Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Chasing Darkness ❯ Abandoned ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
December 24, 2000 7:38pm

" Ami?" L said as he walked into Ami's dorm room. He had 3 shopping bags that had red and green ornaments, several different decorations, and a bright shiny star for the Christmas tree. Ami had sent him out for them.

" Yeah, I'm right here! Let me put some clothes on k?" L heard Ami clammer through the walls of her bathroom. L rolled his eyes.

" Just hurry up! We have no idea when the guests are going to arive!" He replied. L hadn't given much thought on how today was going to go. He was hoping nobody remembered about the party. He always disliked people. He only liked being with Ami.

L swiftly took out all the decorations and lay them down on the couch. He just noticed the jolly music in the backround.

" ....Rockin around the Christmas tree
At the Christmas party hop
Mistletoe hung where you can see
Every couple tries to stop......."

L never really liked Christmas. He never got a real present from anyone. Nobody really talks to him, besides Ami, Mello, and Near. Well, this is actually the first Christmas and holiday he ever really celebrated. Mostly all of his holidays were spent watching movies and eating cake with Ami. It's what he'd prefer, anyway. But this time, Ami invited almost the whole house! How is he going to deal with more than seven people?

" Ok! I'm reaaaddy!" Ami blasted out the bathroom. She was wearing a small fitted santa outfit. Her skirt rested on her inner thighs, but she wore white stockings under. Ami's shirt barely covered her chest and showed her belly button. Her hair was let down, a santa hat on top.

She really isn't a little girl anymore. She has grown into a fine young woman.

"w-w-wow, Ami, you look dazzling!" L stumbled. He wasn't used to seeing Ami like this. She would usually wear baggy sweats and a tank top. Ami tugged L's arm joyously.

" Hey, why don't you change into something with more spirit?" Ami said blissfully.

" I like my spiritless spirit the way it is. I'm not here to-"

" Oh c'mon L, lighten up will ya," Ami interupted." Why can't you just be excited like I am-"

" Because I'm not like you!" L shouted, dropping a glass ornament and waiting for the shattering to happen.

Ami's eyes widen with fear. She's never heard him shout before. She walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a broom and a dust pan, and quietly swept the glass away.

" You didn't have to yell like that, you know." Ami finally said. " You could have just told me you didn't want to com-"

" I DID AMI! YOU WOULDN'T LISTEN! YOU KNOW I HATE BEING WITH OTHER PEOPLE BESIDES YOU! I'M JUST DOING THIS FOR YOU! I HATE IT! NO ONE HERE EVER LIKED ME BEFORE, SO WHY SHOULD THEY START NOW?" L was breathing heavily now. His great anger sent Ami flying down to the couch. Ami gawked at him. His eyes were wretched.

"well then, maybe you should leave, L. If you really don't want to be here." Ami softly spoke.

"maybe i should," L agreed. He headed out the door. " I'll come down later,"

"whatever," Ami shooed him away.

CHRISTMAS MORNING: 8:23AM

L awoke, sweaty and shaking. He was flat down on the cushions and pillows in front of the T.V. He didn't see Ami anywhere, and that confused him. He thought she would be there. L quickly got up and ran downstairs to Ami's dorm. He knocked several times. No answer. L then barged in. What he saw he couldn't believe. He gasped.

All of Ami's things were gone. Empty spaces of darkness filled the living room, bed room, and kitchen. L observed the abandoned dorm. Was this real? Where is Ami? Suddenly, L felt a hand on his shoulder.

" Son, what are you doing here?" He heard Qullish Wammy say.

"Where is Ami?" L asked impatiently.

"L, Ami was adopted. She moved to Japan. She is no longer here as an orphan." Wammy explained.

'Could this be true?' L thought. He felt a tear roll down his cheek. ' why didn't she say goodbye? why?' Wammy sighed.

" I just wanted you to know, L. Nobody showed up for her party except me." Wammy confessed. " she was crying her eyes out. She kept asking me why you left. She said that she thought you would come back, and she stayed up all night waiting for you. In the morning, a mother of two who signed the paper work already came in and got her." Wammy stopped.

"I-I-I-can't believ-" L studdered. He slowly exited the dorm, head down, hoping no one had seen him, ever again.