warm smile. But this kid was terrified. Every one who
saw him were daunted to their grave. He was an unusual child. But he was puzzled. " why isn't she running away?" he thinks to himself. Ami was the first
ever friend he had.

" Hey L, do you know what tomorrow is?" Ami pledged. Her eyes sparkled.

L's eyes were fixed on her. He shrugged casually.

" It's December 24th! Our Friendship anniversary! And Christmas eve! We should celebrate!" Ami screeched. She clapped her hands happily.

L scratched his head, twitching one eye. He was shocked that Ami can remember these small events. " w-where would you want to go? Nothing big, ok?"

Ami was always by L's side. They played together everyday. When L was with Ami, he felt safe. She made him feel like he was a person. Like he was worth living.
When they were eight years old, L got sick with pnemonia. Ami sat by L's side every waking moment. She would tell him stories every night.

L's favorite story was about a young princess, who once fell in love with an orphan. This orphan played beautiful music on his cello, and the princess was drowned with his melodies. But one day,her father found the orphan and the princess in her room, playing a note on his cello. He did not approve of him, but the princess pleaded her father to let him stay. Her father called him a "dirty coin begger" and executed him. The princess cried and cried. One night, she heard a familiar song, played by the orphan. She followed the lullaby untill she reached a river. Across the river she saw the orphan, sitting down smiling at her. She ran across, trying to reach him, but when she touched his hand, he dissapeared. The princess was so angry, she tried to drown herself. But she was dragged out by the spirit of the orphan. The orphan told her " live your life, for you are worth much more.........." and he promised her that he will always be in her dreams, playing wonderful songs of joy.

When Ami was finished with the story, she noticed L's tears rolling down his pale cheeks. She asked him what was wrong.

"why did he have to die, Ami?" L would whimper. Ami hugged him securely.

"it's ok, he is in her dreams, so he didn't die at all!" Ami would comfort L.

" Of course, uhh, how bout' we go for ice cream? Then we can watch some movies?" Ami recommened, jumping up.

L beamed. He thought Ami was always alittle bit too hiper every morning. " Excellent, Ami. That sounds just right for the occasion." His hands raised up to a high five.

There was a special kind of feeling he felt for Ami, something more than friendship. Ami always cheered him up. There will never be a day when he will not be happy to see Ami. It's like she had some sort of supernatural power that dragged him to her.................

Suddenly, Ami seized L's hand. Her eyes shifted to his eyes that sank into his faint skin. " Hey, we should throw a small christmas party! Invite Mello, Near, Matt, and Rebecca! It'd be loads of fun!" Ami said.

There was one thing L didn't have in common with Ami, and that's being loud and having fun. Ami liked to throw a lot of parties, or as she would say, " small gatherings."
Those small gatherings always ended up in a loud and explosive rumbles that included music, games, movies, even playing a little tackle football outside. And L's favorite part, sweet eating contest.

"Aww Ami, you know how i feel about parties......" L explained.

Ami bit her lower lip. " Please L? Just this one time? I promise it won't be rowdy! And besides, I can't not have my bestis friend there!" Ami squeezed L's hands tighter now.

" Fine, but just for you, not anyone else, ok?" L finally gave in. He knew he was going to regret it later on. Ami hurdled in frenzy. Her breasts almost spilled over her hot pink tank top. She leaned over to hug L, pressuring her chest against his.

L blushed in embarrasment. " A-Ami? Why don't we play a game now? Like, um-"

" Brain Quest?" Ami interupted.

L nodded in approval. He watched as Ami walked toward her room and removed a box from under her bed. She stored old pictures of her parents in there. She spotted the game." AH HA!" She said. Ami, then, took out the rectangular box and blew the dust from it in the air. She coughed. She ran over to the bright living room and sat down on the floral rug. It smelled like spring and renewal. Aroused, L sat down as well.

"Let's play!" Ami cheered.